Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Current Condition of Armenia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Originally posted by arakeretzig View Post
    We need more investment from chinese. Thing is what can we offer them? Any ideas?
    Jewelry. Spirits. Engineering. If we had rule of law, they would be pouring more money into Armenia. In guerilla warfare, you have to use your weaknesses as strength. Armenia has high transport costs, which means an export driven economy in manufacturing is out of the question. This also means that it costs more to actually send cheap stuff to Armenia from China.

I think if Armenia built a strong rule of law, provided Vegas style entertainment, Boston level of college education, and a drive to have strong monetary and banking policy, we could see an influx of a lot of money.

Comment

Originally posted by arakeretzig View Post
      We need more investment from chinese. Thing is what can we offer them? Any ideas?
      This is funny. If the Armenians pressure almost everyone to invest with high taxes who would want to invest. I remember driving to Khor Virab and along the main highway I saw loads and loads of empty factories/warehouses . I asked my friends who they belonged to and if the Government had plans to fill them up. He said the Government has no plans like that . Now if I was the leader of Armenia I would be handing entrepreneurs or business men they keys to these places so they can create jobs. Tax free for the first 5 years then 5% after 5 years. Something needs to be done. So much potential. If I was to go and rent it ,they will milk me , if u was to buy it they will want something absolutely ridiculous. To be honest I wanted to start a large scale fish farming business. First of its kind with Australian fish, bred in warm waters , recirculating recycled integrated system which would of been an investment but something at the same time incredible.. I tried but before I could even start I was getting slaughtered trying to find a suitable place. People were helpful but the big boys are in control of the places I need and to be honest a lot of them got fish farms too , except they using water from the ground and selling species of that area, (trout).. could you imagine buying Barramundi or Jade Perch even Murray Cod. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by ASALA2116 View Post
        This is funny. If the Armenians pressure almost everyone to invest with high taxes who would want to invest. I remember driving to Khor Virab and along the main highway I saw loads and loads of empty factories/warehouses . I asked my friends who they belonged to and if the Government had plans to fill them up. He said the Government has no plans like that . Now if I was the leader of Armenia I would be handing entrepreneurs or business men they keys to these places so they can create jobs. Tax free for the first 5 years then 5% after 5 years. Something needs to be done. So much potential. If I was to go and rent it ,they will milk me , if u was to buy it they will want something absolutely ridiculous. To be honest I wanted to start a large scale fish farming business. First of its kind with Australian fish, bred in warm waters , recirculating recycled integrated system which would of been an investment but something at the same time incredible.. I tried but before I could even start I was getting slaughtered trying to find a suitable place. People were helpful but the big boys are in control of the places I need and to be honest a lot of them got fish farms too , except they using water from the ground and selling species of that area, (trout).. could you imagine buying Barramundi or Jade Perch even Murray Cod. Lol
        We have a guy that started about 6 months ago and allready advancing in positions. He emigrated about a year ago. An IT genius. Worked in R----------m Armenia (I just covered the full name, who knows?) in Yerevan, earning 500000 drams a month($1100.00). Very good.
        I asked him why he left Armenia since he was making officially a 100000 more than the president.
        His story...
        About 1-1/2, 2 years ago they installed a 23 years old boss that was a relative of some high ranking official. This guy did not know a thing about Internet. But a fiew months later department ended up a large amount of equipment and funds missing. He says everyone knew that the new boss did it with his government sponsors.
        One day this guy and several others were taken to police stations and interrogated, he was beaten up and kept for 36 hours. Police were demanding that he admit that he and several others were involved in theft and embezzlement of company funds. Everybody was afraid to say anything about boss and his click. His wife got a call from an unknown person telling her to let him know to "kheloq Mna" or else he would stay in jail.
        Long story short, after he got out, he took his wife and flew to London, from there to US. Was hired right on spot and given a business contract with visa.
        He says within six month of that insident, 1/2 the department he knew has ended up outside of country. Everyone who could just run out after released from arrest.
        He says one of his friends even went to Italy and asked for political assylum.
        All, educated IT people.
        If anyone doubts the story, can send me a message and I will introduce him/her with this guy.
        One think that I can verify, he is very professional that allready handles all company communications with all the branches in LA, Chicago, Conyers, Madison and England. And he has come to this country just little over a year.
        Last edited by Hakob; 08-04-2016, 05:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ASALA2116 View Post
          Too much drama , very sad. Why can't it just be like a normal country you can invest into. Why do they create headaches when you are creating jobs. It as if they don't want to see a better nation. All these terrorists who are destroying our countries advance need to be tied down and bashed to death with a bat .

In other news Armenian Service Men are being trained in the US. Does anyone know why Putin and Sargsyan are meeting next week ?
          Change the current rulers, they are Soviet legacy and corruption. Bring new blood. Be persistent for human rights and national and human values.
          Create an atmosphere of trust. Create an atmosphere of fairness and happiness.
          That all what we need.

Comment

I think the problem is cultural also. Not just soviet legacy. I know a family who have been living really bad for years just because the guy doesnt let his wife work and he doesnt even have a good stable job. Just stubborn moronic way of thinking that has been passed on for ages. We need to change as people. We also need to be nicer to each other. I cant count how many times i have seen ppl fight verbally in yerevan. One time it even began on the plane from moscow just as we were putting the bags in ghe cabbin. Everyone had like 10 piles of wrapped stuff and there is no space for the regular cabin bags. Hot headed and stubborn people and the soviets corrupt system doesnt help either.

Comment

Originally posted by Hakob View Post
              We have a guy that started about 6 months ago and allready advancing in positions. He emigrated about a year ago. An IT genius. Worked in R----------m Armenia (I just covered the full name, who knows?) in Yerevan, earning 500000 drams a month($1100.00). Very good.
              I asked him why he left Armenia since he was making officially a 100000 more than the president.
              His story...
              About 1-1/2, 2 years ago they installed a 23 years old boss that was a relative of some high ranking official. This guy did not know a thing about Internet. But a fiew months later department ended up a large amount of equipment and funds missing. He says everyone knew that the new boss did it with his government sponsors.
              One day this guy and several others were taken to police stations and interrogated, he was beaten up and kept for 36 hours. Police were demanding that he admit that he and several others were involved in theft and embezzlement of company funds. Everybody was afraid to say anything about boss and his click. His wife got a call from an unknown person telling her to let him know to "kheloq Mna" or else he would stay in jail.
              Long story short, after he got out, he took his wife and flew to London, from there to US. Was hired right on spot and given a business contract with visa.
              He says within six month of that insident, 1/2 the department he knew has ended up outside of country. Everyone who could just run out after released from arrest.
              He says one of his friends even went to Italy and asked for political assylum.
              All, educated IT people.
              If anyone doubts the story, can send me a message and I will introduce him/her with this guy.
              One think that I can verify, he is very professional that allready handles all company communications with all the branches in LA, Chicago, Conyers, Madison and England. And he has come to this country just little over a year.

But if you listen to some of the people in this thread then this isn't possible. Armenians in Armenia are lazy , unintelligent and only complain.
              There are thousands of stories like that , I could write books about people I know personally about things like that.

So next time someone here dares to tell me that it's as hard to live in fking Europe or the US as in Armenia , he should read what you wrote.
              We ( people in the West , yes me too ) have it at least 5 times easier than people in Armenia.

Comment

How could the Armenians here be stupid and we rock in mind games like chess.
                Been living here for 2 years, and I'm not an Eastern Armo. I can say they're definitely not stupid and much smarter than people I have seen in many countries including Europe.
                The issue is the older generation. They're still living in their Brejnev-era pride, being proud about how fluent their Russian is. But I can say that the new generation is great. I even met a couple of women who speak French (to my surprise). The people who have jobs don't nag, the naggers are usually taxi drivers and some bunch who don't like to work.
                After two years I can say that women are ready to work harder and learn much faster. They are also some 20 years ahead of men in the fashion department. Men have a looooooooooooot of catching up to do. When I walk into a bank I make sure I head towards the desk where a woman is sitting, and not a man. Men have their ego and pride, which for me is nothing other than being a villager. But this ego issue they got can be great for the army, though definitely not for a bank employee or anything that involves customer service.
                Then you have the other type of employees which act like they're working for free. Business psychology courses at grad level have taught me how to deal with people like them LOL.
                All in all, we're way way hard-working and smarter than Georgians for example. The Soviet disease and ego has to go into the trash can.
                Last edited by armnuke; 08-05-2016, 05:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by armnuke View Post
                  Been living here for 2 years, and I'm not an Eastern Armo. I can say they're definitely not stupid and much smarter than people I have seen in many countries including Europe.
                  The issue is the older generation. They're still living in their Brejnev-era pride, being proud about how fluent their Russian is. But I can say that the new generation is great. I even met a couple of women who speak French (to my surprise). The people who have jobs don't nag, the naggers are usually taxi drivers and some bunch who don't like to work.
                  After two years I can say that women are ready to work harder and learn much faster. They are also some 20 years ahead of men in the fashion department. Men have a looooooooooooot of catching up to do. When I walk into a bank I make sure I head towards the desk where a woman is sitting, and not a man. Men have their ego and pride, which for me is nothing other than being a villager. But this ego issue they got can be great for the army, though definitely not for a bank employee or anything that involves customer service.
                  Then you have the other type of employees which act like they're working for free. Business psychology courses at grad level have taught me how to deal with people like them LOL.
                  All in all, we're way way hard-working and smarter than Georgians for example. The Soviet disease and ego has to go into the trash can.
                  That is why I say, we must get rid of soviet legacy. Current leadership is 100% immersed in that legacy.
                  A culture, where one does not believe in self, but tries to use opportunities arising from a dictated environment in order to survive and even prosper.
                  Armnuke, you are very wrong thinking it is a generation issue. There are officials and lot of people that were born after Soviet Union, or were too young to remember anything, but are more Soviet types than people in 70's. Lots of people in police force, judiciary, Army, private sector have all Soviet mentality. All this corruption is.
                  I even see in California, that some young that are even born in US to emigrated parents, have total Soviet mentality. Being modern has nothing to do. If there was a strongman or an oligarkh in Los Angeles, they would gladly join and become a bodyguard or a soldier and mersilesly oppress anybody for their boss, without even a speck of consciousness.
                  You hear the news? In sari tagh Mher Sedrakian's private bodyguards and operatives were involved in instigating the fight and hurting people, reporters, throwing bombs, disguised as secret police.
                  And remember, I said this 2 weeks ago, even if police or ruling party stood back on the face of government change, legal or not, private armies or henchmen of oligarkhs will drown this change in blood. By killing protesters or assassinating opposition members that are bringing political change.
                  Maybe in near future Armenian's will finally learn that Pavlik's way was the only way to bring sudden and irreversible change to save the country.
                  100 years ago the Soviet revolution came and changed everything in a sudden and irreversible way. The legacy or society it left has to be changed the same way.

PS. Sorry for posting off topic, but it seems in this room is where most of us meet and all this discussions happening. For some reason military matters bring us clashing in social issues.
                  Last edited by Hakob; 08-05-2016, 07:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by armnuke View Post
                    Good post except I don't understand what's wrong with someone being proud of being fluent in Russian, or fluent in any language for that matter. Learning multiple languages is a must in any advanced society, let alone a language as difficult and necessary as Russian given they are our single largest trade partner and where 2 million Armenians live. Every Armenian in Armenia should strive to know basic English and Russian. Learning the enemy's language (Turkish/Azeri) is almost as important as well.
                    Azerbaboon: 9.000 Google hits and counting!

Comment

Originally posted by Federate View Post
                      Good post except I don't understand what's wrong with someone being proud of being fluent in Russian, or fluent in any language for that matter. Learning multiple languages is a must in any advanced society, let alone a language as difficult and necessary as Russian given they are our single largest trade partner and where 2 million Armenians live. Every Armenian in Armenia should strive to know basic English and Russian. Learning the enemy's language (Turkish/Azeri) is almost as important as well.
                      Agree 100% with the Russian and English part. Right now English is still not used enough , even by the youth.
                      They ( the government) should make English obligatory just like Russian.
                      Learning Turkish is totally not needed , since noone will ever speak it outside of where they are learning it and it would only promote emigration to Turkey ...

Comment

Working...
                      X