Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Originally posted by armnuke View Post
    You had legit concerns, I gave you a legit solution ay axper
    That is not how you give legit solution. You know it.
    Nobody except army can publicise any information about condition of weaponry. Nobody can go and prove quality of any bullet exept expert lab that is tasked with it.
    There is only two ways. One is criticism and concerns coming from outside army(government), the other is the government itself.
    There has been tons of criticism and evidence of bad or old weaponry from outside of army. But there has not been sufficient proofs of otherwise from government. Not for the aprill war or before statuses. Only after aprill war there has been reports of improvements by army. But this events of exploding guns gives me right to question.
    Anybody that thinks that I am harming my country's defences by criticizing is wrong.
    Open criticism and demands of accountability are the only factors that differentiate our army from azery army. Only by accountability and taking on criticism can our army be more powerful than azery army which has much more weaponry.
    Most important that We can learn from aprill war is to keep pressing for accountability and stop in any corruption. Not to sleep until next war shows inefficiencies on account of our kid's lives.
    My concerns are very real and reasonable.
    Last edited by Hakob; 02-23-2017, 10:55 AM.

Comment

Armenian Air Force

Comment

Hakop, we don't have rifles that are that old to blow up when being fired. You don't need to be a rifle guru to check the photos and videos and see them yourself. Quit mixing technical stuff with your political beliefs.
        I have 10+ years of experience with guns and ammo, I fill my own ammo and experiment with different types of gunpowders.
        First of all when a gun blows up it won't kill the person most of the time.
        Second, old ammo does not blow up. It gives you bad pattern, poor distance, and most of the time it jams, meaning that you have to throw out the empty shell manually out of your rifle because it won't go out on its own.
        What could blow up a gun and kill someone could be the following:
        - Sabotage
        - Clogged barrel, specially when there's mud. If you dip the rifle's barrel without being careful, the pressure will blow the gun up, but only in rare cases someone dies.
        - Double /triple gunpowder charge. This happens when they're filling cartriges and a malfuntioning machine drops 2-3 charges of gunpowder. Also, this rarely kills the shooter.
        Heres a video for illustration
        Last edited by armnuke; 02-23-2017, 03:06 PM.

Comment

I agree with the statement regarding our mod to modernise our police force with new equipment yet our guys are barely armed with anything with most of our equipment barely reaching the 90s and most of them stuck in the 70s and 80s seriously we got brand new toys for our police last year with LAV's and APC's for god sake, and yet our guys are using a T-72 AV with outdated weapons and poorly equipped with basic weaponry, seriously where the hell does our 500 million dollar military budget go to?!

Comment

Originally posted by armnuke View Post
            Hakop, we don't have rifles that are that old to blow up when being fired. You don't need to be a rifle guru to check the photos and videos and see them yourself. Quit mixing technical stuff with your political beliefs.
            I have 10+ years of experience with guns and ammo, I fill my own ammo and experiment with different types of gunpowders.
            First of all when a gun blows up it won't kill the person most of the time.
            Second, old ammo does not blow up. It gives you bad pattern, poor distance, and most of the time it jams, meaning that you have to throw out the empty shell manually out of your rifle because it won't go out on its own.
            What could blow up a gun and kill someone could be the following:
            - Sabotage
            - Clogged barrel, specially when there's mud. If you dip the rifle's barrel without being careful, the pressure will blow the gun up, but only in rare cases someone dies.
            - Double /triple gunpowder charge. This happens when they're filling cartriges and a malfuntioning machine drops 2-3 charges of gunpowder. Also, this rarely kills the shooter.
            Heres a video for illustration
            Glad that you anderstand from guns and ammo. I also have vast experience, over 35 years. I am also a hobby gunsmith as I am tooling engineer, making gun parts and loading equipment.
            As I said, old ammo can do a what is called "cook off" where primer ignites prematurely as bullet is entering a hot barrel that has already fired several shots. Depending how premature, if it ignites before bolt has closed fully, it can throw the bolt back with the force of a projectile into shooter's head. I have seen data and pictures of such a case from an incident in Australia. Usually for a cookoff to happen to regular bullets, you have to shoot something like a few magazines without stop to cool off the barrel.
            This premature ignition can happen also from substandard bullets when primer cup is not uniformally set around .10 MM below case surface and when bolt is slamming cartridge into chamber force is on primer and acts as a pin strike would.
            Also there have been few instances where primer cup material is thinned down too much at the corner radius as a result of bad stamping. This kind of weakness can make separation of primer cup bottom section (which is facing the bolt) and from pneumatic force pressure when bolt closes can collapse and create ignition.
            I can name many more reasons of just primer going off prematurely on substandard ammunition and causing premature cookoff which is the most dangerous.
            I have had a couple of "cookoff"s, the regular ones where bolt was closed and no problem.
            This premature ignitions are most dangerous in automatic weapons because they can happen before bolt closes and locks up.
            The video you posted is not of premature ignition. It is a pressure blow up of closed bolt action. The piston spring flies back with cover blowing up but luckily the guy does not get hurt.
            It can be very deadly.
            Another reason of blow up prematurely is the case problems. I have had a cartridge of Persian manufacture 8mm Mauser firing before I pulled the trigger. Upon close examination I found many bullets with micro cracks on brass cases. Somehow powder inside got a spark to ignite.
            As you can see there are many ways a low quality bullet can cause damage.
            There can be problems with old guns too.
            I have guns from early 1800's till this day. There are several ways an old gun can be dangerous.
            Number one is decaying thru oxidation as time goes by. Sometimes this oxidation can be seen as rust, but sometimes it does not have rust color because of steel rubbing and handling/firing. But nonetheless bolt lug faces and bolt locking lugs in chamber start loosing material and develop excessive head spacing clearance.
            Now you know, if there is too much headspace, cartridge starts developing excessive pressures before bullet jumps into rifling. Combine that with the fact that steel on old and much used bolts becomes harder and brittle when it is made low quality, and you can have a sudden breakdown of bolt lugs and it fly back.
            Is this enough information?
            Now, I have no political affiliation. My criticism of government is not political, but comes from government's behavior.
            Some older members here can remember how sometimes I have defended Serj's government very vigorously.
            If they do good, they deserve appraisal. But I can't stay quiet if there are problems in government behavior.
            Last edited by Hakob; 02-23-2017, 04:57 PM.

Comment

Ըստ Քննչական կոմիտեի տարածած հաղորդագրության` 2017թ. փետրվարի 23-ին՝ ժամը 00:45-ի սահմաններում, N զորամասի պահպանության շրջանի մարտական դիրքում, հակառակորդի կրակը ճնշելու նպատակով գնդացրով պատասխան կրակ վարելու ժամանակ, ըստ նախնական տվյալների, փամփուշտը փողում պայթելու պատճառով, մահացու բեկորային վիրավորում է ստացել պայմանագրային զինծառայող Գոռ Ֆրունզիկի Խուդինյանը:

Definitely quality issue.
              To remedy, I think voices calling for establishing domestic manufacture of ammunition to supply all our army needs is the good idea.
              Quality controll can be managed much better when manufacturer is local and responds directly to user's requairements.
              Product has not been passed thru many hands and there is nothing to do to affect manufacturer.
              This incident can be a gun or bullet issue. It can happen even with new production if manufactured cheap and low quality.
              Government's job is to take action ASAP, and publicise.

Comment

Originally posted by Hakob View Post
                I'd like to add to post above.
                There has been at least two, I think, self inflicted gunshot wounds declared by our MOD this year, and several last year. It does not say "suicide".
                Question: what is self inflicted gunshot wound, if not as a suicide?
                Generally it is pretty hard for trained person, like the soldier, to inflict an accidental gunshot wound, which will be pointing gun at yourself and firing, unless a suicide event.
                So every time there was an incident after which a self inflicted gunshot was declared, I thought that it could be a coverup term for enemy shot.
                But now I am starting to suspect that behind that declaration stand major mechanical malfunctions that end up killing our soldiers and are not clarified by government.
                Next question is how big is this problem? How many of our soldiers died in April war because of this?
                How probable and founded are my suspicions?
                For an apparatus that is so cortupt that could bring buffalo meat from India and feed it's soldiers as veal, or taking army rations and selling it in Poland isn't it possible to bring some low or lowest quality written off bullets and rifles from third world countries and pass it as Bought from Russia?
                looking at the level of corruption and paybacks in our government isn't it possible?
                I believe very likely.
                How we will know? Who will prove or not?
                You completely lost me here. We started with the Police to self inflicting gunshots to your old same rhetoric that the Government is corrupt. We already know that but to be honest find me a smart man who will lead Armenia into the right direction . Sometimes we need to experience the sh it first to get to what we want. These Oligarchs will not rule forever. Things just take time. But I don't think you understand that. You are exactly like the Syrians who opposed Assad. Prefer a destroyed country then a corrupt system. Don't think like a Khiar Hakob. Destroy the system that destroys people. You have not given one example of how Armenia can better itself.

Comment

Armenian Army

Comment

Originally posted by ASALA2116 View Post
                    You completely lost me here. We started with the Police to self inflicting gunshots to your old same rhetoric that the Government is corrupt. We already know that but to be honest find me a smart man who will lead Armenia into the right direction . Sometimes we need to experience the sh it first to get to what we want. These Oligarchs will not rule forever. Things just take time. But I don't think you understand that. You are exactly like the Syrians who opposed Assad. Prefer a destroyed country then a corrupt system. Don't think like a Khiar Hakob. Destroy the system that destroys people. You have not given one example of how Armenia can better itself.
                    Read all my posts above many more times and maybe you can get it.

Comment

Originally posted by Hakob View Post
                      Read all my posts above many more times
                      We have a life outside this forum.

Comment

Working...
                      X