Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

I usully think the same about your posts bell.
    For the first time in more than 600 years, Armenia is free and independent, and we are therefore obligated
    to place our national interests ahead of our personal gains or aspirations.

http://www.armenianhighland.com/main.html

Comment

Originally posted by Armanen View Post
      I usully think the same about your posts bell.
      Yes I as well bell.

Comment

Originally posted by bell-the-cat View Post
        Ahhh ... it's one of those "historic facts", which for that part of the world usually means anything but an historic fact!
        And what is this suppose to mean? Are you here denying that in 1934 a land transfer creating a direct link with Nakhichevan took place? If so, than indeed you can put that statement into quotation marks.

Your small-scale map proves nothing because it shows nothing. You need 1:100,000 or better. That is the minimum scale that is needed.
        I am sorry but if you cannot clearly see the marked border then perhaps you need some kind of glasses. Do you want me to outline the border in bright red for you? I can also post a comparative map of today's Armenian Republic so you can see how clearly the border joint is well above the present boundaries of Nakhichevan Autonomous Republic.

Here is a poor-quality image of an Ottoman map of Russian territories north of Ararat. Though it is too small to be 100% certain, it seems to show that the border DID NOT run along the Arax. The northernmost part of the white area is the point where the Russian-Persian border meets the Karasu - it looks like it then runs southeast, along the Karasu and NOT along the Arax, so the border between Russia and Persia at that location is the same as the modern border between Turkey and Iran.
        Now this is indeed very poor quality map that you cannot differentiate any border demarcations and is nothing compared to the resolution and clear border markings of the map that I posted. Heck you cannot even read geographic destinations much the less see the borders.
        Last edited by Catharsis; 10-22-2009, 09:31 AM.

Comment

Maps are not facts. You need to use libraries

Comment

Russian 102nd base in Armenia, Gjumri
            2K12M3 "KUB-M3" (SA-6 "Gainful"):

Comment

Russian 102nd base in Armenia, Gjumri
              9K81/S-300V (SA-12 Gladiator/Giant)

988-ой зенитно-ракетный полк 102-ой базы ВС РФ в Армении.
              С-300В

Comment

President Serzh Sargsyan conducted a regular two-day visit to the Republic of Nagorno Karabakh

On October 21, President Serzh Sargsyan conducted a regular two-day visit to the defense line of our country and the Republic of Nagorno Karabakh.
                Accompanied by the President of NKR Bako Sahakian, RA Minister of Defense Seyran Ohanian and representatives of the highest military ranks, President Serzh Sargsyan visited the defense positions, observed first hand the combat readiness of the troops and army building activities.
                President Sargsyan also participated at the inaugural ceremony of a new apartment building for the officers of Artsakh defense army and conversed with the members of their families. Later, he made a tour of a renovated, state of the art artillery technical maintenance and servicing point.
                Later same day in Stepanakert, President Serzh Sargsyan invited a traditional meeting with the participation of the military ranks.

[/quote]

RA Minister of Defense Seyran Ohanian in a new form of CSTO

Comment

Great pictures burjuin

I hope the President realises that the battlefield is at the diplomatic front.

Thats were the the scores are being counted.
                  Politics is not about the pursuit of morality nor what's right or wrong
                  Its about self interest at personal and national level often at odds with the above.
                  Great politicians pursue the National interest and small politicians personal interests

Comment

Originally posted by londontsi View Post
                    Great pictures burjuin

I hope the President realises that the battlefield is at the diplomatic front.

Thats were the the scores are being counted.
                    I was thinking the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Anoush View Post
                      I was thinking the same thing.

All you have to do is think Nalbandian and it gives you nightmares.
                      Politics is not about the pursuit of morality nor what's right or wrong
                      Its about self interest at personal and national level often at odds with the above.
                      Great politicians pursue the National interest and small politicians personal interests

Comment

Working...
                      X