Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Syrian Armenian

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Syrian Armenian

Originally posted by Gevz View Post
    Armenian govt should worry and care about the citizens of Armenia first......after that worry about some Arabized armenians planning to live in Armenia when s.hit hits the fan.

most are using Armenia for now...until they migrate elsewhere.
    Many Armenians from Syria landed in Armenia then moved on to other countries

If 10,000 are in Armenia now, that's good news, but many of them would prefer to be in a peaceful Syria

Historically Armenians are not known to be very welcoming to fellow Armenians (however much some people want to believe the opposite)! How many of the refugees escaping progroms in Azerbaijan are still in Armenia and karabakh?

Comment

Originally posted by lampron View Post
      Many Armenians from Syria landed in Armenia then moved on to other countries

If 10,000 are in Armenia now, that's good news, but many of them would prefer to be in a peaceful Syria

Historically Armenians are not known to be very welcoming to fellow Armenians (however much some people want to believe the opposite)! How many of the refugees escaping progroms in Azerbaijan are still in Armenia and karabakh?
      First of all, it's any Armenian person's birthright to receive a citizenship of Armenia. It doesn't cost Armenia anything. The only reason these people don't have Armenian citizenship is because their ancestors were taken on death marches from the Armenian highlands. They certainly have as much right to citizenship as anyone here who spends all day saying yerkire yerkir chi everytime it rains, or their bus is 30 seconds late. So they didn't commit any crime by leaving. You certainly can't blame someone who has no personal connections or family members here, or if they lost their life savings in Syria, for not staying in a difficult economy. That's the case anywhere. When you don't have any connections, its much harder to get a job and make the most out of everything. It's specially hard if you lost much of your money. My only problem is if they unjustly complain about the country or the people. I'm here because I'm young, I have a graduate degree in engineering from America, I have no family to take care of, I can live on less than $1000/month I currently earn, and I can scrape by if necessary. If need be I can go back to America, earn some money, and come try again. But you can't except someone who has a high school degree, who ran some small business they built all their life, who has small children to take care of, to allow their kids to stay hungry for months until they get a job. So just because people left for economic reasons, doesn't mean it had anything to do with the country or the people in the country.

Second of all, like I mentioned, you can't blame them for hoping for the war to end, so the house and business they set up all their life, worth hundreds of thousands of dollars, doesn't become the reward of some ISIS child rapist. Just because you're accustomed to your fully Armenian neighborhood in Aleppo, your Armenian church and school, you store, your home, your street that you live on for 50 years, doesn't mean Armenia or the people in it were so horrible to you. It means your a human being. However, this certainly isn't the case for everyone. I've met many who say f--k the three stores I owned that probably belongs to some terrorist, I'm happy with the food shack/stand I have, it's in my homeland. I've met plenty of Armenians from Syria who are really critical of all this money being sent to Syria to "preserve" the community and rebuild things. They are very angry at the religious and political leadership encouraging people to stay. They say why not just use that money to set up transportation for Syrian Armenians, and buy them housing in Armenia. Also there's plenty of stories like this:

Syrian Armenian who came to Armenia without money regains his feet

If the situation in Syria normalizes, I won’t return there. I’ll stay here and continue my work,” Hovhannes said...

And absolutely bulls--t on the last example. Don't be surprised that in a country where it's 99 percent monoethnic that people are a little curious and unfamiliar to a foreign culture. But spend the slightest amount of time with them, trying to explain your background, and people treat you perfectly. I have a clear Iranian-Armenian dialect when I speak. I've even had people ask me if I'm persian on first impression. What should I have done? cursed at them and walk away? No you spend 20 seconds explaining your background to people, and they understand the situation, spend a few days with the person, and they treat you like their lifetime neighbor. Anyone in ten seconds can tell I'm not from here, but I've never seen one bad thing from one person here because of that (lol or for any other reason really). How far people go out of their way, it never stops surprising you. In America, where people have so much extra money, nobody will spend 1 minute on you, if they don't know you, and you aren't of some worth to them.

Also, people in the 40's might have not treated that repatriation wave in the best of manner. However, that had nothing to do with people here. It had everything to do with Stalin's and the communist moronic and haphazardly planning, when they brought tens/hundreds of thousands of people here, with aims of taking territory and settling them there, and when that didn't work, they just dumped the people on the country and expected the local government to somehow make it work. Yeah any people would be pissed of if a group of 10-20% of their country's population was suddenly dumped on them, not because they needed refuge or a better country to live in, but because you had a mornonic malfunctioning government, and had to be taken care of with their government meager wealth that would otherwise have come to them.

And yes, people from Baku, a massive modern city of millions, couldn't make it in shell stricken Shushi of 5,000 people. Big surprise. I probably couldn't make it in Shushi for a month. It doesn't make me a traitor. It makes me someone who grew up in Tehran, and then Los Angeles. Many people couldn't make it in Armenia in 90's. It's only natural that once you had to abandon everything you owned once and leave Baku, it's gonna be much easier for you to move a second time if you own nothing, if it means moving to a place like Moscow or California, if the alternative is staying in Armenia in 1992. That has nothing to do with the people here, and everything to do with the hellish realities of life in Armenia at that time.
      Last edited by Mher; 09-21-2015, 10:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mher View Post
        Jesus Christ were you just not banned three months for this s--t
        did you not wonder why that was, or think maybe I should try to not do the exact same thing as before
        Or do you just not have the mental capacity to evaluate your moronic behavior
        Can we please ban this imbecile, where do you people come from, et em oozoom imanam
        Gevz will be on vacation until 2016. His next ban is permanent.
        Azerbaboon: 9.000 Google hits and counting!

Comment

Հայաստանի ԱԳՆ. Հալեպի հայաբնակ թաղամասերի հրետակոծության հետեւանքով 4 հայ է վիրավորվել

Հալեպի հայաբնակ Նոր Գյուղ թաղամասի հրետակոծության հետեւանքով 4 հայ է վիրավորվել: Այս մասին NEWS.am-ին տեղեկացրել Հայաստանի ԱԳՆ մամուլի խոսնակ Տիգրան Բալայանը՝ վկայակոչելով Հայաստանի գլխավոր հյուպատոսին:

Բալայանի խոսքով, հայերի մի մասը տեղափոխվել է Հալեպի՝ համեմատաբար հանգիստ թաղամասերում, ազգականների մոտ, մյուս մասն էլ ապաստանել է հայկական Սուրբ Գրիգոր Լուսավորիչ եկեղեցում:

Ավելի վաղ NEWS.am-ը հաղորդել էր, որ Հալեպի հայաբնակ թաղամասերի հրետակոծությունը սկսվել է կեսօրից:

Նշենք, որ մինչ արյունալի այս իրադարձությունները Սիրիայում 60-70 հազար հայ էր ապրում: Նրանց կեսից ավելի բնակվում էր Հալեպում, իսկ մյուս կեսը՝ այլ քաղաքներում, այդ թվում՝ Լաթաքիայում, Հոմսում, Ղամըշլիում, Յակուիեում, Ռաքքայում, Քեսաբում, մայրաքաղաք Դամասկոսում:

Լուրեր Հայաստանից - NEWS.am

Comment

ARMENIANS WOUNDED IN ALEPPO ARMED RAID

13:27 â~@¢ 22.09.15

Scores of people, including five Armenians, were wounded in recent
            bomb attacks in Aleppo, Syria.

Two Armenian districts, Nor Kyugh and Zhapriye, are reported to be the
            target or rocket and mortar shelling and gas balloon explosions. The
            raids have damaged a nursing house roof, Perio News reports on tis
            Facebook page.

Rocket strikes have been quite frequent in many Armenian districts
            of the city over the past days.

The Aleppo-based newspaper Gandzasar says in a post on Facebook that
            a bomb attack in Nor Kyugh has left four Armenians wounded.

A total of nine Armenians are reported dead.

The condition of the injured is thought to be serious.

Rocket strikes have been quite frequent in many Armenian districts of the city over the past days. The Aleppo-based newspaper Gandzasar says in a post on Facebook that a bomb attack in Nor Kyugh ...
            Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Comment

10:00 03/10/2015 »
                Չափարյաններին առևանգել էին սեպտեմբերի 19-ին, երբ փորձում էին Հալեպից հասնել Բեյրութ՝ այնտեղից Երևան տեղափոխվելու համար:

Առևանգված, այնուհետև ազատ արձակված սիրիահայերը Երևանում են (լուսանկարներ)

Հալեպ-Բեյրութ ճանապարհին առևանգված, երեք օր առաջ ազատ արձակված հայր և որդի Չափարյանները հասել են Երևան: Այս մասին գրում է arevelk.am-ը:

«Զվարթնոց» օդանավակայանում նրանց դիմավորել են բարեկաները: Հալեպից, Բեյրութից, Դամասկոսից և Երևանից մեծ ճիգեր են գործադրել նրանց ազատության համար:

Չափարյաններին առևանգել էին սեպտեմբերի 19-ին, երբ փորձում էին Հալեպից հասնել Բեյրութ՝ այնտեղից Երևան տեղափոխվելու համար:

Comment

Հալեպում շաբաթ օրը տեղի ունեցած հրթիռակոծության հետևանքով հայազգի մայր ու որդի են զոհվել՝ 59-ամյա Վերա Կիրակոսյան-Կենդիմյանը և 30-ամյա Հարութ Կենդիմյանը: Մեկ այլ հայ երիտասարդ վիրավորվել է։

Հալեպում զոհվել են հայազգի մայր ու որդի

Հալեպում շաբաթ օրը տեղի ունեցած հրթիռակոծության հետևանքով հայազգի մայր ու որդի են զոհվել՝ 59-ամյա Վերա Կիրակոսյան-Կենդիմյանը և 30-ամյա Հարութ Կենդիմյանը: Մեկ այլ հայ երիտասարդ վիրավորվել է։

Ռուզան Գիշյան

Հալեպաբնակ Մայդա Բակկալյանը «Ազատության» հետ հեռախոսազրույցում փոխանցեց, որ մեկ տարի հանկարծամահ էր եղել նաև Կենդիմյան ընտանիքի հայրը:

Կենդիմյանների միջնեկ որդին՝ Շանթը ապրում է արտերկրում: Իսկ ընտանիքի կրտսեր զավակը՝ ճակատագրական այդ օրը՝ հրթիռակոծությունից ընդամենը մեկ ժամ առաջ այցելել էր հայրական տուն:

Մեկ շաբաթվա ընդմիջումից հետո Հալեպում այս օրերին վերականգնվել է ջրամատակարարումն ու էլեկտրաէներգիայի մատակարարումը։ Մայդա Բակկալյանը, սակայն, պատմում է, որ դրանից օրական միայն մի քանի ժամ են կարողանում օգտվել, քանի որ «ջուրը սկսել են շրջան-շրջան տալ», իսկ «լույսերը՝ օրը մեկ ժամ»:

Սիրիահայ կինը պատմում է, որ հեռուստատեսությամբ հուսադրող նորություններ են հնչում, թե մեկ ամսից պատերազմն ավարտվելու է։ Հայտնում են նաև ռուսական զորքի առաջխաղացման մասին, շատ գյուղերում կրկին վեր են բարձրացվել Սիրիայի դրոշները:

Սիրուն Քուչուկյանը երկու տարի առաջ է Հայաստան տեղափոխվել։ Օրերս լսել է հարևանների մահվան լուրը, մինչդեռ սպասում էր, թե երբ է տիկին Վերան Երևան ժամանելու որդուն ամուսնացնելու համար:

Քուչուկյանը Հայաստանում դժվարությամբ է հարմարվել, ասում է, որ չնայած պատերազմական վիճակին, առաջին իսկ հնարավորության դեպքում ծննդավայր է վերադառնալու։

Իսկ հալեպահայ Նազարեթ Գույումջյանը տունդարձի տոմսն արդեն գնել է․ հենց այսօր ընտանիքը վերադառնում է Հալեպ, այնտեղից էլ հնարավոր է մեկ այլ երկիր տեղափոխվի։ Նազարեթը ոչսկերիչ է, ականկալած օգնությունն այստեղ չի ստացել, ու թեև ռուսական կողմի միջամտության հետ մեծ հույսեր չի կապում, սակայն Հայաստնում ևս մնալ չի ցանկանում։

Թեև Նազարեթը կարծում է, որ ի պատասխան ռուսաստանյան օդուժի գործողությունների, «Իսլամական պետության» զինյալները հրետակոծելու են առաջին հերթին քրիստոնեակաբնակ վայրերը, այդուհանդերձ, լիահույս է, որ դրական փոփոխությունների կլինեն, ու իրենք կվերադառնան իրենց տներն ու իրենց աշխատանքին:

Comment

Թուրք-սիրիական սահմանի մերձակայքում հայ պատանի է զոհվել
                    Lragir.am
                    23 Հոկտեմբերի 2015,

Թուրք-սիրիական սահմանի մերձակայքում` Ղամիշլի քաղաքից Թուրքիա տանող ճանապարհին, 14-ամյա հայ պատանի է զոհվել:Այս մասին «Արմենպրես»-ը տեղեկացավ «Բերիո Լուրեր» ֆեյսբուքյան էջից: Զոհվածը Արմեն Ժիրայր Ավետիսյանն է, ով իր ծնողների հետ ցամաքային ճանապարհով փորձել էր մուտք գործել Թուրքիա: Նա զոհվել է կրակոցի հետևանքով:Արմեն Ավետիսյանի հուղարկավորության արարողությունը տեղի կունենա այսօր` հոկտեմբերի 23-ին, Ղամիշլիի հայ առաքելական Սուրբ Հակոբ եկեղեցում:Սիրիայում շուրջ հինգ տարի շարունակվող բախումների հետևանքով, ՄԱԿ-ի տվյալներով, ավելի քան 220 հազար մարդ է զոհվել: Զոհված հայերի թիվը գերազանցել է 100-ը:

- See more at: http://www.lragir.am/index/arm/0/pol....LY97Ljsp.dpuf

Comment

ALEPPO-ARMENIAN SAYS RUSSIAN INTERVENTION 'INSPIRING'

14:07 â~@¢ 22.10.15

The Russian air forces' intervention in Syria inspires serious hopes
                      in the Armenian community, an Aleppo-Armenian public figure said today,
                      commenting on the recent developments in the country.

Speaking at a news conference, Vazgen Mesropian, the vice-president
                      of the Social-Democrat Hunchakian Party (SDHP) of Armenia, admitted
                      that the Syrian-Army has seen a considerable progress after the
                      Russian operation.

"Eighty percent of Aleppo is almost liberated, so I am hopeful that
                      the districts still remaining under terrorists' control - who bomb
                      also the Armenian neighborhoods from there - will be liberated in
                      the couple of days to come," he said.

Mesropian further hailed Syrian President Bashar al-Assad's surprise
                      visit to Moscow and his meetings with President Vladimir Putin. "It
                      was a surprise," he said, considering the move a positive sign.

Mesropian admitted that Syria had to rely on Russian assistance,
                      finding itself unable to fight alone the militants' troops of more
                      than 1,500.

"We believe that very soon - if not in the near future, at least
                      in the four to six months to come - those terrorists will leave,
                      and Aleppo will be liberated. The Russian air forces kill heads
                      of terrorist centers; this is really important as they will later
                      liberate also entire regions," he added.

Mesropian agreed that a key concern now is over the remaining
                      Armenians' number, the community being considered the mother colony
                      of Diaspora-Armenians.

He added that the local schools and kindergartens have merged,
                      continuing their work at the Gulbenkian School of Aleppo as a safer
                      area.

"Today, we have a total of 2,080 pupils in [the schools] of Aleppo,
                      whereas their number topped 4,500 before the war. There are presently
                      7,000-8,000 Armenians remaining there, instead of the [former] 40,000.

So that's regrettable," the Aleppo-Armenian activist said, giving
                      assurances that most of those who have fled Armenia or other countries,
                      will return home after peace is established.

Of the 10,000 community members who are now in Armenia, only about
                      1,000 work, Mesropian added. "The rest are without a job, and those
                      who work are mainly young people."

"Most are waiters or businessmen who have set up a small business
                      here. There are also others who return, as they have no means of
                      subsistence; they have spent all their money," he said, adding that
                      more 100 Armenians were killed in Syria in the past four years of war.

“Eighty percent of Aleppo is almost liberated, so I am hopeful that the districts still remaining under terrorists' control - who bomb also the Armenian ...
                      Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Working...
                      X