Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Turkey destroying it's support again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turkey destroying it's support again

Thousands of angry Turks burn Israeli flags, chant pro-Hamas slogans Friday in protest against Israel's offensive in Gaza Strip; in Egypt, thousands rally in one of Egypt's main mosques, many calling on Arab governments to take action to protect Palestinians

Read this, in a sense it is poetic justice that Israel simply got itself hated more with all it's sucking up to Turkey, serves them right, and hope they got the message.

Very nice, but my guess is these protests are about as valuable as the anti-war protests have been in the United States.

Comment

Originally posted by Gondorian
      http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7...269498,00.html

Read this, in a sense it is poetic justice that Israel simply got itself hated more with all it's sucking up to Turkey, serves them right, and hope they got the message.
      The successive governments of Turkey, like the majority of Turkish population, have always been, and still are, pro-Palestinian. However, with the exception of some Islamist fanatics, the Turkish people also believe in Israel's right to exist (in its pre-1967 borders). Now, since both Israeli and Palestinian governments are controlled by superhawkish dumbxxxxs, it looks like those with more military power (read:Israel) are causing more harm.

However, these fundamentalist minority of ours likes to protest and burn stuff every Friday at Beyazit Square in Istanbul, it must be a way of relief or orgasmic pleasure. If the entire world's problems are solved one day, next Friday they would protest that the neighbour's donkey farted too loud, and burn the Patagonian flag

Comment

Another Update

Here is more on Turkey arragontly demolishing it's support in Israel

Tayyip Erdogan criticises Israel's detention of Hamas cabinet ministers, says he will discuss crisis with White House

Also note I chose a pro-Turkish source on this to report with.

Comment

Originally posted by Vogelgrippe
          The successive governments of Turkey, like the majority of Turkish population, have always been, and still are, pro-Palestinian. However, with the exception of some Islamist fanatics, the Turkish people also believe in Israel's right to exist (in its pre-1967 borders). Now, since both Israeli and Palestinian governments are controlled by superhawkish dumbxxxxs, it looks like those with more military power (read:Israel) are causing more harm.

However, these fundamentalist minority of ours likes to protest and burn stuff every Friday at Beyazit Square in Istanbul, it must be a way of relief or orgasmic pleasure. If the entire world's problems are solved one day, next Friday they would protest that the neighbour's donkey farted too loud, and burn the Patagonian flag

Thanks for the summary. While others may see it as the Turks overreacting towards the Israelis I actually thinks its the Israeli reaction to the Palestinians as causing the problems. That being said, I also believe in Israel's right to exist.
          General Antranik (1865-1927): “I am not a nationalist. I recognize only one nation, the nation of the oppressed.”

Comment

Joseph I think you missed the point I was trying to make here by posting the two articles from a pro-Turkish News Paper.

Comment

[

Israel and Turkey are allies, we want Turkey to start losing power to bring it to its knees and force it to make ammends for the Armenian Genocide, this incident is therefore a good thing because it encourages a rift between Israel and Turkey, which weakens Turkish Power, which is a good step on the road towards Armenian Genocide Recognition.

Comment

Hello Cato, how goes it???

Comment

Originally posted by Gondorian
                  ... we want Turkey to start losing power to bring it to its knees and force it to make ammends for the Armenian Genocide, this incident is therefore a good thing because it encourages a rift between Israel and Turkey, which weakens Turkish Power, which is a good step on the road towards Armenian Genocide Recognition.....
                  I always thought that Turks were paranoid about Greeks and Armenians and Arabs and Martians thinking that they all hate us and we should be very careful and never trust them. I thought this was bullcrap maybe because I like to trust people so I used to think that all that was said was just conspiracy theories. I am more and more feeling that all you guys are dribbling over is the destruction of this country. Cant you crotch scratchers envisage a powerful Turkey recognizing the Armenian Genocide paying reparations, opening borders, economically aiding Armenia (ok ok yoıu dont need our money)....???? Nope you cant. You just have to see Turkey crawling on its knees or beamed back to Central Asia. Well tell that to Scotty, he might help ya

Comment

Originally posted by hitite
                    I always thought that Turks were paranoid about Greeks and Armenians and Arabs and Martians thinking that they all hate us and we should be very careful and never trust them. I thought this was bullcrap maybe because I like to trust people so I used to think that all that was said was just conspiracy theories. I am more and more feeling that all you guys are dribbling over is the destruction of this country. Cant you crotch scratchers envisage a powerful Turkey recognizing the Armenian Genocide paying reparations, opening borders, economically aiding Armenia (ok ok yo?u dont need our money)....???? Nope you cant. You just have to see Turkey crawling on its knees or beamed back to Central Asia. Well tell that to Scotty, he might help ya

hitite, I understand what you are trying to say. On the one hand there are those that want merely an apology and an honest look at the genocide on the behalf of Turks and there are others that want revenge. In fact, there are many different opinions regarding the settlement of this issue within the Armenian community and it stands to reason that in this forum you are certainly going to encounter the extreme.

While I realize you are frustrated, you have to also realize that for Armenians, we really don't see how Turkey is or will be a honest, friendly, or even magananimous towards Armenia. Present actions have shown us Turkey holds us in contempt.

In the attitudes of Armenians, Turkey will forever be seen as a self-righteous bully, a fascist nation who will continually make life difficult for Armenia. Turkey has done nothing to assuage this feeling amongst Armenians. Armenians are already resigned to the fact that we will probably forever be enemies.

While there are some Armenians who might be indifferent towards Turkey, you would be hard-pressed to find any Armenian who truly wishes Turkey well. Why should they? I think you would indeed be paranoid to think Armenia would ever somehow attack you or even have the power to hurt Turkey, we all know they don't have that power but at the same time, Armenians would have to be absolute saints to wish Turkey well after what has be done to our people.

Armenians made the mistake of trusting Turks in 1908 and paid a dear price for that; Armenians are currently being blockaded by Turkey; The Armenian Genocide is lied about and that is the ultimate insult to us; Turkey continually bullies Armenia at the behest of their "cousins" in Azerbaijan; Turkey has worked tirelessly to erase our presence in Anatolia...after all these things, how can you expect goodwill?
                    General Antranik (1865-1927): “I am not a nationalist. I recognize only one nation, the nation of the oppressed.”

Comment

Working...
                    X