Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Prospects of a Kurdish state and what it means for Armenia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Prospects of a Kurdish state and what it means for Armenia

Originally posted by kurdman View Post
    Don't be a hypocrite, we both know small nations need the help of other bigger nations to survive, after all without the ruskies you would have been wiped off by now.

Also, if you have any scientific claims that Yezidis are not Kurds, please enlighten me! there are only 40,000 yezidis in Armenia, however there are 500,000 in Southern Kurdistan and just becuase a couple yezidis are being brain washed it does not mean anything.

Like I said, Yezidi sacred books are written in Kurdish.

P.S: We're no 'puppet' of the US, we do however have mutual interest, for example the US told Kurdish leaders not to take the Iraqi presidency however becuase it's in our interest to take the post we still did.
    What do you have to offer Armenia? As I see it, hostility towards two of our main allies as starters and claims on Armenian land. We don't need more Western puppets in the region we already have more than enough. You would be a puppet, American support doesn't come without a price. Azerbaijan is also a small country compared to some countries so following your logic we should support them?

You made the claim you should prove it. It's like if I said that pigs could fly I should be the one that should prove it and it wouldn't be up too you t disprove it.

Comment

The Yezidis self-identify themselves as such and actively ask the Armenian people to not think of them as Kurds. Read this http://www.armenianow.com/news/21560...entity_dispute
      Azerbaboon: 9.000 Google hits and counting!

Comment

Originally posted by Federate View Post
        The Yezidis self-identify themselves as such and actively ask the Armenian people to not think of them as Kurds. Read this http://www.armenianow.com/news/21560...entity_dispute
        Like I told you there are 500,000–700,000 world wide and only 40,000 in Armenia, the yezidis are a very religion orientated people, however their Emir and Prince has declared his stance on the issue and has reaffirmed his kurdishness.

Dohuk, Nov. 9 (AKnews) – Yezidi Emir, Tahsin Saeid Bek has said that there will be no compromise on the Kurdish origins of the religious minority and has praised the Kurdistan Regional Government for officially recognizing Yezidi religious holidays. (http://www.aknews.com/en/aknews/1/194338/).

We are aware of the Armenian governments plan for the Yezidis in their country, and Yezidis has asked the Kurdish government for help in terms of financial assistance, as according to the Kurds that are in Armenia that is not provided by your government to them! kind of a slap in the face for all the churches our government founded for Christians in Kurdistan.

Comment

Originally posted by KarotheGreat View Post
          What do you have to offer Armenia? As I see it, hostility towards two of our main allies as starters and claims on Armenian land. We don't need more Western puppets in the region we already have more than enough. You would be a puppet, American support doesn't come without a price. Azerbaijan is also a small country compared to some countries so following your logic we should support them?

You made the claim you should prove it. It's like if I said that pigs could fly I should be the one that should prove it and it wouldn't be up too you t disprove it.
          Wouldn't a puppet agree to anything their master says?

Talabani to Obama: Drop Dead

Iraqi President Jalal Talabani, one of America's closest allies in the country, has rebuffed the personal request of President Obama and Vice President Joseph R. Biden Jr. to relinquish his post as Iraqis form a new government in Baghdad.

Federal Iraq,kurdistan,kirkuk,Kurdistan iraq,Kurdistan parliament,Arab part of iraq,Kurdistan state,kurdistan president,barzani,iraq Constitution,Kurdistan Constitution,USA help,iraq liberation,Federal Shia Republic

The yanks need our political assistance in the central government to counter the Shia Arab radicals, so it's a mutual interest.

Comment

Wouldn't a puppet agree to anything their master says?

Talabani to Obama: Drop Dead

Iraqi President Jalal Talabani, one of America's closest allies in the country, has rebuffed the personal request of President Obama and Vice President Joseph R. Biden Jr. to relinquish his post as Iraqis form a new government in Baghdad.

Federal Iraq,kurdistan,kirkuk,Kurdistan iraq,Kurdistan parliament,Arab part of iraq,Kurdistan state,kurdistan president,barzani,iraq Constitution,Kurdistan Constitution,USA help,iraq liberation,Federal Shia Republic

The yanks need our political assistance in the central government to counter the Shia Arab radicals, so it's a mutual interest.
            The moment you are independent they don't "need" you anymore and you will need them for weapons and money because you'll have more than enough enemies. However you will be representing Western interests in the region that will be against the interests of Armenia and its allies. I don't see why Armenia or any Armenian would support the destabilization of the whole region and screw over its allies?

Comment

The moment you are independent they don't "need" you anymore and you will need them for weapons and money because you'll have more than enough enemies. However you will be representing Western interests in the region that will be against the interests of Armenia and its allies. I don't see why Armenia or any Armenian would support the destabilization of the whole region and screw over its allies?
              Armenian support is insignificant, we don't need it... what I'm saying is that people wrongly look at kurds and say they only have western interests in mind where as in reality we have our interests in mind, for example one of the biggest oil companies to invest in Kurdistan is actually Chinese!

China’s Sinopec has agreed to a $7.2 billion takeover of Switzerland-based oil company Addax, which has interests in Africa and the oil frontier of Iraqi Kurdistan.

Sinopec, one of China’s biggest oil companies, is buying Addax in a deal that would be the country’s largest ever outbound investment in the oil and gas sector.

If the US needs us, we also need them and therefore it's mutual interests and we don't say yes to whatever the US sais.

Comment

I suggest you read: Destination Iraqi Kurdistan: Manoyan Talks about ARF Suleimanieh Trip

YEREVAN (A.W.)—A delegation representing the Armenian Revolutionary Federation (ARF) attended the third convention of the Patriotic Union of Kurdistan Party (PUK), which kicked off on June 1 in the Suleimanieh area of Iraqi Kurdistan. Attending [...]

Comment

Armenian support is insignificant, we don't need it... what I'm saying is that people wrongly look at kurds and say they only have western interests in mind where as in reality we have our interests in mind, for example one of the biggest oil companies to invest in Kurdistan is actually Chinese!

China’s Sinopec has agreed to a $7.2 billion takeover of Switzerland-based oil company Addax, which has interests in Africa and the oil frontier of Iraqi Kurdistan.

Sinopec, one of China’s biggest oil companies, is buying Addax in a deal that would be the country’s largest ever outbound investment in the oil and gas sector.

If the US needs us, we also need them and therefore it's mutual interests and we don't say yes to whatever the US sais.
                  I don't care if you believe you'll be a tool for Western interest or not or what you think about Yezidis. The major point is that IF Kurdistan becomes independent it will bring instability and more hostility in the region and will be hostile towards two of our major allies.

Comment

I don't care if you believe you'll be a tool for Western interest or not or what you think about Yezidis. The major point is that IF Kurdistan becomes independent it will bring instability and more hostility in the region and will be hostile towards two of our major allies.
                    Your making a statement followed by no reasons, I therefore do not accept it, and I have provided evidence for yezidis and you have not, the only reason Iran supports you is to counter Azerbaijan, and the ruski consulate in Erbil already stated that Russia will recognise an independent Kurdistan not that we are in a rush to declare independence.

We could also promote nationalism between Chaldeans and Assyrians but instead we open cultural and historical centers for them, let them teach their language in schools and provide financial assistance to build new churches.
                    Last edited by kurdman; 06-04-2011, 02:32 PM.

Comment

As long as an independent kurdistan does not include Western Armenia, then it is not a major geopolitical issue for Armenia. Plus, Iran would handle itself just fine in a one on one stand off with the kurds. The Iranian military is in the top 3 of Middle eastern militaries, the kurds in N. Iraq have a long way to counter the Iranians militarily or even on the diplomatic front.
                      For the first time in more than 600 years, Armenia is free and independent, and we are therefore obligated
                      to place our national interests ahead of our personal gains or aspirations.

http://www.armenianhighland.com/main.html

Comment

Working...
                      X