Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Who owns what in Armenia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Who owns what in Armenia

I don't want to sound rude or bad but you got to understand whatever these journalists are doing is wrong. It's not helping with anything in fact its causing mass amount of people leaving the country.

Comment

Gevz, I regularly read armenian news.am and a few other you included in your "spy" list. While I can't speak for those, I can speak on behalf of the news sources in the US and they are all negative. You will hardly ever find anything positive in the news. If this is the reason you are dismissing these news sources then I would suggest giving an example of which news you would prefer for us to read.

Here are the current headlines on CNN
      It could get worse
      US Military mistakenly shipped anthrax to 9 states
      Drug more lethal than cocaine
      Mob burns teen girl alive
      Nebraska repeals death penalty

Originally posted by Gevz View Post
      I don't want to sound rude or bad but you got to understand whatever these journalists are doing is wrong. It's not helping with anything in fact its causing mass amount of people leaving the country.

If you think thousands of people are annually leaving their homeland because of what ArmeniaNow posts on their website, I don't know what to tell you..
      Last edited by Shant03; 05-27-2015, 04:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shant03 View Post
        Gevz, I regularly read armenian news.am and a few other you included in your "spy" list. While I can't speak for those, I can speak on behalf of the news sources in the US and they are all negative. You will hardly ever find anything positive in the news. If this is the reason you are dismissing these news sources then I would suggest giving an example of which news you would prefer for us to read.

Here are the current headlines on CNN
        It could get worse
        US Military mistakenly shipped anthrax to 9 states
        Drug more lethal than cocaine
        Mob burns teen girl alive
        Nebraska repeals death penalty

If you think thousands of people are annually leaving their homeland because of what ArmeniaNow posts on their website, I don't know what to tell you..
        It's not just what 'Armenianow' posts. It's a combination of news agencies like i listed before the purpose of these news agencies is to make people get fed up with what is doing on if you think this isn't doing that i don't know what to tell you.

It doesn't happen over night it - it serves 2 purposes 'getting' people together and creating protests ( U.S designed way of changing/destabilizing countries) and makes people leave when they feel helpless. The protests have happened everyday almost people gathering around and protesting and other morons joining in with no idea what they are protesting about.

In the early 90s while i was living in Armenia.

We had no

Electricity ( sometimes had power for only an hour a day )
        Very little food
        No proper medical
        No law
        No proper shops to go and buy anything
        We pretty much had nothing.

FAST FORWARD 20 years. we have everything we didn't have '20 years' ago. yes wages are low in Armenia, but you can manage to live. NOW.....ask yourself just why are people leaving the country? It's a combination of things and those combination of things and the major thing is 'media' if you keep sending out a messages how bad things are eventually you brainwash people even the ones that are living normal life.

Comment

A person who lives in Armenia knows that corruption is wide spread, knows certain things are not perfect and is fed up as it is - by reminding and showing him about the negative things every fricken day by 15 agencies you are making this person more depressed more helpless and eventually making this person look elsewhere to live.

If you think media is not playing a role in this you are mad.

Comment

It takes balls of steel because you have someone powerful behind you.

Since you read Hetq please provide me with 10 positive articles / things that they have written about in the last 2months? Here are hetq's current articles.

Sadly today, the lake located three kilometers southeast of Dsegh village in the north of Armenia, is losing water.

The No. 6 kindergarten in the town of Armavir has been closed for three days due to an intestinal flu outbreak that landed a bunch of kids, aged 3-6 in the hospital on May 18.

http://hetq.am/eng/news/60308/yereva...ts-frozen.html
            These to me are public interest issues.
            Some illegal actions, some public official failures etc.
            Can you suggest how should these be highlighted so the authorities act on them.

I could go on but i rather not. They have been reporting about problems/investigating problems inside the country for a good 10 years as far as i can remember - HAS ANYTHING CHANGED IN THAT 10 YEARS? HAS ANY CORRUPT OFFICIAL LOST A SLEEP OVER IT? HAS ANYONE BEEN LOCKED UP FOR 20 YEARS?

Answer is NO.

Clearly what they are doing is not helping 'fix' the problem. The reason why i call them spy agents because they do nothing good for the homeland but damage and brainwash and make people upset and eventually those same good citizens get fed up and leave the country - if you can't see a problem in this we are on a different page.
            I think your problem is you do not understand how civil society functions.
            You must be brainwashed with the communist centralised system where all decisions and initiatives come from high up.

In a democracy initiatives come from both the authorities as well as common society ( people not in power).
            One of their spokespersons is the press. That is all responsible press are doing.

The fact that no action is taken by the authorities is because they are corrupt and incompetent, or rather partly competent.

If Armenia is a democratic country then these people should not be elected.
            The question has to be how do they end up being elected.

That is where you should look for spy and traitors not in the people who are highlighting shortcomings of the authorities.

Another thing, if you call campaigning journalists spies then if individual citizens complain then you will also describe them as enemies of the state.

THAT WILL PUSH US BACK TO THE COMMUNIST DAYS
            Last edited by londontsi; 05-27-2015, 05:29 PM.
            Politics is not about the pursuit of morality nor what's right or wrong
            Its about self interest at personal and national level often at odds with the above.
            Great politicians pursue the National interest and small politicians personal interests

Comment

Originally posted by londontsi View Post

You must be brainwashed with the communist centralised system where all decisions and initiatives come from high up.

In a democracy initiatives come from both the authorities as well as common society ( people not in power).
              One of their spokespersons is the press. That is all responsible press are doing.

The fact that no action is taken by the authorities is because they are corrupt and incompetent, or rather partly competent.

That is where you should look for spy and traitors not in the people who are highlighting shortcomings of the authorities.

Another thing, if you call campaigning journalists spies then if individual citizens complain then you will also describe them as enemies of the state.

No such thing as democracy. It's only a word.

Comment

No such thing as democracy. It's only a word. lets not forget communist took down nazis not democracy.

We do have individual citizens who are enemies of the state they are.

Raffi hovhanissyan
                Levon
                Hayrikyan
                Richard giragosian ( biggest CIA agent )
                Jirayr sefilyan ( i can't be 100% sure about him but i'll say 50% chance he is working for someone or he has lost the plot - organising a protest for the 24th of april nutjob)

want me to keep listing them? they are our modern day traitors(wh0res who sell there mothers for money) and are prepared to sell our country.
                Last edited by Gevz; 05-27-2015, 05:50 PM.

Comment

No such thing as democracy. It's only a word.

Again you seem to lack understanding of words.

Democracy does not mean a perfect system.
                  It is another system as is authoritarianism.

What is sad is when people declare themselves democrats and act as authoritarians.

No different when people called themselves communists and acted like capitalists!!!!

And some people got brainwashed by the systems.

Politics is not about the pursuit of morality nor what's right or wrong
                  Its about self interest at personal and national level often at odds with the above.
                  Great politicians pursue the National interest and small politicians personal interests

Comment

Again you seem to lack understanding of words.

Democracy does not mean a perfect system.
                    It is another system as is authoritarianism.

What is sad is when people declare themselves democrats and act as authoritarians.

No different when people called themselves communists and acted like capitalists!!!!

And some people got brainwashed by the systems.

It's not another system. It's a fraud.

System of corruption/killing/exploiting/making money/and caring only about money. i agree this is democracy.

Comment

It's not another system. It's a fraud.

System of corruption/killing/exploiting/making money/and caring only about money. i agree this is democracy.
                      I cannot tell you how nice it is to see someone besides myself on this forum who sees democracy for what it has morphed into. It is indeed a fraud and extremely harmful to the whole world as it is practiced in USA. This is not to say it cannot ever work but even when it does it is always just a matter of time before it becomes corrupted. Two facts no one can argue with is that democracies are by far the most warlike and corrupt governments compared to all other types of governments. Things like election fraud, corruption, brainwashing, warmongering... may exist in all forms of governments but they reach their pinnacles only in a democracy.
                      As for media coverage it is refreshing to see that even the most ardent supporters of the west see Lragir as the treacherous poison that it is. I am not familiar with the other publications to comment on them. I wonder what happened to that Vrej1915 guy? I guess the CIA/Turkish funding dried up...
                      Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Working...
                      X