Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!


2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.


- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.


8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Politics in Hayastan

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: Politics in Hayastan

    Originally posted by Artashes View Post
    You've missed the point (completly)!!!
    To recognize democracy is and has been corrupted does not mean the only alternative is dictator or oligarch. Thats simply dumb or baiting.
    first, one needs to recognize the corruption. Without this recognition, one cannot move forward.
    Where does moving forward lead ? Thats what we are searching for !!!
    Original democracy in Greece was inherently corrupt, because it was only for the wealthy land owners.
    modern democracy is precisely the same with the uninformed masses being manipulated to come out with the identical outcome desired by the wealthy manipulators.
    To point out that democracy is corrupted does NOT mean dictatorship or oligarchy is the only alternative.
    Thats simply ridiculous.
    How is democracy in countries like Switzerland corrupt?

    Comment


    • Re: Politics in Hayastan

      Originally posted by HyeSocialist View Post
      How is democracy in countries like Switzerland corrupt?
      You dancing around the point.
      The accusation of corruption of democracy is clearly aimed at usa, euro fraudulent manipulation which is leading the world dialog.
      To bring in examples of places like swiss or nordic is adeception to point away from the BLATANT fraud of democracy as practiced by the corruption of democracy by usa/euro which are the undisputed lead democracys.
      Your using miniscule Switzerland. As a definition when the conversation is clearly about the cor ruption of the giants, usa/euro ???
      Your argument is merit less and fraudlent in its represent.
      And for the record, have you seen any documentary wirks on the heroin park in Switzerland ?
      HARK

      Comment


      • Re: Politics in Hayastan

        Originally posted by Artashes View Post
        You dancing around the point.
        The accusation of corruption of democracy is clearly aimed at usa, euro fraudulent manipulation which is leading the world dialog.
        To bring in examples of places like swiss or nordic is adeception to point away from the BLATANT fraud of democracy as practiced by the corruption of democracy by usa/euro which are the undisputed lead democracys.
        Your using miniscule Switzerland. As a definition when the conversation is clearly about the cor ruption of the giants, usa/euro ???
        Your argument is merit less and fraudlent in its represent.
        And for the record, have you seen any documentary wirks on the heroin park in Switzerland ?
        I would hardly call the Swiss miniscule. And for what it's worth, the EU is a democracy. A functioning one with checks and balances. The United States is as well, but there is a heavy capitalist influence in the USA that is deteriorating it. It seems you have a problem with the United States and some Western European countries, not democracy.

        Comment


        • Re: Politics in Hayastan

          Originally posted by HyeSocialist View Post
          How is democracy in countries like Switzerland corrupt?
          That country is not only corrupt it is the world hub for corrupt people from all around the world.
          As for their "democracy", they are just lucky to be surrounded by countries that have been their sand bags.
          Check WWII history and on.

          https://www.theguardian.com/business...ce-switzerland

          https://www.wsj.com/articles/inside-...ery-1445506381

          Comment


          • Re: Politics in Hayastan

            Artsakh elections are model of democracy......even the west admitted this fact.
            B0zkurt Hunter

            Comment


            • Re: Politics in Hayastan

              .



              .
              Politics is not about the pursuit of morality nor what's right or wrong
              Its about self interest at personal and national level often at odds with the above.
              Great politicians pursue the National interest and small politicians personal interests

              Comment


              • Re: Politics in Hayastan

                Originally posted by Azad View Post
                That country is not only corrupt it is the world hub for corrupt people from all around the world.
                As for their "democracy", they are just lucky to be surrounded by countries that have been their sand bags.
                Check WWII history and on.

                https://www.theguardian.com/business...ce-switzerland

                https://www.wsj.com/articles/inside-...ery-1445506381
                I think you're taking small instances of illegal activity and trying to make people believe that the entire society or swiss system, or even the EU system is corrupt. I don't see corruption there. See the list below. I think Armenians have lived in so many truly corrupt countries that when they hear of or end up living in functioning societies they have no idea how to explain it.

                https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corrup...ceptions_Index

                Comment


                • Re: Politics in Hayastan

                  I strongly encourage most of my country men not to confuse democracy and human rights with siding with the West or the USA. Human Rights and Democracy are universal. Don't let the US led wars of imperialism under the name of democracy and human rights sway you away from what those concepts really are! That is how people like Asad and Putin scare their people away from their full potential in order for their authoritarian regimes to thrive. Armenia CAN be a democracy, Armenia CAN have human rights for all, and it doesn't have anything to do with the EU or USA. It's all about empowering all Armenians, in Armenia and the diaspora. There are non-Western models for this success in Uruguay, in Singapore, in South Korea, Japan and Taiwan. Look at the positive society's on this planet for ideas, not the negative ones!

                  Comment


                  • Re: Politics in Hayastan

                    btw, the US of A is not a democracy........it is a republic with some democratic values.
                    Europe is democracy.
                    B0zkurt Hunter

                    Comment


                    • Re: Politics in Hayastan

                      Originally posted by HyeSocialist View Post
                      I strongly encourage most of my country men not to confuse democracy and human rights with siding with the West or the USA. Human Rights and Democracy are universal. Don't let the US led wars of imperialism under the name of democracy and human rights sway you away from what those concepts really are! That is how people like Asad and Putin scare their people away from their full potential in order for their authoritarian regimes to thrive. Armenia CAN be a democracy, Armenia CAN have human rights for all, and it doesn't have anything to do with the EU or USA. It's all about empowering all Armenians, in Armenia and the diaspora. There are non-Western models for this success in Uruguay, in Singapore, in South Korea, Japan and Taiwan. Look at the positive society's on this planet for ideas, not the negative ones!
                      My problem is not with Democracy but with the notion that Democracy is inherently a good thing and the best option. Democracy is just another form of government and it has its strengths and weaknesses when compared to the other forms. The long history of corruption and wars sets this form apart from the others. There is plenty of evidence that democracy can work and plenty of evidence that it fails miserably. My point is advocating democracy as the best option or as a cure for a country's ills is misguided and usually wrong as the problems facing a country usually have nothing to do with the form of government. Time and context need to be considered when analyzing democracy in today's environment. USA today is using democracy to take over other countries. It is taking advantage of how easy it is to corrupt people and to sway people in the modern era(due to technology and mass media). Democracy provides the ideal platform as the will of the brainwashed will prevail. I would have no problem with any of the forms of government for Armenia so long as the government's motive was improving the lives of the people in that country and strengthening it. I do not rule out the possibility of a successful democracy in Armenia but I am wary of these color revolutions and their track record of democracy being used to destroy countries. I think most people (including you) see democracy as the only good alternative but that is not the case. The form of government is not that important. The motives of those doing the governing are very important!
                      Hayastan or Bust.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X