Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Armenian Highlands: the birth place of civilization

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by skhara
    Well Karo, When I googled the film, I saw that some of the actors playing Armenians in the film were French and Spanish (something to think about).
    Again, I agree with you my young friend. Generally speaking, we Armenians loose sense of reality and objectivity when discussing such sensitive matters.

Why should the French, the Russian, or anybody else for that matter, happily accept other nationalities within their respective nations? What we Armenians have is a poor case of - please accept us we are homeless - diaspora mentality.

If I, as an Armenian, have choosen to live within a country other than my homeland, I should not expect to be treated with white gloves all the time. Its as simple as that.

Its *THEIR* country for God sake!

If one day Armenia prospers and we are overwhelmed with non-Armenian imigrants coming into our nation for work and/or refuge, I would want Armenians to be just as harsh towards them - whoever they may be.

Armenia for Armenians.

France for the French. Russia for Russians. Germany for Germans. Greece for the Greeks...
    Last edited by Armenian; 11-14-2005, 04:14 PM.
    Մեր ժողովուրդն արանց հայրենասիրութեան այն է, ինչ որ մի մարմին' առանց հոգու:

Նժդեհ

Please visit me at my Heralding the Rise of Russia blog: http://theriseofrussia.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Armenian
      Again, I agree with you my young friend. Generally speaking, we Armenians loose sense of reality and objectivity when discussing such sensitive matters.

Why should the French, the Russian, or anybody else for that matter, happily accept other nationalities within their respective nations? What we Armenians have is a poor case of - please accept us we are homeless - diaspora mentality.

If I, as an Armenian, have choosen to live within a country other than my homeland, I should not expect to be treated with white gloves all the time. Its as simple as that.

Its *THEIR* country for God sake!

If one day Armenia prospers and we are overwhelmed with non-Armenian imigrants coming into our nation for work and/or refuge, I would want Armenians to be just as harsh towards them - whoever they may be.

Armenia for Armenians.

France for the French. Russia for Russians. Germany for Germans. Greece for the Greeks...
      But Armenians hardly overwhelmed France. Plus they weren't political or economic refugies. They were survivors who in all fairness needed some nation to welcome them. Even Armenians escaping into modern Armenia had to be welcomed by a foreign nation. I'd like to think that if Armenia become prosperous and the next day Greeks were being hunted down, we would welcome them. That would be different than welcoming hoards of legal or illegal immigrants who don't necessarily add anything to the host nation.

In addition Armenians anywhere in those times at least were assets to the host nations. Except today's idiots in LA mostly, Armenians have always become the hardest and most talented citizens of the host nation. SUch behaviour is hardly worthy of blind and retarded racism. But then again blind racism is retarded. By the way, my dislike and distrust of turks is not racism. Racism is unwarranted dislike of someone, ie. based on superficial factors, like race. Our feelings of turks are based on hard facts. The discrimination Armenians or other races suffered is usually the result of morons who are ashamed of their race's weeknesses and rather than do something about it, turn their insecurities against others.

Comment

Originally posted by karoaper
        But Armenians hardly overwhelmed France. Plus they weren't political or economic refugies. They were survivors who in all fairness needed some nation to welcome them.
        Again, Karo, its their country they can do as they please. Its as simple as that. I am not saying the French are a happy-go-lucky bunch, but we Armenians should not "expect" hospitality within other nations - regardless for the situations we are faced with. Besides, for the typical ignorant Frenchmen Armenian imigrants look and act like typical Middle Easterners, especially the our genocide survivors who were more-or-less very Turkified.

Skhara had it right, this type of bigotry is natural human behaviour, especially for the French - who are world famous for their snotty attitudes. Again, Armenians need to stop their diasporan mentality. If you want to be an Armenian and act like an Armenian - then you need to live in Armenia. However, if circumstances forces you to live "elsewhere" then you must put up with "otar" attitudes.

Նժդեհ

Please visit me at my Heralding the Rise of Russia blog: http://theriseofrussia.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Armenian
          Again, Karo, its their country they can do as they please. Its as simple as that. I am not saying the French are a happy-go-lucky bunch, but we Armenians should not "expect" hospitality within other nations - regardless for the situations we are faced with. Besides, for the typical ignorant Frenchmen Armenian imigrants look and act like typical Middle Easterners, especially the our genocide survivors who were more-or-less very Turkified.

Skhara had it right, this type of bigotry is natural human behaviour, especially for the French - who are world famous for their snotty attitudes. Again, Armenians need to stop their diasporan mentality. If you want to be an Armenian and act like an Armenian - then you need to live in Armenia. However, if circumstances forces you to live "elsewhere" then you must put up with "otar" attitudes.
          Ditto.
          We agree in a nutshell. But still, humans have other natural behaviours that are ugly as sin. This one needs to go as well.

Comment

Originally posted by karoaper
            But still, humans have other natural behaviours that are ugly as sin. This one needs to go as well.
            I agree, but let me put the shoe on the other foot.

Would you want, lets say, Assyrians, xxxs, Yezdis, Parsiks, Indians, over populating Yerevan? Would you want them taking jobs away from Hayastantsis? Would you want them engaging in crime activity within Hayastan? Would you want them to impose their culture upon us? Would you want them to turn our towns into slums?

I'm sure the answer is no.

And the answer would be no regardless of the excuses. As such, Europeans have the right to reject 'others' from within their nations.

If a Frenchman has a problem with Armenians in France, its not Armenians as per say he has a problem with, its the non-French in France he has a problem with. I happen to agree with the anti-foreigner sentiments of many Europeans today. Look at the culture of Algerians, Pakistanis and the Turks within Europe. Look at the way Azeris, Georgians, Chechens and Afghans behave in Russia.

How can anyone expect the Europeans and the Russians to tolerate that type of filth withn their nations? Unfortunatenly, however, we Armenian often get caught in the middle of these socio-economic problems.

Նժդեհ

Comment

Hey, Assyrians are cool.

Comment

Originally posted by TomServo
                Hey, Assyrians are cool.
                Depends on the Assyrian. But you didn't take the comment in context.

Comment

What's cooler than cool? Ice cold.

Comment

Originally posted by TomServo
                    Hey, Assyrians are cool.

Look at the way Azeris, Georgians, Chechens and Afghans behave in Russia.
                    Well my friend, perhaps its your inherent bias, but I think you left out some people from your list. In fact, you may as well replace Afgans because there are no to very few Afgans in Russia.

I know for a fact that there are Armenian gangsters who are in the same gangs in Russia with those who are supposed to be our enemies -- the Azeris. And the fact that they are recognised as Armenians is an embarassment. And another very natural thing for people to do, is to generalise which leads to backlash against a whole community.

Comment

Well my friend, perhaps its your inherent bias, but I think you left out some people from your list. In fact, you may as well replace Afgans because there are no to very few Afgans in Russia. I know for a fact that there are Armenian gangsters who are in the same gangs in Russia with those who are supposed to be our enemies -- the Azeris. And the fact that they are recognised as Armenians is an embarassment. And another very natural thing for people to do, is to generalise which leads to backlash against a whole community.
                      No Skhara, its not my bias.

Simply put, my comments had nothing to do with "gangsters" or organized crime in Russia, which is fairly wide-spread and includes all kinds of peoples. I was essentially talking about the life-styles and mentalities of non-Russians living within Russia. It is well known that Russian Armenians, generally speaking, are more Russian than Armenian. Moreover, most Russian Armenians, generally speaking, are working class proffessionals with good educations.

The same cannot be said of Asiatics, Chechens, Azeris, Georgians and, yes, Afghans who live within various Russian cities. Regarding Afghans: I think there are over a million of them in Russia today.

Նժդեհ

Comment

Working...
                      X