Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Originally posted by ASALA2116 View Post
    I completely agree with everything you wrote. After all the loss of lands our focus should be on preserving Artsakh and taking these Turkish pigs to court for Western Armenia. Lori screw those mutual defense agreements. Russia is apparently upset with Turkey but going to sign the Kars treaty . This is traitorous for an ally. Rely only on yourself. We are a poor country with no friends. So its only right we build an Arsenal offensively and defensively.. Armenian Government needs to invite the Diasporan leaders to help with this cause. They just need to stop with there selfish behavior and think of its future. Why can't we build missiles, rockets, planes ? Are we retarded? We are an educated people. We are not like Azeris or Turks. We just need to do it and get the right people on our side.
    The Kars Treaty was signed in 1921 by the Soviet Caucasus Republics. The Soviet Union attempted to annul it during the Cold War but relinquished all territorial claims to Turkey after the death of Stalin. The Russian Federation has no role other than supporting Armenian territorial claims politically. The Russian Federation is also not the Soviet Union, but is the successor state to it. Armenia and Turkey are the only parties to this dispute. You are seriously ill-informed on the issue.

So its only right we build an Arsenal offensively and defensively.. Armenian Government needs to invite the Diasporan leaders to help with this cause. They just need to stop with there selfish behavior and think of its future. Why can't we build missiles, rockets, planes ? Are we retarded? We are an educated people. We are not like Azeris or Turks
    And where do you suggest Armenia finds the resources to jump start a military-industry of such magnitude? Armenia is a land-locked country with hardly any resources and is plagued by corruption, war, etc Believing that we could start manufacturing military aircraft? Ballistic missiles? That's a pipe dream. Նույնիսկ էփած հավի ծիծաղն է գալիս. Even the assault rifles we design are somewhat impractical and archaic. (K-3 is designed to use rifle grenades when most post-Soviet states use the GP-25 and when grenade launchers are 10 times more effective. The K-11 is a bolt-action DMR. What is this? 1942?)

The development of Armenia rests on regaining our lost Western territories and the other half of the Ararat plain.
    Last edited by Lori; 06-03-2016, 05:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by burjuin View Post
      Առաջնագծի զինվորները

It is comforting to see mature faces with our youth as defenders.
      As always, thanks for these photos.

Comment

Originally posted by Lori View Post
        Believing that we could start manufacturing military aircraft? That's a pipe dream
        Armed UAV using a small Russian missile. Easy!

Comment

Believing that we could start manufacturing military aircraft? That's a pipe dream.
          Using a Manpad missile see. Top part around $2000 not sure what is the price of a manpad missile. We can have it in one year.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ArmedUAV.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	77.3 KB
ID:	539267

We can even use the N-2 produced in Armenia just build the disposable motor, guidance wings, and cam around the N-2
          Last edited by Azad; 06-03-2016, 06:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Azad View Post
            Armed UAV using a small Russian missile. Easy!

Using a Manpad missile see. Top part around $2000 not sure what is the price of a manpad missile. We can have it in one year.

ArmedUAV.jpg

We can even use the N-2 produced in Armenia just build the disposable motor, guidance wings, and cam around the N-2
            Lmao. Thats easier said and photoshopped than done.

UCAVs are very complex and expensive machines, with only a handful of countries actually operating UAV's capable of engaging ground targets. UCAV programs cost tens of billions of dollars. Most UAVs are used for target acquisition for a reason. Mounting a single MANPAD missile onto a light UAV the size of a bird? I don't think I need to explain why that is ridiculous. That is not how MANPADs and their missiles work, and just so you know MANPAD's are SAMs, not AGMs.

Azad jan, the N-2 is a static short-range MLRS that uses thermobaric RPG warheads. Its impossible for it to be even connected to the field of UAVs/UCAVs and even UGVs. (UAV can conduct target acquisition for the men operating the N-2, however that wouldn't even be necessary considering the range of the system. Thats as far as it goes) Its rocket artillery.

Azad, I suggest you read up on the military equipment you are talking about. However, you do have quite the imagination.

Comment

The road to Western Armenia its through the East

We must destroy Azerbaijan........then in 40 years maybe we can claim our Mt Ararat.

Remember guys who designed the Migs

Who designed MRI machine?
              B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

UCAVs are very complex and expensive machines, with only a handful of countries actually operating UAV's capable of engaging ground targets. UCAV programs cost tens of billions of dollars. Most UAVs are used for target acquisition for a reason. Mounting a single MANPAD missile onto a light UAV the size of a bird? I don't think I need to explain why that is ridiculous. That is not how MANPADs and their missiles work, and just so you know MANPAD's are SAMs, not AGMs.

Azad jan, the N-2 is a static short-range MLRS that uses thermobaric RPG warheads. Its impossible for it to be even connected to the field of UAVs/UCAVs and even UGVs. (UAV can conduct target acquisition for the men operating the N-2, however that wouldn't even be necessary considering the range of the system. Thats as far as it goes) Its rocket artillery.

Azad, I suggest you read up on the military equipment you are talking about. However, you do have quite the imagination.
                If hezbollah can have UCAV's,so can we

Comment

The Kars Treaty was signed in 1921 by the Soviet Caucasus Republics. The Soviet Union attempted to annul it during the Cold War but relinquished all territorial claims to Turkey after the death of Stalin. The Russian Federation has no role other than supporting Armenian territorial claims politically. The Russian Federation is also not the Soviet Union, but is the successor state to it. Armenia and Turkey are the only parties to this dispute. You are seriously ill-informed on the issue.

And where do you suggest Armenia finds the resources to jump start a military-industry of such magnitude? Armenia is a land-locked country with hardly any resources and is plagued by corruption, war, etc Believing that we could start manufacturing military aircraft? Ballistic missiles? That's a pipe dream. Նույնիսկ էփած հավի ծիծաղն է գալիս. Even the assault rifles we design are somewhat impractical and archaic. (K-3 is designed to use rifle grenades when most post-Soviet states use the GP-25 and when grenade launchers are 10 times more effective. The K-11 is a bolt-action DMR. What is this? 1942?)

The development of Armenia rests on regaining our lost Western territories and the other half of the Ararat plain.

In my opinion,bolt action is way better than automatic,haven't you ever noticed almost all sniper rifles used by the elite armenian snipers were bolt action? Also regarding the k-3,it can be easily adjusted to mount a grenade launcher on it...you should really have a look at what aspar arms produce(the snipers and assault rifles)

Comment

Originally posted by armo12 View Post
                    In my opinion,bolt action is way better than automatic,haven't you ever noticed almost all sniper rifles used by the elite armenian snipers were bolt action? Also regarding the k-3,it can be easily adjusted to mount a grenade launcher on it...you should really have a look at what aspar arms produce(the snipers and assault rifles)
                    Armo, bolt-action is standard for most sniper rifles, especially Western ones. However, it is unacceptable to call a bolt-action rifle a DMR. The K-11 obviously is a suggested replacement for the SVD, which is a semi-automatic sniper rifle/designated marksman rifle. (It has a unique role. It acts as both)

Its a must for a DMR to be semi-automatic.

I have yet to see any signs of compatibility with underbarrel attachments on the K-3. In every showcase, a rifle grenade is presented along with a Soviet-style optic. I've seen what aspar arms has developed and I have commented on it - In short, I see nothing special from them. It seems as if the majority of the rifles are modernizations or specializations of pre-existing rifles like the AK-74, PKM, SVD, etc etc. I have seen no conversions (like the K-3 - AK-74 to bullpup platform) or new designs from them that would be able to be used by the military on a noticeable level.

I did point out that their integrally suppressed AKs are impressive, but having something integrally suppressed restricts it to a certain role. I said before that I would like to see a modernized AK-74 design from them, similar to what the Poles did with their AKMs (FB Beryl).

I personally believe that we should focus on our UAV program and integrating it with our artillery troops - so we could provide them with pin-point target acquisition. (Suggested by a couple of other users before, I believe?)
                    Last edited by Lori; 06-03-2016, 11:12 PM.

Comment

It is a rough concept Baron Lori.

UCAVs are very complex and expensive machines, with only a handful of countries actually operating UAV's capable of engaging ground targets.
                      The concept is to mount anything the experts will think is appropriate for a Kamikaze delivery system.

UCAV programs cost tens of billions of dollars. Most UAVs are used for target acquisition for a reason. Mounting a single MANPAD missile onto a light UAV the size of a bird? I don't think I need to explain why that is ridiculous.
                      And what is israeli plywood kamikaze made out of? a lawnmower engine and and a half azz explosive charge that doesn't go off easy. They just did it while we are still talking 1950 warfares. We measure the thickness of armors, drooling on something that will be absolute in couple years. Also, nothing will fly in the air unless you accept its loss as a not a big deal. Better have 1000 kamikaze made in Armenia with of the shelve items at $2000 each for a two million dollars guided by young IT guys than purchase antiquated airplanes that neither side dares to fly.

That is not how MANPADs and their missiles work, and just so you know MANPAD's are SAMs, not AGMs.
                      I should have spelled it out it is a concept. They can mount anything they think is appropriate for specific targets. Nothing special about the SAM other than it sensor can be changed to another application. From Heat signal to "Mehmed" audio signal.

You are not thinking out of the box. Imagine the cam of the UAV that guides the disposable UAV as a Kamikaze to the target. Think of two sinked-in UAVs with one guidance with thermobaric RPG warheads made in Armenia that will go for the same target. If one is shot the other will reach the target, if they don't, next. They are disposable and plenty of them.

I suggest you think out of the box. We are not in 1950 drooling on the thickness of the next armored vehicle that is going to carry troops to where? the trenches? advance into enemy territory? Our fight is to sustain and repel the enemy with short range GUIDED targets.

Comment

Working...
                      X