Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Armenian war prisoner handed to a third country
    11 March 2009 [18:43] - Today.Az

Armenian soldier Paruyr Stepanyan fled into Azerbaijan in protest of violence and tyranny in Armenian Army, according to ANS-Press.

Armenian soldier Paruyr Stepanyan, who fled into Azerbaijani territory in May, 2008, in protest of violence and tyranny in Armenian Army , has been transferred to a third country.

Stepanyan made a statement on refusal from Armenian citizenship before.

/Day.Az/

URL: http://www.today.az/news/society/51007.html
    Azerbaboon: 9.000 Google hits and counting!

Comment

Any thoughts? Propaganda or somewhat true opinion by this man? There's some really ridiculous parts but the comments against Artsakh-Armenians have been seen before, particularly by Levonakan scum.
      ----------------------------------------------
      Armenian soldier: "I call on all Armenian soldiers to flee the country"

12 March 2009 [11:01] - Today.Az
      Armenian soldier Paruyr Stepanyan who fled Armenia last year in protest of widespread violence and tyranny in the Armenian Army has gained 24 kg weight, according to ANS Press.

Armenian soldier Paruyr Stepanyan who fled his country in 2008 in protest against widespread violence and tyranny in the Armenian Army has been handed to the third country in accordance with his own will. He said in his interview with ANS TV shortly before his departure that he spent a very pleasant year in Azerbaijan stressing that he did not even feel how the days passed. “I didn’t quite feel I was an imprisoner thanks to the people dealing with me. They developed a special program for me. I was watching TV and even walking out. I was also provided with plenty of food," Armenian soldier said.

Stepanyan who was only 48-kg in weight now added up to 24 kilos. He now weighs 72 kg. He also sent a message to a newly conscripted Armenian soldiers. “I call on them to pass to the Azerbaijani territory. I already know how hospitable Azerbaijani people are. They will get here everything they want to. I’m absolutely sure of that,” Stepanyan noted.

"I call on them to flee Armenia. Because they will forcibly be taken to the army and Daqliq Qarabaq. People don’t want to fight. I lived in Armenia myself. I know what is happening in the country. People don’t think about war. All Qarabaq Armenians have gathered in Yerevan. They kill the local Armenians. Because, the leaders of the country are also Qarabaqi Armenians. People perfectly understand that they can’t live in such a country”, he said.

Stepanyan says Armenians should make a decision about their future and should throw their weapons off and return the occupied territories to their true owners. He believes Armenia might develop only after taking that step. He preferred to keep it secret to which country he was going to. “I regret I can`t answer your question. It is connected with my security. You know that there is a terrorist organization called “ASALA”. Therefore I’m concerned about my safety." Stepanyan said.

/Day.Az/

URL: http://www.today.az/news/politics/51013.html
      Last edited by Federate; 03-12-2009, 07:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Federate View Post
        Any thoughts? Propaganda or somewhat true opinion by this man? There's some really ridiculous parts but the comments against Artsakh-Armenians have been seen before, particularly by Levonakan scum.
        ----------------------------------------------
        Armenian soldier: "I call on all Armenian soldiers to flee the country"

12 March 2009 [11:01] - Today.Az
        Armenian soldier Paruyr Stepanyan who fled Armenia last year in protest of widespread violence and tyranny in the Armenian Army has gained 24 kg weight, according to ANS Press.

Armenian soldier Paruyr Stepanyan who fled his country in 2008 in protest against widespread violence and tyranny in the Armenian Army has been handed to the third country in accordance with his own will. He said in his interview with ANS TV shortly before his departure that he spent a very pleasant year in Azerbaijan stressing that he did not even feel how the days passed. “I didn’t quite feel I was an imprisoner thanks to the people dealing with me. They developed a special program for me. I was watching TV and even walking out. I was also provided with plenty of food," Armenian soldier said.

Stepanyan who was only 48-kg in weight now added up to 24 kilos. He now weighs 72 kg. He also sent a message to a newly conscripted Armenian soldiers. “I call on them to pass to the Azerbaijani territory. I already know how hospitable Azerbaijani people are. They will get here everything they want to. I’m absolutely sure of that,” Stepanyan noted.

"I call on them to flee Armenia. Because they will forcibly be taken to the army and Daqliq Qarabaq. People don’t want to fight. I lived in Armenia myself. I know what is happening in the country. People don’t think about war. All Qarabaq Armenians have gathered in Yerevan. They kill the local Armenians. Because, the leaders of the country are also Qarabaqi Armenians. People perfectly understand that they can’t live in such a country”, he said.

Stepanyan says Armenians should make a decision about their future and should throw their weapons off and return the occupied territories to their true owners. He believes Armenia might develop only after taking that step. He preferred to keep it secret to which country he was going to. “I regret I can`t answer your question. It is connected with my security. You know that there is a terrorist organization called “ASALA”. Therefore I’m concerned about my safety." Stepanyan said.

/Day.Az/

URL: http://www.today.az/news/politics/51013.html
        He's a levonakan scum or this is xxxxing propaganda but what ever this is, this guy is a traitor and deserves to die nothing more or less. I hope he'll get what he deserves.

Comment

He sounds like in levonakan and the Azeris now how to use the propaganda in their favour by having him speak.

He is a traitor and represents everything that is dangerous for Armenia.

Comment

Originally posted by jgk3 View Post
            He sounds like in levonakan and the Azeris now how to use the propaganda in their favour by having him speak.

He is a traitor and represents everything that is dangerous for Armenia.
            The stupid idiot will be used as propaganda by the baboons even in the "3rd country" he's placed in, when he's served their purpose, they'll whack him and then blame Armenian terrorists.

Comment

Originally posted by hrai View Post
              when he's served their purpose, they'll whack him and then blame Armenian terrorists.
              sounds like a possibility.

Comment

Fresh accusations against Russia. Let's hope these continue and they piss off the Kremlin.
                -------------------------------------------------------
                Azerbaijan says Russia arming enemy Armenia

BAKU (Reuters) - Azerbaijan accused Russia on Friday of supplying arms to Armenia, its foe in one of the most intractable conflicts arising from the Soviet Union's collapse.

Azeri Deputy Foreign Minister Araz Azimov denied his country's oil-financed military expansion meant it was planning war to take back the region of Nagorno-Karabakh from Armenians, and said there was "no miracle" in sight to resolve the dispute.

"Armenia is being supplied by its military ally, Russia," Azimov, who is responsible for security issues at the foreign ministry, said in an interview with Reuters.

He said Moscow was equipping Armenia, its closest ally in the Caucasus, under cover of restocking its military hardware at the Russian military base in the Armenian town of Gyumri.

"We know that from time to time Russia is maintaining its presence in Gyumri. When new pieces are brought in, what happens to the old ones?" he said. "Things are coming in, and nothing is coming out."

Both Moscow and Yerevan have vehemently denied that Russia is supplying a military build-up in Armenia. Russia says it moved some troops and equipment to Gyumri after they pulled out of bases in neighbouring Georgia under an arms control pact.

Some analysts suggested last year's war between Russia and Georgia, also over an unresolved ethnic and territorial dispute, might revitalise efforts to resolve Nagorno-Karabakh, but diplomats say that beyond rhetoric there is little progress.

Ethnic Armenian separatists, backed by Armenia, fought a war in the 1990s to throw off Azerbaijan's control over mountainous Nagorno-Karabakh. An estimated 30,000 people were killed.

No peace accord has ever been signed, and the ceasefire is frequently tested by fatal exchanges of fire across the frontline. Armenia backs Nagorno-Karabakh's demand for independence, something Azerbaijan says it can never have.

SHIFTING POWER

But the balance of power in the region has shifted dramatically since the end of the Soviet Union. Azerbaijan's economic and military growth, based on oil exported westwards, has rapidly outpaced that of Armenia.

The mainly Muslim country, led by President Ilham Aliyev since he succeeded his father Heydar in 2003, refuses to rule out taking back Nagorno-Karabakh by force. Azerbaijan votes in a referendum next week on whether to scrap a two-term presidential limit, allowing Aliyev to run again in 2013.

Azimov said Azerbaijan, by growing its economy, its military and its image as a stable partner for the West, was trying to convince Armenia of the need to compromise.

But he denied Baku was looking for war, saying: "It's good to have a strong army, it's even better not to use it."

"We never said and we never say that we shall go to war with Armenia," he said. But with Armenia insisting on independence for the region, "I have to say that in all circumstances and by all means we will restore territorial integrity."

Azimov said he hoped the global economic crisis would force Armenia to give up demands for independence for the region, adding: "The time has come to think realistically for them."

Armenia has been hit hard by the crisis. Turkey's decision to close its border with Armenia in 1993 in solidarity with Azerbaijan has also taken its toll and shut Armenia out of lucrative energy transit deals currently enjoyed by Georgia.

The Kyiv Post Delivers Exclusive and In-Depth News and Opinions on Politics, Economics – Get Your Daily News Brief Direct from Ukraine Today!

Comment

Not too shabby, Mr. President.
                  --------------------------------------------
                  Barack Obama maintains military aid parity for Armenia and Azerbaijan

13.03.2009 20:24 GMT+04:00

/PanARMENIAN.Net/ The U.S. President Barack Obama signed a bill for 2009 financial year providing the maintenance of military aid parity to Armenia and Azerbaijan; $48 million in assistance to Armenia and another $8 million for Nagorno Karabagh, reported the Armenian National Committee of America to PanARMENIAN.Net.

“We would like to thank Chairwoman Lowey, Chairman Leahy, and all the supporters of Armenian American concerns on their two panels for reaffirming military aid parity, approving a robust aid package for Nagorno Karabagh, and doubling the Bush Administration's patently insufficient $24 million aid request for Armenia,” said Aram Hamparian, Executive Director of the ANCA. “We look forward, in the coming year, with a new Administration in the White House, to working with our Congressional friends to restore U.S. aid to a level commensurate with actual needs in Armenia, the many challenges she faces in the region.”

Comment

Is there a break down of the $48 million worth of military supplies?
                    "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

Originally posted by KanadaHye View Post
                      Is there a break down of the $48 million worth of military supplies?
                      I believe it's mostly in technical supplies such as modern communication devices and radar though I don't have a link to it.

But what's good about the article is that the Bush admin. was actively seeking to eliminate the obligation to maintain parity between us and the azerbaboons last year and actually award them with more money than us.

Comment

Working...
                      X