Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Syrian Armenian

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Syrian Armenian

Originally posted by Vrej1915 View Post
    Armenia Keeps Its Arms Open to Syrian Refugees
    September 18, 2015,
    by Giorgi Lomsadze

If there was a “little Armenia” in Syria, to borrow Armenian Foreign Minister Edward Nalbandian’s words, there is also a little Syria in Armenia. The South Caucasus country has taken in 2,500 refugees from Syria just over the summer and continues to hand out visas and Armenian passports to Armenian-Syrians.

Before flooding into the European Union, Syrians, at least those of Armenian heritage, were streaming into Armenia. At 15,500 refugees since the start of the conflict, according to UNHCR and government figures, Armenia ranks as one of the most frequent destinations outside of the European Union for migrant Syrians relative to population, an Economist chart shows.

The mass arrival has been emphatically described as a “homecoming” in Armenia, where national identity is seen as something shared between the country’s residents and its far-flung Diasporas. “There are a 100 small and big Armenias around the world,” Foreign Minister Nalbandian told the BBC’s Russian service in a September 14 interview.

Solidarity with the struggles of Syrian-Armenians runs strong in Armenia, but the government has been struggling to accommodate and integrate thousands of arrivals. Even though the school year already started on September 1, “we try [sic] to find out how many Syrian Armenian children will attend . . . schools,” said Diaspora Minister Hranush Hakobian, Armenpress.am reported on September 16.

Hakobian estimated that as many as 15,000 ethnic Armenians remain in Syria -- about the same number as currently are in Armenia itself, according to UNHCR. In Aleppo, a traditional hub for Syria’s ethnic Armenians, the Armenian consul, Tigran Kevorkian, claims that his consulate is the only foreign diplomatic mission still functioning. “Three times a week, diplomats drive out to Kessab [another ethnic Armenian population base — ed] and [the port city of] Latakia to provide consular services,” he told News.am recently.

Shelling of the city has damaged and destroyed diaspora cultural sites in the Nor Gyugh, Aleppo’s Armenian quarter, said Gevorkian adding that the consulate has been evacuating cultural-heritage items to Lebanon and Armenia. He also said that his office still provides visas for free to Syrian-Armenian applicants.

With no decrease in the fighting in Syria in sight, Armenian officials expect a continued inflow of migrants from Syria. Building a “New Aleppo,” a residential complex near the capital, Yerevan, is among the projects Armenia is considering to help accommodate the arrivals.
    Armenian govt should worry and care about the citizens of Armenia first......after that worry about some Arabized armenians planning to live in Armenia when s.hit hits the fan.

most are using Armenia for now...until they migrate elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Gevz View Post
      Armenian govt should worry and care about the citizens of Armenia first......after that worry about some Arabized armenians planning to live in Armenia when s.hit hits the fan.

Jesus Christ were you just not banned three months for this s--t
      did you not wonder why that was, or think maybe I should try to not do the exact same thing as before
      Or do you just not have the mental capacity to evaluate your moronic behavior
      Can we please ban this imbecile, where do you people come from, et em oozoom imanam
      Last edited by Mher; 09-21-2015, 08:46 AM.

Comment

By sending concrete eating Zinvor to Syria to protect and to help get the ones who want to leave passports to Armenia.......you know what that would say to the rest of the world? A show of power.......and caring.
        B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Originally posted by Mher View Post
          did you not wonder why that was, or think maybe I should try to not do the exact same thing as before
          Or do you just not have the mentality capacity to evaluate your moronic behavior
          Can we please ban this imbecile, where do you people come from, et em oozoom imanam
          Armenia is for Armenians not arab wannabe armenians. Dontbemad.

Its uzum not oozoom
          Last edited by Gevz; 09-20-2015, 12:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gevz View Post

Lots of really shallow things get posted on this forum. This post has about as much depth as a sheen of water. No diving in that pond, lol.
            Or do you just not have the mentality capacity to evaluate your moronic behavior
            your anger is obviously well founded. The heartless and inconsiderate comments are moronic and should find no place amongst Hayr.

Comment

Originally posted by Artashes View Post
              Lots of really shallow things get posted on this forum. This post has about as much depth as a sheen of water. No diving in that pond, lol.

your anger is obviously well founded. The heartless and inconsiderate comments are moronic and should find no place amongst Hayr.
              No Nation is vaccinated against stupidity.
              In this case, I think there must be an additional taste of provocation.
              Best strategy is ignorance of such posts.
              My own reply, out of respect to you, is in a sense a reward to such psychopatic behavior...
              So please, let's stop this discussion here.

Comment

Սիրիայում ահաբեկիչները առեւանգել են երկու հայերի
                Հանգստյան օրերին ահաբեկիչները ականանետերից կրակի են արձակել Հալեպի հայկական ու քրիստոնեական թաղամասերի ուղղությամբ...

Սիրիայում ահաբեկիչները առեւանգել են երկու հայերի: Այս մասին NEWS.am-ին հայտնել են Հալեպի հայ համայնքից: Միջադեպը տեղի է ունեցել Խանասերի քաղաքում: Ահաբեկիչները հարկադրաբար կանգնեցրել են Հալեպից Լիբանան ուղեւորվող ավտոբուսը եւ առեւանգել երկու հայերի:

Նշենք, որ հանգստյան օրերին ահաբեկիչները ականանետերից կրակի են արձակել Հալեպի հայկական ու քրիստոնեական թաղամասերի ուղղությամբ: Զոհերի ու վիրավորների մասին տեղեկություններ չկան:

Նշենք, որ Սիրիայում արյունալի իրադարձություններից առաջ այդ երկրում մոտ 60-70 հազար հայ էր բնակվում: Նրանց կեսից ավելին ապրում էր Հալեպում, իսկ մյուս կեսը՝ Լաթաքիա, Հոմս, Քամիշլի, Հասակե, Յակուբիե, Ռաքքա, Քեսաբ քաղաքներում եւ իհարկե մայրաքաղաք Դամասկոսում:

Լուրեր Հայաստանից - NEWS.am

Comment

This is not to continue the discussion, and this is certainly not to respond to, or dignify the posts of the original poster. This is to inform the rest of our users who might not have had the luxury of visiting Armenia over the past three years: As a repat, currently living in Armenia, I can tell you there are more than ten thousand Armenians from Syria in Armenia. Just about all of the ones who have stayed have set up businesses, bought homes, and are fairly satisfied with their living conditions. They are even very grateful of the government and people here, and are fairly critical of any Syrian Armenians that came, left, and criticized the country. Outside of a small minority of locals who are nationalistic, and show some national pride, these Syrian Armenians are the only sense of nationalism I see in this country. Maybe it's because they've seen actual hell, so they're a lot more grateful of what this country offers than many locals who somehow think they live in Haiti.

That's another point I want to clarify: all of the bulls--t over the past three years of oh people here discriminate against Diasporan Armenians. That Armenians from Syria are being treated any differently than a local: absolute nonsense. I guessed this was the case in my three years absence from the this place, but now I know for sure. People here couldn't possibly be more welcoming to repat Armenians. People treat you like their brother and sister. If you actually live like a regular person, try to integrate yourself into society, and live a regular life, nobody mistreats you, or treats you like a foreigner. Nobody takes advantage of you. Yeah sure come here, dressing like tourist, going to expensive places, only spending time with other foreigners, and flashing your money around, don't be surprised you turn off people whose average monthly salary is $300. But behave normally, and you'll be subject to the exact same treatment as everyone else.

In my time spent living in both Iran and America, random people wouldn't do 10% of what they do for you here. And they only do it because they consider you their family. What Syrian Armenians who stayed told me is that anyone who complained never REALLY intended to stay: They came here to get a passport, they would have preferred to stay, but never really intended to if it meant any sacrifices. They lived like a tourist for a year, and when money ran out, they complained about the country and left.

But that's certainly doesn't describe all of them, a majority of them, or even a significant minority.
                  Last edited by Mher; 09-21-2015, 09:25 AM.

Comment

This is not to continue the discussion, and this is certainly not to respond to, or dignify the posts of the original poster. This is to inform the rest of our users who might not have had the luxury of visiting Armenia over the past three years: As a repat, currently living in Armenia, I can tell you there are more than ten thousand Armenians from Syria in Armenia. Just about all of the ones who have stayed have set up businesses, bought homes, and are fairly satisfied with their living conditions. They are even very grateful of the government and people here, and are fairly critical of any Syrian Armenians that came, left, and criticized the country. Outside of a small minority of locals who are nationalistic, and show some national pride, these Syrian Armenians are the only sense of nationalism I see in this country. Maybe it's because they've seen actual hell, so they're a lot more grateful of what this country offers than many locals who somehow think they live in Haiti.

That's another point I want to clarify: all of the bulls--t over the past three years of oh people here discriminate against Diasporan Armenians. That Armenians from Syria are being treated any differently than a local: absolute nonsense. I guessed this was the case in my three years absence from the this place, but now I now for sure. People here couldn't possibly be more welcoming to repat Armenians. People treat you like their brother and sister. If you actually live like a regular person, try to integrate yourself into society, and live a regular life, nobody mistreats you, or treats you like a foreigner. Nobody takes advantage of you. Yeah sure come here, dressing like tourist, going to expensive places, only spending time with other foreigners, and flashing your money around, don't be surprised you turn off people whose average monthly salary is $300. But behave normally, and you'll be subject to the exact same treatment as everyone else.

In my time spent living in both Iran and America, random people wouldn't do 10% of what they do for you here. And they only do it because they consider you their family. What Syrian Armenians who stayed told me is that anyone who complained never REALLY intended to stay: They came here to get a passport, they would have preferred to stay, but never really intended to if it meant any sacrifices. They lived like a tourist for a year, and when money ran out, they complained about the country and left.

But that's certainly doesn't describe all of them, a majority of them, or even a significant minority.
                    Perfect description.
                    100% reality.
                    Nothing to add.
                    Thank you.

Comment

That's another point I want to clarify: all of the bulls--t over the past three years of oh people here discriminate against Diasporan Armenians. That Armenians from Syria are being treated any differently than a local: absolute nonsense. I guessed this was the case in my three years absence from the this place, but now I now for sure. People here couldn't possibly be more welcoming to repat Armenians. People treat you like their brother and sister. If you actually live like a regular person, try to integrate yourself into society, and live a regular life, nobody mistreats you, or treats you like a foreigner. Nobody takes advantage of you. Yeah sure come here, dressing like tourist, going to expensive places, only spending time with other foreigners, and flashing your money around, don't be surprised you turn off people whose average monthly salary is $300. But behave normally, and you'll be subject to the exact same treatment as everyone else.

Encouraging post there. It is sad what has happened in Syria.
                      Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Working...
                      X