Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Reza Shah was in love with an Armenian woman.
    B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Originally posted by bell-the-cat View Post
      Thanks for the map details.

However, I am still dubious about your claim that the strip was bought from Iran in the 1930s.
      It is not a claim, but a historic fact. Hellektor posted a good info on the actual details of the meeting between Mustapha Kemal and Reza Shah in Turkey and how the deal was sealed.

If you have access to a detailed (1:100,000 or better) map of the border during Tsarist times, that might settle the matter. The Turkish-Iranian border on 1930s maps runs along the Karasu river, a tributary of the Arax river - with the narrow strip between that river and the Arax constituting the "tongue zone". But on the pre-WW1 map I cited, the Russian-Persian border line running from Little Ararat stops at the Karasu, suggesting that the Karasu was also the border during Tsarist times. The Arax is a swampy marsh all along that zone, so the Karasu might have been a more easily defined border. On your Soviet Encyclopedia map the border is not shown touching the Arax river.
      Below is a map from 1882 once again pretty clearly pointing out the border between the Russian Empire, the Ottoman Empire and Persia. once again clearly there is no "wedge" and the Persian border joins the Erevan province (what is today the Ararat province of RA) well above the Nakhichevan.

Last edited by Catharsis; 10-20-2009, 08:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bell-the-cat View Post
        They didn't pay anything for it (it being the eastern side of little Ararat). Iran got some border territory from Turkey in return.
        Whether a purchase or a trade in this case is today secondary, the fact that a land-link was created by Turkey with Nakhichevan is quite telling about the intent of building upon a link with the Turkic world via Azerbaijan.

Comment

Originally posted by Catharsis View Post
          It is not a claim, but a historic fact. Hellektor posted a good info on the actual details of the meeting between Mustapha Kemal and Reza Shah in Turkey and how the deal was sealed.

Below is a map from 1882 once again pretty clearly pointing out the border between the Russian Empire, the Ottoman Empire and Persia. once again clearly there is no "wedge" and the Persian border joins the Erevan province (what is today the Ararat province of RA) well above the Nakhichevan.
          Ahhh ... it's one of those "historic facts", which for that part of the world usually means anything but an historic fact!

Your small-scale map proves nothing because it shows nothing. You need 1:100,000 or better. That is the minimum scale that is needed.

Here is a poor-quality image of an Ottoman map of Russian territories north of Ararat. Though it is too small to be 100% certain, it seems to show that the border DID NOT run along the Arax. The northernmost part of the white area is the point where the Russian-Persian border meets the Karasu - it looks like it then runs southeast, along the Karasu and NOT along the Arax, so the border between Russia and Persia at that location is the same as the modern border between Turkey and Iran.
          Attached Files
          Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

Whether a purchase or a trade in this case is today secondary, the fact that a land-link was created by Turkey with Nakhichevan is quite telling about the intent of building upon a link with the Turkic world via Azerbaijan.
            You have proven no such thing. I was referring to the transfer of the eastern flanks of little Ararat to Turkey, which was done at Turkey's behest to make the border easier for them to control (to stop Kurdish guerillas moving freely between Turkey and Iran).
            Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

Speaking of the Turkish Iranian border...
              kurtçul kangal

Comment

Originally posted by Armanen View Post
                Hellektor, what do Iranians think of azeri's from fake azerbaijan?
                The question of pan-Turkism and the appetite of fake “Azerbaijan” are still not that clear for many Iranians. I have included many points about real Azarbaijan and fake “Azerbaijan” in my thingy. The Rozaneh magazine article by Kaveh Farrokh is pretty well known and I have seen links posted to it on several boards. If you still haven't read it, do check it out. However, to summarize the subject:

Fake “Azerbaijan” incessantly conducts pan-Turkist activities in real Azarbaijan. There are underground movements that poison the minds of Azarbaijani Iranians, one such movement being SANAM. You can Google these groups, otherwise this post will be too long. One particular activity was the celebration for Babak Khorramdin, the Iranian hero from the 9th century AD (two centuries before Turks set hoof this side of the Caspian), who fought against Arabs to restore the Zoroastrian religion instead of Islam. He is claimed by the Tatars only because he was from real Azarbaijan. It's doubtful he ever saw a Turk in his life.

Every year they used to gather in a place in real Azarbaijan to celebrate this thing and they brought gray wolf insignia, “Azeri” flags, etc. This year, I have heard that the Iranian Azarbaijanis brought patriotic Iranian insignia: the Kaveh flags (derafsh Kaviani), wore patriotic t-shirts, etc. I heard this on a patriotic satellite TV channel, which broadcasts only audio (radio channel) in Iran. As this guy, himself an Azarbaijani Iranian called Paymaii, described the video which of course I couldn’t see, sounded really happy and satisfied because of the recent developments. I believe this video can be found on the internet. My dial-up connection and the heavy filtering, including Youtube, in Iran will not allow me to see this. Anyway, seems the Iranians are waking up and smelling the pan-Turkist shit which concerns them equally (if not even more than us) given the dark schemes of the Turk regarding the decimation of Iran to realize their sick delusion. Let’s hope all these projects fail.

The Iranian government might be a fascist, murderous, totalitarian, military dictatorship, but luckily they do not tolerate the slightest manifestations of separatism and brutally crush them when recognized.

The Turkish speaking Iranians lost their language as a result of centuries-long Turk domination yet their affinity is still to Iran and despite the fact that there are a few Azarbaijanis who have fallen into the pan-Turkist trap, the majority still feels, thinks, lives and breathes as Iranians.

As I have seen on several Iranian forums, other Iranians also dislike these pan-Turkic sentiments and reject the scumbags who post such separatist and anti-Iranian hate propaganda on Iranian boards. What I particularly would like to see happen would be, in collaboration with Iranian Armenians, the RoA statesmen would commission experts to prepare brochures, articles, booklet regarding histioric facts, the false claims of “Azeris” and the anti-Iranian garbage they feed their whelps in their school text books, so that these would be better known to Iranians and would also create a stronger alliance between Iran and Armenia, but from the sub-zero reaction of the Armenian statesmen to the destruction in broad daylight of the Jugha cemetery in 2005 I doubt such a thing would ever happen.

One last point: remember that the “Azeris” are Muslims, they are Shiites; in fact fake “Azerbaijan” is the only Shiite country in the world besides Iran. Thus, the Turkish speaking Iranians and the “Azeris” have these things plus the centuries-long Iranian rule in the region in common. That many have relatives in either side of the border is a natural thing, given the history. You know better that the “Azeris” are racially closer to Armenians than to any other people, they are recognized as Armenoids. As in Turkey, the main genetic makeup is that of the locals who were brutally turkified during the Turkic yoke. Because of the obvious linguistic and religious differences, we are less likely to find common ground with the genocidal savages, considering their hysteric, relentless and persistent anti-Armenian hateful and destructive actions.

Comment

Thank you for the informative post Hellektor! I will be reading the links you provided.
                  For the first time in more than 600 years, Armenia is free and independent, and we are therefore obligated
                  to place our national interests ahead of our personal gains or aspirations.

http://www.armenianhighland.com/main.html

Comment

So will I... Hello and thanks Hellektor. You have a good deal of research and work!

Comment

Nothing Hellektor posts is worth considering - it is always 100% garbage.

I was going to add that onto my earlier posting, decided not to, but in the light of the above two comments, I should have.
                      Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

Working...
                      X