Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Thoughts on Tashnagtsootyoon...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some say the Antelias catholicosate's apostolic christian ideology is stronger because it wasn't affected by the Soviet Union.

And if you are about to think that Arab Christian or Islamic ideology has infiltrated into the Antelias church, you're wrong. In Lebanon we were independent in managing these affairs.

Comment

• That's a bunch of crap...come on. You don't think that the Armenian church has one ideology? And even if one is "stronger" than the other, do you not think that since the Soviet Union no longer exists, it may be time to consolidate them?

I'm sure there are much more differences between the "strong" and the "weak" ideologies prevalent in Catholicism, yet their billions of people still manage to have one Pope!

Comment

• Officially it has or it should have one ideology, no?

Comment

• What does?

Comment

• The Armenian Apostolic Church.

Comment

• I think so. Then why 2 Gatoghigos-s?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave
                Some say the Antelias catholicosate's apostolic christian ideology is stronger because it wasn't affected by the Soviet Union.

And if you are about to think that Arab Christian or Islamic ideology has infiltrated into the Antelias church, you're wrong. In Lebanon we were independent in managing these affairs.
                If Echmiadzin was affected by the soviet union why would the Antillas church not be affected by living in the middle-east ?

Comment

• @KotayKoskesh

Maybe you didn't read the rest of my post. Arabs left us Armenians alone in managing these affairs. On the other hand, the soviet union tried to take advantage of anything - the Echmiadzin Catholicosate in this case - that might be able to spread their propaganda outside the union.

@Diar Dants

Why 2 Catholicos? I gave a part of the answer you seek to KotayKoskesh. There are historical reasons also. The Armenian Catholicosate of Cilicia was the original Armenian Catholicosate that moved out of Armenia when it fell to the Seljuk Turks. A new Catholicosate was established in Echmiadzin later on...

So Echmiadzin is the original seat of the Armenian Catholicosate, but Antelias is the original Catholicosate itself. Both have equal rights to exist and cooperate now the the Soviet Union has fallen.

Comment

• Re: Thoughts on Tashnagtsootyoon...

AMAAAA meghk ek! SHAD! Either you guys are just ignorant, really narrow minded, or just plain dumb!

#1. I do agree if Tashnagtzootyoon was not around, Armenia would have been gone a LONGG time ago! yes ramgavar, hnchagyans faught, but who are you trying to fool to say all these things?
                    #2. This is one problem people in the AGBU you community have: thinking everything is about them, and everyone is out to get them. Buddy..you want me to give examples??? I will! Every year we do parties, educational nights, concerts....anything, just to get ALL armenians together. Everyone is invited...What happens? you guys and girls come, but no one from AGBU comes, because why? because it's these "tashnag dogs" who are organizing it. So what do the people in the executives in AGBU groups do? they organize a party the same night, trying to prove a point....when really it's pure stupidity. Now a days, some of these younger generations are seeing that we are not dogs, and what their parents have told them was not true...we don't bite.....so some of them start to come. Some are still hard headed....I also want to add, that we as well go to there parties, but every single party i have gone to i have 1) been treated like xxxx, 2) been asked to leave because i'm not "a part of them". The first time they actually let me in, cause they had no clue where i was from. When they saw they couldn't brainwash me, they didn't like it.
                    #3. Homenetmen does not teach kids to HATE people from AGBU. let me add, that in montreal, HMEM was the one who did start the scouting movement in a strong way amongst Armenians. then what happend? a bunch of rich people backed up AGBU to open up there own scouts, why? so they don't have to go to the tashnag agoump to be a scout. Homenetmen like all the organizations that are hamagirs to Tashnagtzootyoon do not spread hate. We as Armenians have an issue with the government and those who state that 1915 never did happen. I think every Armenian would have a problem with that, considering most of our families were brutally killed for no other reason than being Christian Armenians.
                    #4. I don't know who made that stupid comment saying tashnagtzootyoon is like the USSR or ottoman turks...considering the tashnagtzootyoon was the one who was fighting AGAINST them! i am asking you very kindly to never refer Tashnagtzootyoon to any of those filthy parties. It is an insult not to only Tashnagtzootyoon, but to Armenians! you are comparing the Tashnagtzootyoon to a communist party, or a party who whipped out more than 2/3rds our population! Kitch me ametzir!

Even if you don't like any party, the least you can do is respect them. I respect any party whos main goal is to make a better Armenia, and Tashnagtzootyoon happens to be the #1 advocate of this. It's the party who not only talks or writes, but also acts and works to make what they believe a reality! Kitch me aveli kitch khosetzek, yev aveli parik erek tzer Azkin hamar, desek inch gernank enel vorbes AZK!Miasnootyoon oozele shad tooroon eh, miasin ellale shad tejvar eh yete asank bidi medadzek. We all have different opinions...but asank bedk choonik ardahaydeloo

Comment

Working...
                    X