Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

The Russian Blockade of Armenia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Russian Blockade of Armenia

Link

The Russians are beginning to create many problems to us.We must reduce their influence in Armenia.

The Russians are creating problems to us in the Georgian Samtskhe-Javakheti region, in order to start a conflict between Armenia and Georgia.Such a conflict would have catastrophic consequences to us.Russia is attempting to isolate Armenia in order to make us dependent on them.

1)Russia is promoting the Turkish-Caucasian railway Kars-Akhalkalaki-Tbilisi-Baku, designed to circumvent Armenia or the Iranian-Caucasian Kazvin-Resht-Astara railroad, which also would be built around Armenia.

2)Russia is applying maximum effort not to allow realization of the gas pipeline project between Armenia,Iran and Ukraine.The U.S.A. are against this project as well since they want the total isolation of Iran.This might result Iran to prefer Turkey for the project of the gas pipeline, instead of Armenia.Note that Iran wishes to strengthen ties with Eastern European countries (like Ukraine) in order not to isolate herself.Link regarding Iran and her policy.

3)The Russian inteligence is supporting separatism Samtskhe-Javakheti provoked a growth of tension in Armenian-Georgian relations.There have been progroms against few Gerogians.
    Read this "Made in Russia": The Armenian Dynamite for Georgia .

if you make a list like that of the problems US is creating for Armenia itll never finish and we need to be allied with one.. im sorry to say but this is a pointless thread

Comment

2)Russia is applying maximum effort not to allow realization of the gas pipeline project between Armenia,Iran and Ukraine.The U.S.A. are against this project as well since they want the total isolation of Iran.This might result Iran to prefer Turkey for the project of the gas pipeline, instead of Armenia.Note that Iran wishes to strengthen ties with Eastern European countries (like Ukraine) in order not to isolate herself.Link regarding Iran and her policy.
      There are only 2 possible routes for the gas pipeline - Iran, Armenia, Georgia, Russia, Ukraine, Europe and Iran, Armenia, Georgia, Black Sea, Ukraine, Europe. Both of those routes pass through Armenia, so I don't think we should worry about that.

Comment

There's no need to worry about Russia, worry about the west and their very ulterior motives. It would only be in their interest to pull Armenia away from Russia because in so doing, Armenia would stand alone and that's exactly what they want. Armenia is in their way.

Comment

No way it's China that wants Armenia. If China can pull Armenia toward China, they can use our land because there are so many Chinese and not enough dogs and poodles to eat over there. Plus when the Yang-tze (Yellow River) Floods where are they going to send all that water, Lake Sevan of course. It's already risen a whole meter, CONSPIRACIES!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Thai-Samurai
            Floods where are they going to send all that water, Lake Sevan of course. It's already risen a whole meter, CONSPIRACIES!!!!
            I was very happy to see that when I was at the lake a few times during July. Just goes to show you that some "conspiracies" are good.

Regarding this topic of discussion: I wish Armenia had neighbors such as Germany, France or Italy. That harsh fact is that we don't. Our long and bloody history has dealt us a very sad state. A thousand years ago Asia Minor (Anatolia) and the Southern Caucasus was a center of civilization. Today, however, the area in question is a semi-primitive Turko-Islamic cesspool.

Good or bad, today our only two viable neighbors, strategically and economically speaking, are Russian and Iran. The foreign policies of Iran and Russian are more-or-less in union with Armenia's. Regardless of how troubled and problamatic Russia is today, Washington can't be trusted. Washington is in bed with Ankara and Tel-Aviv.

The aforementioned have grand agendas for the region and Armenia simply does not fit in, therefore, it gets in the way. Since they can't attack Armenia like they attacked Serbia and Iraq, they are using other methods - manipulating internal political issues within Yerevan and using lots of money as a lure.

Only fools believe the filth being spewed out of Washington today.

My only wish is for Russia to wake up from its deep sleep and see that a secure and properous Armenia is very crucial to its long term prosperity and survival. As for Iran, they are fine just the way they are. Also, I am hopeing that they get the A-bomb as soon as possible.
            Մեր ժողովուրդն արանց հայրենասիրութեան այն է, ինչ որ մի մարմին' առանց հոգու:

Նժդեհ

Please visit me at my Heralding the Rise of Russia blog: http://theriseofrussia.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Armenian
              Regarding this topic of discussion: I wish Armenia had neighbors such as Germany, France or Italy. That harsh fact is that we don't. Our long and bloody history has dealt us a very sad state. A thousand years ago Asia Minor (Anatolia) and the Southern Caucasus was a center of civilization. Today, however, the area in question is a semi-primitive Turko-Islamic cesspool.
              I totally agree!

Good or bad, today our only two viable neighbors, strategically and economically speaking, are Russian and Iran. The foreign policies of Iran and Russian are more-or-less in union with Armenia's.
              I agree as for Russia and Iran.

Regardless of how troubled and problamatic Russia is today, Washington can't be trusted. Washington is in bed with Ankara and Tel-Aviv.
              The aforementioned have grand agendas for the region and Armenia simply does not fit in, therefore, it gets in the way. Since they can't attack Armenia like they attacked Serbia and Iraq, they are using other methods - manipulating internal political issues within Yerevan and using lots of money as a lure.

Only fools believe the filth being spewed out of Washington today.
              As for the West - i.e. the EU and/or the US - I would prefer to see a rather balanced and friendly relations that may neutralize - at least - to a certain degree any anti-Armenian agenda! In other words; all depends what would be the costs and what would be the benefits. If beneficial to our interests, yes; otherwise, no.

My only wish is for Russia to wake up from its deep sleep and see that a secure and properous Armenia is very crucial to its long term prosperity and survival.
              True. At times, Russia behaves like an employer who does not value the company's human resources!

As for Iran, they are fine just the way they are. Also, I am hopeing that they get the A-bomb as soon as possible.
              I find that the West's attitude a bit hypocritical, considering that Israel and Pakistan possess nuclear weapons.
              What if I find someone else when looking for you? My soul shivers as the idea invades my mind.

Comment

I find that the West's attitude a bit hypocritical, considering that Israel and Pakistan possess nuclear weapons.[/QUOTE]

And that the US has the largest nuclear stockpile in the world.

Comment

Originally posted by KotayKoskesh
                  if you make a list like that of the problems US is creating for Armenia itll never finish and we need to be allied with one.. im sorry to say but this is a pointless thread

Well i never said that the Americans are any better and no doubt they are causing more problems as well.

The fact is that we should make the Russian influence lesser in Armenia , unless we will become their vassal state.

And this thread is not pointless.Those are facts and the fact is that we have no allies and we should stop being so dependent on Russia, because the Russians are the same pish as the Americans.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Brigade
                    Well i never said that the Americans are any better and no doubt they are causing more problems as well.

The fact is that we should make the Russian influence lesser in Armenia , unless we will become their vassal state.

And this thread is not pointless.Those are facts and the fact is that we have no allies and we should stop being so dependent on Russia, because the Russians are the same pish as the Americans.
                    being allied to Russia has numerous advantages for one they just gave weapons to Armenia from their georgian bases.. also they would protect us for sure if any conflict would errupt ....remmeber the cold war the countries that didnt ally with America or Russia are now third world countries... the same stands for now except it only affects the countries who are clsoe to Russia because Russia has lost influence and for America they are allied with the whole earth almost ...there are very few countries in the world that are not allied with either Russia or US ...the countries who are not allied now where the ones who were not allied back then ..some are rich some are poor ... but no country with such a poor economy ( at the current state not to talk about the trumendous inflation rate in Armenia ) can stay un-allied with both of them... dont forget

In the real world, thers no such thing as a true ally ..Russia is not Armenia's friend ..it's it's ally and in my opinion it should stay that way for the best of Armenia ..

just a side note I dont know if anyone lives or has recently been to yerevan... but the Americans are DEFINETLY planning something there ...if you see the embassy its like 2 kilometers long and theyr building a private airstrip in the embassy ( I call that an army base not an embassy but what do I know ) so I dont trust them at all... while the Russians give us weapons.. the americans build bases in our capital

...please state your opinions on this...

Comment

Working...
                    X