Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Onnik Krikorian, ''fake'' anti-Armenian journalist.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Onnik Krikorian, ''fake'' anti-Armenian journalist.

Sim, The fact is that your Russophobia has been exposed, and that prevailing bias will be taken into account every time your posts are read.

You just showed your character. it was expected, as I said, and that is all I needed from you. I am not certain why you have been given license to behave as you do, but it is evident that you have a vulgar personality with no restraint or decency.

Comment

Originally posted by bell-the-cat View Post
      Now, since you gave, maybe inadvertently, sustenace to Hagopn, please also answer my question "Who would you prefer having power over you, a room-full of Hagopns or a room-full of Onnik Krikorians?" And maybe also "what type of person do you think most lusts to have that power over you - those like Hagopn or those like Onnik Krikorian?" I know what your answers would be - but the Hagopns need to hear them.
      This is truly a sign of a domineering and despotic personality. He simply cannot stand the fact that his dictum of isolation of "hagopn" is not yielding the autocratic results he expects. This is absolutely a gem of a thread.

Onnik's career was in fact launched by my contact at MEI, but, Simmy is even upset about that and cannot swallow that. Fascinating level of narcissism.

Comment

Yeh Bell does get away with more then most it seems. I do value some of his input in this forum but he is a hostile person for reasons unknown to me.
        Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

hye=forum banned him for his erratic behavior. He does seem to have general knowledge of Armenian subjects, and perhaps his Virtual Ani efforts are what give him leverage as such among forum masters. Whatever his reasons, all I needed was to mention certain key terms and entities, and he went berserk. That's just too easy. Nevertheless, Russophobia is there, and there is an obvious and subdued, but thick enough, layer of anglo-supremacism. I'll remove turcophilia, since he doesn't seem to have love for turco-fascism in any form, but merely seems to be an apologist by default for his government's decisions, even other western european governments as demonstrated in his apologetic comments on the French . The reason I focus on these specific prejudices is due to the impact it has on Armenian discussions and how they actually tend to interfere in Armenian to Armenian dialog. Armenians need to have Armenian interests in mind when discussing these topics, and monkey wrench throwing into Armenian discussions because we step on Anglo-American toes and so on is simply not something I can tolerate.
          Last edited by hagopn; 09-25-2013, 01:57 PM.

Comment

Don't you just love Armenians and their (to quote from a post that just got deleted - someone is cleaning up the worst of the vileness) "3,000 year old civilization"! LOL (to quote from that same post).

After being surrounded by a swarm of Kurds while visiting a former-Armenian village in eastern Turkey, an American-Armenian once commented to me, not entirely ironically, that "the Turks must now be thinking they got rid of the wrong lot". To avoid today's Turks thinking such things, they all should be invited here. I'd also love to see some of those "armenophiles" like Baroness Cox, the ones that think Armenians are harmless and defenseless quaint and cuddly fluffy creatures, to be exposed to some real online ones. They'd soon be requesting their cheques come from TAT rather than ANCA! Turks are really stupid when it comes to recognising the propaganda value they could gain by exposing people to what Armenians are really likeandwhat a great many of them really think. But Turks too, thanks to the long absence of real Armenians amongst them, have also arrived at that "quaint and exotic creatures" opinion about them. And for Azeris to exploit the propaganda value would be the pot calling the kettle black.
            Last edited by bell-the-cat; 09-25-2013, 02:40 PM.
            Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

I think Mher deleted his own post, someone who probably doesn't see the point in feeding the Toxic Cat.

Truly a fascinating tirade against Armenians who identify his prejudices. This thread has been a treasure indeed.

LOL. "cuddly fluffy" seem to be the criteria for Sim to tolerate anyone. It must be a disappointment to see Armenians who have teeth--
              Last edited by hagopn; 09-25-2013, 02:52 PM.

Comment

If they had any sense the extremists attacking Krikorian here should actually be protecting the Onnik Krikorians of Armenia. Such people (Krikorian) act as camoflage, hiding from the wider world the reality of what the majority of Armenians think (or at least what the majority who loudly express their opinions think). It would be a public-relations disaster, a diplomatic disaster, and a longer term security disaster for Armenia if the truth were known. An example of this is the revealing of aspects of Armenian society exposed by the opposition to that recent "Law on Equal Rights and Equal Opportunities for Men and Women" and how international bodies responded to that revealing.
                "Taking no action in investigating the threats against gender equality
                activists, and specifically the Women's Resource Center Armenia,
                not to mention endorsement by members of the National Assembly
                of such attacks, sends a message that the government is complicit
                in supporting gender-based violence, gender inequality and gender
                discrimination in Armenia," commented Chloe Schwenke, vice president
                for global programs at Freedom House.
                "What right has a state that considers gender-based violence, gender inequality and gender discrimination part of its national identity to sit on the world stage beside civilised nations?" an intelligent Azeri propagandist could state (if that pot calling kettle black situation did not exist).
                Last edited by bell-the-cat; 09-25-2013, 03:04 PM.
                Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

If they had any sense the extremists attacking Krikorian here should actually be protecting the Onnik Krikorians of Armenia. Such people act as camoflage, hiding from the wider world the reality of what the majority of Armenians think (or at least what the majority who express opinions think). It would be a public-relations disaster, a diplomatic disaster, and a security disaster for Armenia if the truth were known. A small indication of this is the revealing insight into Armenian society exposed by the opposition to that "Law on Equal Rights and Equal Opportunities for Men and Women"and how international bodies responded to the methods of that opposition.
                  Yet more guilt by association nonsense from an exposed Russophobe. Gender rights have not been discussed, nor is Onnik's stance on such matters put into question.

For the record, not that I care what Sim's opinion is on the matter, I agree with Onnik's position on "youth programs" and lack thereof, and I have not discussed genders rights issues with him.

Pulling straws, Sim?

Comment

Don't you just love Armenians and their (to quote from a post that just got deleted - someone is cleaning up the worst of the vileness) "3,000 year old civilization"! LOL (to quote from that same post).

After being surrounded by a swarm of Kurds while visiting a former-Armenian village in eastern Turkey, an American-Armenian once commented to me, not entirely ironically, that "the Turks must now be thinking they got rid of the wrong lot". To avoid today's Turks thinking such things, they all should be invited here. I'd also love to see some of those "armenophiles" like Baroness Cox, the ones that think Armenians are harmless and defenseless quaint and cuddly fluffy creatures, to be exposed to some real online ones. They'd soon be requesting their cheques come from TAT rather than ANCA! Turks are really stupid when it comes to recognising the propaganda value they could gain by exposing people to what Armenians are really likeandwhat a great many of them really think. But Turks too, thanks to the long absence of real Armenians amongst them, have also arrived at that "quaint and exotic creatures" opinion about them. And for Azeris to exploit the propaganda value would be the pot calling the kettle black.
                    Wow Bell i wonder how much research you had to do in order to discover that Armenians are mere people and not unicorns.. i doubt smart people of any nation have such illusions about us Armenians.
                    Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
                      Wow Bell i wonder how much research you had to do in order to discover that Armenians are mere people and not unicorns.. i doubt smart people of any nation have such illusions about us Armenians.
                      Bump -- Seriously.

Comment

Working...
                      X