Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

history

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: history

Originally posted by arabaliozian View Post
    QUESTION
    Remember my friends:
    free speech is a fundamental human right,
    dissent is not treason,
    a political party that places its own agenda above the solidarity and welfare of the nation is not democratic but tyrannical,
    and our political leaders are not bosses or representatives of god on earth but public servants.
    Because I say these things, am I then your enemy?
    #
    I agree with this and the answer to your question is no.

A man must have honor and respect for himself before he can have it for God and Country.

BTW, dissent is the highest form of patriotism.
    B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
      Well bell the xxxxx cat went into hiding i guess. My bet is the monument in that vid was made to remember the armenian martyrs and the turcks just turned the story around saying it was for the turcks who were killed by the armenians. It amazes me how these turcks come into our forums talkin xxxx but in actuality are xxxxxs at heart. I am not seeing really any hopefull sighns from these people at all. Even the ones who have the brains to questions the state approved version of history lack the balls to do the right thing. A professor i very much respected and learned a lot from tried hard to establish dialogue between our peoples and he brought some turckish professors of history to detroits armenian community center so that we could establish dialogue. This was loong ago but i am not sure how much good this is going to bring. As i said before it is up to turckey to solve this issue and it does involve recognition and restotution. Since non of these two things seems likely to happen i can only forsee another tragic war in the future where either armenia will strike turckey when it is weak or the turck will try to finish the genocide it started if russia for whatever reason allows it. The wounds of the armenian survivors are way too deep to forget and the hatred only rises with every act of turckish denial. I hope i am wrong and no more bloodshed is needed but i get no hope from the turcks visiting our forums.
      Whatever is behind those xxxxxs makes me doubtful if a reply is deserving.

I was expecting there to be more about the Van Cats, but it seems that is actually all there is in the video. Though my additional story about the monument is short as well.

The monument dates from the mid-1990s. Underneath the current marble plaque on the monument there is a brass one. The marble one gives the date 1918 but on the original brass one the date is 1915.
      The monument is supposed to commemorate a massacre of Turkish inhabitants of Subatan by Armenians in April 1918. Given that there are no neutral accounts and the Turkish accounts are mostly propaganda, it is impossible to know what, if anything, actually happened. This was during the Ottoman Empire's offensive against Armenia (they captured Kars in April 1918). By having the fake date of 1915, the Turks were obviously trying to connect this event to the genocide of 1915. At the end of the 90s the brass one was vandalised and had paint poured over it.
      Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

Genocide. That word seems to drive people crazy doesn't it? Yet it didin't exist in any voccabulary until the mid 20th Century!
        The then League of Nations commissioned Raphael Lempkin to explain what had happened to the Armenians, and he coined the word GENOCIDE. We should always keep that in the forefront. The use of Genocide with any other event should be clarified as to definition. I do not mean to demean any nation's sufferings, but let's get the order straight and let's get definitions straight.

Comment

Originally posted by Eddo211 View Post
          Mr. Baliozian. You say many have accused Americans of Genocide in Vietnam and that Vietnamese themselves do not blame the American people but put the fault on the US government.
          That is a fallacy. There is no doubt that US bombers were responsible for terrible deaths in Vietnam and the US GI’s did some terrible things beyond the code of honor but to categorize this into a Genocide would not only be incorrect but it demeans the definition of Genocide which you do not seem to be aware of. Mr. Baliozian I am very surprised that you do not know this but a Genocide is always committed by the STATE (Government) against its own citizens. I suggest you look up the correct definition.
          The Vietnamese were not leaving under the laws and protection of the US government, furthermore there was no land lost to the invading forces who were not planning on occupying and conquering the Vietnamese lands. No doubt many were massacred but that does not qualify as Genocide like Darfur....... and incidentally just yesterday the International Criminal Court issued an arrest warrant for Omar al-Bashir, the president of Sudan, on charges of war crimes and crimes against humanity in connection with the Darfur conflict. Would this not be a step in the right direction for the remaining victims and humanity in whole? Sure, it cannot bring the dead back but this does set a precedent for the future and makes it legal in a sense that “IT DID HAPPEN” which later on can be used for compensation and return of any lost land.

I see you have advanced your proposed relations with Turks from friends to brothers. Well Sir, it is very hard to make friends let alone brothers with an enemy who wants to kill you.

Below is a typical confession I squeeze out of Ultra-Nationalist Turks (granted this guy is not as seasoned as others I come across and a bit confused). Please explain how we can become brothers.

<<<<<<<<<If it is really a genocide

SO WHAT ! ! ! Ottoman xxxish generals and the army generally occured with generally region Kurds does make Turks to be responsible ?

Also I am the 4. generation, am I responsible for that no!!.. Turkey and Ottoman Empire are not same thing.>>>>>>>>>>>

Do you see the problem Mr. Baliozian?
          Very good Eddo. Indeed we as a nation cannot consider turks as friends, much less as brothers when they are in DENIAL of the Armenian Genocide. If anyone is on the side of the turks, then he is brown nosing and worse he is brown nosing with an enemy who is denying of his 2 Million anscestral barbaric killings ONLY for them (the turks) to do it time and time again.

Mr Baliozian did not give an acceptable answer to your question Eddo. A Genocide occurs when a nation kills her own innocent citizens. And turkey surely did that. How can we be on the side of such denialist government and people who will kill us Armenians time and time again when they deny such horrendous barbaric acts after 94 years and call them our friends and our brothers? Anyone in the right mind and the right heart or even a moral person would not.
          Last edited by Anoush; 06-23-2009, 05:23 AM.

Comment

I really try Mr. Baliozian but it long road ahead for true friendship. Few examples

Azeri poster on a military website (several posts added together):

"Caucasian Tatars was a name given to us by Russians. Tatar part was to describe our Turkic origin and there is none that denies Turkic origin of Azerbaijan. But we have also a Caucasian origin, wich Armenia dosen't. Many Caucasian tribes joined Turkic tribes and formed modern nation of Azerbaijan.
            So of course we have every right to claim Nagorno-Karabakh, much more then Armenians.
            Azeri empire. Just before Russian invasion, there was Khanates of Azerbaijan and whole modern day Armenia was just one Khanate of Azerbaijan called Ireven khanate.
            Liberated? You mean occupied?
            Please put down your "Greater Armenia" dream.
            Nagorno Karabakh is officially part of Azerbaijan. Armenian forces there are occupant and So-called Nagorno Karabakh Republic are fake by international means.
            Armenia or fake NK army are no match to Azerbaijan army AT ALL.
            Azerbaijan army have absolute domination over Armenian army in terms of everything. Its not 1991, its 2009!
            Azerbaijan is ready to return its occupied territorities."

A Turk on the same website.

"Basically, you are demanding that we open a border that you don't even recognize? Oki doki...
            Looks like your God is... Well, let's put it this way, have you ever thought about converting? It ain't panning the way it's supposed to be dude... Besides, we have 72 virgins and as many goats as you can have... Now, even Buddha can't match that!

A turk on a social site:

I partly agreed these people, it should have been "Armenians can't go through this door, dogs are allowed"
            I like xxxs, They are good people

....And another Turk on the same website.

“what a ****in lies here.....now this xxxx comments made armanians clear????innocent people... read english,american archives u ll how horrible armenians are......just slave people”

Never mind my responses to them...............Any advises Mr. Baliozian.
            B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Originally posted by Eddo211 View Post
              I really try Mr. Baliozian but it long road ahead for true friendship. Few examples

Azeri poster on a military website (several posts added together):

"Caucasian Tatars was a name given to us by Russians. Tatar part was to describe our Turkic origin and there is none that denies Turkic origin of Azerbaijan. But we have also a Caucasian origin, wich Armenia dosen't. Many Caucasian tribes joined Turkic tribes and formed modern nation of Azerbaijan.
              So of course we have every right to claim Nagorno-Karabakh, much more then Armenians.
              Azeri empire. Just before Russian invasion, there was Khanates of Azerbaijan and whole modern day Armenia was just one Khanate of Azerbaijan called Ireven khanate.
              Liberated? You mean occupied?
              Please put down your "Greater Armenia" dream.
              Nagorno Karabakh is officially part of Azerbaijan. Armenian forces there are occupant and So-called Nagorno Karabakh Republic are fake by international means.
              Armenia or fake NK army are no match to Azerbaijan army AT ALL.
              Azerbaijan army have absolute domination over Armenian army in terms of everything. Its not 1991, its 2009!
              Azerbaijan is ready to return its occupied territorities."

A Turk on the same website.

"Basically, you are demanding that we open a border that you don't even recognize? Oki doki...
              Looks like your God is... Well, let's put it this way, have you ever thought about converting? It ain't panning the way it's supposed to be dude... Besides, we have 72 virgins and as many goats as you can have... Now, even Buddha can't match that!

A turk on a social site:

I partly agreed these people, it should have been "Armenians can't go through this door, dogs are allowed"
              I like xxxs, They are good people

....And another Turk on the same website.

“what a ****in lies here.....now this xxxx comments made armanians clear????innocent people... read english,american archives u ll how horrible armenians are......just slave people”

Never mind my responses to them...............Any advises Mr. Baliozian.
              Hmm, site as in classified or forum? If its a forum, maybe I can assist you, I miss our tag team matches

Comment

My mother was deported at the age of 13 with her family in 1915.
                They lived 4 years in a village called Bolovadine (I don't know where it is) but shie told me that all the population there were Tatars, she ment Turks. Now I think they were Azeris. They were not Caucasian at all, there were no Armenians in that village.

Comment

A long article about McNamara, from which one paragraph struck a chord... although the quotation doesn't involve the Vietnamese victims.

In 1995, he took a stand against his own conduct of the war, confessing in a memoir that it was “wrong, terribly wrong.” In return, he faced a firestorm of scorn.

“Mr. McNamara must not escape the lasting moral condemnation of his countrymen,” The New York Times said in a widely discussed editorial, written by the page’s editor at the time, Howell Raines. “Surely he must in every quiet and prosperous moment hear the ceaseless whispers of those poor boys in the infantry, dying in the tall grass, platoon by platoon, for no purpose. What he took from them cannot be repaid by prime-time apology and stale tears, three decades late.” Mc Namara died on july 6th 2009.

Comment

Working...
                  X