Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Urartian proto Armenian problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urartian proto Armenian problem

So I have been reading some urartian history, and a lot of historians seem to agree that we Armenians are phrygian colonist who arrived at the Armenian highlands at around 800 BC

So I'd like to ask, what do you guys think about this?

Re: Urartian proto Armenian problem

Originally posted by DieHard69 View Post
    a lot of historians seem to agree that we Armenians are phrygian colonist
    If "one" equates to "lot" than yes. Apparently Herodotus claimed those two words of yours. There is no evidence (genetics, language, history) and no one even talk about the connection of Phrygians to Armenians. This would only serve the azeris to promote their theory that Armenians are not native of the region.

Comment

So I have been reading some urartian history, and a lot of historians seem to agree that we Armenians are phrygian colonist who arrived at the Armenian highlands at around 800 BC

So one has to ask, where did they come from, Central Asia?

Politics is not about the pursuit of morality nor what's right or wrong
      Its about self interest at personal and national level often at odds with the above.
      Great politicians pursue the National interest and small politicians personal interests

Comment

Our history goes back into the mists of time.
        The story of Haig (Haik) uniting Hayastan points to a uniting of different groups that actually originally came from the same family. So it is with the phyrigians. The Phyrigians are tracked coming from Albania to Anatolia and that's all that's known. The Phyrigians and Hurrians both originated from the Armenian heartland and spoke our common language. They both migrated to different areas early in our history. The Phyrigians went to Albania before the Albanians arrived. After living with the Albanian for some time that became intolerable and they migrated back to Anatolia. When they came back, they had some different dress habits and customs but did not lose their identity. The large stone pointed hat on top of a mtn in Anatolia is Phyrigians depiction.
        The story of us is so old and convoluted it's confusing.
        From Noah to us is a winding path of many millennia.

Comment

Originally posted by Artashes View Post
          Our history goes back into the mists of time.
          The story of Haig (Haik) uniting Hayastan points to a uniting of different groups that actually originally came from the same family. So it is with the phyrigians. The Phyrigians are tracked coming from Albania to Anatolia and that's all that's known. The Phyrigians and Hurrians both originated from the Armenian heartland and spoke our common language. They both migrated to different areas early in our history. The Phyrigians went to Albania before the Albanians arrived. After living with the Albanian for some time that became intolerable and they migrated back to Anatolia. When they came back, they had some different dress habits and customs but did not lose their identity. The large stone pointed hat on top of a mtn in Anatolia is Phyrigians depiction.
          The story of us is so old and convoluted it's confusing.
          From Noah to us is a winding path of many millennia.
          Urartu --- similar story as Phyrigians but with its own twists. Urartu is parallel story to Haik (Haig). Haik was a giant (mix of fallen angel and Hayr women). When we or a segment of us united with Armen and his group I cannot tell. However, that original mix went from Armenian Highland down to Mesopotamia. From prosperous settlements between the rivers to city states is a long and unique (strange) history. In this strangeness of the city states there was a collapse. Rulers changed and the japhetic and shemetic lines colla berated and became the rulers. The Shem line became tyrannical and the Japheth line severed the relationship and returned to the Armenian highlands. Both the Shem and Japhetic lines were intermixed with angelic (fallen) blood, hence giant status for some.
          The Hurrians, Phyrigians, Urartians, and others all share the genes of the same family going to Japhes , Noah, Adam.
          The monumental buildings was one strange chapter in the history of the son of man. That story is being falsified by modern historians in an attempt to make it "non" strange and palatable for the masses.
          You can't substitute propaganda for the truth and get a clear story. The truth is being obfuscated for whoever the fk is manipulating.
          It's still a weird world we live in. Look around.

Comment

Thanks for the feed back about our opinion, shall we talk more about this or not interested? There is a lot stuff to talk about outside of our ways of telling history a good example is Armen Petrosyan's

The problem with the identification of proto Armenians

Though I may warn you, you will need an open mind like mine.

Comment

Thanks for the feed back about our opinion, shall we talk more about this or not interested? There is a lot stuff to talk about outside of our ways of telling history a good example is Armen Petrosyan's

The problem with the identification of proto Armenians

Though I may warn you, you will need an open mind like mine.
              I for one am interested. My original research comes from UCLA Armenian library . I'm 67 now but was decades younger then. Would be very interested on your research, conclusions, and sources.
              Never read Armen petrosyan. This thread seems like a good place to talk about our long road to today.

Comment

Ok, I just did a quick read of Armen Peytrosyan's proto armenian work. I have already read that..
                Let's talk.

Comment

Great. Nice to meet you sir, I see you have red the the proto Armenian problem written by Armen petrosyan its very interesting how convoluted our origins are compared to many language which are simple are seems to be much more interesting.

Comment

Great. Nice to meet you sir, I see you have red the the proto Armenian problem written by Armen petrosyan its very interesting how convoluted our origins are compared to many language which are simple are seems to be much more interesting.
                    The story of life. The story of man is contained in the story of life. The story of "outer space" is contained in the story of life. The story of life contains two factors. (1) God. (2) all other lives *** that God made***.
                    The story of man and the story of angels (fallen) is identicle. Man (Adam) disobeys God and chooses to decide for himself what his conduct shall be. Same story as the "angels".
                    Our story (Armenian) is actually not more interesting than others, but the same story.
                    I don't look at Armenia as Armenia. I see the REMNANT of Armenia, that's all. Maybe 3 million left on a sliver of of Hayastan, a remnant, all else is gone.
                    I tracked the man and at a certain point was compelled to track "off worlders" as well. The off worlders (some) became part of man. Indistinguishable by all modern day accounts. Still, I tracked the man.
                    Noah was a man. Besides the genetic link between Noah and Hayr, is this ... Noah spoke a language that is very similar to ours but without the indo European addition. Hayr aren't really ind European people, but there is an admixture.
                    Look at the variety of answers man od today has for all that besets him.
                    No matter how bright, no matter what sector of the universe one comes from, non are fit to guide their own steps. Yet that is precisely what is --- still --- taking place. Everybody's doing a great job, right? Lol.
                    At this point in time, I'm going to throw in my two cents.
                    There isn't a man alive who even knows WHY God made him.
                    Yet everyone is ready to take the reins of his life and lead his or her own life.
                    I'm really expecting great and wonderful things from the leadership of men and women.
                    Can you feel it man. Makes a fella burst with pride.
                    But it makes me regret I ever existed.
                    All I can think to tell man is ... Keep strutting, you are just so impressive.

Comment

Working...
                    X