Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Originally posted by Vahramig View Post
    umid123 your full of sheet! List when you first posted you said you were not here to fight with anyone. Why don't you leave now while the going is good! Don't let the door hit you in the ars.
    Moderators, would you please ban this obnoxious person - or at the very least give him a severe, last chance, warning. There needs to be a strict rule that any member engaging in racist abuse by telling other members they "should not be here" will be immediately banned.
    Last edited by bell-the-cat; 05-13-2011, 10:56 AM.
    Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

Originally posted by umid123 View Post
      If today powers need Armenia they will sing one song, but if they need oil and gas they will play another tune. I am not fighting with you not here, it doesnt make sense. just saying you can swing ur arms all day long with out knowing what is going on behind your back. Friends will turn sides quick on each other, but we will be blind.
      But Azerbaijan has nobody to blame but Azerbaijan for the low state of Azeri mass-media, or indeed about any of Azerbaijan's social failings. One aspect of that "nobody gives a xxxx about you or us" point is that there is no outlet that reveals what the population of Azerbaijan really thinks. Maybe Azerbaijan is, as your media and state organisations would suggest it is, a nation mostly populated by Aliyev-loving paranoid racists. That, honestly, is the impression that Azerbaijan's media gives out. However, nobody from the outside is going to reform your country's media or start forcing your country's professional academics to behave like proper academics. That process has to come from within Azerbaijan.
      Last edited by bell-the-cat; 05-13-2011, 10:55 AM.
      Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

What impression does this give to the general Armenian population when a Major-General and former Defence Minister is leaving the country for the Czech Republic of all places . It's unconfirmed but c'mon...
        ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Գեներալ-գնդապետ Միքայել Հարությունյանը լքում է Հայաստանը

«Առաջին լրատվական»-ի հավաստի աղբյուրների տեղեկություններով ՀՀ նախկին Պաշտպանության նախարար, այժմ`ՀՀ գլխավոր ռազմական տեսուչ, գեներալ-գնդապետ Միքայել Հարությունյանը որոշել է լքել Հայաստանը: Այս մասին նա անկեղծացել է մտերիմների շրջապատում:

Մեր աղբյուրների տեղեկություններով`Միքայել Հարությունյանը մտադիր է ընտանիքը տեղափոխել Չեխիայի հանրապետություն, որտեղ վերջինս տարիներ շարունակ ներդրումներ է կատարել: Այս օրերին տարբեր զորամասերում իրականացվող ստուգումները, մեր աղբյուրների տեղեկություններով, Միքայել Հարությունյանի փոխարեն իրականացնում է գեներալ-մայոր Լեոնիդ Մարտիրոսովը:

2008թ. Մարտի 1-ի ողբերգության գլխավոր դերակատարներից մեկի` Միքայել Հարությունյանի մասին այս տեղեկությունը բավական ուշագրավ է Մարտի 1-ի բացահայտման շուրջ Սերժ Սարգսյանի` ապրիլի 20-ի հանձնարարականի ֆոնին, որին հետևեցին Ռոբերտ Քոչարյանի, Տիգրան Թորոսյանի «պարզաբանում-ցուցմունքները»:

Azerbaboon: 9.000 Google hits and counting!

Comment

Ադրբեջանը կարող է թաղվել նոր պատերազմում, կարծում են BMI փորձագետները

Չորեքշաբթի 11 Մայիս 2011 09:53
          Photo: www.mil.am

Երեւան: Մեդիամաքս: Business Monitor International-ի (BMI) փորձագետները քիչ հավանական են համարում զանգվածային ռազմական գործողությունների վերսկսումը Հայաստանի եւ Ադրբեջանի միջեւ, եւ պատճառներից մեկն այն է, որ դրանում շահագրգռված չեն նրանց «ազդեցիկ հովանավորներ» Ռուսաստանն ու Թուրքիան:

Ինչպես հաղորդում է Մեդիամաքսը, Լոնդոնում գործող Business Monitor International-ը ամեն ամիս թողարկում է քաղաքական ռիսկերի եւ մակրոտնտեսական հեռանկարների գնահատման տարածաշրջանային տեսություններ` նախատեսված խոշոր բիզնեսի ներկայացուցիչների համար:

Ռուսաստանի եւ ԱՊՀ-ի մասին հունիսյան տեսության մեջ հրապարակվել է «Հայ-ադրբեջանական հակամարտության գնահատումը» վերլուծական հոդվածը:

Չնայած BMI-ի փորձագետները քիչ հավանական են համարում լիարժեք պատերազմի վերսկսումը, նրանք խոստովանում են, որ հակամարտությունը կարող է սկսվել Ադրբեջանի սխալ հաշվարկի արդյունքում, որն ունի ստատուս-քվոն փոխելու մեծ ցանկություն:

«Նոր պատերազմը կունենա շատ ավելի ծանր հետեւանքներ, քան 1991-1994 թթ. հակամարտությունը, քանի որ երկու կողմերն այսօր զինված են շատ ավելի լավ, եւ Բաքու-Թբիլիսի-Ջեյհան նավթատարն անցնում է Ադրբեջանի տարածքով»,- նշում են Business Monitor International-ի վերլուծաբանները:

Նրանց կարծիքով, եթե, այնուամենայնիվ, ծավալվեն ռազմական նոր գործողություններ, «մենք ակնկալում ենք, որ դրանց նախաձեռնողը կլինի Ադրբեջանը. ոչ թե այն պատճառով, որ Բաքուն ավելի ագրեսիվ է, այլ որովհետեւ Ադրբեջանը ավելի մեծ կորուստներ կրած կողմ է»:

Վերլուծաբանների կարծիքով, այն գործոններից մեկը, որը կարող է հանգեցնել նոր պատերազմի, կարող է դառնալ Ադրբեջանի ուժեղացումը, որը «իր բնական ռեսուրսների շնորհիվ 2003թ. համեմատ իր ռազմական բյուջեն ավելացրել է 20 անգամ` այն հասցնելով $ 1.12 մլրդ-ի»: «Բացի այդ, աճել է այդ երկրի աշխարհաքաղաքական նշանակությունը` հատկապես Բաքու-Թբիլիսի-Ջեյհան նախագծի գործարկումից հետո»,- նշում են բրիտանացի վերլուծաբանները:

Ինչպես հաղորդում է Մեդիամաքսը, մյուս գործոնը, որը կարող է հանգեցնել պատերազմի, BMI-ն համարում է առաջընթացի բացակայությունը բանակցություններում:

«Հաշվի առնելով, որ Ադրբեջանում նավթի արտադրությունը շուտով կհասնի գագաթնակետին, Ալիեւը կարող է որոշել, որ եկել է «այժմ կամ երբեք» պահը»,- նշվում է հոդվածում:

Մեկնաբանելով կողմերի դաշնակիցների հարցը` փորձագետները հիշեցնում են, որ Հայաստանը ՀԱՊԿ-ի անդամ է, իսկ Ադրբեջանը ռազմավարական պայմանագիր ունի Թուրքիայի հետ:

«Այնուամենայնիվ, ոչ Հայաստանը, ոչ Ադրբեջանը չեն կարող ավտոմատ օգնություն սպասել Մոսկվայից ու Անկարայից: Պաշտոնապես Լեռնային Ղարաբաղը Հայաստանի մաս չի հանդիսանում, ինչը նշանակում է, որ Ադրբեջանի ագրեսիայի դեպքում դա չի հանդիսանա ագրեսիա Հայաստանի դեմ, որպեսզի ՀԱՊԿ-ին իրավունք տա խառնվել: Միաժամանակ, եթե Ադրբեջանը սկսի ռազմական գործողությունները Լեռնային Ղարաբաղի դեմ, Թուրքիան կդիմի՞ արդյոք Ռուսաստանի հետ հակամարտելու ռիսկին»,- ասվում է հոդվածում:

Փորձագետները եզրակացնում են, որ Ադրբեջանը չի կարող վստահ լինել, որ կարող է արագ եւ վճռական հաղթանակ տանել:

«Չնայած ռազմական ծախսերի զգալի ավելացմանը, կասկածելի է, որ ադրբեջանական զինված ուժերը կգերազանցեն: Ադրբեջանը կարող է ներքաշվել երկարարատեւ հակամարտության մեջ»,- ամփոփում են BMI-ի վերլուծաբանները:

Azerbaboon: 9.000 Google hits and counting!

Comment

Originally posted by bell-the-cat View Post
            Moderators, would you please ban this obnoxious person - or at the very least give him a severe, last chance, warning. There needs to be a strict rule that any member engaging in racist abuse by telling other members they "should not be here" will be immediately banned.
            Wow now who is brave? At least when I aired my sheet, I was democratic about it, you sir are proving you are an "internet worrior" :-) Jab.. Jab so really now perhaps you have to eat one word in a sentance, you are lacking just one word no?

Let me be frank, I'm still trying to figure you out. You did jump on the azeri for his Bullshoye but wondering if this is revers syops on your part. So we know you are not an Armenian, so what are you? If you are Dutch we know you are into windmills and can understand your point of view. It is easy being Dutch, I defend the frontier you some sheet, and come up with peace and love montra :-) Does not change the fact that when we go you will all cry, not for us mind you, becuase you are all wimps!

come on Bell, what gives? After all if I did speak I at least spoke what I feel and know to be true. You ripped the azeri but you leave a lot to be desired, you are not fair. If you are an American we can understand, why not come out like the azeri and say you are American? You can be a Dutch guy too, I will not hold you to it. Or anyone else, if it was not for people on this planet we would not have Sushi or Hambergers, we do need people of all kinds. So why not come out and tell us you are French? With all my faults I'm still saying I'm Armenian what are you saying?

Regards,

"

Comment

Originally posted by Vahramig View Post
              Wow now who is brave? At least when I aired my sheet, I was democratic about it, you sir are proving you are an "internet worrior" :-) Jab.. Jab so really now perhaps you have to eat one word in a sentance, you are lacking just one word no?

Let me be frank, I'm still trying to figure you out. You did jump on the azeri for his Bullshoye but wondering if this is revers syops on your part. So we know you are not an Armenian, so what are you? If you are Dutch we know you are into windmills and can understand your point of view. It is easy being Dutch, I defend the frontier you some sheet, and come up with peace and love montra :-) Does not change the fact that when we go you will all cry, not for us mind you, becuase you are all wimps!

come on Bell, what gives? After all if I did speak I at least spoke what I feel and know to be true. You ripped the azeri but you leave a lot to be desired, you are not fair. If you are an American we can understand, why not come out like the azeri and say you are American? You can be a Dutch guy too, I will not hold you to it. Or anyone else, if it was not for people on this planet we would not have Sushi or Hambergers, we do need people of all kinds. So why not come out and tell us you are French? With all my faults I'm still saying I'm Armenian what are you saying?

Regards,

"
              Grow up. Bell has been a long tine member here and his contributions are often very valuable. He is from the UK and knows more about Armenian history, culture, and archeology than 99% of Armenians. He is a pain in arse much of the time but mostly to provoke those that are prone to starting flame wars or who make extreme statements without any regard to fact. The flame war ends now or we will commence with bannings.
              General Antranik (1865-1927): “I am not a nationalist. I recognize only one nation, the nation of the oppressed.”

Comment

Originally posted by edojan View Post
                I doubt they do , and if they do not in quantities that will make a difference.
                They seem to be listed as an operator of The Russian OTR-21 Tochka in Wiki and here.

This missile system is very old but I am sure you can update its tracking system and with different warheads. As far as I am concerned the more they buy, more will be capture by the Armenians and used against them.

Until Armenia begins production of its own missiles (short/med range ballistic, anti tank/air ..) there will always be a huge threat of being overwhelmed by opponent that can purchase such weapons by the boatload due to its economic ability. I don't see an alternative to local production and defense minister hinted this last year when they extended Russian military base contract.
                Armenia needs to step up and give more priority on its young and a very small defence industry including aviation.
                B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Originally posted by Eddo211 View Post
                  I suppose so, a GPS guided rocket can do it if you have the coordinates....you think there might be more than one ground station?

Also, couldn't Turkey upload to satelitte say from their AWAK?
                  Satellite Phone, satellite phones, satelite phone, satellite telephone, satelite phones, satellite telephones, sat phone, sattelite phone, sattelite phones, sat phones, satelite telephoneglobalstar, iridium motorola 9505, satellite telephone, inmarsat, motorola mobile phones, satellite communications, discount marine electronics, radio telemetry, used marine electronics

A dish ( directional) antenna has to be accurately aligned to the satellite ( antennas).
                  In order to have a link to a second ground station it has to have a second set antennas ( at different angles)
                  Last edited by londontsi; 05-13-2011, 07:21 PM.
                  Politics is not about the pursuit of morality nor what's right or wrong
                  Its about self interest at personal and national level often at odds with the above.
                  Great politicians pursue the National interest and small politicians personal interests

Comment

Some additional information:

An older link, suggests most channels will be used for TV transmissions.
                    I would say more political significance than military (?).

It took some time to add something new here, but it is very interesting updates. As long as Turksat worked as the best suitable satellite for not only Turkish, but the biggest Azerbaijani and Georg…

Manufacturers.

Northrop Grumman solves the toughest problems in space, aeronautics, defense and cyberspace to meet the ever evolving needs of our customers worldwide. Our 95,000 employees define possible every day using science, technology and engineering to create and deliver advanced systems, products and services.

Azerspace/Africasat-1a

Under a contract with The Ministry of Communications and Information Technologies of the Republic of Azerbaijan, Orbital is designing and building the Azerspace/Africasat-1a commercial communications satellite. Based on Orbital’s flight-proven STAR-2 platform, the hybrid C- and Ku-band satellite will generate approximately five kilowatts of payload power and carry 36 active transponders. Azerspace/Africasat-1a will provide communications services to Azerbaijan, Central Asia, Europe and Africa from an orbital location at 46 degrees East Longitude through an arrangement between the Ministry and Measat of Malaysia, which owns the rights to the orbital slot.

Orbital will be responsible for providing the satellite and ground system.

Upon completion of in-orbit testing, operational control of the satellite will be handed over to the Ministry, which will continue to operate the spacecraft from its control center in Baku.
                    Politics is not about the pursuit of morality nor what's right or wrong
                    Its about self interest at personal and national level often at odds with the above.
                    Great politicians pursue the National interest and small politicians personal interests

Comment

Armenian and Russian scientists to discuss exploration of space

May 12, 2011 | 18:24

YEREVAN. – Armenian scientists will meet with Russian delegation in the Armenian National Academy of Sciences (NAS) to discuss bilateral cooperation in the field of space research.

The sides will discuss ways to cooperate in exploration of space.

Academicians, President of the National Academy of Science, researchers from Byurakan Observatory, Institute of Radio Physics, and the Institute of Electronics will participate.

Comment

Working...
                      X