Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Originally posted by ASALA2116 View Post
    We need new aircrafts. Our Air Force is becoming pre-historic. Anyone that says we don't need new planes have completely lost there mind. We should just sell our SU25's if that's the case. Maybe buy some MIG29K off India. We need to buy a few planes ASAP!!!!
    MIG29K are MIG 29s specifically adapted to serve on carriers, there's no point in getting those and I doubt India wants to sell any considering they need them for their two new carriers. Su-30s do seem like a good option, although I heard that the USSR didn't station any Su-27s in Armenia specifically because the airspace was to small for for maneuvering Su-27s, in which case maybe we should go for new MIG-29 variants?

Comment

Առաջնագծի զինվորները

Comment

Originally posted by Achemish View Post
        MIG29K are MIG 29s specifically adapted to serve on carriers, there's no point in getting those and I doubt India wants to sell any considering they need them for their two new carriers. Su-30s do seem like a good option, although I heard that the USSR didn't station any Su-27s in Armenia specifically because the airspace was to small for for maneuvering Su-27s, in which case maybe we should go for new MIG-29 variants?
        --- I heard airspace to small for SU27 ---
        Sorry, but that's laughable. Su27 dog fight mig 29 close quarters no problem. Economics is the factor. Su27 burns more fuel. For defense purpose, the mig29 can cover our territory cheaper. That's why Russia stations them in Hayastan.
        The su30 is redesigned su27 with canards and tvn.
        If we were able to get only one type of air dominant multi purpose aircraft, the su30(mk) is the more versatile. Both defense and offense with significant range improvement. Also the upgrade potential goes into 5th gen stuff. Excellent all around aircraft but fuel thirsty. Oh, and you can't beat the price. I'm certain we can get these for less than a grippen but packed with better options and the su30 is much more powerful with longer legs.

Comment

Originally posted by burjuin View Post
          Thanks burjuin.......we will get there.
          Simulators teach alot so you don't waist airtime in actual flight. Example would be what is a turn coordinator and and what does the encases ball show you. What is a attitude indicator, what are the color codes and marks on the airspeed indicator, etc.
          Get a feel of take off and landing
          Then you gotta learn your weapons capabilities and how to use them.

You cannot stop it......we will prevail in flight. From my experience and between students, the Armenians are very good students and learn quick. Filipinos and Germans are also good students.

Armenian Eagle will claim her airspace flown by Armenians.
          B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Who cares what they are F22 , SU30 ,PAK, .. We need something just for a little encouragement. SU25's are too old now.

Comment

I think we just wasting our money on these weapons.. So many smerch rockets unexploded during the 4 day war. It begs to ask whether our weapons will be duds too. I think shopping elsewhere as well as Russia will help Putin understand that he is losing the Caucasus if he doesn't pull his finger out.

So many articles by Armenians out with anti Russian sentiments , questioning why our friend arms our enemy with modern equipment and so on. I understand Russia doesn't care about Armenian soldiers, maybe they ought to learn a thing from the US of how they respect there allies.

Comment

Originally posted by ASALA2116 View Post
                Who cares what they are F22 , SU30 ,PAK, .. We need something just for a little encouragement. SU25's are too old now.
                It's not that they are too old, it's that they are only air to ground for the most part. We need air superiority fighters to complement our Su-25s and provide a counter to Azerbaijan's pretty good Air Force. All that Armenia currently has are Russia's deployed MIG 29's, which are neither a permanent solution nor can help us in Nagorno-Karabakh.

Comment

Առաջնագծի զինվորները

Comment

It's not that they are too old, it's that they are only air to ground for the most part. We need air superiority fighters to complement our Su-25s and provide a counter to Azerbaijan's pretty good Air Force. All that Armenia currently has are Russia's deployed MIG 29's, which are neither a permanent solution nor can help us in Nagorno-Karabakh.
                    Russians would never allow Armenia to use there Migs. They dont want to upset there other friend in rye region. They would rather us lose a war becoming dependent on them even more then lose Azerbaijan who already is hinting at New allies and a brotherly relationship. Armenia needs to get a lot more closer to France and play that card. Invite delegates and watch the Russians burn. Vote in favor of France in United Nations until there media starts to ask "what happened?". We are a sovereign nation and Russia can very easily be replaced by NATO , who seems to want to dump Turkey for a new country who might be formed in the region, Kurdistan.. I'm not pro NATO nor Pro Russia, but I am an Armenian nationalist who is rather upset by Russia's stance..

Comment

Armenia seriously needs to get there priorities straight. We are a nation of very smart individuals , run by mafia style oligarch traitors who don't care for the present or future of Armenia. After hearing about the train line that will not go ahead , completely changed everything about the hopes and dreams of this isolated nation which reminds me of an island prison far far away.

Azerbaijan a country that is governed by a dictator , is doing better then us. Mind me , I take this to heart especially seeing our soldiers not even carry night vision goggles on the borders.
                      How can we allow such disgrace?

Comment

Working...
                      X