Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!


2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.


- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.


8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Armenia's Economic Pulse

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: Armenia's Economic Pulse

    Armenia is not strong enough to do the things that are in her best interest thus she has to ride the coat tails of bigger powers and bow to their interests. Having said this it is i think better to bow to Russia then to any of our other neighbors. The recent coziness between the russians and the turcks is not all bad news for Armenia. Russia still wants to separate the turckish states and its tool for this is still Armenia. This hardly sounds like a fair partnership and it sure isnt but when valueing things one has to consider the opportunity costs(alternatives). Unfortunetely for Armenia the opportunity costs of severing russian influence is far worst. Armenia simply doesnt have many good choices and Russia is the best one out of them.
    Hayastan or Bust.

    Comment


    • Re: Armenia's Economic Pulse

      Originally posted by Tigranakert View Post
      Have you already found out that a lot of projects are financed by the same Russians? Russia is Armenia's number one investor and we should be happy for that. Also, without Russia Armenia would not exist, ofcourse we got to try to get as much benifit as we can from certain projects, but the things are the way they are and you can not change it.

      Just imagine that Russia would have treated us like Europe or America, we would be screwed big time. We must be lucky that Russians see Armenia as an important and strategic partner/area.
      Do you like your arguments?

      Comment


      • Re: Armenia's Economic Pulse

        I have to swear you know why u are diminishing our nation by using such words as ride the coat tails of bigger powers and bow to their interests.

        Things are complicated in armenia and we already have oligarchs in political life forms...what is achieved is all done solely by armenian government and its people..russians americans or others will never give money for free ....

        Its called lending money with interest...or try to dominate armenian markets..what have russian lost by puting funds in armenia ,do you know how many armenians are rich in russia with there businesses?

        Have faith in your selfs were do you live people ??

        So if we borrow money from Chine it would be like we are kissing Chinese ass?
        You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions.

        Comment


        • Re: Armenia's Economic Pulse

          Originally posted by gegev View Post
          Do you like your arguments?
          No, I love them.

          Comment


          • Re: Armenia's Economic Pulse

            Gagev i have yet to hear anything constructive from you yet you bash tigran for some reason. Yes his arguments do make sence and yeh i like them to. Urmistake i think you need to understand and accept reality for what it is. Yes our nation does ride on the coat tails of super powers and it has no other choice for now. Stating the truth is in no way "diminishing our nation". It is better for everyone to see the world for what it realy is then some rose colored sunglass vision of it. As for national leaders, the rose colored glasses will be fatal for their nation.
            Hayastan or Bust.

            Comment


            • Re: Armenia's Economic Pulse

              Haykakan you live in some other reality u must be in drugs... Frustrating you are man.
              Do u even take in mind what i posted?
              What are u pessimist !
              Give me facts of what have russians do and favor armenia so much or your big powers did for armenia ???
              Last edited by UrMistake; 06-05-2010, 07:16 PM.
              You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions.

              Comment


              • Re: Armenia's Economic Pulse

                Well the fact is without Russia there would be no Armenia today. I dont know what you dont understand about this simple fact. I am all for living in reality and seeing it for what it realy is. The simple black and white truth is that without Russia there would not be a Armenian repubplic today nor would there be any Armenians left in the caucuses. Russia is the only power on this earth with interest in Armenia wedging the panturckism idea from becoming a reality and it has the power to make it happen. Iran is the only other power who has a intrerest in stoping panturckism but it is not as powerful as russia. Armenia left on its own cannot defend against 90 million turcks. These are the facts and if i am missing anything then please feel free to inlighten me.
                Hayastan or Bust.

                Comment


                • Re: Armenia's Economic Pulse

                  Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
                  Gagev i have yet to hear anything constructive from you yet you bash tigran for some reason. Yes his arguments do make sence and yeh i like them to. Urmistake i think you need to understand and accept reality for what it is. Yes our nation does ride on the coat tails of super powers and it has no other choice for now. Stating the truth is in no way "diminishing our nation". It is better for everyone to see the world for what it realy is then some rose colored sunglass vision of it. As for national leaders, the rose colored glasses will be fatal for their nation.
                  OK Армянский let's see.

                  Turkey is a second grade (third world) country by it’s military power, economy – (astronomical budget deficit), internal stability – (having at least 20 million Kurdish population that is growing with incredible birth rate) and with the image of being barbarian nation worldwide; that slaughtered and occupied the civilized nations lands; and soon or later will face criminal investigation under current international law, given the AG bills are accepted by the world parliaments.

                  Thus nothing except its geographical location and huge territory is favorable for them currently and yet they are fighting against the superpowers for their national interests fearlessly, they managed/forced to get their ally (US) permission to cooperate with Russia (the US de facto foe) in economic and political areas – they argued fearlessly with America and convinced that having big mutual economic projects with Russians will make them (Russians) vulnerable.

                  I’m sure you will object that the projects are favorable for US and EU too; I agree, but don’t you accept that Turkey will use them later on against Russians; to confront/hinder their awkward “bear politics” when it is needed for US and EU; note please that even Ukraine (Russian ally) forced by US and EU - does it. They are fortunate enough, during the last century, to get the Christian world permission and support to exterminate Armenian/Greek/etc “gyavurs”. They are not used making concessions to "gyavurs" regardless they are poor or rich.

                  US and EU tried to convince Turkey; in the PROTOCOL game, to open the borders and ease the world pressure on Turkish ally (US) in terms of accepting AG and making the justice to prevail, to make US claims look like that; they are the major defender of the democracy and justice worldwide . At the same time US and EU told Turkey that by opening the borders and making some minor concession on Artsakh issue; they will stop the AG acceptance worldwide and enjoy the Armenian lands forever. But it failed because Turks are not used giving away things; regardless they are big or minor.

                  As opposed to …

                  Thus the week, second grade, Turks are strong in following their national interests and by playing games with Russians, letting US know that they can change their ally. Thus they enforced US take back their advice on opening borders and Artsakh, in order to prevent Turks to become Russian’s ally; as it is a very simple and strong reason for Turks to articulate and support Turkish national interests against their ally; which proved to be very useful tool for centuries.

                  Thus Turkey can confront superpower – US, Georgia – Russia (loosing only the territories that are not populated with Georgians. And becoming US ally they are allowed to promote their national interests at least in terms of economy) and defend their interests.

                  But we are “too week”; unlike the two above to reject Russian command on buying their expensive gas instead of the cheap Iranian one.


                  This is a lamb ideology, isn’t it?

                  What if Armenia would make the fact known, loudly, worldwide? What will be the world reaction and the Russians answer?

                  I assume that Russia’s answer will be: “We didn’t know about it, the issue will be settled in no time, sorry, we are a faithful ally of Armenia”.
                  Last edited by gegev; 06-06-2010, 06:05 AM.

                  Comment


                  • Re: Armenia's Economic Pulse

                    Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
                    Well the fact is without Russia there would be no Armenia today. I dont know what you dont understand about this simple fact. I am all for living in reality and seeing it for what it realy is. The simple black and white truth is that without Russia there would not be a Armenian repubplic today nor would there be any Armenians left in the caucuses. Russia is the only power on this earth with interest in Armenia wedging the panturckism idea from becoming a reality and it has the power to make it happen. Iran is the only other power who has a intrerest in stoping panturckism but it is not as powerful as russia. Armenia left on its own cannot defend against 90 million turcks. These are the facts and if i am missing anything then please feel free to inlighten me.
                    That is bullsh!t and you know it. Please, if you want to believe that Armenians are helpless sheep that wouldn't be here without Russia, then you truly need to read your history, so you don't make ridiculous statements as the above. When Ataturk's newly established Turkey decided to attack the Armenia and possibly finish what the Ottoman's started, there was no Russia to come and stop them. We stopped their advances. F&ck Russia, F&ck USA, and F&ck anyone else who thinks Armenia should kiss ass to any country. We, Armenians, are the reason Armenia exists. Don't be playing down our struggles for independence by giving credit to Russians. F^ck the Russians. The fact of the matter is that there are simply enough Armenians in Russia, USA, Argentina, etc with enough power to influence the countries' foreign policies. Don't for a second be fooled into thinking that Russians actually give a hoot about Armenia.

                    Comment


                    • Re: Armenia's Economic Pulse

                      Originally posted by gegev View Post
                      OK Армянский let's see.

                      Turkey is a second grade (third world) country by it’s military power, economy – (astronomical budget deficit), internal stability – (having at least 20 million Kurdish population that is growing with incredible birth rate) and with the image of being barbarian nation worldwide; that slaughtered and occupied the civilized nations lands; and soon or later will face criminal investigation under current international law, given the AG bills are accepted by the world parliaments.

                      Thus nothing except its geographical location and huge territory is favorable for them currently and yet they are fighting against the superpowers for their national interests fearlessly, they managed/forced to get their ally (US) permission to cooperate with Russia (the US de facto foe) in economic and political areas – they argued fearlessly with America and convinced that having big mutual economic projects with Russians will make them (Russians) vulnerable.

                      I’m sure you will object that the projects are favorable for US and EU too; I agree, but don’t you accept that Turkey will use them later on against Russians; to confront/hinder their awkward “bear politics” when it is needed for US and EU; note please that even Ukraine (Russian ally) forced by US and EU - does it. They are fortunate enough, during the last century, to get the Christian world permission and support to exterminate Armenian/Greek/etc “gyavurs”. They are not used making concessions to "gyavurs" regardless they are poor or rich.

                      US and EU tried to convince Turkey; in the PROTOCOL game, to open the borders and ease the world pressure on Turkish ally (US) in terms of accepting AG and making the justice to prevail, to make US claims look like that; they are the major defender of the democracy and justice worldwide . At the same time US and EU told Turkey that by opening the borders and making some minor concession on Artsakh issue; they will stop the AG acceptance worldwide and enjoy the Armenian lands forever. But it failed because Turks are not used giving away things; regardless they are big or minor.

                      As opposed to …

                      Thus the week, second grade, Turks are strong in following their national interests and by playing games with Russians, letting US know that they can change their ally. Thus they enforced US take back their advice on opening borders and Artsakh, in order to prevent Turks to become Russian’s ally; as it is a very simple and strong reason for Turks to articulate and support Turkish national interests against their ally; which proved to be very useful tool for centuries.

                      Thus Turkey can confront superpower – US, Georgia – Russia (loosing only the territories that are not populated with Georgians. And becoming US ally they are allowed to promote their national interests at least in terms of economy) and defend their interests.

                      But we are “too week”; unlike the two above to reject Russian command on buying their expensive gas instead of the cheap Iranian one.


                      This is a lamb ideology, isn’t it?

                      What if Armenia would make the fact known, loudly, worldwide? What will be the world reaction and the Russians answer?

                      I assume that Russia’s answer will be: “We didn’t know about it, the issue will be settled in no time, sorry, we are a faithful ally of Armenia”.
                      What a total nonsense. Turkey, a country thirty times larger than Armenia, having never been under Soviet Rule, supported by Israel and America for decades with billions of dollars and immense military aid, with a population of over 70 million, can not be compared to Armenia by any means. It is logical that they can have a more ‘independent’ policy.

                      You really need to read some history. In the territories which Georgia lost, hundreds of thousands of Georgians were living. Their country was totally destructed, their army (which their beloved US trained) was totally defeated and is weaker than ever, their country has fallen apart and has no bright future, and they are allowed to promote their national interest? Haha, what a laugh. What national interest? There is a dictatorship in Georgia, with the American-Saakashvili as a tiran, do you think the ‘country’ has a policy that is in the best interest of Georgia? No, wake up. It is only in the national interest of America and the West, and Saakashvili is their puppet.

                      The current regime has brought nothing good, I can fairly state that if Georgia had a policy like Armenia (pro-Europe, pro-American and Russia as strategic ally), they would not lose Abhkhazia and Ossetia as easily, they would have been richer, more prosperous (as there would be an axis from Russia-Georgia-Armenia-Iran-India-China and at the same time ‘European’ like reforms just as in Armenia) and would serve better their national interest. America has brought nothing but destruction in Georgia, and when their support was really needed, America let them down. Again, there is no independent or national policy in Georgia, just a stupid policy (by the way, I know a lot of Georgians who do not like him either). Georgia did not oppose a superpower, they switched from superpowers.

                      Why do people want to ‘oppose’ something, or a superpower? It will bring nothing more than destruction and chaos into our small country. Just accept the fact that most in the current situation of Armenia, a poor country with a population of over barely three million, whom borders are closed and has no connection to sea, which is threatened with extinction, it is very dangerous to ‘oppose’ the billions of investments of Russia into the Armenian economy, to oppose the billions of dollars of military aid from Russia to Armenia (we till this day get a cheap price for military products), to oppose one of the LOWEST gas prices of all countries which receive Russian gas, to oppose the country which recognizes the Armenian genocide, to oppose the country where millions of Armenians are super wealthy and send billions of dollars to Armenia, to oppose a country which will be the key against future Western imperialism and Islamic fundamentalism, to oppose the closest neighbour…. and I can go on for ages.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X