Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Myth of Khojaly "Massacre"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Myth of Khojaly "Massacre"

22 տարի առաջ փետրվարի 26-ին ինքնապաշտպանական կամավորական ջոկատների կողմից իրականացված փայլուն ռազմագործողության արդյունքում վերացվեց ադրբեջանական ևս մեկ կրակ...

Comment

Very impressive job by the American Armenian community and the Armenian National Committee of America. In the 3+ months of 2014, Azerbaijan is 0 out of 5 in its pathetic Khojaly bs n the United States: Hawaii, South Dakota, Wyoming, Tennessee, and now Mississippi. They are picking the most obscure and (other than hawaii) the most redneck states, with the the lowest number of armenian populations. There is nothing that comes after Mississippi in the obscure and redneck scale.

‘‘Golos Armenii’’: After Azerbaijani “caviar diplomacy” failed in U.S. Azerbaijani diplomats resorted to lies in state of Hawaii
      Last edited by Mher; 04-09-2014, 07:29 PM.

Comment

Rednecks seem to be pro Armenian and anti Islam.....especially in the south.....surprisingly there are small Armenian communities in those states.
        Every time I am on deployment I try to find local or closest Armenian church/school/community in that state/city. Oklahoma, Texas, Florida, etc...

I have come to believe no matter where you go on this planet you will find an Armenian representative......I mean look, who would think there will be Armenians in Alaska's frontier and then Artashes shows up, see what I mean.

btw, where are you Artashes....with weather being good you should have good communication with the outside world.
        B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Originally posted by Eddo211 View Post
          Rednecks seem to be pro Armenian and anti Islam.....especially in the south.....surprisingly there are small Armenian communities in those states.
          Every time I am on deployment I try to find local or closest Armenian church/school/community in that state/city. Oklahoma, Texas, Florida, etc...

I have come to believe no matter where you go on this planet you will find an Armenian representative......I mean look, who would think there will be Armenians in Alaska's frontier and then Artashes shows up, see what I mean.

btw, where are you Artashes....with weather being good you should have good communication with the outside world.
          That's a very interest point actually. I never thought about it, but you're right. It seems sad that they've had more success in the more educated, and Armenian populated NE than the south and midwest. Does anyone know how many states have actually recognized this bs? From the wikipedia page at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khojaly...#Commemoration they list:

Khojaly massacre was recognized and commemorated at various levels in a number of US states, including the states of Massachusetts,[85] New Jersey,[86][87] Texas,[88] Georgia,[89] Maine,[90] New Mexico,[91] Arkansas,[92][93] Oklahoma,[94] Tennessee,[95][96] West Virginia,[97] Connecticut[98][99] and Florida.[100]

However, I clicked through most of the links and they were all bullxxxx. Either they were resolutions simple being introduced by a single representative like the 5 states this year, or they were reports by Azeri News that was clearly fabricated since they statements and quotes that don't show up on any non-azeri website. It seems to me, the number is pretty close to 0.

Also, as far as Armenians go, that's very true. The only 2 Hawaii Armenians I had ever met were the same ones who showed up to the Hawaii congress to derail that resolution. And ya where is Artashes, I noticed about a week ago that he had stoped posting since about 3/25
          Last edited by Mher; 04-09-2014, 09:54 PM.

Comment

The ?meskheten Turk? Women who said the Armenian soldiers gave her and the other kojoly people their food was the best example of the decent Armenian conduct to the non combatants of kojoly. The turk (?azeri?) lies and fabrications are just that , lies and fabrications. They are such a fraudulent and pathetic lot.
            I'm up on an island just off the arctic coast in the Beaufort sea. 12 hrs on & 12 off. Sometimes it takes me 13 or 14 to get the job done. Reception is sporadic and hours so long, I just read the new posts but don't participate as I need sleep.
            A month or 6 weeks, maybe 7 and I'll be back below the arctic circle again with more time.
            Thanks for asking and keep up the good work. Others read this forum to find out the truth cause they aren't going to get it on a turk or turk (azeri) forum.
            The truth about kojoly and how the Armenian side left a --- SAFE --- corridor for the kojoly noncombatants and the turk (azeri) did murder those noncombatants so they could frame Armenians needs to be repeatedly told to this shallow world or the constant lies of the turks (azeri) will be the only story out there. Every time that lie is told, we need to step up and point out that the azeri (turk) killed their own citizens for they don't even care about them, just their heartless agenda.

Comment

Originally posted by Artashes View Post
              The ?meskheten Turk? Women who said the Armenian soldiers gave her and the other kojoly people their food was the best example of the decent Armenian conduct to the non combatants of kojoly. The turk (?azeri?) lies and fabrications are just that , lies and fabrications. They are such a fraudulent and pathetic lot.
              I'm up on an island just off the arctic coast in the Beaufort sea. 12 hrs on & 12 off. Sometimes it takes me 13 or 14 to get the job done. Reception is sporadic and hours so long, I just read the new posts but don't participate as I need sleep.
              A month or 6 weeks, maybe 7 and I'll be back below the arctic circle again with more time.
              Thanks for asking and keep up the good work. Others read this forum to find out the truth cause they aren't going to get it on a turk or turk (azeri) forum.
              The truth about kojoly and how the Armenian side left a --- SAFE --- corridor for the kojoly noncombatants and the turk (azeri) did murder those noncombatants so they could frame Armenians needs to be repeatedly told to this shallow world or the constant lies of the turks (azeri) will be the only story out there. Every time that lie is told, we need to step up and point out that the azeri (turk) killed their own citizens for they don't even care about them, just their heartless agenda.

That's pretty amazing Artashes, sitting in the California 90 degree weather I can't imagine what must be like. what are up to up there?

Comment

Originally posted by Artashes View Post
                Just wanted to know my brotherman is OK....damn Artashes, that is tough work, I know how it is to work over 12 hrs (I think my record was 36 hrs one shift) but your job seems more elbow grease in it with weather.
                be safe Artashes (your safety comes first) keep us updated as time allows, make it back soon to arctic circle, Gods speed, over and out.

on topic:
                Federate will know best if we have improved in the last few years on the defense of the "Information war" against Armenians. I remember then and I still think we are loosing this war but I do see improvements as well in our part in this internet world.
                B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Originally posted by Eddo211 View Post
                  Just wanted to know my brotherman is OK....damn Artashes, that is tough work, I know how it is to work over 12 hrs (I think my record was 36 hrs one shift) but your job seems more elbow grease in it with weather.
                  be safe Artashes (your safety comes first) keep us updated as time allows, make it back soon to arctic circle, Gods speed, over and out.

on topic:
                  Federate will know best if we have improved in the last few years on the defense of the "Information war" against Armenians. I remember then and I still think we are loosing this war but I do see improvements as well in our part in this internet world.
                  That was a very informative thread. It was one of the main 2 threads along with the Military Balance thread up until a year ago. It's disappointing that it died off. I think we're doing a decent job, specially considering the fact that our end is entirely grassroots driven versus a side that has unlimited funds for its propaganda such as 15 mill/year to stick its bull on a La Liga club's jersey

Comment

Originally posted by Mher View Post
                    That was a very informative thread. It was one of the main 2 threads along with the Military Balance thread up until a year ago. It's disappointing that it died off. I think we're doing a decent job, specially considering the fact that our end is entirely grassroots driven versus a side that has unlimited funds for its propaganda such as 15 mill/year to stick its bull on a La Liga club's jersey
                    Yes, that was an excellent and accurate account of the turk (azeri) fraudulent conduct concerning Kojoly and how they azeri (turk) were responsible for their own citizens deaths (murder).
                    We (Armenians) gave both combatants and noncombatants plenty of notice we were comming to stop the turk (azeri) from firing rockets at Stepanekert from there (Kojoly), plus we repeatedly announced a safe corridor (exit) for the noncombatants.
                    There are other good sources and videos that prove we (Armenia) was both kind and considerate as well concerning Kojoly.
                    You are absolutely right Mher in pointing out that the turk (azeri) has huge financial resources to spread their lies and propaganda while we Armenians have only grass roots endeavor to get the TRUTH out.
                    Ocean is frozen. This is where a certain polar bear population sets out for the ice cap.
                    Also the "DEW Line" early warning radar is here.
                    Their drilling exploratory now + insulating runaway so permafrost doesn't melt (military). Other things also.
                    Remote place.
                    Ice and snow drifts as far as one can see.
                    Gotta go to sleep so I can do it again tomorrow.

Comment

• Re: Myth of Khojaly "Massacre"

From Baku to Nashville, with Love
                      May 20, 2014 -
                      by Giorgi Lomsadze

Nashville, Tennessee has apparently become another unlikely proxy battleground for a war going on a world away -- between Armenia and Azerbaijan, which both are busy building strategic alliances in the United States.

If he had known what precarious territory he was wading into, state lawmaker Joe Towns would have probably thought twice before pushing a resolution in support of energy-rich Azerbaijan into Tennessee's House of Representatives. The Memphis Democrat's mission, however, did not go unnoticed by the ever-alert Diaspora-Armenian community and eventually resulted in a scathing exposé by Nashville-based News Channel 5.

In an investigative piece, the CBS-affiliate claimed that Towns, a Memphis Democrat, allegedly had accepted $10,000 in campaign donations from seven supposedly Azerbaijan-linked sources. When confronted by the station's chief investigative reporter, Phil Williams, Towns could not coherently explain what motivated him to lobby for Baku-Nashville friendship or who were the alleged campaign contributors.

Williams implied that Representative Towns’ story was a case of Azerbaijan buying lawmakers in Tennessee to promote questionable policies.

The reporter's sole commentator, Barry Barsoumian, identified as an Armenian immigrant and activist, pointed at the suspicious link between the “strange” resolution, which eventually flopped, and the murky donors. The concerned Barsoumian also presented the channel with the Armenian version of the decades-long confrontation between the Caucasus nations over the breakaway territory of Nagorno Karabakh.

Hot on the topic, the News Channel 5 reporter then began asking questions about a re-election valentine sent to Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev from the Tennessee governor’s office. “Congratulations on your re-election!” enthused Tennessee State Commissioner of Safety and Homeland Security Bill Gibbons in a message to Aliyev in 2013, when the Azerbaijani leader got himself a controversial third consecutive presidential term, reported News Channel 5. The station did not hesitate to provide the chorus for international criticism of the vote, quipping in its headline “Congratulations on your rigged re-election!”

It's unclear how much of this story the good people of Tennessee were able to grasp, but it's clear to viewers by now that some countries with exotic names and exotic interests are up to something in the Music City.

But this is not the first time that Tennessee politicians have heard tell of the Caspian-Sea country.

Last March, following the example of other state legislatures, the House of Representatives adopted a resolution commemorating the 1992 massacre of ethnic Azeris at Khojaly in Nagorno Karabakh. The primary sponsor? Legislator Towns.

Interest in Azerbaijan also has surfaced among the state's nine congressional representatives. Namely, Rep. Steve Cohen (D) , who co-chairs the Congressional Azerbaijan Caucus, and, like Towns, hails from Memphis. Rep. Cohen has signed onto the Congressional Caucuses on Turkey and on US-Turkey Relations and Turkish Americans as well. Azerbaijani and Turkic activist publications also name Tennessee Rep. John J. Duncan, Jr. ( R ), as a member of the Congressional Azerbaijan Caucus, although the congressman's site does not identify him as such.

But, as in its home region, Azerbaijan, a relative latecomer to the US lobbying scene, has its match in this game of influence.

Earlier in May, California, the main population center for Diaspora Armenians in the US, passed a resolution calling for independence of ethnic-Armenian-dominated Karabakh, which Azerbaijan is struggling to reclaim.

Attempts to pass rival resolutions on Karabakh or Khojaly look likely to continue to pop up in various states. Azerbaijan is trying translate its growing oil-and-gas wealth into lobbying fodder, while Diaspora-Armenian communities are committed to keeping Azerbaijani influence over US politics at bay.

Meanwhile, ordinary US voters are left struggling to make sense of it all.

-- Elizabeth Owen added reporting to this post.

Comment

Working...
                      X