Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Originally posted by armnuke View Post
    We need to focus on three things now on the short term.

1) Acquiring advanced ATGMs. Chinese HJ-8 Red Arrow is an excellent choice for a cheap price.
    2) Focus on getting drones, and jamming shooting theirs. This could be also done with China. Rainbow 4/5 drones are lethal armed drones.
    3) Focus on protecting our current positions with tires, sand, camo netting.
    Agree with your assessment- focus on ATGM's, UAV's, Radar, MRLS systems, and mine the living sh#t out of the border. This will take time and money but the process should begin right away. I believe based statements from the Armenian MoD recently, they are headed in this direction.
    General Antranik (1865-1927): “I am not a nationalist. I recognize only one nation, the nation of the oppressed.”

Comment

Instigate is ready to produce drones for Armenian Army

April 8, 2016 17:13

Instigate Chief Engineer Vahagn Poghosyan
      Photo: www. be-armenia.com

Azerbaijani Army lost 15 unmanned aerial vehicles (UAV) in Artsakh’s sky on April 2-8.
      Some of them were impact or suicide (kamikaze) UAVs that Azerbaijan bought from Israel.

Public began actively discussing that Armenian side also should have modern UAVs, voicing opinions that those can be produced on the place, in Armenia.

Armenian IT company, Instigate Robotics, has been working with drone development and programming for many years. The company’s co-founder and Chief Engineer Vahagn Poghosyan told Mediamax about their drones and possible cooperation with the Army.

“Drones usually carry useful cargo, mostly cameras. Military drones are used to control intelligence and artillery. Our current developments are for civilian use, but we can also produce military models after certain necessary works,” Vahagn Poghosyan told Mediamax.

According to him, they made frequent cooperation attempts with Defense Ministry since 2011, had meetings and discussions to direct Instigate’s potential on modernization of Armenian Army’s arsenal, but no particular steps followed.

”We cooperate with Singapore at present. Instigate is developing a model of unmanned aerial vehicle for that country’s Police Coast Guard, which is most likely to be used in 2017 to film ports from the sky,” said Vahagn Poghosyan.

“The advantage of our drones is that they are charged from the ground. Drones with electric motors have limited cruising time, but our developments can stay in the sky as long as needed, making necessary shots,” added he.

Vahagn Petrosyan told Mediamax that in case they get an agreement with Armenian Defense Army, they can make various developments of military drones for Armenian Armed Forces as well. He remarked that the price of drones produced in Armenia will be notably lower that what global market currently offers.

Suren Stepanyan

General Antranik (1865-1927): “I am not a nationalist. I recognize only one nation, the nation of the oppressed.”

Comment

Russia PM: Creating new mechanisms for Karabakh conflict settlement is dangerous

Karabakh conflict is a long-standing one. Mechanisms and formats for its solution are available: it’s dangerous to create anything new now. Instead, it’s necessary to return to the “bargaining table which was created during the recent 20 years,” and start consultations.

Russian PM Dmitry Medvedev said the aforementioned in Baku on Firday.

“Unfortunately, this conflict has been dragging on since 1994, and there are mechanisms, and format, as well as proposals and a group dealing with it. The most important thing now is to fully use what we have worked on in the recent years,” Medvedev said.

“Creating something new would be twice dangerous now, since we would paralyze the work thereby. I think it’s necessary to calm down and return to the bargaining table, which was created during the recent 20 years,” he added, RIA Novosti reports.

“Creating something new would be twice dangerous now, since we would paralyze the work thereby...

Comment

I wonder if the people doing these negotiations realize what a complete waste of time their work is. They want all of it, and we won't give up a grain of dirt. And when I say we, I don't mean us Diasporans sitting behind a computer. I mean people in Karabakh. If you ask them, that's their response. Until now, we had the negotiations because the alternative was war and we were trying to avoid that. Well, we just had war, and this animals proved they can't do anything. So why are we back at this act of pretending we're gonna negotiate something.

Comment

War Lick and the others are flying from one capital to the other, checking in at top hotels, and making good $$$. Wish I had that job LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Mher View Post
              I wonder if the people doing these negotiations realize what a complete waste of time their work is. They want all of it, and we won't give up a grain of dirt. And when I say we, I don't mean us Diasporans sitting behind a computer. I mean people in Karabakh. If you ask them, that's their response. Until now, we had the negotiations because the alternative was war and we were trying to avoid that. Well, we just had war, and this animals proved they can't do anything. So why are we back at this act of pretending we're gonna negotiate something.
              Endless negotiations, all talk blah blah. That's what frozen conflicts are. In the end nothing will change until the next war changes something on the ground.

Comment

We need to focus on three things now on the short term.

1) Acquiring advanced ATGMs. Chinese HJ-8 Red Arrow is an excellent choice for a cheap price.
                2) Focus on getting drones, and jamming shooting theirs. This could be also done with China. Rainbow 4/5 drones are lethal armed drones.
                3) Focus on protecting our current positions with tires, sand, camo netting.
                On your first two points, I think we should reverse engineer some of the atgm and build them in Armenia on mass. Same with ammunition for all small arms and light weapons. For drones, we have Krunk. Let's put our programmers and engineers to work and upgrade it. Let's strap those atgm missiles to Krunk and have our own version of armed drones.

Comment

Originally posted by Mher View Post
                  Seriously. The Azeris have a choice, they can either try their hardest to retake the region, which though costly to all sides (especially the Azeris and they'll ultimately fail)- a full-scale war will be brutal as we all know....OR...... continue with the status quo. The Armenian side has nothing to gain by the negotiations except to keep this thing going. It is true what the Azeri's say, yes, the Armenians negotiate only to stall and keep the status quo; why would Armenia and NKR do otherwise? There is no way in hell that the Armenian population will ever live in Azerbaijan. Those days are gone and that ship has sailed. Doing so is suicidal and the Int'l community needs to realize this - perhaps they already do because everybody was happy with the status quo (besides the Azeris) and pumping oil and selling weapons to both sides.

Comment

Azerbaijani Army lost 15 unmanned aerial vehicles (UAV) in Artsakh’s sky on April 2-8.

Some of them were impact or suicide (kamikaze) UAVs that Azerbaijan bought from Israel.

Public began actively discussing that Armenian side also should have modern UAVs, voicing opinions that those can be produced on the place, in Armenia.

Armenian IT company, Instigate Robotics, has been working with drone development and programming for many years. The company’s co-founder and Chief Engineer Vahagn Poghosyan told Mediamax about their drones and possible cooperation with the Army.

“Drones usually carry useful cargo, mostly cameras. Military drones are used to control intelligence and artillery. Our current developments are for civilian use, but we can also produce military models after certain necessary works,” Vahagn Poghosyan told Mediamax.

According to him, they made frequent cooperation attempts with Defense Ministry since 2011, had meetings and discussions to direct Instigate’s potential on modernization of Armenian Army’s arsenal, but no particular steps followed.

”We cooperate with Singapore at present. Instigate is developing a model of unmanned aerial vehicle for that country’s Police Coast Guard, which is most likely to be used in 2017 to film ports from the sky,” said Vahagn Poghosyan.

“The advantage of our drones is that they are charged from the ground. Drones with electric motors have limited cruising time, but our developments can stay in the sky as long as needed, making necessary shots,” added he.

Vahagn Petrosyan told Mediamax that in case they get an agreement with Armenian Defense Army, they can make various developments of military drones for Armenian Armed Forces as well. He remarked that the price of drones produced in Armenia will be notably lower that what global market currently offers.

Comment

http://www.mediamax.am/en/news/armypolice/17640/
                      Armenian and NKR military definitely needs to be more proactive than reactive not just in terms of offensive and defensive operations, but in procurement. Yes, Armenia and NKR have limited budgets but that's no excuse when you can procure or produce effective technology/equipment cheaply.

Comment

Working...
                      X