Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

politics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• politics

POLITICS
    When Gandhi, Einstein, and Thomas Mann
    were offered the presidency of India, Israel, and East Germany respectively,
    they said, no thanks.
    Which reminds me of Plato's dictum that
    those who seek power are the least qualified to handle it.
    That to me might as well be the most convincing explanation
    as to why world history is an endless catalog of lies, disasters, and tragedies.
    #

Re: politics

Ludwig Wittgenstein:
    "The limits of my language
    mean the limits of my world."
    It follows, to silence or ignore writers
    means limiting our options,
    and with them, our chances to survive
    and to achieve excellence,
    To survive in the jungle,
    you need all your faculties.
    #

Comment

SOLUTIONS / When we say we don’t need critics, we need solutions, what we really mean by solutions is verbal formulas like abracadabra. *We are like the drunk driver who after killing a pedestrian says to the judge: “Your Honor, I plead not guilty on the grounds that so far mankind has failed to discover a solution to the problem of alcoholism.”*So far mankind has failed to discover a formula that will end rape, murder and war too. Does that mean we should continue to trust our collective destiny into the hands of incompetent mediocrities who place their own interests above the interests if the nation?*What is astonishing is that we see nothing questionable in teaching this type of reasoning to our children in schools who then proceed to voice the slogan, “We don’t need critics, we need solutions.”*I am reminded of Gandhi who refused to visit America because he sensed he could not teach non-violence to a nation of gunslingers. And he was right.#

Comment

THIS & THAT / The higher they climb the more of their backside they expose. The story of all empires from the Roman to the Ottoman and the American.*With everything I write I make a new enemy. I consider that a move in the right direction.*What Armenians say about Turks is true. What Armenians don’t say about Armenians: that’s different.*Gide in his JOURNALS: What do the dreams of blind men look like?*Tolstoy to Chekhov: “You xxxxxd a great deal when you were young? (in Gorky’s REMINISCENCES.)#

Comment

UNDERSTANDING THE INCOMPREHENSIBLE / In what follows I will make an honest effort to understand and explain the Genocide provided we agree that to explain is not to justify.*Turks adopted and implemented a policy of systematic and total extermination in 1915 because for the fist time in their historic existence they were confronted with the possibility of their own extinction by foreign (the Great Powers and Russia) and domestic enemies (Greeks, Armenians, Kurds). *Surrounded on all sides by killers, they killed in self-defense. * If this is not the right explanation, I like to believe it may be a step (or an inch) in the direct direction. But perhaps I am flattering myself.#

Comment

NOTES / COMMENTS / Nothing will expose American double-talk more effectively than a Trump victory.*Men of faith are not our enemies. Men with closed minds are.*Men who read only one book and believe everything in it are potential serial killers.*It is not easy for a man or woman to be objective about the opposite sex. A limited number of experiences cannot do justice to an unlimited number of data.*One’s source of income defines one’s identity. If an Armenian’s source of income is Turkish, he will identify himself as a Turk.* Youth is a time for blunders. Old age, ditto.#

Comment

ON UNDERSTANDING
              Understanding is a work in progress.
              When I thought I understood
              all I needed to understand
              I understood nothing.
              God understands everything
              because He is everything.
              A united tribe doesn’t have to fight
              a divided empire; all it has to do is wait.
              Calling a military defeat a moral victory
              is worst than a lie, it is propaganda.
              An honest man’s options
              in a crooked world are limited:
              if it’s not the hemlock it’s the cross.
              I try to understand and explain
              war and massacre in a world where
              everyone is an expert on the subject.
              #

Comment

Originally posted by arabaliozian View Post
                ON UNDERSTANDING
                Calling a military defeat a moral victory
                is worst than a lie, it is propaganda.

#
                Those who claim moral victory have not themselves suffered war, massacre or starvation!

Comment

There are many forms of addiction;
                  addiction to propaganda is one of the most dangerous.

Comment

true!

Comment

Working...
                    X