Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Turks Who Aided Armenians during the Genocide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turks Who Aided Armenians during the Genocide

I am searching for accounts of Turks who aided Armenians during the Armenian Genocide. Please post any personal stories or stories of
    Turkish officials who protected Armenians. Also, if you can direct me toward information, I would appreciate it!
    Thank you!

Re: Turks Who Aided Armenians during the Genocide

Are you the same guy as in Topix ?

Good luck

Comment

I've wondered about this too. It's impossible that there weren't any Turks that helped Armenians out, it would make for a good movie or book

Comment

Ya I heard of one. An Armenian man who had been invited a number of times to the ?high ranked? Village simi hominoids house throughout the years came to the big mukity muck and pleaded for help to save his family and friends lives. He (the Armenian) said:have we not known each other all these years? Have you not invited me to your house many times throughout these years? Your(turk) authority is great, I (Armenian) beg you please help us in this . The simi hominoid replied: I will make sure my sword is freshly sharpened for your(Armenians) sake.
        Ya that would make a great movie.
        Artashes

Comment

Originally posted by Artashes View Post
          Ya I heard of one. An Armenian man who had been invited a number of times to the ?high ranked? Village simi hominoids house throughout the years came to the big mukity muck and pleaded for help to save his family and friends lives. He (the Armenian) said:have we not known each other all these years? Have you not invited me to your house many times throughout these years? Your(turk) authority is great, I (Armenian) beg you please help us in this . The simi hominoid replied: I will make sure my sword is freshly sharpened for your(Armenians) sake.
          Ya that would make a great movie.
          Artashes
          If you are going to look for gold in the -- John T. -- I suggest you wear a gas mask and gloves.
          Artashes

Comment

Originally posted by ara87 View Post
            I've wondered about this too. It's impossible that there weren't any Turks that helped Armenians out, it would make for a good movie or book
            I'm sorry, just can't hold this back any longer.
            For the sake of making a point lets say you find that anomaly(turk with compassion) and write book and/or movie. The(stupid) world would then conclude and generalize that turks in general are decent ?people? And the hominoid would be all over that like stink on shxt. It would be great propaganda for them and send out a totally false picture to the world.
            On the other hand, if one wrote a book and/or picture of the true (TRUE) story I told an honest(real) depiction would be portrayed.
            Does that make any sense to you?
            Artashes

Comment

Artashes, one of the major reason Turks have trouble accepting the Genocide, is that none of them want to believe their grandparents or great-grandparents would commit such horrible deeds.

If there were a story that came out about a Turk helping an Armenian, it would allow them to feel better about themselves and own up to what their nation has done, b/c the story would allow each and every Turk to envision their grandparent or great grandparent as the Turk who saved the persecuted Armenians, rather than the Turk who butchered the poor helpless Armenians.

A good example of this is America who doesn't deny their crimes against the Native Americans or African slaves. Americans have an easy time accepting and admitting these things b/c instead of some white American man thinking of his great-great grandfather as a guy who stole tribal lands, or as a cruel slave master, he can think of his great-great grandfather as the guy who stood up for Native Americans when no one else would, or as someone who helped slaves escape the South. It may not be true, but it allows the general population to own up to their country's crimes and still be able to sleep at night.

But I'm not even saying to make something up, I'm saying to investigate and find out a true story of a turk who helped an Armenian. I'm not saying that there are millions of them, but it's unbelievable to think that out of the entire Ottoman Empire there was not at least one Turkish man, woman, or child who hid an Armenian, or helped one escape.

Comment

Originally posted by ara87 View Post
                Artashes, one of the major reason Turks have trouble accepting the Genocide, is that none of them want to believe their grandparents or great-grandparents would commit such horrible deeds.

If there were a story that came out about a Turk helping an Armenian, it would allow them to feel better about themselves and own up to what their nation has done, b/c the story would allow each and every Turk to envision their grandparent or great grandparent as the Turk who saved the persecuted Armenians, rather than the Turk who butchered the poor helpless Armenians.

A good example of this is America who doesn't deny their crimes against the Native Americans or African slaves. Americans have an easy time accepting and admitting these things b/c instead of some white American man thinking of his great-great grandfather as a guy who stole tribal lands, or as a cruel slave master, he can think of his great-great grandfather as the guy who stood up for Native Americans when no one else would, or as someone who helped slaves escape the South. It may not be true, but it allows the general population to own up to their country's crimes and still be able to sleep at night.

But I'm not even saying to make something up, I'm saying to investigate and find out a true story of a turk who helped an Armenian. I'm not saying that there are millions of them, but it's unbelievable to think that out of the entire Ottoman Empire there was not at least one Turkish man, woman, or child who hid an Armenian, or helped one escape.
                This is difficult for me in this format and my lack of time but I'll try.
                You say : major reason turks have trouble accepting the AG is none want to believe their grandpas and great grandpas would commit such horrible deeds. You are right. They don't want to believe the truth.
                Many, many , many, many etc know the truth. It's common knowledge. It's not that they don't know it but rather they don't want the shame and accompanying stigma. And they don't want the world to believe what they don't want to believe . At the time of the murdering and murderous deportation virtually everyone knew what was happening. You cannot kill that many people and hide it from the rest of the community.
                You say: good story would allow them to feel better about themselves ... That's real kind of you to want to help them "feel better about themselves" but it is not the goal.that is what virtually every turk who has come on this forum has expressed as their primary goal. We are talking about genocide and the perpetuation of genocide not feeling good about oneself.
                You say: would allow each and every turk to invision their gran and greatgrand parents as "the" helpers of Armenians. You want them to invision a lie? The appropriate response is to be ashamed and horrified .
                Have to go
                Artashes

Comment

Originally posted by Artashes View Post
                  This is difficult for me in this format and my lack of time but I'll try.
                  You say : major reason turks have trouble accepting the AG is none want to believe their grandpas and great grandpas would commit such horrible deeds. You are right. They don't want to believe the truth.
                  Many, many , many, many etc know the truth. It's common knowledge. It's not that they don't know it but rather they don't want the shame and accompanying stigma. And they don't want the world to believe what they don't want to believe . At the time of the murdering and murderous deportation virtually everyone knew what was happening. You cannot kill that many people and hide it from the rest of the community.
                  You say: good story would allow them to feel better about themselves ... That's real kind of you to want to help them "feel better about themselves" but it is not the goal.that is what virtually every turk who has come on this forum has expressed as their primary goal. We are talking about genocide and the perpetuation of genocide not feeling good about oneself.
                  You say: would allow each and every turk to invision their gran and greatgrand parents as "the" helpers of Armenians. You want them to invision a lie? The appropriate response is to be ashamed and horrified .
                  Have to go
                  Artashes
                  I suppose some people would want to change history a la Hollywood to make it more palatable.

I think there are reports and examples of the "good turc/kurd" in records of the Genocide but I would have thought that simple human decency would have passed these good deeds through the relevant families in an oral account, onto the descendants..................no?

Comment

Originally posted by hrai View Post
                    I suppose some people would want to change history a la Hollywood to make it more palatable.

I think there are reports and examples of the "good turc/kurd" in records of the Genocide but I would have thought that simple human decency would have passed these good deeds through the relevant families in an oral account, onto the descendants..................no?
                    Lying to GOD is ridicules, lying to your own self is stupid. You can't fix stupid but GOD is gonna fix ridicules.
                    Artashes

Comment

Working...
                    X