Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!


2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.


- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.


8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Politics in Hayastan

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: Politics in Hayastan

    Originally posted by HyeSocialist View Post
    Armenians from Armenia are very different than Armenians from the USA and Armenians from anywhere else.
    95% or more of Armenians in Armenia, USA, France, Canada, Australia, Beirut, Aleppo, Baghdad, Iran, Greece...are united in one aspect. They believe Armenia needs a sympathetic external power in order to survive (be it, Russia, USA/NATO , Iran etc).

    So when Gorbachev and the western media both appeared to favor the Azerbaijani position Armenians from all geographical and political backgrounds began to fear that Karabakh would be lost

    Comment


    • Re: Politics in Hayastan

      Originally posted by HyeSocialist View Post
      There is a guy on here who continues to go off on "western shekelist", ... They (Armenians form Armenia) almost remind me of a lot of the alt-right people here in the United States.
      go off on "western shekelist" is what alt-right does! ... for some unknown reason?

      "AZERBAIJAN WANTS PAN-ARAB SUMMIT WITH ISRAEL, ENVOY SAYS"

      http://www.jpost.com/Israel-News/Pol...oy-says-488063

      Comment


      • Re: Politics in Hayastan

        Originally posted by Azad View Post
        go off on "western shekelist" is what alt-right does! ... for some unknown reason?

        "AZERBAIJAN WANTS PAN-ARAB SUMMIT WITH ISRAEL, ENVOY SAYS"

        http://www.jpost.com/Israel-News/Pol...oy-says-488063
        It's not a conspiracy, dude. Israel buys oil from Azerbaijan and Azerbaijan buys weapons from Israel. A part of the deal is getting good press for Azerbaijan's authoritarian regime, which kind of calms Israeli society into believing that it is helping a friend of Israel instead of a corrupt regime.

        Comment


        • Re: Politics in Hayastan

          Originally posted by HyeSocialist View Post
          It's not a conspiracy, dude. Israel buys oil from Azerbaijan and Azerbaijan buys weapons from Israel. A part of the deal is getting good press for Azerbaijan's authoritarian regime, which kind of calms Israeli society into believing that it is helping a friend of Israel instead of a corrupt regime.
          Who is talking of “conspiracy” duuude?
          If the Rwandans got involved in constantly attacking Armenians they will be mentioned instead.
          They can sleep all day together, see if I care.
          But when the shekelist go out of their way on attacking Armenia and its interest, apparently mentioning it is viewed as “conspiracy” you might as well add “antisemitism”.

          Comment


          • Re: Politics in Hayastan

            Originally posted by Azad View Post

            http://www.jpost.com/Israel-News/Pol...oy-says-488063
            He noted that Israel broadly accepts Baku’s claim over the territory of Nagorno-Karabakh, a region that has been the subject of conflict between Azerbaijan and Armenia since the fall of the Soviet Union.

            “The Israelis support Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity – what the Israelis are doing is recognizing the chain,” Suleymanov said. “You have territorial integrity issues today in Ukraine, in Georgia, Moldova and in Azerbaijan. They’re all very similar, to be honest. It’s an occupation of territory, controlled by someone else, in violation of sovereignty.
            What about democracy? In this case the opinion of the majority inside Karabakh?

            Comment


            • Re: Politics in Hayastan

              Originally posted by lampron View Post
              What about democracy? In this case the opinion of the majority inside Karabakh?
              The irony is that what Israel accepts abroad seems to go against what Israel does at home, as in the settlements in the West Bank.

              Comment


              • Re: Politics in Hayastan

                Originally posted by lampron View Post
                95% or more of Armenians in Armenia, USA, France, Canada, Australia, Beirut, Aleppo, Baghdad, Iran, Greece...are united in one aspect. They believe Armenia needs a sympathetic external power in order to survive (be it, Russia, USA/NATO , Iran etc).

                So when Gorbachev and the western media both appeared to favor the Azerbaijani position Armenians from all geographical and political backgrounds began to fear that Karabakh would be lost
                The only time Armenians are united is during war.......I thought all Turks knew this.

                Armenia realizes their position and dependency on a powerfull ally for national security but are now more independent with Armenia independance and liberation of ancient Artsakh.
                Armenians of today do not follow victim mentality but move forward as victors. Only things would get alot better in Armenia if Turkish blockade would be removed. Illigal blockade.
                B0zkurt Hunter

                Comment


                • Re: Politics in Hayastan

                  Originally posted by lampron View Post
                  What about democracy? In this case the opinion of the majority inside Karabakh?
                  Conceptually Democracy sounds great, but in practice there is nothing great about it. That is the problem with democracy and the same problem has persisted for thousands of years. Over that period manipulation of democracies has become more complex and more effective. Democracy has become a tool for those looking to use the masses to do their own bidding. A great comparison would be religion and how it blinds people to the truth and is used to justify any and all evil. It is no surprise that many people take the bait hook line and sinker as that is exactly what the master manipulators want to happen. It was a democracy that put Socrates to death for simply stating the truth thousands of years ago and it is a democracy today that prevents the truth from being heard as well. There are many effective tools in this world that can be used for various purposes but what they are actually used for will depend on the motives of the people using them.
                  Hayastan or Bust.

                  Comment


                  • Re: Politics in Hayastan

                    Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
                    Conceptually Democracy sounds great, but in practice there is nothing great about it. That is the problem with democracy and the same problem has persisted for thousands of years. Over that period manipulation of democracies has become more complex and more effective. Democracy has become a tool for those looking to use the masses to do their own bidding. A great comparison would be religion and how it blinds people to the truth and is used to justify any and all evil. It is no surprise that many people take the bait hook line and sinker as that is exactly what the master manipulators want to happen. It was a democracy that put Socrates to death for simply stating the truth thousands of years ago and it is a democracy today that prevents the truth from being heard as well. There are many effective tools in this world that can be used for various purposes but what they are actually used for will depend on the motives of the people using them.
                    As opposed to what, haykakan? BLATANT DICTATORSHIP? OLIGARCHY? What is your beef with democracy and why do you think it is worse than the oligarchy right now, or the dictatorship that was the Soviet Union?

                    Comment


                    • Re: Politics in Hayastan

                      Originally posted by HyeSocialist View Post
                      As opposed to what, haykakan? BLATANT DICTATORSHIP? OLIGARCHY? What is your beef with democracy and why do you think it is worse than the oligarchy right now, or the dictatorship that was the Soviet Union?
                      You've missed the point (completly)!!!
                      To recognize democracy is and has been corrupted does not mean the only alternative is dictator or oligarch. Thats simply dumb or baiting.
                      first, one needs to recognize the corruption. Without this recognition, one cannot move forward.
                      Where does moving forward lead ? Thats what we are searching for !!!
                      Original democracy in Greece was inherently corrupt, because it was only for the wealthy land owners.
                      modern democracy is precisely the same with the uninformed masses being manipulated to come out with the identical outcome desired by the wealthy manipulators.
                      To point out that democracy is corrupted does NOT mean dictatorship or oligarchy is the only alternative.
                      Thats simply ridiculous.
                      HARK

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X