Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Bad news, Azerbaijan refusing to allow OSCE access to helicopter crash site. Something small like this can accidentally launch a new war where an Armenian military rescue effort comes under fire from Azeris & we shoot back.
    Azerbaboon: 9.000 Google hits and counting!

Comment

Originally posted by Federate View Post
      Bad news, Azerbaijan refusing to allow OSCE access to helicopter crash site. Something small like this can accidentally launch a new war where an Armenian military rescue effort comes under fire from Azeris & we shoot back.
      That wouldn't launch a war, but rather a series of border skirmishes. What are they rescuing? The pilots are most likely dead. They are not going to risk the lives of soldiers to recover a few charred corpses. They are just going to wait another week, to recover those poor victims, or at least until Azerbaijan decides to stop wasting ammunition. The OSCE reps are patient people, but what we can do is have them publicly condemn Azerbaijan, taking them away from their neutral stance in this dire situation. A war wont be triggered over a helicopter wreckage and 3 bodies, now if that was a civilian airliner, and the weapon was advanced missile systems..then we would have a real problem. Armenia does need to retaliate when the time comes, but sending tanks and BMPs to capture a destroyed helicopter, that poses no threat to Armenia or NKR, is pointless and will trigger more violence.
      Armenian colony of Glendale will conquer all of California!

Comment

Comment

I dont think we are doing enough politically...we should at least put all negotiations on hold and ask the inclusion of Karabakh in the negotiation process...we're just sitting there!!! I understand the military response will take time...but we could do much more noise politically and in much faster means...our diplomatic strategies have a lot of updating to do..,this is just disgracefull

Comment

Originally posted by ArmeniaSacra View Post
            I dont think we are doing enough politically...we should at least put all negotiations on hold and ask the inclusion of Karabakh in the negotiation process...we're just sitting there!!! I understand the military response will take time...but we could do much more noise politically and in much faster means...our diplomatic strategies have a lot of updating to do..,this is just disgracefull
            I agree that politically we do not do enough in these situations. I also think there needs to be a response plan in place for such incidents. Whatever harm they do to us we must unleash a much greater degree of destruction upon them to generate a deterrence effect. Shelling their positions with artillery seems like a good idea to me. I think the Azeris want to restart the war so i say slaughter as many of them as you can while they are laying there right on the border. They keep providing us with justifications to use force so i say we hit them where we will do most damage..we are obviously still at war and we need to act like it so long as our enemy wants to fight.
            Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Originally posted by Eddo211 View Post
              No, I see them at 500-400ft (152meters) altitude above terrain and airspeed not much more than 80 knots....once hit in thre cabin the fire would have reached the flying pilot. I see the helicopter descending at a rate of 700 ft/min in a shallow turn (5 to 15 degrees).
              My point is it doesn't matter where the aircraft crashed but where it was hit.
              Watch the video. It takes 4 to 5 seconds from the point the missile impact, to the helicopter hitting the ground. I know you can't directly see the ground where the helicopter crashed, but you can gesstimate based off the fireball . Your saying the rate of decent is 700fpm so that's about 12ft a second. How could they be flying at an altitude of 400-500ft if their rate of decent is 12ft/s, and they fall for 5 seconds?
              When I guessed they were flying at 50 meters, I took the known length of a mi-24(17.5meters or 57ft) and tryied to judge how many helicopter lengths the helicopter was from the ground, before being hit. Take a look at it. If they were flying at 400ft the helicopter would be about 7 full lenghths away from the ground. It doesn't look like 7 lengths to me.

Also t\your link is funny......NAP OF THE EARTH? lol, its map of the earth not nap. You take a nap you die flying tree tops bellow canyons, ect. You need to know that the Armenian choppers were not flying under the Radar, map of the earth.
              It's not something I came up with. Type "map of the earth flying" in Google and see what comes up.

I never claimed that....the 500 figure is altitude not distance covered over ground.
              Ok. If you read your last post I was quoting you can easily interpret it both ways. Post 17527
              Last edited by gokorik; 11-18-2014, 04:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chubs View Post
                I never said I dont doubt the official story, I have my doubts about what the MoD is telling us. I sincerely do not believe that it fell 20 meters from an Azeri position. Im pretty sure they weren't all huddled together in one space if they knew there was a hostile heli flying above their heads, they would get int their positions and engage it. Which leads me to wonder why to helicopter wasn't taking small arms fire, or maybe even fire from a KORD/NSV????

The only way to know what happened, is to know if that trench the footage and missile was fired at, was the frontline trench. To me, it sure does look like it was on the frontline.

(I am actually wondering why the helis were flying in formation, and not taking fire from small arms if they were over an Azeri trench??? That makes no sense, I would fire everything I had into that thing, any anti-aircraft gun at my disposable would have been firing, at those helis. And those helis wouldn't have been in formation if they were taking fire. The official Azeri narrative is fabricated, and not true. Now the question is, is the Armenian one the same? Were those helis unarmed?
                You have a point, since that would give them a motive to lie about it location. But why involve the Red Cross if the heli fell in Armenian territory, and you are trying to cover up the fact that the helicopters were armed. I would think the last thing you would want to do if your trying to hide the wreckage is involve authorities of any type. Still I see your point.

Comment

Posted on Trend.az

The coordinates to this place is 40° 2'11.06"N 47° 0'9.25"E Down to the right there is a grey sqaure that might be the roof from where the video of the crash was shot.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Are there any plans to acquire new equipment for the airforce? Is there any chance to get migs from the russian airbase? The armenian air force is not growing like it should.

Comment

Originally posted by Etchmiadzin View Post
                      Posted on Trend.az

The coordinates to this place is 40° 2'11.06"N 47° 0'9.25"E Down to the right there is a grey sqaure that might be the roof from where the video of the crash was shot.
                      Was there any third party verification of this? Considering it was from trend.az, gonna need some actual verification of what they are saying. (They might as well say an SU-25 shot down MH17) On top of that, we still need to know if that trench was the frontline, or a secondary trench.

This doesn't even correspond with the 20m claim lol.

My question is, does trend.az know that the helicopter was flying in formation and not taking small arms fire? Why does Azerbaijan block access for the OSCE if they have nothing to hide? (Still going to need a source on that)

Are there any plans to acquire new equipment for the airforce? Is there any chance to get migs from the russian airbase? The armenian air force is not growing like it should.
                      Planes and helicopters are expensive so, no.

Found the trend.az article:

Taking into account that the Armenian side is manipulating the information on the incident, and given the fact that flights over Azerbaijan’s occupied territories are banned, and uncoordinated flights over these territories are considered as a violation of Azerbaijan’s airspace, the ministry stated that the enemy helicopter that opened fire on Azerbaijani positions, was destroyed by a retaliatory fire.
                      Yes, even flying in NKR justifies your death and destruction, yea!

Sometimes I think these people forget there is a video...
                      Last edited by Chubs; 11-18-2014, 08:04 AM.
                      Armenian colony of Glendale will conquer all of California!

Comment

Working...
                      X