Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Originally posted by armnuke View Post
    Where is this? Charentsavan or somewhere else? And I'm surprised to see T-72B models in storage..how long have those been in storage?
    This is what I was saying before. Remember the new engines we got in the package of 200,000,000. Remember when Vova Vartanov said if we just repair the old military hardware in the storage it will make a huge boost in the Armenian military. Here we are

Comment

Նռնակի պայթյունից մահացել է ՊԲ զինծառայող
      Մարտ 12, 2016

Մարտի 11-ին` ժամը 15:45-ի սահմաններում, ՊԲ արևելյան զորամասերից մեկի պահպանության տեղամասում, դեռևս չպարզված հանգամանքներում, նռնակի պայթյունից մահացել է ՊԲ զինծառայող, 1997թ. ծնված Սարգիս Դավիթի Օհանյանը: Այս մասին տեղեկացնում է ՊԲ կայքը:

Դեպքի մանրամասները պարզելու համար կատարվում է քննություն:

Պաշտպանության բանակը կիսում է կորստյան ծանր վիշտը և իր զորակցությունը հայտնում զոհված զինծառայողի ընտանիքի անդամներին, հարազատներին և ծառայակիցներին:

Բացի այդ, մարտի 11-ին և լույս 12-ի գիշերը հայ-ադրբեջանական հակամարտ զորքերի շփման գծի արցախյան հատվածում հակառակորդը տարբեր տրամաչափի հրաձգային զինատեսակներով, 60 մմ (16 արկ) ականանետերով և ՌԳՊ-7 (5 արկ) նռնականետերով հայկական դիրքերի ուղղությամբ արձակել է ավելի քան 2300 կրակոց:

ՊԲ առաջապահ զորամասերի պատասխան գործողությունների արդյունքում՝ հակառակորդի նախահարձակ ակտիվությունը ճնշվել է:

Comment

Sargsyan watches demonstration flights at Armenia-Russia joint air force base (PHOTOS)
        13:31, 12.03.2016
        Region:Armenia, Russia
        Theme: Politics

YEREVAN. – The President of Armenia, Serzh Sargsyan, on Saturday visited the Armenian-Russian joint air force base at Erebuni Airport, in capital city Yerevan (PHOTOS).

Sargsyan was accompanied by chairman of the State Duma of the Federal Assembly of Russia and chairman of the Parliamentary Assembly of the Collective Security Treaty Organization (CSTO PA) Council, Sergei Naryshkin, representatives of parliamentary delegations that attended the CSTO PA Council session in Yerevan, CSTO Secretary General Nikolay Bordyuzha, Armenian Minister of Defense Seyran Ohanyan, and relevant officials from the Armenian and Russian Ministries of Defense.

Representatives of the joint air force showed the airbase visitors their modern armaments and military equipment, and the air force crew kits.

Subsequently, the President and the delegations accompanying him watched the demonstration flights by fighter aircrafts, and within the framework of the implementation of CSTO tasks.

Armenia News - NEWS.am
        news.am/eng/news/316405.html

Comment

Originally posted by Spetsnaz View Post
          This is what I was saying before. Remember the new engines we got in the package of 200,000,000. Remember when Vova Vartanov said if we just repair the old military hardware in the storage it will make a huge boost in the Armenian military. Here we are
          I'm trying to find additional photos of this place. Looks very interesting.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by armnuke View Post
                Where is this? Charentsavan or somewhere else? And I'm surprised to see T-72B models in storage..how long have those been in storage?
                I think we got them in 2013

Comment

Comment

[/ATTACH]
                    Originally posted by Eddo211 View Post
                    Nice collection........6 its not bad. These rifles are addictive just like AKs. You just can't have only one, you need 10 with 10000 rds ammo. People do that.

My brass will work for you.....I look around for berdan.

If I was a sniper in Karabakh I would load my own ammo made for the occasion. You do learn alot.
                    I like to get your brass. And I think we both agree that no matter what you shoot, reloading self will tighten the groups you shoot. For the simple reason that factories usually have up to 10% deviation in load to load for bullet and powder in weight and dimensions.
                    Even the best bullet manufacturers like lapua, hornady and Barnes do have waight and dimensions differences.
                    I reloaded Lapua "Senar" (expensive) for my Mosin and measured waights and grouped them within 2 grains. Took the center group that was most numerous, then resized brass to .001" consistency then reloaded with best powder (vihtavoury 165, both bullets and powder Finnish made, only 4.5 million people country manages making one of the best How is that for us?) within 1/10 of grain consistency and voila. Good old Mosin with good barrel and nicely attached midrange Leupold scope shoots equal to Remington 700 PS. 2" (5centimeter) or better in 100 meters. The Russian factory standard has been 6-8".
                    Some people even check and group bullets for ogives for equality to controll side spin and even resize tip diameter.
                    Reloading and precision shooting is an art that one can always improve. Too bad I am old, couse I still have long to go before get what satisfies me.
                    In Armenia they should create clubs and groups doing this. The knowledge gained will greatly enhance army's capabilities. Here in USA all the advances in sniper technologies have come from enthusiasts garages and clubs.

PS. Forgot to add important things. I have checked the depth of chamber in all my Mosin barrels and they vary quite bit. Some 3/32 of an inch (2.5mm). That is the Achilles hill in precision loading in Russian weapons. No close reload for one gun will match another. If you set it close on one and chamber it in another and bullet has no at least .002"-.005" jump or is pushed down by rifling it may be dangerous in pressure spike. When bullet has to travel too much free (they call this bullet jump) before it hits the rifling grooves as it comes out of shell, it looses consistency in angle of travel in barrel. Plus all the factory 7.62x54rs that I have tested have at least .005" out of bullet concentricity with brass that makes them come out spinning each too much different and travel on different trajectory.
                    I designate my loads to each rifle, where the bullet jump is minimum to .002"(but no less for safety reasons). Plus I use hornady bullet concentricity gage and my own clamping fixture and bring them to within .002-.003" concentricity (the ogive) with brass mouth.
                    Next thing I want to play with is to controll the meplat (tip diameter and shape). That will add to accuracy.
                    It's an art. I have seen some people shoot 10 rounds and make a hole only the size of a quarter (20mm) in 100 meters.
                    Can you imagine? They achieve a 1/8 degree minute of an angle in 100 meters. That is equal to only 25mm (2.5 sentimeter) accuracy in 800 meters.

Here at the end is an image of my reloading bench with two batch of bullets completed and info recorded on slips ready to go.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Hakob; 03-12-2016, 08:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hakob View Post
                      [/ATTACH]

I like to get your brass.
                      Send me a personal message with your address. I will send them to you free of charge. I have alot of ex Yugoslavian ammo for my mosin nagants and AK.

And I think we both agree that no matter what you shoot, reloading self will tighten the groups you shoot. For the simple reason that factories usually have up to 10% deviation in load to load for bullet and powder in weight and dimensions.
                      Even the best bullet manufacturers like lapua, hornady and Barnes do have waight and dimensions differences.
                      I never thought these manufacturers would get it wrong. I agree with you. Just a couple more gun powder grains will change the rifles zero. When you shoot alot you will notice this like you said

I reloaded Lapua "Senar" (expensive) for my Mosin and measured waights and grouped them within 2 grains. Took the center group that was most numerous, then resized brass to .001" consistency then reloaded with best powder (vihtavoury 165, both bullets and powder Finnish made, only 4.5 million people country manages making one of the best How is that for us?) within 1/10 of grain consistency and voila. Good old Mosin with good barrel and nicely attached midrange Leupold scope shoots equal to Remington 700 PS. 2" (5centimeter) or better in 100 meters. The Russian factory standard has been 6-8".
                      I am getting 2 MOA @100yrds with the M44 Bayonet extended.......Love to see how you attached a scope that will keep zero.
                      Love to get the Russian made sniper 91/30 no bayo with Russian scope and mount.

Some people even check and group bullets for ogives for equality to controll side spin and even resize tip diameter.
                      Reloading and precision shooting is an art that one can always improve. Too bad I am old, couse I still have long to go before get what satisfies me.
                      In Armenia they should create clubs and groups doing this. The knowledge gained will greatly enhance army's capabilities. Here in USA all the advances in sniper technologies have come from enthusiasts garages and clubs.
                      Yes, every Armenian should have a AK and know it inside out.......You can use the Mosin against Turks to honor our fedayees.

PS. Forgot to add important things. I have checked the depth of chamber in all my Mosin barrels and they vary quite bit. Some 3/32 of an inch (2.5mm). That is the Achilles hill in precision loading in Russian weapons. No close reload for one gun will match another. If you set it close on one and chamber it in another and bullet has no at least .002"-.005" jump or is pushed down by rifling it may be dangerous in pressure spike. When bullet has to travel too much free (they call this bullet jump) before it hits the rifling grooves as it comes out of shell, it looses consistency in angle of travel in barrel. Plus all the factory 7.62x54rs that I have tested have at least .005" out of bullet concentricity with brass that makes them come out spinning each too much different and travel on different trajectory.
                      I designate my loads to each rifle, where the bullet jump is minimum to .002"(but no less for safety reasons). Plus I use hornady bullet concentricity gage and my own clamping fixture and bring them to within .002-.003" concentricity (the ogive) with brass mouth.
                      Next thing I want to play with is to controll the meplat (tip diameter and shape). That will add to accuracy.
                      It's an art. I have seen some people shoot 10 rounds and make a hole only the size of a quarter (20mm) in 100 meters.
                      Can you imagine? They achieve a 1/8 degree minute of an angle in 100 meters. That is equal to only 25mm (2.5 sentimeter) accuracy in 800 meters.

Here at the end is an image of my reloading bench with two batch of bullets completed and info recorded on slips ready to go.
                      amazing man.....this is why Artsakh snipers have to know this and load their own ammo for consistency. Shooting 800 meters its no joke for one shot one kill.
                      Last edited by Eddo211; 03-12-2016, 11:43 PM.
                      B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Working...
                      X