Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Regional geopolitics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Regional geopolitics

Having said all that I just said and referred to should not be taken to mean I endorse Russia or china as an honest, well intentioned alternative.
    IMO, if you look at the main players, you see oligarchies. Each one has inriched themselves at the expense of the majority. Each one longs for power and exclusive power over the majority.
    They do the same as dodi, just in a larger scale.
    Still think at this point in time the Russia card is better than the other but that doesn't mean it's a good card, just the right card to play at this time.
    However impossible it seems, we need to look for alternatives.
    To gather amongst ourselves and examine the game and not just look for existing alternatives but imagine alternatives that don't exist as yet. Although we share in the same human foibles as they, we are different than them.
    As crazy as it sounds, I say look to the unthought of way. The existing way is fraudulent.
    If we continue to follow in their path, we will end up where they are going.
    Artashes

Comment

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
      Yes Arty .......with this discussion.
      My Dear,
      You still did not answer my humble and simple 2 questions.
      If you permit I will add a third, to encourage your answer:

1- Why does Armenia not export more Cognac, than what it does today? Is it because we do not have market/demand for it, or is it because we can not produce more ?? And if so why? (implicitly, will the protectionist policy you hope from the CU change anything in this figure, by itself?)

2- Who is going to invest in Armenia's technological electronic industry, and with who's know how ? (I call your attention, that I never challanged the human capital we are supposed to have in the sphere, so please, to not divert the question on a lektzia on our intellectual potential, as you did, since I do not argue, and take it as granted)

3- Why do we not export more Apricot, than what we do today. Is it because of a market, the CU is supposed to reserve, in your demonstration, or is the reason inherent to our political system, and agricultural policy??

I would be very grateful, if you spare us your usual smokeskreen, and use your thin skull, to inform us with facts.

PS: contrary to your affirmation, I saw no demonstration in all your said, let alone an analysis.
      An analysis with zero facts, figures, can't be.
      A professional economist, put aside a teacher of economics, must know that simple fact.
      Don't act.

Comment

Now why would i respond to you Vrej? All you do is disregard facts that do not fit your agenda and call me names. Things like cognac and apricots are simply examples just like playing basketball and typing were in that link i provided. Joining a trade union has across the board effect on pretty much everything traded - not just one or two things. To draw investment a country needs to be appealing to investors. Since you agree that Armenia has the human capital then you should also understand that this is the most important economic factor and another important one is security both legal and physical. The reason why some investors shy away from Armenia is because its legal system can be compromised and because it is always teetering on the brink of war and annihilation, plus it is blockaded. As you can see these are systemic issues which effect pretty much everything across the board. By dwelling on cognac or apricots you are missing the whole point. This issue is not about this or that thing it is about everything. In addition to market factors there are also strategic factors which draw investment from the Russian government into Armenia. These investment can be joint projects with the Armenian government or firms or solo projects by Russian government or firms or some other gove and firms..what matters far more then whose project this is - is that the project takes form and is implemented. Regardless of who starts or owns these projects/businesses they will generate jobs and income for the Armenian population.
        Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
          Now why would i respond to you Vrej? All you do is disregard facts that do not fit your agenda and call me names. Things like cognac and apricots are simply examples just like playing basketball and typing were in that link i provided. Joining a trade union has across the board effect on pretty much everything traded - not just one or two things. To draw investment a country needs to be appealing to investors. Since you agree that Armenia has the human capital then you should also understand that this is the most important economic factor and another important one is security both legal and physical. The reason why some investors shy away from Armenia is because its legal system can be compromised and because it is always teetering on the brink of war and annihilation, plus it is blockaded. As you can see these are systemic issues which effect pretty much everything across the board. By dwelling on cognac or apricots you are missing the whole point. This issue is not about this or that thing it is about everything. In addition to market factors there are also strategic factors which draw investment from the Russian government into Armenia. These investment can be joint projects with the Armenian government or firms or solo projects by Russian government or firms or some other gove and firms..what matters far more then whose project this is - is that the project takes form and is implemented. Regardless of who starts or owns these projects/businesses they will generate jobs and income for the Armenian population.
          My Dear,
          What facts? You never present facts, only your opinions....
          Proof just above.
          None of the 3 questions are answered with facts.
          As usual;

Concerning name calling: it seems sarcastic, from your part... since you are the champion of the discipline down here.

Comment

Khrim: stakes behind the scenes.

Apart from the evident geopolitical, and geostrategical factors well known, concerning Khrim, there is an other one, no one talks about yet:
            The fate of the Ukrainian & Russian EEZ (Exclusive economic Zones) in the Black Sea, and by then, the fate and stakes in South Stream.
            As a matter of fact, most of Ukrainian EEZ in the Black Sea, is due to Khrim's strategic location.
            See here the border limitation as of now:

If Khrim changes hands, so will do at least 60% of its EEZ, that will go to Russia.
            Basically, Ukrain's EEZ will be limited to less than half of the Azov Sea, and a less than 200 Km deep zone, not much bigger than the Romanian and Bulgarian EEZ cumulated.
            But most of all, the Ukrainian EEZ will no more border the long turkish EEZ, and by that, the Khrim/Russian EEZ will border Romanian and Bulgarian EEZ, directly.

As a result, that hugely expensive project called South Stream, of at least 15 Billion, exclusively for its Black Sea bed part, and long of roughly 1100 Km, passing by the deepest and accidented parts of the seabed (expensive and complicated in engeneering), will now be able to cross by land all of Khrim, and need to cross something like 300 Km in much shallow waters, from Sevastopol to the Romanian coast of Sulina.

The evident loosers, are not necessarily Ukraine, since anyway Ukrain was to loose the transit fees of the gas, if South Stream was to be built.
            The biggest looser will probably be Bulgaria, since probably Russia will not see any need to finance a longer stretch to Burgas, and most of all Turkey.
            As a matter of fact, Turks did manage to be in a unique monopolistic position (their famous "hub"), when the supposed Nabucco or South Stream, were both forced to pass by their territoty or their EEZ .
            In accepting the passage of the South Stream by its EEZ, Turkey basically betrayed Ukrain, the UE, and the US, for easy to earn royalties, costing nothing. A gift from Allah.

Now, most probably, Turkey will no more be needed.
            This may change its position toward reviving Nabucco??

Any way, the cost of the project will shrink, may be less than 5 Billion, from the original 15, concerning its Black Sea section, and thus, after first stage turmoil being down, the newer Version of Khrimyan Stream will be built;
            Unless Ukrain manages to reinsure Gazprom from any future conflict possibility, dissuading from the project all toghether..., or if the EU manges to impose a final Veto on its Balkan members participation.....???

Comment

Now having read my post, compare it to this proffessional analyst's view, who states real facts of immediate financial flows, to bypass the longer, strategic stakes I mentioned.

-------------------------

Gazprom May be Seriously Hurt by the Crimean Conflict
              For many years, Gazprom executives were talking about the elimination of gas transit through Ukraine. Their dreams may turn into reality any day now. This is too early, as there are no pipelines to replace the Ukrainian ones yet.
              Crimean conflict has increased the risk of interruption of transit flows of Russian gas through Ukraine to Europe. Ukrainian radicals may be tempted to punish Vladimir Putin by breaking into regional offices of Ukrtransgaz and turning off the taps.
              Last year, about 55 percent of European gas exports of Russia were shipped through Ukraine. In case of emergency, Gazprom and the EU can quickly reduce the Ukrainian share to one-third by fully loading the Nord Stream pipeline. However, without Ukrainian transit, Russian gas export monopolist would be able to fulfill just about two-thirds of its contractual obligations.
              The timing of conflict is bad for Gazprom. It is early spring now and gas demand for space heating is going down every day. Ukraine would be able to survive without any imports of Russian gas until about mid-October. Having Nord Stream fully loaded, European customers are unlikely to notice the loss of one-third of daily flow of Russian gas until the next winter. Note, that the winter of 2014-2015 may create serious problems for everybody if there is not enough gas injected into storage facilities in Western Ukraine.
              Unlike Ukraine and European importers, the state-controlled Russian giant cannot afford losing a third of its monthly export revenue even for one month. Especially, if it is combined with complications in getting loans from foreign banks (suggested by State Secretary John Kerry). There are no money in the federal budget for additional subsidies to Gazprom and Russian government has already promised to freeze the domestic price of gas (not that the end use industrial price of gas in Russia is the same as in the US).
              Vladimir Putin has a choice between withdrawing from Crimea and seriously hurting or even bankrupting Gazprom. I think, for Russia's president Gazprom is a way more important. So, facing the US and the European Union, Putin is likely to blink first.
              Mikhail Korchemkin
              East European Gas Analysis
              Malvern, PA, USA

March 2, 2014

Source: Natural Gas for Europe

Comment

Posts #545 & 546 above seem to conflict.
                #545 shows clear Russian advantage of (1) dramatically shorter undersea route + all Russian territory to Romania, (2) completely eliminates either / or turc/Ukraine added charges, (3) 5 billion cost as opposed to 15 billon cost, (4) no more hissy fits by Ukraine as they'd be completely out of the loop, (5) urope pays less because no Ukraine or turc added cost.
                The analysis in post # 546 states Gasprom cannot afford to lose 1/3 revenues per month & this will buckle Russia's knees causing them to blink first.
                I seriously doubt that.
                We will see soon enough.
                Artashes

Comment

Mikhail Korchemkin and Vrej are smoking the same western weed. It makes them feel good but distorts reality. Russia is not letting go of Crimea no matter what the west does.
                  Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Originally posted by Artashes View Post
                    Posts #545 & 546 above seem to conflict.
                    #545 shows clear Russian advantage of (1) dramatically shorter undersea route + all Russian territory to Romania, (2) completely eliminates either / or turc/Ukraine added charges, (3) 5 billion cost as opposed to 15 billon cost, (4) no more hissy fits by Ukraine as they'd be completely out of the loop, (5) urope pays less because no Ukraine or turc added cost.
                    The analysis in post # 546 states Gasprom cannot afford to lose 1/3 revenues per month & this will buckle Russia's knees causing them to blink first.
                    I seriously doubt that.
                    We will see soon enough.
                    Artashes

The operative statement has to be do not believe everything you read.

Everything that is written these days is written to pursue a political agenda, (crudely speaking, propaganda ).

Having said that I found the first article quite an eye opener.

Russia can eat Crimea, the question has to be will it be able to digest it.

Politics is not about the pursuit of morality nor what's right or wrong
                    Its about self interest at personal and national level often at odds with the above.
                    Great politicians pursue the National interest and small politicians personal interests

Comment

Ղարաբաղի նախադեպը եւ Ղրիմը

ՀԱՅԿԱԶՆ ՂԱՀՐԻՅԱՆ, Գլխավոր խմբագիր
                      Երեքշաբթի, 11 Մարտի 2014,

Հայաստանում չեն դադարում քննարկումները «Ղրիմի նախադեպի» վերաբերյալ: Կան կողմ եւ դեմ տեսակետներ այն հարցի շուրջ, թե արդյոք Ղրիմում ներկայում տեղի ունեցողը նախադեպ է Ղարաբաղի համար, եւ որքանով դրանից կշահեն Ղարաբաղը եւ Հայաստանը:
                      Ընդ որում, այս հարցի շուրջ բավական ակտիվ է նաեւ ռուսական քարոզչությունը, որը գեներացնում է «Ղրիմի նախադեպի» թեման հայկական շահերի տեսանկյունից: Սա հասկանալի է, քանի որ Ղրիմի հարցում Ռուսաստանը մնացել է միայնակ, եւ նրան անհրաժեշտ են «գաղափարակիցներ»:
                      Ռուսաստանը եւ Ղարաբաղի ինքնորոշման իրավունքը
                      Նախադե՞պ է արդյոք Ղրիմը Ղարաբաղի համար: Հետաքրքիր է սակայն, որ չի արվում հետեւյալ հարցադրումը՝ իսկ գուցե Ղարաբա՞ղն է եղել նախադեպ Ղրիմի համար, քանի որ Ղարաբաղում ինքնորոշման շարժումը տեղի է ունեցել երկու տասնամյակ առաջ: Այս դեպքում, ընդհանրապես կարիք չէր լինի խոսել «Ղրիմի նախադեպի» մասին:
                      Իրականում հենց այդպես էլ եղել է, եւ պետք է ուշադրություն դարձնել հետեւյալ հանգամանքին՝ ինչպե՞ս է Ռուսաստանն արձագանքել Ղարաբաղի ինքնորոշման շարժմանը: Առնվազն երկու պատժիչ գործողություններով, որի արդյունքում ոչնչացվել են տասնյակ հայկական բնակավայրեր, տեղահան արվել տասնյակ հազարավոր հայեր: 1990-ականների սկզբներին:
                      «Ղարաբաղյան կարգավորման» շրջանակում Մոսկվան ամեն կերպ խոչընդոտել է Ղարաբաղի միջազգային ճանաչմանը, Ղարաբաղի ինքնորոշման իրավունքին: 2008-ին Մոսկվան փորձ արեց Ղարաբաղը վերադարձնել Ադրբեջանին, ստանձնելով «ղարաբաղյան կարգավորման» առաջամարտիկի դերը: Սակայն փորձը տապալվեց:
                      Վերջին տարիներին Ռուսաստանը Ադրբեջանին զինում է ժամանակակից հարձակողական զենքով, մի երկրի, որը սպառնում է Ղարաբաղի ու Հայաստանի անվտանգությանը:
                      Նույն 2008-ին, ռուս-վրացական պատերազմից հետո, Ռուսաստանը ճանաչեց Աբխազիայի եւ Հարավային Օսիայի անկախությունը: Այդ ժամանակաշրջանում տեղի ունեցավ նույն քննարկումը «նախադեպի» վերաբերյալ: Սակայն ՌԴ ԱԳ նախարար Լավրովը հայտարարեց, որ Աբխազիայի եւ Հարավային Օսիայի ճանաչումը որեւէ կերպ չի ազդի «ղարաբաղյան կարգավորման» վրա, քանի որ «Ղարաբաղն այլ դեպք է»: Ղրիմի իրադարձությունների կապակցությամբ Լավրովը դեռեւս նման հայտարարություն չի արել, բայց կանի, իրավիճակը «խաղաղվելուց» հետո:
                      Իսկ ո՞րն է Ռուսաստանի նման վերաբերմունքի պատճառը: Այն, որ նման նախադեպերը վտանգում են հենց Ռուսաստանին, նկատի առնելով բավական ուժեղ էթնիկ տարածաշրջանների առկայությունը եւ «պատմական հանգամանքները»: Այդ պատճառով, Ռուսաստանի նախաձեռնած «նախադեպերը» պետք է լինեն քիչ ինչ այլ տրամաբանության մեջ՝ միակողմանի: Այս քաղաքականության տրամաբանությամբ՝ «Ղարաբաղն այլ դեպք է», որովհետեւ այն Ռուսաստանը չէր նախաձեռնել:
                      Ղարաբաղի նախադեպը
                      Ղարաբաղն իսկապես այլ դեպք է: Դա հասկացել են ամբողջ աշխարհում, բացի հայերից: Այլապես, երկու տասնամյակ անց նման խնդիր չէր քննարկվի, այլ՝ լիովին այլ հարցեր, կապված «ղարաբաղյան նախադեպն» ամրապնդելու եւ նոր աշխարհակարգում արժանի տեղ ու դեր ստանձնելու հետ:
                      Փոխարենը, այդ նախադեպը երկու տասնամյակում մսխվեց եւ քրեական ու այլ բնույթի խմբավորումների ձեռքին վերածվեց մանրադրամի՝ Հայաստանում իշխանության եւ ազգային բարիքի բաշխման համար պայքարում:
                      Իսկ ի՞նչ էր կատարվել Ղարաբաղում: Ղարաբաղում տեղի ունեցավ ինքնորոշման դասական շարժում, միջազգային նորմերին լիովին համապատասխան: Ադրբեջանը պատասխանեց պատերազմով, որում պարտություն կրեց, չնայած Ռուսաստանի օգնությանը:
                      Սակայն, Ղարաբաղյան շարժումն ուներ մեկ այլ ուժեղ կողմ. Այդ շարժումն իր տրամաբանությամբ լիովին համարժեք էր աշխարհում տեղի ունեցող գլոբալ զարգացումներին եւ քաղաքակրթական գործընթացի մի մասն էր, ընդ որում՝ էական մասը: Կարելի է կատակ համարել «Բեռլինի պատը մունք ընք քանդալ» ղարաբաղյան խոսքը, սակայն խորքում դա ճշմարտություն էր: Այսինքն, հայ ժողովուրդը մասնակիցն էր նոր աշխարհակարգի կերտմանը: Նման «կարգավիճակ» ունեցող ժողովուրդը չէր կարող պարտվել, ով էլ դուրս գար նրա դեմ:
                      Ի՞նչ է ներկայում մնացել այդ «կարգավիճակից»: Հայերը, որպես հանրություն, խորքում այդպես էլ չգիտակցեցին այս իրողությունը, եւ մինչ օրս նախադեպեր են որոնում ամենուր, ներկայում էլ՝ Ղրիմում:
                      «Ղրիմի նախադեպը»
                      Ի՞նչ է կատարվում Ղրիմում: Ղրիմի իշխանությունը հռչակել է անկախություն եւ հանրաքվեի է դրել Ռուսաստանին միանալու հարցը: Ռուսաստանը զորք է մտցրել Ղրիմ եւ ակնհայտորեն մասնակցում է ինքնավարության ներքին գործերին: Այս ֆոնին, Ղրիմի ինքնորոշման շարժումը ձեռք է բերում արտաքին ագրեսիայի եւ անեքսիայի հատկանիշներ: Այսինքն, Ռուսաստանն իր գործողություններով հնարավորություն չի տալիս Ղրիմի ժողովրդին ծավալել միջազգային իրավական նորմերին լիովին համապատասխան շարժում:
                      Մյուս կողմից, Ուկրաինայի իրադարձությունները ցույց տվեցին, եւ ավելին, դարձան նոր աշխարհակարգի հաստատման «երկրորդ փուլի» կատալիզատոր, որի բնութագրական գծերն են 19-րդ դարի տիպի կայսրությունների վերջնական փլուզումն ու նոր էլիտաների առաջացումը: Մոսկվայում ակնհայտորեն շտապում են լուծել Ղրիմի հարցը եւ միացնել թերակղզին, քանի որ իրադարձությունները զարգանում են մեծ արագությամբ: Այսինքն, գործ ունենք «միակողմանի նախադեպի» հետ:
                      Այս տեսակետից, արդյոք Ղրիմի ինքնորոշման շարժումը համարժեք է քաղաքակրթական ներկայիս զարգացումներին ու տրամաբանությանը: Եւ արդյոք «Ղրիմի նախադեպն» այլ կազմավորումների ու պետությունների հարցում լինելու է ազատության եւ ինքնիշխանության նախադեպ:
                      Ռուսաստանը պետք է միացնի Ղրիմը, այլապես կդադարի լինել ազդեցիկ պետություն: Այս տեսակետից, նրա գործողությունները թեեւ աղմկոտ, սակայն տրամաբանական են:
                      Նախադեպի արժեքը
                      Ընդհանրապես, ուժեղ են այն հանրությունները, որոնք իրենք են ստեղծում նախադեպեր: Հայերը ստեղծել են այդպիսի մի նախադեպ, բայց այդպես էլ չեն հասկացել դրա արժեքը: Իսկ եթե չես գիտակցում, ստիպված ես հույս դնել այլոց վրա եւ դատողություններ անել «անարդար աշխարհի», «երկակի ստանդարտների» եւ այլ անհեթեթությունների մասին:
                      - See more at: http://www.lragir.am/index/arm/0/pol....V501G2sW.dpuf

Comment

Working...
                      X