Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Armenian Nature

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Armenian Nature

Originally posted by KarotheGreat View Post
    I agree 100% with the protest, this is what should be done to improve the country. The young people need to challenge the authorities and keep improving the country. Those are not the people that are complaining they are improving the country, they are real patriots and if I was living in Armenia I would be one of them. What Armanen is talking about are the people that only see the bad side of things and cannot stop complaining and only see the dark side of everything. When you hear some people describe Armenia you would think it is the worst place on the face of this planet. Look at those cops in the video and how civilised they are and after that go and look for videos about Occupy Wall street.
    Yeah I absolutely agree with that. People in Diaspora, or people who just want to leave the country shouldn't complain. But these people who are actually fighting to improve need to do exactly what they are doing.

Comment

The biggest issue I see is when Armenians politicize problems that should not be and invite foreigners to meddle. I see that as weakening Armenian statehood, and those doing it as traitors to the nation. I am not saying these particular protesters are doing that, mind you.
      For the first time in more than 600 years, Armenia is free and independent, and we are therefore obligated
      to place our national interests ahead of our personal gains or aspirations.

http://www.armenianhighland.com/main.html

Comment

Great post Karo.

Apparently, there's foreigners protesting too in this video:

Azerbaboon: 9.000 Google hits and counting!

Comment

Yerevan mayor refuses to support environmental activists

February 21, 2012 | 20:33
          YEREVAN. � Yerevan City Mayor Taron Margaryan made a statement in relation to the protests against installing boutiques in the Mashtots Park.

�Dear Yerevan residents,

The installation of temporary pavilions in the non-green area of the Mashtots Park gained a public resonance. It is better to exchange reasonable facts and achieve mutual public understanding instead of protesting.

Anyone who desires to get acquainted with the facts on installing temporary pavilions in the park will make fair conclusions. The facts are the following: the pavilions mainly in green areas on the Abovyan Street in Yerevan downtown has been dismantled by the city hall. However, the owners were provided with other areas as compensation, including the nearby non-green area of the Mashtots Park. To note, the area is for temporary use. Important and complicated property issues should not be settled based on separate people�s idea of justice.

I believe any issue regarding the capital may be settled in a civilized way for the benefit of our city, the statement reads.
          Great news. This issue is a great example of the wrong direction Armenians are heading. They think now think that "democracy'' means that you can do whatever you want, you can say whatever you want to government officials and police, and demand whatever you want. I think the Armenian police have gone too soft. If there is one thing you should NOT do against Armenians, is being soft, as they will want more and more and more, which will eventually lead to more destruction, which is inherit to our genes.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

This video is a disgrace. Armenians, also members of this forum, just like donkeys believe everything, which is being said about Armenia, only if it has a negative tone. Per definition the government is wrong.

Have you guys seen the video? In Europe, the protesters would have been arrested within a second. They disobey the police, they push the police, they shout at the police, and if that is not enough, around 8:00, they even BEAT A TRUCK, and THREATEN THE DRIVER, who is just a normal person doing is job, AND THE POLICE DOES NOT EVEN INTERVENE. This is a disgrace, an utter disgrace.

The consequences of this will be very dangerous. What do Armenians want, justice, rule of law and no corruption? Then our police forces should also act professional and the citizens should obey the laws. The person who used violence, and those disobeying or obstructing the police should have been arrested, just as in Europe.

Furthermore, after being informed by a friend, he also told me the construction was on a small non-green Area of the Mashtots park. Hell, do you guys even know what Mashtos "park" is? Is not even worth to be called a park, it's like a small area in a street, with like 10 trees, and construction all around it. It has already been great that they have moved the kiosks on the streets of Abovian, to a place, which is not even that popular, was underdeveloped, dirty and will bother nobody.

A disgrace. I am not even talking about some Americans and Europans who state that because they are an "American" and as in "America" there is rule "law" they are demonstrating, just for the cause of demonstrating. Haha, are they being serious?
          Last edited by Tigranakert; 02-21-2012, 11:27 PM.

Comment

I always disliked those environmental hippies. Yerevan Mayorship has done a fine job with its improvements of Yerevan, especially improving green areas and parks. Most of the green areas/trees were destroyed during Levon's Presidency when there was little heat. I think it's worth replanting trees and making Yerevan more green, and city officials along with other groups have been working and progressing on that. You can't have everything you want, there are trade offs, these environmentalist hippies think rather naively.
            Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
            ---
            "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

The Hippies protesting....oh God...lol

Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
              ---
              "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

The Times (London)
                March 2, 2013 Saturday
                Edition 1; National Edition

Battle to save the Euro-leopard

Simon Barnes

The great problem with European life is that there are not nearly
                enough cats. I don't mean xxxxx-cats: I mean the big fierce ones that
                can kill you. Life is a great deal richer for the presence of enormous
                menacing felids. They add a touch of Tabasco to a morning stroll.

My favourite big cat is, of course, all of them, but I can't deny a
                special fondness for leopards. It's in the movement: that vast elastic
                stride, the smoothness, as if every joint has been bathed in a gallon
                of oil. I've seen them most often at night, in the Luangwa Valley in
                Zambia, hunting them out with a spotlight. Catch them in the beam and
                they look as if they are lit from within.

Leopards are cats of subtlety. In most of their range they are not the
                alpha predators, ceding that role to lions and tigers. In many places
                their kills can be stolen by hyenas or dhole, the Asian wild dogs. So
                they tend to be nocturnal, silent, sneaky, clever: highly talented at
                not being seen. Which makes seeing one all the sweeter.

Europe used to have plenty of big cats.

Herodotus, writing around 480BC, said that they were common in Greece.
                Two hundred years later, Aristotle said that they were rare. Now the
                idea of European lions seems a joke: an aberration: against nature.
                It's nothing of the kind.

The historic range of the tiger has been reduced by 93 per cent since
                the beginning of the 20th century. But the leopard, being by nature
                the most subtle of all the big cats, hangs on in some unexpected
                places. Like Europe. They are capable of living close to human
                populations without making much impact: without being seen.

And they hang on on the very fringes of our continent. You can still
                find leopards on the Caucasus, the strip of land between the Black and
                the Caspian seas. Armenia counts as Europe: their football team is
                ranked 50th of 53 by Uefa, the European football union, so it must be
                true. And they have leopards.

The Caucasus Wildlife Refuge is a wild spot managed by an Armenian
                NGO, the Foundation for the Preservation of Wildlife and Cultural
                Assets (FPWC). It is in the middle of the wildest part of the Caucasus
                that spans six countries. And they've found leopards.

Samples of fur and droppings discovered in the refuge have been
                subjected to genetic tests by Jerusalem Zoo, and they confirmed that
                they come from the Caucasian leopard, a leopard subspecies. Our own
                Euro-leopard. This now fabulously rare animal is hanging on out there:
                but it's very much a creature on the edge.

My old friends at World Land Trust (I'm a council member) have
                recently hooked up with FPWC and established a partnership.

They are planning to fund the Armenian organisation so that they can
                buy land to extend the Wildlife Refuge, and, at the same time, fund
                rangers who will patrol the place and help to prevent illegal hunting.

In other words, this impossible thing is true, and it can stay true if
                there is the human will. We really do have big cats in Europe. As
                Europeans we all have a share in that pleasure and, of course, an
                opportunity to invest in their future.

There aren't many of them. There may be no more than 15 of them in all
                Armenia. But Mary Tibbett, of World Land Trust, says: "They're
                resilient and we believe they can be saved." Leopards, being among the
                subtler beasts of the field, have a knack of hanging on. They're there
                to save if we want them.

This fabulously '' rare animal is hanging on, but it's very much on the edge
                Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

SCIENTIST CONCERNED OVER DECLINE IN CAUCASIAN LEOPARD POPULATION IN ARMENIA

13:38 12.09.13

The population of Caucasian leopards (Panthera pardus ciscaucasica)
                  has declined in Armenia in recent years because of poaching and
                  troops stationed on the Line of Contact, Mamilkon Ghasabyan of the
                  Scientific Center of Zoology and Hydroecology, Armenian National
                  Academy of Sciences, told Tert.am.

"There was a large population of Caucasian leopards in Armenia years
                  ago, but it has seriously declined since the collapse of the Soviet
                  Union," he said.

The Foundation for the Preservation of Wildlife and Cultural Assets
                  (FPWC) installed videos cameras at the Khosrov forest reserve. On
                  August 7, a camera recorded a Caucasian leopard.

Armenian News - Tert.am
                  Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
                    SCIENTIST CONCERNED OVER DECLINE IN CAUCASIAN LEOPARD POPULATION IN ARMENIA
                    The Mos's, Tigranakert's and Armanen's of Armenia would be rushing to shoot the very last one, turn it into a floor rug, and sell it to the likes of Dodo Gago to grace one of his whore's bedrooms.
                    Last edited by bell-the-cat; 09-13-2013, 07:39 AM.
                    Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

Originally posted by bell-the-cat View Post
                      The Mos's, Tigranakert's and Armanen's of Armenia would be rushing to shoot the very last one, turn it into a floor rug, and sell it to the likes of Dodo Gago to grace one of his whore's bedrooms.
                      Kinda curious how you know this? Was this info in a glass ball or maybe on the Ipad?
                      Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Working...
                      X