Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

ՀԱՊԿ ՕԱՀՈւ «Կոբալտ 2016» համատեղ վարժանքները

Comment

ՀԱՊԿ ՕԱՀՈւ «Կոբալտ 2016» համատեղ վարժանքները

Comment

Originally posted by Joseph View Post
        Armenia MOD: Night, day, and thermal vision devices are being installed at contact line
        Good Job! They listened ... now they need to install the vibration sensors connected to the shotgun cannon.

Comment

Originally posted by Azad View Post
          Good Job! They listened ... now they need to install the vibration sensors connected to the shotgun cannon.
          How were these not already there?

Comment

Originally posted by bayhye View Post
            How were these not already there?
            Too comfortable/confident for over 25 years. Since the last experience, things have changed.

Comment

Originally posted by Lori View Post
              I will breakdown Samvel's arguments and give my opinion on them

Not true at all, his ties to the Russian Generals are showing. Russia is pursuing is fruitless endeavor at reintegrating Azerbaijan into their sphere. Azerbaijan is GONE. It is a Turkish puppet state and has been since that Elchibey. There are even rumors that the Azerbaijani military and interior ministry are controlled by Turkish Generals.

This is obvious. Our government got too comfortable with the status quo and let their guard down.

They are unwilling to compromise because they have the technological and numerical upperhand. The oil revenue and support from Turkey have allowed the Azerbaijanis to technologically modernize their armed forces to a ridiculous level. They are currently a lightyear ahead of us in terms of technological and this IS NOT to be underestimated.

This is the part where many get confused.

Armenia is lacking severely in these areas:

Armored vehicles (Severely lacking; Technological disparity)

Self-propelled artillery (severely lacking)

Air superiority/Multirole fighters (severely lacking

Armenia is superior to Azerbaijan when it comes to ballistic missile forces. We simply have way more which can overwhelm their air defense network. The acquisition of Iskander would only strengthen this.

Armenia has also closed a very important gap - MLRS

The upcoming acquisition of TOS-1A and Smerch MLRS has fully closed this disparity. This is a success achieved in the arms race

We need to begin full-scale modernization of our main battle tanks and we need to begin acquiring more modern IFVs.

I 100% agree. Ceding some parts of the buffer zone back to the Azerbaijanis, which would allow their refugees to return, would be not only the right thing to do but the smart thing to do. We should retain Karvachar and Lachin, as those are vital to Armenian national and water security along with retaining NK itself. Aghdam, Fuzili, Zangilan, etc should be given back to Azerbaijan. These regions are nothing but desolate ruins and would become and economic burden to develop again. No one lives there as well. I know in the past 120 years, we have lost a lot - too much. Sometimes you have to compromise and Samvel is right here. Solving our problems with Azerbaijan peacefully would also allow us on focusing more of our effort on regaining regions like Kars, Ardahan and Mt. Ararat. We should have made claims to those lands yesterday....Things like the BTC pipeline would become a non-issue.

How I see things

Are you sick in the head ? No lands are to go back nowhere. Full stop ! We don't negotiate lands with people who want to murder us. We only go forward from here. Armenia has hardly the air space as it is and you want to return the lands for peace ? You remind me of that woos from 40 days of Musa Dagh the movie who thought the Turks would treat them well taking his family with him leaving the mountain when warned of the danger , only to be killed and hung to a tree . The leaders of the Armenians watching from the mountain can hear the screams of the Turkish General "Come down Armenians, this is what is going to happen to you all ." I believe Lori you need to 're think your position and not go down that mountain . You need to stay up top with the rest of us.
              Last edited by ASALA2116; 05-27-2016, 03:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ASALA2116 View Post
                Are you sick in the head ? No lands are to go back nowhere. Full stop ! We don't negotiate lands with people who want to murder us. We only go forward from here. Armenia has hardly the air space as it is and you want to return the lands for peace ? You remind me of that woos from 40 days of Musa Dagh the movie who thought the Turks would treat them well taking his family with him leaving the mountain when warned of the danger , only to be killed and hung to a tree . The leaders of the Armenians watching from the mountain can hear the screams of the Turkish General "Come down Armenians, this is what is going to happen to you all ." I believe Lori you need to 're think your position and not go down that mountain . You need to stay up top with the rest of us.
                I guess we're not done here.

There will be no peace without the exchanging of lands. Its that simple. I suggest you read up on all the settlement plans, you will see that there are much worse options for Armenia. Only people here who are sick in the head are the ones who actually believe that Armenia has the resources and abilities to survive this siege-like status quo.

And what is this nonsense about airspace? Even with Artsakh and the surrounding territories, Armenia wouldn't be able to maintain a fleet of air superiority or multirole fighters. If airspace is what you are concerned about, then I suggest you begin reviewing your priorities.

I believe Lori you need to 're think your position and not go down that mountain . You need to stay up top with the rest of us.
                I'd rather descend the mountain, towards peace, then to stay up there with you and freeze to death.

Peace in Artsakh will open the road to Western Armenia. Not war. The only way to achieve this is what Samvel suggested. Territorial concessions, on our terms

As for Armenian refugees mentioned, I believe all Armenians living in Russia should be repatriated to Armenia.

Or we could all just migrate to Kuban and make Armavir our new capital
                Last edited by Lori; 05-27-2016, 03:58 PM.

Comment

[QUOTE=Lori;374162]I guess we're not done here.

There will be no peace without the exchanging of lands. Its that simple. I suggest you read up on all the settlement plans, you will see that there are much worse options for Armenia. Only people here who are sick in the head are the ones who actually believe that Armenia has the resources and abilities to survive this siege-like status quo.

So you agree with Azeri government that status quo cannot continue any longer? Lol
                  What peace are you talking about? Has there been any sign or peace intention from Turks any time in near history?
                  As long as we had an independent state we have been in war with Turks for our survival. Be it with our first republic or the third. All the time. Are you gona keep pretending that this war is about Artsakh security zones only and not about the Turkish drive to wipe out all of Armenians from there?

What is this your noncence about "Peace in Artsakh will open up road to western Armenia"? How are you connecting one to other? How can a current achievement be zeroed to something irrrelevant? Are you trying to mislead people?
                  I have to question your deep motives rightfully.
                  What options are you trying to scare people up with?can you list them.
                  What siege are you talking about? The word "siege" with it's propaganda have come only from Turks themselfs so far, why do you pick that up?
                  Are you Armenian?
                  Last edited by Hakob; 05-27-2016, 04:50 PM.

Comment

I guess we're not done here.

And what is this nonsense about airspace? Even with Artsakh and the surrounding territories, Armenia wouldn't be able to maintain a fleet of air superiority or multirole fighters. If airspace is what you are concerned about, then I suggest you begin reviewing your priorities.

I'd rather descend the mountain, towards peace, then to stay up there with you and freeze to death.

Peace in Artsakh will open the road to Western Armenia. Not war. The only way to achieve this is what Samvel suggested. Territorial concessions, on our terms

As for Armenian refugees mentioned, I believe all Armenians living in Russia should be repatriated to Armenia.

Or we could all just migrate to Kuban and make Armavir our new capital
                    Western Armenia is occupied by oppressors. I prefer the Turkish border stay closed .. Look at what these Turks did to Iraq and Syria. Is that what you want ? Armenia can manage , we have always managed. We don't need peace, when our neighbors who brainwash there children and people that Armenians are occupying there territories and we are liars and savages.

Comment

Please do! You won’t be the first Armenian, Greek, kurd or Slav to be part of the happy invading turkic union.
                      Just don’t convince other to submit to those backwards turkic unions.
                      We have no plans to hand over any part of our historic homeland.

Comment

Working...
                      X