Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Originally posted by Surenas View Post
    Because the Mullah-regime is responsible for the execution of more than 30.000 Iranians, less freedom and more corruption. We have to deal with all kind of backward Islamic values. This period is the most darkest period in Iran's whole history.
    The Pahlavis and SAVAK killed much more people I'm sure.

Besides, this is an Armenian forum. Most here will be in support of an Islamic Republic because it supports Armenia over Azerbaijan.

Comment

Originally posted by Eddo211 View Post
      Armenia doesn't need the latest and the greatest at this time. Older aircraft with the Armenian touch will do just fine (what happened to Russian discounts btw). What Armenia needs is a viable small fleet that can maintain control of her airspace and fend off any Azeri air attacks. I don't expect Armenia right away to be able to go up against the Turkish airforce, this is why we have the Russian airbase with Russian migs. There should be no reason why Armenian fighter jets can't fly along side Russian pilots over Armenia.
      You want Russia just to give everything to Armenians for free or very low cost? They may consider it if they were to see Armenians become politically mature, and not flirting with the West or those morons who claim Russia is not an ally, etc. Armenian pilots receive their training from Russians, are you aware of that?

without proper air cover we will needlessly loose many of our boys on the ground sending them to the deaths. In regards to your bet that Russia would provide air cover during such an offensive I have many problems with that but I will go over two:

1- Russian pilots are not obligated to go all the way or risk their lives/aircraft in getting shotdown to save Armenian soldiers or Armenian towns if its too dangerous......now an Armenian pilot would be a different story, it would be his duty and honor to save the lives of his compatriots regardless of the danger and loosing his own life/aircraft.

2- If the offensive was successful we will never hear the end of it and the whole world will say that it was the Russians who won the war, not Armenians....and they will be right, even though Armenians did most of the work.
      First, you are assuming Armenian forces would march to baku. Marching to baku would be a political act rather than a military necessity. And if Russia were to give the green light, Armenia would ask them for air cover if it thought it needed it. Are you familiar with an alliance system? Russia would help out its ally, and the pilot would follow orders, that is what he is trained to do. What you are talking about are emotions, that is another story.
      Second, what does it matter what others will say, the bottom line will be that Armenia severely dominated azerbaijan, to the point that its soldiers marched all the way to baku. The taking of a capital city is the ultimate humiliation, and again, is a political act.
      For the first time in more than 600 years, Armenia is free and independent, and we are therefore obligated
      to place our national interests ahead of our personal gains or aspirations.

http://www.armenianhighland.com/main.html

Comment

Originally posted by Armanen View Post
        You want Russia just to give everything to Armenians for free or very low cost? They may consider it if they were to see Armenians become politically mature, and not flirting with the West or those morons who claim Russia is not an ally, etc. Armenian pilots receive their training from Russians, are you aware of that?

First, you are assuming Armenian forces would march to baku. Marching to baku would be a political act rather than a military necessity. And if Russia were to give the green light, Armenia would ask them for air cover if it thought it needed it. Are you familiar with an alliance system? Russia would help out its ally, and the pilot would follow orders, that is what he is trained to do. What you are talking about are emotions, that is another story.
        Second, what does it matter what others will say, the bottom line will be that Armenia severely dominated azerbaijan, to the point that its soldiers marched all the way to baku. The taking of a capital city is the ultimate humiliation, and again, is a political act.
        Completely agreed. Armenia would do well to get rid of its Russaphobes.

It's not just about politics. Armenian soldiers need to retake Baku with the same zeal that conquered Karabakh. Baku is, after all, an Armenian city.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmeniaSacra View Post
          Guys it's been really interesting reading your analyses. (With some reservations regarding political issues being discussed here rather than military). I don't want to sound the least enthusiastic Armenian, but I think we should be more realistic about what our army is capable of doing.
          At this point talking about "going all the way to Baku" is in least of the cases a childish dream, with or without a proper air force. Wars are not all about equipment. When we talk about reaching the Caspian, we're talking about 10s of thousands of kilometer squares of lands. Who the hell is going to control that? Our 50,000 active troops? You need half a million men to control such territory filled with enemy civilians!! You don't suggest we throw the 8 million Azeris living in Azerbaijan in the Caspian? Do you? (It'll pollute the Caspian and all the fish would die...poor fish)
          Capturing Baku does not only need a Russian approval...It also needs an international approval, and is a mission that can only be carried out by a major power like Russia. It's both unrealistic and the terrain is impossible to maintained after capture...specially by us. (We're talking about years of occupation of an enemy territories crawling with enemy x-military personnel and inhospitable local residents)
          And if we at some point capture these lands, and emtpied it of azeris...who's going to live in it? We're not even able to populate Karabakh let alone such a vast country.
          Well there is a difference between conquering a country and intending to incorporate it into the victorious state, and marching to the capital to humilitate the enemy and force an unconditional surrender. Consider the Prussian march to Paris in the Franco-Prussian war. It was not done because taking Paris was a military objective, it was done to humiliate the French and to show the rest of Europe that Prussia, later German Empire, was a serious power and now the dominant land power of Europe. So if Armenia's position is the former than you are correct, however what I mentioned was referring to the latter. The next war, if Armenia wins, must end the threat from azerbaijan once and for all, which means we must have unconditional surrender, and some territories should be in consideration for taking. A land connection with Russia would be great, but I agree, Armenian officials would have to think of how to displace the azeris that live there, and that is a big no-no in the current international system, where the West will brand a country as genocidal even if it is legitimately cleansing its lands of disloyal subjects. Case in point, Serbia's dilemma in Kosovo during the mid to late 90s. And remember that ethnic cleansing does not mean killing, it means deporting a population, which can be done relatively peacefully with little to no deaths.

In the next war I think our main mission should be to preserve our gains and capture some strategic heights to improve the defense of our final borders, since I believe the next war must end the Karabakh issue once and for all, and we need to establish better borders for Karabakh.
          In my opinion the next war will be a very short one, probably not more than few weeks at most, since Russia will try to come out as a victor in the region through Armenia, and the west will want Azerbaijan to quit fooling around and continue the oil supplies. To realize this; our priority should be to provide our troops with as much air cover as possible to conquer the difficult terrain. For that, some upgraded Su-25s will do a good job, so will Mi-35s. In addition to this we need to boost our anti-aircraft capabilities with mobile units as the Buk-M1 or Tor-M1, such systems could also provide good air cover to our troops that, in my opinion, after absorbing the Azeri blitzkrieg must try to counter attack not by advancing into 100s of kms of enemy territory, rather than advance for a very few kilometers maybe just to take position on hilltops and mountain tops that could in the future become natural defense positions and naturally defended borders of NKR and Armenia.
          Disagree. An Armenian victory MUST ensure an unconditional surrender and forever eliminate the threat posed by the regime in baku.
          For the first time in more than 600 years, Armenia is free and independent, and we are therefore obligated
          to place our national interests ahead of our personal gains or aspirations.

http://www.armenianhighland.com/main.html

Comment

I would like to start handing out an award on this forum. The first such award will be The Armenian Che Guevara award to our little revolutionary friend Davidoga.

Click image for larger version

Name:	che-guevara.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	9.5 KB
ID:	538864
            Last edited by Vahram; 06-13-2012, 01:44 PM.

Comment

Levon with his Hahoodi wife who was going to give it all the land back? Way to go ARF! What is next join the gay parade? Wait they already did that, now what? A Revolution?

Where is Che now?...LOL

What happened? We had no Armenian flag?
              Last edited by Vahram; 06-13-2012, 03:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmeniaSacra View Post
                Guys it's been really interesting reading your analyses. (With some reservations regarding political issues being discussed here rather than military). I don't want to sound the least enthusiastic Armenian, but I think we should be more realistic about what our army is capable of doing.
                At this point talking about "going all the way to Baku" is in least of the cases a childish dream, with or without a proper air force. Wars are not all about equipment. When we talk about reaching the Caspian, we're talking about 10s of thousands of kilometer squares of lands. Who the hell is going to control that? Our 50,000 active troops? You need half a million men to control such territory filled with enemy civilians!! You don't suggest we throw the 8 million Azeris living in Azerbaijan in the Caspian? Do you? (It'll pollute the Caspian and all the fish would die...poor fish)
                Capturing Baku does not only need a Russian approval...It also needs an international approval, and is a mission that can only be carried out by a major power like Russia. It's both unrealistic and the terrain is impossible to maintained after capture...specially by us. (We're talking about years of occupation of an enemy territories crawling with enemy x-military personnel and inhospitable local residents)
                And if we at some point capture these lands, and emtpied it of azeris...who's going to live in it? We're not even able to populate Karabakh let alone such a vast country.

In the next war I think our main mission should be to preserve our gains and capture some strategic heights to improve the defense of our final borders, since I believe the next war must end the Karabakh issue once and for all, and we need to establish better borders for Karabakh.
                In my opinion the next war will be a very short one, probably not more than few weeks at most, since Russia will try to come out as a victor in the region through Armenia, and the west will want Azerbaijan to quit fooling around and continue the oil supplies. To realize this; our priority should be to provide our troops with as much air cover as possible to conquer the difficult terrain. For that, some upgraded Su-25s will do a good job, so will Mi-35s. In addition to this we need to boost our anti-aircraft capabilities with mobile units as the Buk-M1 or Tor-M1, such systems could also provide good air cover to our troops that, in my opinion, after absorbing the Azeri blitzkrieg must try to counter attack not by advancing into 100s of kms of enemy territory, rather than advance for a very few kilometers maybe just to take position on hilltops and mountain tops that could in the future become natural defense positions and naturally defended borders of NKR and Armenia.
                Like arakeretzig, I agree 100% with what you've written
                General Antranik (1865-1927): “I am not a nationalist. I recognize only one nation, the nation of the oppressed.”

Comment

"In the next war I think our main mission should be to preserve our gains and capture some strategic heights to improve the defense of our final borders, since I believe the next war must end the Karabakh issue once and for all, and we need to establish better borders for Karabakh."

I thought we did that during the first war what happened? It was not enough was it, what fools we were! But then again the first lady at the time and her bou well you all know the story with that one now don't you? Or do you guys want another Yahoodi flag flying in an Armenian presidential election?

We were not even supposed to win the first war. I mean the leader was compromised to say the least and all the Armenians had were shutguns going up against formidable foes. And now we are to sit here and listen to another armchair general who says we can’t do it. Let us take a small chunck of land here and there and leave the problem unsolved. Had we gone ahead and finished it the first time we would not be here facing petro dollar army of theirs. From one General to another too shay!
                  Last edited by Vahram; 06-13-2012, 03:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ZORAVAR View Post
                    A very sensible and reasonable post.
                    Don't expect everyone to be as rational and realistic as you are. Patriotic emotionalism can sometimes take some of our dear posters all the way to Baku and beyond.
                    Some of them are learning a lot by reading this forum.

Anyways, back to topic.

In case of war, our leaders/commanders will have objectives/aims/goals at various levels.
                    Here is a realistic hierarchy of our goals in case we are attacked:

1. Immediate goal: Hold on to what we have and push the aggressor back.
                    2. Short term goal: Capture key points (like certain hills, villages etc.) that will make our positions more defensible in case of a prolonged conflict or a future war.
                    3. Medium term goal: Pushing the borders back to where it will be almost impossible for the enemy to wage another war against us in the future, while destroying its economy and infrastructure. For example, capturing the land all the way to the Kura river.
                    4. Long term goal: Conquer enough territory so that we have a common border with the Russian federation. That will change the whole geopolitics for the region and guarantee the survival and prosperity of our nation for a long period of time.

Capturing Baku is not interesting. They can keep it and drown in their own excrement or convert it to a city like Dubai, it is up to them.
                    Agree
                    General Antranik (1865-1927): “I am not a nationalist. I recognize only one nation, the nation of the oppressed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Vahram View Post
                      Levon with his Hahoodi wife who was going to give it all the land back? Way to go ARF! What is next join the gay parade? Wait they already did that, now what? A Revolution?

Where is Che now?...LOL

What happened? We had no Armenian flag?
                      Levon's son is an Israeli Citizen also.
                      Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
                      ---
                      "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

Working...
                      X