Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Dashnak... Ramgavar... Within the Diaspora... ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KotayKoskesh
    Iv been to Ecole Secondaire Jeanne Mance and College Ville-Marie and im going to ahuntsic soon.. I grew up in St-Lambert so I didnt get a very Armenian education ...btw I have nothing against tashnag people ....90% of the Armenians I know are tashnags ..I just have something against their politics heh

...hm to give you an example the other day I went to a wedding and I was talking to a kid there ..the song ara vay vay was playing and he said "we need some more revolutionnary music in here" I awnsered like dashnag music ? he agreed ... this is the kind of education your kid will get from going to surp hagop I guess lol ... but then again surp hagop is not bad I went to their barahantes a couple of times, the people there are fun and the food is not bad hehe
    This is true, even for people that are 18+ years old. I've seen/heard it before. They even have songs about killing hnchags and stuff. It's weird.

Comment

The Hinchaks are virutally non-existant today. Many Hinchaks became Tashnags in the old days because the tashnagtsoutyoun was in charge of defending Bourdj Hammoud and the Armenian community.

Same with a lot of Tashnag heros.

well ...yea his views might change as he grows older but im just giving an example of what surp hagop teaches to their students ..I mean its not the guys fault if he heard all his life that Dashnags liberated Van of course hes going to think theyre the best the only thing they forget to say at surp hagop is that hinchak and even the russian army fought the turks
      Most students don't even know about most of those events (liberation of Van, etc.) until they actually reach that chapter of Armenian history later on. You think that Sourp Hagop indoctrinizes the students every day? Where do you get this information?

Sourp Hagop and all those other schools will be a great tool in keeping the Armenian community alive out here, so far away from Armenia.

Comment

this is terrible... we all know how oppresive the soviet union was but it also helped us so much ...before the soviet union yerevan was nothing the union practically built our city ....but of course we should kill hinchaks and all deny that the soviet union may have been good for Armenia

Comment

Originally posted by Dave
          The Hinchaks are virutally non-existant today. Many Hinchaks became Tashnags in the old days because the tashnagtsoutyoun was in charge of defending Bourdj Hammoud and the Armenian community.

Same with a lot of Tashnag heros.

Most students don't even know about most of those events (liberation of Van, etc.) until they actually reach that chapter of Armenian history later on. You think that Sourp Hagop indoctrinizes the students every day? Where do you get this information?

Sourp Hagop and all those other schools will be a great tool in keeping the Armenian community alive out here, so far away from Armenia.
          no no I know surp hagop dosent indocrtinate their children lol and im sure happy we have such a great school and club and church in Montreal ... but still... do you know anyone that came out of curp hagop and decided to become ramgavar ? ...I dont

Comment

Originally posted by KotayKoskesh
            this is terrible... we all know how oppresive the soviet union was but it also helped us so much ...before the soviet union yerevan was nothing the union practically built our city ....but of course we should kill hinchaks and all deny that the soviet union may have been good for Armenia
            I wanna know more. What did they do to Yerevan to make it better? Sorry, I'm not as knowledgeable as the other users on here.

Comment

when Armenia joined the Soviet Union Yerevan was much smaller, there was no subway, the roads were terrible ...im not sure about this but I think Republic square didnt even exist .. the Yerevan we know now was built during the Soviet Union.. of course now its always prettier and prettier without it because there's no limitations

Comment

Maybe because Armenians were - for some reason - more interested in developping Tiflis (Eastern Armenian cultural capital) and Baku.

I'm sure Yerevan would have expanded as capital of Armenia without Soviet help.

Comment

Yerevan was a backward village then. Armenians were too busy building Tiflis, Bolis, and Baku.

And denying the pluses the Soviet Union brought to Armenia, while acknowledging the minuses, is bloody ignorance in my books. Nothing is ever JUST GOOD or JUST BAD.

Comment

Re: Dashnak... Ramgavar... Within the Diaspora... ?

Just out of curiousity, do any of you actually experience being "tashnag", "ramgavar"? Are you in the goosagtzootyoons? are you a hamagir? or are you guys just saying things your friends or parents have told you?
                    before you guys start talking about stereotypical things...please research and then talk.
                    Another thing....Montreal isn't all of Canada, I'm not saying anything bad about it, i'm just saying it's a huge country, please don't classify what happens in Montreal to be the same everyone where in Canada. If you are going to ask everyone how it is there, i would love to know as well, but i think you should first learn how it is in CANADA as a whole, before you just to any conclusions.

Comment

Re: Dashnak... Ramgavar... Within the Diaspora... ?

Originally posted by Diar Dants
                      Yerevan was a backward village then. Armenians were too busy building Tiflis, Bolis, and Baku.

And denying the pluses the Soviet Union brought to Armenia, while acknowledging the minuses, is bloody ignorance in my books. Nothing is ever JUST GOOD or JUST BAD.
                      So this means you should also look at the bad sides of the USSR! you shouldn't be as you quoted "bloody ignorant" as well. The fact of the matter is, when looking at Armenia during the USSR period, in my opinion, the factors which are worse outdo the positive sides.And this is putting it lightly

Comment

Working...
                      X