Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Vahe Avetian: I Am Honored By "Abi" Title Daily By Turkish Kids Of Neighborhood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vahe Avetian: I Am Honored By "Abi" Title Daily By Turkish Kids Of Neighborhood

---------------------------------------------------------------
    Please Allow Me to Introduce Vahe Avetian (writer, publicist, politician) in this exclusive interview.

I hope you find the interview as captivating and fascinating as I do

Lara Kaplan
    Editor
    ---------------------------------------------------------------

Vahe, Please tell us about your family and yourself ?

I was born as an Armenian in Yerevan and was thoroughly brainwashed as such by parents, elders, relatives, all kind of local authorities, teachers, statesmen and clergy. I was born again, as a Swede this time, in Stockholm, and was thoroughly brainwashed by the respective authorities and people of my second tribe, Swedes. I died as both in Washington D.C., USA, and since then I am trying to preserve myself as a human being instead, as much as I can. .

How did you decide to move to Sweden and how it has affected your writing and political views/experiences ?

I didn't decide. It was the Soviet intelligence that took the power back in 1992 in Armenia that decided. Sweden was just the country that issued me a visa and a political asylum later. I would call it a coincidence if I would believe in such a concept. I don't. I just have no logical explanation for being in Sweden. It just happened so. "Non logical" explanations that I have are not presentable to a wide public. Being in Sweden changed me a lot of course, especially when I became a Swede. Being full-time Armenian and a Swede at the same time was an extraordinary practice where each of these identities ..

What happened in Glendale when you decided to go to USA and why?

I attended a literary evening organized in honor of the Armenian writer Vahe Oshagan; let him rest in peace, where the ARF establishment gathered from all over the world. I couldn't find a better place among Armenians to declare that there are writers in the motherland who were politically prosecuted and exiled, and that it is the duty of every public organization and gathering to condemn human rights violations. They violently attacked me from all sides and arrested me in the library, where the event was taking place, by American policemen with Armenian surnames (both ARF supporters as I found out later); two other Armenians (also ARF members) brought battery charges against me. This happened with the full cooperation of the attendants, who shut down their ears while their women at the helm of their voice released an endless lu-lu-lu-lu, ....

Why all political and public organizations, figures, journalists, human rights defenders in Armenia and Diaspora keep silence about exiled writers?

Good question.
    One need to know the modern post Soviet history of Caucasus and other post Soviet republics as well, to be able to understand why those above-mentioned in Armenia keep silence. The history of the republics, which were not welcome to join the European family, went different from East Germany’s or Baltic republics’ or the countries which collectively are called often “former Warsaw Pact members” or “east – European neighborhood.”

The other 12 former soviet republics were left under the patronage of the newly established Russian Federation which never denounced or reorganized the former security structures of USSR: KGB, GRU, and so....

What can you tell us about the ARF? and How did you get to be a representative of them in Scandinavia?

ARF is a coalition of small and relatively wealthy dealer-wheeler bunch of uneducated and brainwashed dupes as majority and some very sophisticated, well educated agents of KGB.

I was young then and was out there to save the world, which was the motherland and nothing else. Marukhian, the leader of the party then and exiled from Armenia that time, visited Sweden, where we....

What is the agenda of ARF, whether they have any contribution or hinder any positive steps etc. ?

No agenda except growing bellies, buts and thick heads. Shish kebab, Ishli kufta and ghavurma are the agenda of a dashnak....

What are your experiences with Turks in general ?

The first Turk I met in my life was Tahibeh, a wonderful woman, mother of several kids, my neighbor. She knocked on my door the same day I moved to my apartment in Stockholm and offered some new home baked bread. I was very much surprised and told her that I don't need bread. She insisted. I accepted it. The bread was delicious. Her explanation of the move was that it is in her tradition to share bread with neighbors and I enjoyed that tradition of hers for many years until she passed away. May she be blessed and rest in peace. She was my introduction to my personal experiences with Turks. Later I had a couple of dozen pupils with Turkish origin in my studios and got to know their parents. I am honored by the title "abi" daily by the Turkish kids and youngsters of the neighborhood, and believe me, it is not a word with which they honor many. I can definitely tell today that my personal experience with Turks is very different from the "official line" and the brainwashing about Turks by the Armenian state, academicians, Diaspora, parents, grandparents, all kinds of authorities and priesthood....

Do you see any marked differences between present-day Armenians and Turks? If so, how ?

None: Turks probably are more open-minded now, I guess. Turkey is a democracy, weak yet, but a democracy. And not less important: Turkey is an independent state. Armenia is far away from two mentioned concepts yet....

Armenian Genocide Resource Center, 3600+ Articles, Free E-Books, Research Papers, Historical Newspaper Screen Shots, Videos, Eyewitness Accounts...

Re: Vahe Avetian: I Am Honored By "Abi" Title Daily By Turkish Kids Of Neighborhoo

Well hell i live in Greece but that did ton happen to me i got the impression of propaganda here,no brainwash as he say what the hell is wrong with him!Both in armenia and in diaspora people are logical in what exactly do the brainwash is about!
    If he is paid by the turks to write xxxx then hell to him...\
    Now tell me which armenian refers to him self or his country as a tribe??What are we indians!Are the cowboys after us!!!
    Last edited by UrMistake; 09-21-2010, 01:00 PM.

Comment

Re: Vahe Avetian: I Am Honored By "Abi" Title Daily By Turkish Kids Of Neighborhoo

"Abi" is NOT a term that has any sense of honor or respect attached to it: it is the equivalent of the casual and insincere "mate" said by a drunken man as he approaches you to ask you something (or rob you) or the casual and insincere "dear" said by some rushed social worker to his/her elderly client as he/she delivers the bare minimum of care as quickly as possible.
      Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

Originally posted by bell-the-cat View Post
        "Abi" is NOT a term that has any sense of honor or respect attached to it: it is the equivalent of the casual and insincere "mate" said by a drunken man as he approaches you to ask you something (or rob you) or the casual and insincere "dear" said by some rushed social worker to his/her elderly client as he/she delivers the bare minimum of care as quickly as possible.
        You either don't know what you are talking about or giving out the crooked version and partial of the expression

Abi means yaşça büyük erkek kardeş...(elderly brother) and has always respect in the meaning although the term can be used in an abusive manner which is higly unlikely in this situation

here's another explanation:
        çok özlenen, çok sevilen,keşke hep yanımda olsa diye düşünülen ,süper , aşmış, her daim kocaman sarılmak istediğim insan

Comment

Originally posted by UrMistake View Post
          Well hell i live in Greece but that did ton happen to me i got the impression of propaganda here,no brainwash as he say what the hell is wrong with him!Both in armenia and in diaspora people are logical in what exactly do the brainwash is about!
          If he is paid by the turks to write xxxx then hell to him...\
          Now tell me which armenian refers to him self or his country as a tribe??What are we indians!Are the cowboys after us!!!
          Yes he could be paid by the turks,
          I think tribe is the right term to be used as he wants to criticize the political mentality although I choose not to use it if it was me

Comment

the casual and insincere "dear" said by some rushed social worker to his/her elderly client as he/she delivers the bare minimum of care as quickly as possible.
            Is this where you hear this word then Bell, when your social worker comes in to turn you in your bed?

Comment

Originally posted by UrMistake View Post
              What are we indians!

Are the cowboys after us!!!
              I like that very much

Comment

I agree Armenians and Turks are very similar. William Saroyan believed Armenians were "Christian Turks". Any Turk that offers his/her hand of friendship should be welcomed

Comment

Originally posted by lampron View Post
                  I agree Armenians and Turks are very similar. William Saroyan believed Armenians were "Christian Turks". Any Turk that offers his/her hand of friendship should be welcomed
                  Naive. The CUP at first offered friendship and then we know what happened. Friendship from the Turks comes with enormous and bloody strings attached. No thanks.
                  General Antranik (1865-1927): “I am not a nationalist. I recognize only one nation, the nation of the oppressed.”

Comment

I believe mouradian is another member who is actually a Turk but uses an Armenian moniker on this site. We get those from time to time. How clever.
                    General Antranik (1865-1927): “I am not a nationalist. I recognize only one nation, the nation of the oppressed.”

Comment

Working...
                    X