Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Armenia's Tourism is booming.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Armenia's Tourism is booming.

Originally posted by Mher View Post
    And once again, off goes the self hating Armenian chorus
    Armenian immigration issues have nothing to do with ensuring it doesn't become little Iran
    and can you provide examples of Syrian Armenians who want to go back to Syria over staying in Armenia?
    Because at this moment I can provide to you examples, with name, facebooks, etc, of multiple syrian armenians who have moved and happily settled in Armenia

I don't understand how you people expect the government of Armenia on a $2 billion budget to miraculously modernize Armenia's roads while not increasing fees, provide housing and jobs for 100,000 Syrian-Armenians, appease two major power blocks, while keeping up with a nation which has a military budget 10-15 times the size of its military budget.

How far do you think 2 billion dollars goes exactly?
    to be exact that adds up to $20,000 per Syrian-Armenian

ya technically Armenian could fly over every last Syrian-Armenian, provide them housing and a job
    except it would mean the rest of the population would have to find a way to make it through the next year without schools, hospitals, a military, or a government
    I like your unbiased way of doing analysis, thanks. We don't like our leaders, but it doesn't mean that we must blame them in everything.
    Last edited by gegev; 08-27-2013, 08:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by gegev View Post
      I like your unbiased way of doing analysis, thanks. We don't like our leaders, but it doesn't mean that we must blame them in everything.
      Thank you

and yes, and certainly those leaders won't be dethroned, if they see a population too hopeless to even participate in democracy, let alone do anything to endanger their lives. I'm not going to lie, I was very hopeful for Rafi Hovanissian. But he proved very incompetent. In Armenia we essentially have five corrupt parties, and an incompetent one at best.

The reason the ruling party can continue to stay in power is that despite lack of popularity there is nobody we can genuinely point to and say is a better alternative.

And why do we have this issue?

The world’s largest public-opinion survey on corruption shows that more than half of respondents believe graft has worsened in their country in the past two years.

"The only country surveyed in which less than half of respondents said they would be prepared to do anything was Armenia. Less than one-third of people in the Caucasian state said they would even be willing to sign a petition, in stark contrast to countries like Kosovo, where more than 90 percent of people said they would.

The most common reason given by the Armenian public was the belief that taking action is futile."

Because we have population that has given up, because we have this mentality of why even bother. In a country very democratic and free by ex-soviet standards, you would think we would at least have more hope than Belarus, Azerbaijan, the many-istans

but no, we have people in Armenia thinking this is how it's always been, this how it always will be, why stay and fight, and we have people in the diaspora thinking, Armenia is this corrupt place, that we can donate to once a year, and we know for a fact, despite having any proof, that even that money gets stolen, and it's not a place that can ever compare to where i live now.

among the many disadvantages Armenia has, our mentality seems to be our biggest one

Comment

article published a few minutes ago about Syrian repat:

"Small and Medium Entrepreneurship Development Center gave me a 5,000,000 AMD loan at a convenient rate, but moreover, they gave me a direction, taught me the local laws and costumes"

Armenia is far from perfect, but it's not gonna get better by us constantly complaining about how doomed and hopeless it is

Comment

Armenia has a lot to offer tourists so it is a good bet that tourism is and will be growing. Diasporans should have done and should be doing way more to support this industry but they prefer to travel to other locations like Lebannon, Cyprus, AbuDabi..A typical diasporan will travel to the middle east a dozen times but won't set foot in Armenia yet will not hesitate to label him/herself a hayrenaser..Makes me wanna vomit.
          Mher i like your positive mentality and agree with most of the things you say but dude the fact that you along with so many others here supported Raffi is proof that Armenia is still very vulnerable to western backed color revolutions. How can you guys support someone who takes orders from the British embassy i will not understand.
          Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Originally posted by bell-the-cat View Post
            there are not enough hotel beds in the whole country to cater for that amount of visitors! But most of the big hotels are mafia owned - they will be reluctant to give out any data on occupancy and prices paid.
            I either stay with family or rent an apartment, of which there are plenty and well appointed to western palates
            I would offend anyone I know if I chose a hotel.......................I would class myself as a tourist when I go too.

Bell, why don't you lighten up on Armenia and Armenians once in a while? Either you need to change your therapist or your medication, or start taking some

Comment

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
              Diasporans should have done and should be doing way more to support this industry but they prefer to travel to other locations like Lebannon, Cyprus, AbuDabi..A typical diasporan will travel to the middle east a dozen times but won't set foot in Armenia yet will not hesitate to label him/herself a hayrenaser..Makes me wanna vomit.
              This argument needs to die already. You can't generalise that way, people visit their families in those countries. It just so happens that the West makes it very hard for them to get visas so it's more often people visiting them than other way around. I know Armenians from the West who visited Syria in 2012, you think they visited it because they want to be tourists there or maybe the fact that they might be seeing their relatives for the last time? Yes, there is something wrong with not visiting Armenia at all but just because they visit the Middle East over Armenia does not make them any less hayrenaser. Your assumption is that they treat those countries as their homelands and I agree with you when that is the case but more often than not, it isn't. With a family support system in the Middle East where you won't have to pay for simply sleeping there, you can see their appeal of visiting their relatives over Armenia.

The ones you should be targeting are the ones who visit all the expensive European countries or Caribbean resorts over visits to Armenia.
              Last edited by Federate; 08-28-2013, 09:07 AM.
              Azerbaboon: 9.000 Google hits and counting!

Comment

Originally posted by Federate View Post
                The ones you should be targeting are the ones who visit all the expensive European countries or Caribbean resorts over visits to Armenia.
                Or "politicians" in Armenia who spend their time gambling at Monte Carlo.

Haykakan, please choke on your own vomit. Thanks!

Comment

Yeh Fed i can see the appeal of visiting friends and family and not paying for lodging and food..I have no problem with them going to those countries over Armenia most of the time..but i do have a problem with them never ever setting foot in Armenia but Vacationing in those countries dozens of times. These are the same people who do nothing but complain about Hayastan without ever setting foot there. And yeh i have a problem with such people calling themselves hairenaser for if you can travel to those areas dozens of times and you truely are hairenaser then you would have found it within your heart and your wallet to at least set foot in Armenia.
                  As for Tom here well he is just another example of how forum rules only apply to some members and not the others..he can make unprovoked insults like this "Haykakan, please choke on your own vomit" knowing full well that he won't even get reprimanded meanwhile my very valid argument "needs to die already". I did not want to give up hope for this forum and my participation here has been the proof of that but crraapp like this just makes me wonder what this forum was set up to do in the first place?
                  Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
                    Yeh Fed i can see the appeal of visiting friends and family and not paying for lodging and food..I have no problem with them going to those countries over Armenia most of the time..but i do have a problem with them never ever setting foot in Armenia but Vacationing in those countries dozens of times. These are the same people who do nothing but complain about Hayastan without ever setting foot there. And yeh i have a problem with such people calling themselves hairenaser for if you can travel to those areas dozens of times and you truely are hairenaser then you would have found it within your heart and your wallet to at least set foot in Armenia.
                    As for Tom here well he is just another example of how forum rules only apply to some members and not the others..he can make unprovoked insults like this "Haykakan, please choke on your own vomit" knowing full well that he won't even get reprimanded meanwhile my very valid argument "needs to die already". I did not want to give up hope for this forum and my participation here has been the proof of that but crraapp like this just makes me wonder what this forum was set up to do in the first place?
                    I'm glad to see you don't have a problem with them going to the Middle East most of the time. And I already agreed that it's bad to not visit Armenia even once despite being able to travel multiple times to other countries, I have a problem with this too. Just know that it's not because of some loyalty to the Middle East or because they treat those countries as their homelands because that's the general assumption with these kinds of arguments. Those kind of people might exist, just like how some treat America as their homelands after one generation, but they are an overblown and used as a brush to paint everybody else. Please don't generalise an entire group of people, it's insulting to the many who actually do make the trip to Armenia. Just this summer for example: http://www.armenianweekly.com/2013/0...enetmen-games/ Anybody who's been to the Middle East knows that you're really not on vacation when you go there anyway. It's a hassle, full of stress

This forum was set up for everyone to whine about authority. The entire forum is an exercise where the authority purposely creates unjust rulings so that "the users" revolt and overthrow their oppressive rulers.
                    Last edited by Federate; 08-29-2013, 07:01 AM.
                    Azerbaboon: 9.000 Google hits and counting!

Comment

Originally posted by Federate View Post
                      I'm glad to see you don't have a problem with them going to the Middle East most of the time. And I already agreed that it's bad to not visit Armenia even once despite being able to travel multiple times to other countries, I have a problem with this too. Just know that it's not because of some loyalty to the Middle East or because they treat those countries as their homelands because that's the general assumption with these kinds of arguments. Those kind of people might exist, just like how some treat America as their homelands after one generation, but they are an overblown and used as a brush to paint everybody else. Please don't generalise an entire group of people, it's insulting to the many who actually do make the trip to Armenia. Just this summer for example: http://www.armenianweekly.com/2013/0...enetmen-games/ Anybody who's been to the Middle East knows that you're really not on vacation when you go there anyway. It's a hassle, full of stress

This forum was set up for everyone to whine about authority. The entire forum is an exercise where the authority purposely creates unjust rulings so that "the users" revolt and overthrow their oppressive rulers.
                      It appears that we agree on the general idea but we disagree on its pervasiveness " but they are an overblown out of proportion minority.. ".Yes i am finely seeing some positive signs with some diasporans sending their kids to Armenia but the people i described are hardly "an overblown out of proportion minority". I would say they are the norm not the minority. Either way a positive sign is better then nothing and i hope sending young people to Armenia is the beginning of a long term trend which is exactly what we need.
                      Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Working...
                      X