Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Originally posted by Lori View Post
    I agree with armnuke, we should stay on topic. Looks like my agreement with Samvel and the map I shared has struck a nerve with many people here. I'd have to say, its not really the best way to start off on this forum but whatever.

Anyways, recently a user added information to the wiki regarding the AR1A. Now, I was completely unaware of Armenia ever having this Chinese Smerch variant and I am reluctant to include it into the article as I fear it would be deleted by other editors for not being properly sourced. The source provided was in Russian, and I can't read Cyrillic (I can read Polish/Slavic Latin script) but google translate comes up with the word "allegedly". Does anyone know for sure if we have the AR1A? If so, can you post a source that I might be able to use? Doesn't the acquisition of BM-30 Smerch pretty much negate the AR1A claims? They are the same system, with a slightly different reloading process. I don't see why we would purchase both.
    No nerves struck, talk about anything you want in the appropriate forum. Mostly welcome.

Comment

ՀԱՊԿ ՕԱՀՈւ «Կոբալտ 2016» համատեղ վարժանքները

Comment

Gotta say those anti-terror exersizes were pretty badass. But would armenia really be involved in such operations? I kinda doubt it but its good to be prepared. Would they be used against azeri infiltrators maybe?

Comment

It should be used to seize Azeri villages.

Comment

Related to Samvel Babayan (translated from Russian)

"if you talk about avoiding risks (Risk Avoidance) and what to do with it, you can remember samvel babayan, former commander of the army of the nagorno-Karabakh. Of course, he did a lot of bad things recents time, and activities after the war but thats a completely separate topic, but Samvel and Serge had two different approachs in this aspect. With contrast. Babayan in the fact that he was ready to fight, aggressive and it turned out to be fit at that time, during the war. If we look at the actions of the Armenian leadership in karabakh when serzh sargsyan was the chief of staff of the defense forces, somewhere with 1991-1992 GG., The principle of avoidance of risk in this period was the main focus. Firstly, he wasn't involved in the defence of shaumyan area - there have been local and volunteers ad Armenians from Yerevan. All the focus was then made of self-preservation but not to win, again on the self-preservation. The same problem arise today: Serge sat in Stepanakert and didn't know who to get help from in Yerevan, or not which strategy from which it be possible for something to hit- to attack, all of which was aimed at self-preservation.

Many believe that the taking of Shusha was a turning point in the war. It's not the most critical moment in the war, in my opinion. Because after this, we have lost a large area of karabakh (Shahumian and Mardakert) and, in principle, were on the brink of defeat almost immediately after the liberation of Shusha. All of these actions - Lachin, Shush, and before that khojaly, krkzhan, malibeyli were aimed at self-preservation, and understandably, they should have to happen first. But when I started really serious pressure in the year 1992, it seems to me, Serge was again not ready for a serious decisions. And in his book Samvel Babayan (He's not himself, of course, she wrote) interesting describes the end of the period since the fall of 1992, after 4-5 months of fighting in Martakertskom neighborhood when gradually Vydavlivalisʹ Armenian forces from the area. Then to him, as he tells, was able to take the initiative in their hands, to change the course of the war. And he stabbed/attacked somewhere where no one expected - in the north of the Lachin into Kelbajar , where in principle, direct threat wasn't even the lachin road. Having this operation, they forced the Azerbaijanis to reroute there forces with Martakert front and thus took the initiative in their hands for the next year and a half."

"Если говорить об избегании рисков (risk avoidance) и что с этим делать, можно вспомнить Самвела Бабаяна, бывшего командующего карабахской армией. Конечно, он сделал очень много плохого в свое время, и его деятельность после войны- это совершенно отдельная тема, нуждающаяся, в отдельных оценках, но Самвел и Серж - это два разных подхода в данном аспекте. Отличие С. Бабаяна в том, что он был готов драться и это оказалось нужным на тот момент, в период войны. Если посмотреть на действия, армянского руководства в Карабахе, когда Серж Саргсян был главой штаба сил самообороны, где-то с 1991-1992 гг., принцип избегания рисков отчетливо выражен в этот период. Во-первых, он не участвовал в обороне Шаумяновского района - там действовали местные и добровольцы из Еревана. Вся ставка была тогда сделана на самосохранение - не на победу, а на самосохранение. Возникла та же проблема, что и сейчас: Серж сидел в Степанакерте и не знал, помогут ему в Ереване, или нет, смогут ли что-то отбить, - все было направлено на самосохранение.
            Многие считают,что взятие Шуши было переломным моментом в войне. Это не самый переломный момент в войне, на мой взгляд. Потому что после этого мы потеряли значительную территорию Карабаха и, в принципе, стояли на пороге поражения почти сразу после освобождения Шуши. Все эти действия - Лачин, Шуши, а до этого Ходжалы, Кркжан, Малибейли были направлены на самосохранение и понятно, что они должны были произойти первыми. Но, когда начался действительно серьезный прессинг в 1992 году, мне кажется, Серж оказался опять-таки не готовым к серьезным решениям. И в своей книге Самвел Бабаян (он не сам, естественно, ее писал) интересно описывает период конца осени 1992 года, уже после 4-5 месяцев боев в Мартакертском районе, когда постепенно выдавливались армянские силы из этого района. Тогда ему, как он рассказывает, удалось взять инициативу в свои руки, чтобы изменить ход войны. И он нанес удар туда, где никто не ожидал - на севере Лачинского района, откуда в принципе, прямой угрозы не было даже Лачинской дороге. Осуществив эту операцию, они заставили азербайджанцев перебросить туда силы с Мартакертского фронта и таким образом взяли инициативу в свои руки на следующие полтора года."
            General Antranik (1865-1927): “I am not a nationalist. I recognize only one nation, the nation of the oppressed.”

Comment

Comment

Armenia MOD: Night, day, and thermal vision devices are being
                installed at contact line

14:39, 27.05.2016

YEREVAN. – The Nagorno-Karabakh Republic (NKR/Artsakh) Defense Army is
                being equipped with the technical means.

The Minister of Defense of Armenia, Seyran Ohanyan, told the
                abovementioned to reporters on Friday.

“Corresponding night, day, and thermal vision devices are being
                installed, so that the tasks are carried out more clearly during
                military watch,” the minister added.

General Antranik (1865-1927): “I am not a nationalist. I recognize only one nation, the nation of the oppressed.”

Comment

“Zhamanak” reacts to this week’s joint exercises held in Armenia by special police forces of Russia and other ex-Soviet republics making up the Russian-led Collective Security Treaty Organization (CSTO). The paper says that the CSTO did not really react to the April 2-5 hostilities in Nagorno-Karabakh, let alone show support for Armenia in the conflict with Azerbaijan. The police drills are completely inappropriate in these circumstances, it claims.

Source: http://www.azatutyun.am/content/article/27761591.html
                  Zhamanak is either being untruthful, or just plain isn't aware. Either way, it puts the professionalism of their journalism into serious question.

CSTO Chief Blames Baku For Escalation In Karabakh

Հրապարակված է՝ 02.04.2016

The head of the Russian-led Collective Security Treaty Organization (CSTO) blamed Azerbaijan on Saturday for unprecedented ceasefire violations in Nagorno-Karabakh which threatened to escalate into a full-scale war.

The head of the Russian-led Collective Security Treaty Organization (CSTO) blamed Azerbaijan on Saturday for unprecedented ceasefire violations in Nagorno-Karabakh which threatened to escalate into a full-scale war.

Comment

Comment

Does anyone know if Balasanyan and Babayan are still on good terms?

Comment

Working...
                      X