Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Originally posted by Vahramig View Post
    umid123 your full of sheet! List when you first posted you said you were not here to fight with anyone. Why don't you leave now while the going is good! Don't let the door hit you in the ars.
    why are you being a douche? cant you be civil? Listen its not like i am saying it, According to our news this is where its at. Everyday they talk about it on TV. Everyday some foreign organization condemns it but we both know nobody gives a xxxx about you or us. If today powers need Armenia they will sing one song, but if they need oil and gas they will play another tune. I am not fighting with you not here, it doesnt make sense. just saying you can swing ur arms all day long with out knowing what is going on behind your back. Friends will turn sides quick on each other, but we will be blind.

Comment

Originally posted by edojan View Post
      ur full of xxxx kids don't get targeted by Armenian Snipers!
      First of all please dont be rude , second of all i never said that i exclude the chance of this being just another propaganda. And i think actually there is a high probability of it happening

Comment

102 military base of Russia's Armed Forces in the Republic of Armenia:

Comment

Originally posted by Eddo211 View Post
          No expert here but I can tell that hitting ground stations ain't gonna help:

There isn’t much difference between Military or commercial communication satellites. Apparently this one will stay in a geosynchronous orbit (which means it will orbits at the speed of earth rotation, the satellite will be seen stationary in the Azeri sky from a ground observer).
          Armenia should track its orbit closely, however nobody can guarantee that it will not be used for military purposes. Let Ex-Im Bank release the details of this contract to us or Armenia will consider (should consider) this French satellite as a legitimate target.

The US military, for example, uses commercial communications satellites to control and get data from unmanned drones, and for secure military cell phone networks. And a country that has its own satellite, even a commercial one, could provide advantage to its military, said an Air Force officer who spoke to EurasiaNet.org on condition of anonymity. “You're guaranteed access, you're guaranteed communications,” the officer said.
          I wouldn't be too confident that this satellite is indestructible.

A satellite will have enough RF power (radio transmitters) to send signals to earth for each and every communications receiver.
          However individual receivers do not have enough power to transmit back to the satellite.
          This is done from a master transmitter at a ground station.

You need a powerful and directional transmitter to do that ( I will not go too much into technicals ).
          This is achieved by a large ( 3-4 M ) Dish antenna and its associated equipment.
          This is the GROUND STATION providing the UPLINK.

The data route to the satellite is through the network ( microwave links, fibre optic or copper cables etc) to the ground station and then uplinked to the satellite.

For obvious (technical) reasons the ground station cannot be mobile and therefore an “easy “ target.

A ground station is normally identifiable by its DISH antenna.
          You loose the Dish and associated equipment you lose the UpLink.

You lose the Uplink you have lost communications with the satellite.
          That would be the end of that.

My original question was concerning targeting with (GPS) accuracy and the footprint of the damage to put out of action the ground station.
          Last edited by londontsi; 05-13-2011, 03:04 AM.
          Politics is not about the pursuit of morality nor what's right or wrong
          Its about self interest at personal and national level often at odds with the above.
          Great politicians pursue the National interest and small politicians personal interests

Comment

Originally posted by umid123 View Post
            First of all please dont be rude , second of all i never said that i exclude the chance of this being just another propaganda. And i think actually there is a high probability of it happening
            umid123 has not written anything rude or offensive
            General Antranik (1865-1927): “I am not a nationalist. I recognize only one nation, the nation of the oppressed.”

Comment

Originally posted by londontsi View Post
              I wouldn't be too confident that this satellite is indestructible.

A satellite will have enough RF power (radio transmitters) to send signals to earth for each and every communications receiver.
              However individual receivers do not have enough power to transmit back to the satellite.
              This is done from a master transmitter at a ground station.

You need a powerful and directional transmitter to do that ( I will not go too much into technicals ).
              This is achieved by a large ( 3-4 M ) Dish antenna and its associated equipment.
              This is the GROUND STATION providing the UPLINK.

The data route to the satellite is through the network ( microwave links, fibre optic or copper cables etc) to the ground station and then uplinked to the satellite.

For obvious (technical) reasons the ground station cannot be mobile and therefore an “easy “ target.

A ground station is normally identifiable by its DISH antenna.
              You loose the Dish and associated equipment you lose the UpLink.

You lose the Uplink you have lost communications with the satellite.
              That would be the end of that.

My original question was concerning targeting with (GPS) accuracy and the footprint of the damage to put out of action the ground station.
              I suppose so, a GPS guided rocket can do it if you have the coordinates....you think there might be more than one ground station?

Also, couldn't Turkey upload to satelitte say from their AWAK?
              B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Armenia raises army draft age

Armenia has raised the draft age of its army conscripts by a year. A bill setting the new conscription age at 19 was unanimously approved by the country’s parliament on Thursday.

Justice Minister Hrayr Tovmasyan said the measure was necessary because Armenia had adopted a new 12-year education system.

“As a result of applying new educational standards persons not finishing school were reaching the draft age,” Tovmasyan explained.

The minister said Armenia would have to deal with 6,000 such cases in 2012 and therefore it was expedient to regulate those cases with a law.

So far young men without deferment from active military service have been called up for two-year military duty in the conscription-based armed forces upon attaining the age of 18. Conscription and demobilization in Armenia are carried out on a half-yearly basis.

Azerbaboon: 9.000 Google hits and counting!

Comment

Does Armenia own any short range tactical missles/rocket (over 300km)?

Azeris already have OTR-21 Tochka and are planning to buy maybe Chineese SY-400, a GPS/INS guided artillery rocket system since its range is not limited to 300km by export laws.
                  Something similar to this can reach deep inside Azerbaijan and take out a strategic target, like a satelitte dish? I would think this is what you need, speaking as an ignorant airman in this ground defense field that is.
                  B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Please note the Yusuf Ziya Arpacik and his xxxxxes got their asses handed to them already back in 1992-1994

Stepanakert: second war in Karabakh will also result in Azerbaijan’s defeat
                    March 11, 2011 - 12:11 AMT

PanARMENIAN.Net - Chairman of the NKR National Assembly standing committee on foreign relations Vahram Atanesyan said that the Turkish subdivision of the Union of Winds participated in the first war in Karabakh, and we have seen its results.
                    “I do not think that the NKR Defense Army is so week that anyone – be it the Azerbaijani army, or some other units – will manage to achieve considerable results in case of hostilities resumption,” Atanesyan told a PanARMENIAN.Net reporter.
                    He noted that one should get prepared not for a war, but for a constructive dialogue for the Karabakh conflict peaceful settlement.
                    “Besides, it is necessary to consider the fact that parliamentary elections will take place in Turkey in June, while the country’s authorities pull at the heartstrings of the population’s majority,” Atanesyan said.

The Turkish subdivision of the Union of Winds believes that if diplomatic ways for the Nagorno Karabakh conflict settlement do not yield results, a war will become inevitable.
                    Commander of the Union of Winds Yusuf Ziya Arpacik stated that all the units of the Union of Winds are on high alert and ready to start fighting for Karabakh.
                    The Union of Winds subdivision consists of former commandos and fighters of special forces of the Turkish bodies of internal affairs. The subdivision reconciles its actions with the Turkish military command, but has no a direct relation to the Turkish armed forces and does not make a part of the country’s army.
                    Last edited by Joseph; 05-13-2011, 09:05 AM.
                    General Antranik (1865-1927): “I am not a nationalist. I recognize only one nation, the nation of the oppressed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Eddo211 View Post
                      Does Armenia own any short range tactical missles/rocket (over 300km)?

Azeris already have OTR-21 Tochka and are planning to buy maybe Chineese SY-400, a GPS/INS guided artillery rocket system since its range is not limited to 300km by export laws.
                      Something similar to this can reach deep inside Azerbaijan and take out a strategic target, like a satelitte dish? I would think this is what you need, speaking as an ignorant airman in this ground defense field that is.
                      I doubt they do , and if they do not in quantities that will make a difference. Until Armenia begins production of its own missiles (short/med range ballistic, anti tank/air ..) there will always be a huge threat of being overwhelmed by opponent that can purchase such weapons by the boatload due to its economic ability. I don't see an alternative to local production and defense minister hinted this last year when they extended Russian military base contract.

Comment

Working...
                      X