Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Tashnagtsootyoon in Armenia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tashnagtsootyoon in Armenia

Yes, the resident anti-tashnag is back with yet another thread about Tashnagtsootyoon.

This time though, I must say that I am very pleasantly surprised with how the ARF has conducted itself in Armenia lately.

For those of you who do not know this, the Tashnagtsootyoon is a junior member of the governing coalition in parliament, along with the larger Republic and Orinats Yergir factions. It seems that they have handed a list of corrupt politicians that they want to se eousted to President Robert Kocharian. They say that if Robo does not deliver, they will leave the coalition (which Kocharian needs, as the coalition supports him).

While I still find all this a bit hypocritical as there are many well-known corrupt Tashnags in Armenia, I must say that they have lately been very mature in their way of handling things, both within the coalition and with the opposition.

Pnav vijapaneloo hamar che.
    I actually want to give credit to a party who actually seems to be doing descent work.
    It has nothing to do with the past. You have your views on that, and I have mine.
    I just choose not to have such a black-and-white outlook on things. It has done its share of good things, and its share of bad stuff, just like any other organization.

However, the issue here is current politics, not what happened in the days of Zavarian, yevayln.

Comment

Dude... this conversation is so over my head and out of my league it's not even funny. What are the Tashnags again?
      "All I know is I'm not a Marxist." -Karl Marx

Comment

Damn, sorry to be confrontational and all, and this is nothing personal hyejinx, but i am really dejected and pissed off about how uninformed and may i say uninterested, most of the Armenian youth in the US is about what is going on in Armenia these days.

The Dashnaks or Tashnags, whatever you want to call them are one of the oldest Armenian political parties and today are one of the 3 coalition partners in the Armenian parliament.

I must say i am very happy with the Dashnaks as well, they are the only ones at this point who i see as having the ultimate interests of the nation at heart. But i do disagree with them on several key areas, one of them being the opening of the border with turkey.

Comment

The problem with Armenia is that the ratio of politicians to businessmen, doctors, lawyers, and non politicians is staggeringly in favor of politicians.
          Achkerov kute.

Comment

was that a joke?

Comment

Originally posted by TigranJamharian
              was that a joke?
              It was a joke with bit of truth. Wow, I'm surprise you caught on. Not that it wasn't ever possible.
              Achkerov kute.

Comment

Rewording it to give it some humor would be in order, hit the edit button and give it another try mousey

Comment

Originally posted by TigranJamharian
                  Rewording it to give it some humor would be in order, hit the edit button and give it another try mousey
                  Too tired at this point Tigran. Unlike most humans, I only like some button pushing, not all.
                  Achkerov kute.

Comment

Yay! One more thread is going down the drain!

Jinx, Tashnagtsootyoon is a dangerous cult of which one must stay as far away as possible. dn dn dnnnnnn

Seriously though, as Tigran said, it is one of the 3 political parties that were created in the late 19th century in order to free Armenia from Turkish hands. How succesful they have been is up to debate, and the answers will vary greatly depending on who you ask.

Today, it is known as the most nationalist party (or major party, as the Armenian Aryan party is probably more nationalist) in Armenia.

Tiko, I agree that they seem to be one of the rare few who show some interest about the country and its people. One (non-tashnag) politician that has always struck me as the wisest and most balanced is deputy speaker Tigran Torosyan. He is quickly becoming the one I trust most (not counting my dear Minister of Foreign Affairs, of course ).

Comment

Working...
                    X