Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Mark Geragos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mark Geragos

Geragos has represented:

Robert Downey Jr
    Winona Ryder
    Susan McDougal = Bill Clinton's former business partner
    Scott Peterson
    Nate Dogg = rapper
    Gary Condit = former Congressman

The Peterson case is not Geragos’ first murder defense. In 1983, he helped represent an Armenian man accused of gunning down a Turkish diplomat on a Los Angeles street. A jury convicted the man, but recommended a life sentence rather than the death penalty. He is also scheduled to defend an Armenian gang member this fall accused in the killing of a Mexican youth outside a high school.

Geragos, 45, graduated from Haverford College and Loyola Law School.
    Welcome to the HyeClub Forum!

and u wonder y sometimes people look down on armenians. bc one of our famous lawyers, is defending some gang member for killing a mexican youth. i went to that high school, i saw what happened...and a lot of other little kids did too from schools around the area...and i know that if this lawyer dude wins his case...hell go to hell =) hes condoning murder, and setting a bad example. i dont care if your a lawyer and u get paid. have some respect for ur fellow armenians, n choose not to take the case...bc hes gona end up lying to win cuz theres no way that guy isnt a murderer

Comment

Indeed, what a nice line up of clients Gregaros has. Is this someone who is supposed to pose as role model to the young Armenians? The only one missing from the list is OJ Simpson…

I heard about the aggression of Hye thugs towards the Mexicans, and the constant clashes between them in LA. How severe is the problem?

Comment

I don't think a lawyer can be blamed for defending a killer.

There are good attorneys and there are bad ones.

Mark Geragos happens to be a damn good one, otherwise he wouldn't attract such high caliber clients.

A good attorney must be able to separate his morals and beliefs from his JOB. He must be able to play the "devil's advocate"

The lawyers that pick and choose what cases they take, and only pick the ones they are going to win, are usually the boring and incapable ones (Vicken Berjikian), they are also the ones that usually don't have high argumentative skills and are not good litigators.

It is pleasing for me to see an Armenian attorney in the game that is dominated primarily by American-Jews (talking about the top attorneys in USA).

P.S.: to show the importance of being a good lawyer, watch this movie with a great actor James Woods:
        Indictment: The McMartin Trial
        Welcome to the HyeClub Forum!

Comment

I don’t think that lawyers can be blamed for defending killers as well. A good lawyer’s ability to perform is determined by his presentation and the clients that he takes on. Somewhere down the line if you chose to separate your morals from your job, you will not only play the “devil’s advocate” you will also sell your soul, and then those sleepless nights with a scoop of guilt cast their magic. No matter what, you must maintain your morals for that is all you have when you are alone with yourself knowing that a xxxxer who raped a 12 year old boy is on the loose, all because you separated your morals.

I think that one would rather be boring than a faceless, lying, double crossing scum, then again some people think otherwise.

Comment

Oh the horror, all this talk about lawyers and liars and killers going loose, and oh I just cant take the torment.
            Achkerov kute.

Comment

Originally posted by paraparmo and u wonder y sometimes people look down on armenians. bc one of our famous lawyers, is defending some gang member for killing a mexican youth. i went to that high school, i saw what happened...and a lot of other little kids did too from schools around the area...and i know that if this lawyer dude wins his case...hell go to hell =) hes condoning murder, and setting a bad example. i dont care if your a lawyer and u get paid. have some respect for ur fellow armenians, n choose not to take the case...bc hes gona end up lying to win cuz theres no way that guy isnt a murderer
              ahh poor mexicans... they're always the victim...
              Armenians are evil maaaan
              so you've NEVER lied in your life, cuz you're afraid of Hell?
              people ARE different...

Comment

Originally posted by anileve Indeed, what a nice line up of clients Gregaros has. Is this someone who is supposed to pose as role model to the young Armenians?
                yes.
                he's good at what he does!
                and thanx to HIM... lots and lots of people worldwide have heard of the word "Armenian"..
                but then again people like yourself care less about informing odars about us... cuz "we're all human" or "I'm not a racist"

Comment

lol yeah poor mexicans..blah blah blah...seriously man stfu. cuz i knew the guy n even if he wasnt so innocent. some stupid lil armos decided to gang up on him. if they were real men, theyd fight with their fists, not a gun =) not only that, a stupid lil 14 yr old girl drove the getaway car...cmon ur 14 man go to school make urself something. now the ironic part is, how they were refusing at one point, to have her trial be an adult trial. lmaoooo wooow how retarded. u do an adult crime, u deserve adult time. i dont care if your 14 i dont care if this "mexican" kid cussed u out, or threw a gang sign...there r people who r gona do that all throughout ur life, does that mean ur gona shoot every one of them? n the whole lawyer ordeal...yea yea devils advocate but seriously...they put rapists on the street...i really hope they sleep well at night. i just hope that one day, they realize that one rapist they lied for, for money...might rape THEIR child.

Comment

oh wow... you shut me up with an F word...
                    oh nooo
                    mommy I'm scared...
                    that means he's right!!
                    I'm goona start worshipping parapArmo
                    lol
                    SHAD esh ess

Comment

Working...
                    X