Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Armenia - The Armenian military demonstrates Iskander missile systems during a parade in Yerevan, 21Sep2016. The fresh Russian arms supplies to Armenia mentioned by Zatulin stem, in part, from a $200 million Russian loan allocated in June 2015. The Armenian military has used that money for buying, among other things, Smerch multiple-launch rocket system, thermobaric and anti-tank rocket systems and shoulder-fired surface-to-air missiles. At its September 2016 parade in Yerevan, the military also demonstrated medium-range Buk air-defense systems and, more importantly, Iskander tactical missiles. Armenia most probably received the precision-guided missiles shortly before or after the four-day war in Karabakh. In October 2017, the Armenian government announced that Moscow will provide it with a further $100 million loan that will be spent on the purchase of more Russian weapons at internal Russian prices set well below international market-based levels.

Deputy Defense Minister Artak Zakarian said in December that the Armenian side has already finalized three defense contracts with Russian arms manufacturers as part of the loan agreement. Zatulin, who is known for his pro-Armenian views on the Karabakh conflict, on Monday also denounced Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev’s recent pledge to “return Azerbaijanis” to Yerevan and other parts of Armenia which he called “historic Azerbaijani lands.” “It’s just not clear how anyone can take such a statement seriously,” added the veteran lawmaker. The Russian Foreign Ministry also criticized Aliyev’s remarks last month. Nevertheless, the Azerbaijani leader repeated his claims last week.
    General Antranik (1865-1927): “I am not a nationalist. I recognize only one nation, the nation of the oppressed.”

Comment

• News.am, Armenia
      March 26 2018

Zatulin: Russia drew relevant conclusions after April 2016 incidents in Karabakh conflict
      17:48, 26.03.2018

YEREVAN. – After the April 2016 incidents which one of the parties provoked in Karabakh, the Armenian society had considerable dissatisfaction with Russia for supplying weapons to Azerbaijan.

Konstantin Zatulin, First Vice-Chairman of the Russian State Duma Committee for CIS Affairs, Eurasian Integration and Relations with Compatriots, on Monday stated the above-said during a press conference at the National Assembly of Armenia.

At the same time, however, he expressed regret that Azerbaijan had found no other means of using this weapon other than its utilization at the Nagorno-Karabakh (Artsakh) conflict zone, thereby violating the ceasefire that existed since 1994.

“Russia has drawn conclusions in connection with the upsetting of the balance in the region,” Zatulin added, “and provided the most up-to-date defense means to Armenia.”

Also, the Russian lawmaker noted that he and the overwhelming majority of the members of the Russian parliament favor traditional ties between Armenia and Russia.

And when asked how is it that Russia continues to supply weapons to Azerbaijan despite considering the fact that the Kremlin has already drawn some conclusions from what had occurred in April 2016, Konstantin Zatulin responded that although the weapon supply was carried out even after the incidents in April 2016, this was carried out on the basis of the contracts and agreements which Russia and Azerbaijan had signed earlier.

“It’s about simple types of weaponry,” noted the Russian MP, “ and not [about] the modern types of weapons which, by the way, were supplied to Armenia—moreover, under completely different terms.”

https://news.am/eng/news/443034.html
      General Antranik (1865-1927): “I am not a nationalist. I recognize only one nation, the nation of the oppressed.”

Comment

• ArmInfo, Armenia
        March 24 2018

Yaroslavl Radio Plant will continue cooperation with Armenia`s defense complex

Yerevan March 24

Alexander Avanesov. The Yaroslavl radio plant, part of the concern RTI, completed the first large contract with the Ministry of Defense of the Republic of Armenia. An agreement was signed to supply a foreign customer with a large batch of radio stations for infantry troops worth a total of 200 million RUR. As the portal "Yaroslavl region" informs, the general director of the enterprise Sergey Yakushev, who took part in the presentation of the region in the Armenian embassy in Moscow, informed about it the day before.

"This was the first serious contract on Rosoboronexport, and this year we completed the shipment of the entire consignment of our products to the Armenian military." We plan to sell two more orders in the near future. "One, for 60 million rubles, has already been signed with the Republic of Armenia, the amount of 200 million rubles, we plan to get through Rosoboronexport," said Sergei Yakushev, adding that negotiations are underway to establish a joint venture to operate and repair equipment.

Today, the Yaroslavl Region and Armenia are carrying out cooperation in the field of education, culture, as well as trade and economic cooperation. The turnover of the region with the republic in 2017 increased threefold compared to 2016 and amounted to $ 14.5 million, of which $ 14.3 million - the volume of exports.

"At the meeting in the embassy there were heads of Yaroslavl and Armenian enterprises, some of them have already established a strong partnership, in particular, there is active cooperation in the field of road machinery." We are happy to operate the machines your enterprises produce, Armenia in the Russian Federation Karen Asoyan, noting at the same time that the volume of goods turnover will also be allowed by products of the rubber technical industry and machine building enterprises of the Yaroslavl region.

In addition, the representatives of Armenia expressed interest in continuing the supply of agricultural products to Russia and the development of tourist interaction.

Comment

• Any truth to this? I seem to remember that Armenian border troops shifted positions and took several hectares on the border.

Newspaper: Armenia army controls Nakhijevan international airport?
          10:54, 24.03.2018

YEREVAN. – In Nakhijevan, we control a territory the size of Yerevan, including the international airport.

Mihran Hakobyan, a member of the ruling Republican Party of Armenia Faction at the National Assembly, told the aforesaid to Haykakan Zhamanak (Armenian Times) newspaper.

“Two days ago, he had declared about the Armenian side’s controlling 20 thousand hectares of land in Nakhijevan [exclave of Azerbaijan].

“In a conversation with us, Hakobyan noted that there has been a major change in the defense balance in Nakhijevan, whereas, for example, the Lele Tepe hill’s [in Nagorno-Karabakh (Artsakh)] capture by the adversary [Azerbaijan] has no significance at all.

‘“After the [military] operations in 2014, the Nakhijevan international airport and the city appeared in the fire accessibility zone of our position holders. (…). [As for] the 800 hectares [of lost Karabakh land] which is exploited, then it should be said that we control 15, 20 times more territory in Nakhijevan,’” wrote Haykakan Zhamanak.

https://news.am/eng/news/442746.html

Comment

• The HALO Trust

Comment

• Originally posted by Joseph View Post
              Any truth to this? I seem to remember that Armenian border troops shifted positions and took several hectares on the border.
              It is a mix batch. It seams there is unofficial agreement that villages exposed to the border have an upper hand in penetrating little into the other side's territory with trenches.
              The most apparent part is the extreme south we have one full hill under our control. That looks few hundreds of hectares. See attached picture.

Comment

• Originally posted by Joseph View Post
                Any truth to this? I seem to remember that Armenian border troops shifted positions and took several hectares on the border.

Newspaper: Armenia army controls Nakhijevan international airport?
                10:54, 24.03.2018

YEREVAN. – In Nakhijevan, we control a territory the size of Yerevan, including the international airport.

Mihran Hakobyan, a member of the ruling Republican Party of Armenia Faction at the National Assembly, told the aforesaid to Haykakan Zhamanak (Armenian Times) newspaper.

“Two days ago, he had declared about the Armenian side’s controlling 20 thousand hectares of land in Nakhijevan [exclave of Azerbaijan].

“In a conversation with us, Hakobyan noted that there has been a major change in the defense balance in Nakhijevan, whereas, for example, the Lele Tepe hill’s [in Nagorno-Karabakh (Artsakh)] capture by the adversary [Azerbaijan] has no significance at all.

‘“After the [military] operations in 2014, the Nakhijevan international airport and the city appeared in the fire accessibility zone of our position holders. (…). [As for] the 800 hectares [of lost Karabakh land] which is exploited, then it should be said that we control 15, 20 times more territory in Nakhijevan,’” wrote Haykakan Zhamanak.

https://news.am/eng/news/442746.html

As a rule of thumb, I do not thrust or believe anything from a member of ruling Republican Party since most of what they said and promised in the past have been nothing more than lies and PR to prolong and strengthen their rule.
                I too remember 3-4 years ago our troops realigning and repositioning in frontline with Nakhichevan. But it was in no man’s land between two sides located in Armenia proper. At that time what was heralded was the efficiency and smart move by our command that left azeris panicking as new positions were better strategically.
                Now bringing this and making an issue to put lele tepe in shadow is just an effort before upcoming Serj Sargsian taking over as prime minister.
                I also do not give sh I t to what Zatulin or any other Russian politicians say about arming Azerbaijan as actions speak louder than words.
                We have to worry even more now that Russia is getting closer with turkey and gets into agreements on strategic issues in turkey’sfavor. Like kurds.
                We should look at Nakhichevan becoming more and more a Turkish military base and platzdarm and question both Russia and our republican government and
                never Thrust both of them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hakob View Post

As a rule of thumb, I do not thrust or believe anything from a member of ruling Republican Party since most of what they said and promised in the past have been nothing more than lies and PR to prolong and strengthen their rule.
                  I too remember 3-4 years ago our troops realigning and repositioning in frontline with Nakhichevan. But it was in no man’s land between two sides located in Armenia proper. At that time what was heralded was the efficiency and smart move by our command that left azeris panicking as new positions were better strategically.
                  Now bringing this and making an issue to put lele tepe in shadow is just an effort before upcoming Serj Sargsian taking over as prime minister.
                  I also do not give sh I t to what Zatulin or any other Russian politicians say about arming Azerbaijan as actions speak louder than words.
                  We have to worry even more now that Russia is getting closer with turkey and gets into agreements on strategic issues in turkey’sfavor. Like kurds.
                  We should look at Nakhichevan becoming more and more a Turkish military base and platzdarm and question both Russia and our republican government and
                  never Thrust both of them.
                  Interesting take and I largely agree. Thank you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Azad View Post

It is a mix batch. It seams there is unofficial agreement that villages exposed to the border have an upper hand in penetrating little into the other side's territory with trenches.
                    The most apparent part is the extreme south we have one full hill under our control. That looks few hundreds of hectares. See attached picture.

Thank you!

Comment

• Razm.Info
                      Page Liked · March 23 ·

Ադրբեջանական լրատվամիջոցները և ֆեյսբուքյան հարթակները հայտնում են առաջնագծում կորստի մասին։ Սպանվածը Ջալիլաբադի շրջանի Ուզունթափա գյուղից Խայամ Փանահ օղլու Ռզաևն է (Rzayev Xəyyam Pənah oğlu)։

Բայց որոշ կասկածներ ունենք, վաղը օրվա ընթացքում կփորձենք մանրամասներ ճշտել, համոզվել, որ ապատեղեկատվություն չէ։

Comment

Working...
                      X