Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Birth rate in Armenia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Birth rate in Armenia

The population in Armenia has dropped by approximately 10 000 in the past nine months as compared to the same period in 2015, Head of the Census and Demography Department at the National Statistical Service (NSS) said on November 8.
    According to the NSS, 2 993 900 people were residing in Armenia as of October 1, 2016.
    The birth rate has fallen by 2,3 percent, while the death birth by 2,5 percent.
    Karine Kuyumjyan says the highest birth rates were recorded in Yerevan while the lowest in Syunik and Tavush marzes. Most deaths were registered in Lori, Tavush, Shirak and Vayots Dzor.
    Marriage and divorce statistics in Armenia show a decrease in the number of marriages (by 7,9 percent) and divorces (4,2 percent). Most marriages were registered in Yerevan. The birth rate exceeds mortality rate by more than 40 percent.
    Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Sad thread. On the one hand we waited 700 years to have a country, now when we got one few want to live in it. The turk is loving this, and the russians are satisified cuz it means we will be even more dependant on them. Time to face the music ppl. We are screwed. Enjoy while it lasts.

Comment

Armenia’s population stands at 2,986,500 people

YEREVAN, January 31. / ARKA /. Armenia’s permanent population as of January 1, 2017 stood at 2.986.5 million people, by 12,100 people less from the year before, according to the National Statistical Service (NSS).

The drop is attributed to the prevalence of the negative migration balance of 24,600 people over the natural population growth of 12,500.

According to official data, the number of urban population in 2016 decreased by 5,300 people to 1.901.7 million. In the capital city the population decreased by 2,200 people. In rural areas, the population decreased by 6,800 people to 1.084.8 million people.

On January 1, 2016 Armenia’s population was less than 3 million for the first time since the 1970's. In 2016 the number of births in the country decreased by 2.3% to 40, 638. The number of deaths increased by 0.9% to 28, 129.-0-
        Armenia’s permanent population as of January 1, 2017 stood at 2.986.5 million people, by 12,100 people less from the year before, according to the National Statistical Service (NSS).

Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

• Re: Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Armenia's official population has shrunk by 12,000 people last year and now we are officially less than 3 Million. Do you guys know if this figure includes Artsakh's population or not ?

I am also very worried about this trend which does not seem to stop. We are seeing a slow death of our country.

Comment

Originally posted by Monte View Post
            Armenia's official population has shrunk by 12,000 people last year and now we are officially less than 3 Million. Do you guys know if this figure includes Artsakh's population or not ?

I am also very worried about this trend which does not seem to stop. We are seeing a slow death of our country.
            A lot of the Armenians from Armenia that come to the US, I ask them, why leave Armenia? Their answer a lot of times reminds me of the same logic Midwestern Americans have when they move to Los Angeles. Simply put, most people do not see their futures in Armenia. The concept of success means moving out of Armenia. If one is able to leave Armenia, they are successful.

Comment

No Artsakh is its own entity and is not counted, hell they even have a huge chunk of our military that's not counted as well.
              And no our population is at 3 million and growing here is a link to the current population of Armenia.

The current population of Armenia is 3,006,347 as of Friday, March 29, 2024. Population clock live, current, historical and projected population. Births, deaths and migration of population.

Compared to Georgia, Armenia is in a much better position than Georgia in population growth.
              The current population of Georgia is 3,791,423 as of Friday, March 29, 2024. Population clock live, current, historical and projected population. Births, deaths and migration of population.

Comment

Originally posted by DieHard69 View Post
                Interesting numbers, shall we put this as our international NKR army Wikipedia? it can give us a better understanding.
                If somebody wants to do that, I'd think its a good idea. Just remember to add the sources.

The soldiers in tavush look much more Armed, I hope our military modernization goes farther. It has impressed me so far.
                Its weird, I had no idea that the vests had winter variants as well. Well, it seems to be very effective in the mountains. The winter suit has been around since WW2, worn heavily by the Soviet Army and Wehrmacht.

Speaking of mountains, the fact that Armenia has no dedicated mountain infantry divisions has always concerned me. I know AAF has mountain infantry divisions which consists of basic infantry, but no group of dedicated mountain climbing experts. This is vital to offensive and counter-offensive operations, mainly in the Caucasus. This has been taught to us by history. During the Battle of the Caucasus (WW2), the Wehrmacht's Army Group A started a campaign to seize the Caucasus region of the Soviet Union while Army Group B covered their advance by anchoring on the Volga (at Stalingrad) and repelling any potential enemy counter attacks from the Voronezh direction. Army Group A's main objective was the Baku Oil fields, which were vital.

Army Group A's penetration of the Caucasus mountain range was successful, and they even advanced into Georgian villages before being repelled. This was only possible thanks to highly experienced mountain infantry divisions who trained extensively in the Austrian Alps and Bavarian mountains. The Soviets did not know what hit them.

Having a dedicated division of mountain warfare infantry/special forces would greatly benefit Armenia's military and honestly is the only logical special forces group for the armed forces, other than direct action of course. In the case of total war, Talish will become an active front. The Azeris have positions on mountains parallel to AAF positions, on mountain tops with nearly the same elevation. Fielding basic infantry to dislodge them in the case of an offensive into the Northern Artsakh mountains would end in a bloodbath. Mountain infantry divisions are key to seizing the mountain ranges north of Artsakh. Taking those positions would also help Northern Armenia's defensive situation as well as shorten the frontline. Shortening the frontline would lessen the need for troops on that front and would make it harder to seize due to heavier troop concentration. Soviet-style diversion special forces units are a waste of time and seasoned soldiers. AAF should be readying for pre-emptive and counter-offensive operations, not border skirmishes.

Comment

Originally posted by DieHard69 View Post
                  No Artsakh is its own entity and is not counted, hell they even have a huge chunk of our military that's not counted as well.
                  And no our population is at 3 million and growing here is a link to the current population of Armenia.

The current population of Armenia is 3,006,347 as of Friday, March 29, 2024. Population clock live, current, historical and projected population. Births, deaths and migration of population.

Compared to Georgia, Armenia is in a much better position than Georgia in population growth.
                  http://countrymeters.info/en/Georgia
                  Let us not forget the Javakhe region there are over 100.000 Armenians not to mention Abkhazian Armenians.
                  Georgians are lucky if they have around 2.5 million ethnic Georgians with hardly any major diaspora to support them.

Comment

I'm surprised that it has decreased by 12,000 only.
                    The population of Armenia will keep decreasing as the people are hyper-negative towards everything concerning the country.
                    They nag non-stop and always blame the government.
                    If the government is changed it will take them a couple of weeks to start blaming that new gov't.
                    I've come to the conclusion that it's genetic or something.
                    People cherish negativity and gossip about it all the time.
                    Very often they complain about really silly stuff like "why has the u-turn spot moved 20 meters, this government is really bad"..it happened in front of me.
                    Very few pick up their phone to search for facts on google (which wouldn't take a minute)
                    They keep repeating rumors like parrots.
                    A big portion think they'll become instantly rich in other countries, many of those have not traveled in their life, they get sold out by photos on instagram.
                    They don't care where that country is or if it's safe or not.
                    Whenever I'm out with a girl I get questions about Lebanon (although I left that place for good), some also hastily ask how much money I make.
                    When I tell them I'm here for good they don't like it. (Which discouraged me from dating locals)
                    A Syrian-Armenian guy from Homs (almost half of Homs is controlled by ISIS) whom I know personally got married to a local girl. After they got married the girl forced him to move back to Homs, because she doesn't like it here. True story.
                    I've met a handful of Armenians from Armenia in Lebanon, while some of them are successful, many live in the same condition as they do in Armenia, often worse, but don't nag about it. (!)
                    I've been living in Armenia for over 2 years.
                    Last edited by armnuke; 02-05-2017, 03:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by armnuke View Post
                      I'm surprised that it has decreased by 12,000 only.
                      The population of Armenia will keep decreasing as the people are hyper-negative towards everything concerning the country.
                      They nag non-stop and always blame the government.
                      If the government is changed it will take them a couple of weeks to start blaming that new gov't.
                      I've come to the conclusion that it's genetic or something.
                      People cherish negativity and gossip about it all the time.
                      Very often they complain about really silly stuff like "why has the u-turn spot moved 20 meters, this government is really bad"..it happened in front of me.
                      Very few pick up their phone to search for facts on google (which wouldn't take a minute)
                      They keep repeating rumors like parrots.
                      A big portion think they'll become instantly rich in other countries, many of those have not traveled in their life, they get sold out by photos on instagram.
                      They don't care where that country is or if it's safe or not.
                      Whenever I'm out with a girl I get questions about Lebanon (although I left that place for good), some also hastily ask how much money I make.
                      When I tell them I'm here for good they don't like it. (Which discouraged me from dating locals)
                      A Syrian-Armenian guy from Homs (almost half of Homs is controlled by ISIS) whom I know personally got married to a local girl. After they got married the girl forced him to move back to Homs, because she doesn't like it here. True story.
                      I've met a handful of Armenians from Armenia in Lebanon, while some of them are successful, many live in the same condition as they do in Armenia, often worse, but don't nag about it. (!)
                      I've been living in Armenia for over 2 years.
                      lol so much truth, thinking Armenia is the worst place on earth has become the national pastime
                      Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

Anyway, Armenia's real problem isn't emigration as much as the fertility rate, though both can be improved with economic improvement. The fertility rate was steadily rising until 2014 when it hit 1.7 but it's dropped to 1.6 the last two years thanks to the Russian recession. The low fertility rate hadn't hit us as much so far because the generation that was having kids was the very large 1980's generation. However the 90's generation is much smaller, and we can't afford the same situation.

Comment

Working...
                      X