Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!


2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.


- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.


8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Turkey and the Armenian Ghost published in Turkish

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Turkey and the Armenian Ghost published in Turkish

    A review by Hugh Pope, who calls for an English translation (the original is in French): http://hughpope.com/2013/07/19/turkeys-armenian-ghosts/

    I suppose a more nuanced denial like Pope's might emerge (or already has?) in Turkey before broader acceptance?

  • #2
    Re: Turkey and the Armenian Ghost published in Turkish

    Nothing will capture the essence of what the Armenians endured at the hands of the Turks and Kurds. I wonder if these authors mention the French role in any of it or perhaps they to have washed their hands with the soap made from Armenian bones.

    Originally posted by TomServo View Post
    A review by Hugh Pope, who calls for an English translation (the original is in French): http://hughpope.com/2013/07/19/turkeys-armenian-ghosts/

    I suppose a more nuanced denial like Pope's might emerge (or already has?) in Turkey before broader acceptance?
    Hayastan or Bust.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Turkey and the Armenian Ghost published in Turkish

      Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
      Nothing will capture the essence of what the Armenians endured at the hands of the Turks and Kurds.
      When will Armenians like you write such a book - never.
      Last edited by bell-the-cat; 04-13-2014, 09:30 AM.
      Plenipotentiary meow!

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Turkey and the Armenian Ghost published in Turkish

        Originally posted by TomServo View Post
        A review by Hugh Pope, who calls for an English translation (the original is in French): http://hughpope.com/2013/07/19/turkeys-armenian-ghosts/

        I suppose a more nuanced denial like Pope's might emerge (or already has?) in Turkey before broader acceptance?
        I dont see a nuanced denial by Pope. He just seems to be following the contemporary official Armenian and Turkish line encouraged by America and the EU - that it is a matter for Armenians and Turks (with careful external encouragement) to quietly and gradually come together in their own good time and decide amongst themselves what happened. Good for Marchand and Perrier that they seem to have decided to say xxxx you to all that: absolute truth is more important, the past is not owned by either Turks or Armenians, and we don't need wait for or have regard for the opinions of, or sensitivites of, idiots, liars, delusionists, and cowards - or be restrained in our criticism of them.
        Last edited by bell-the-cat; 04-13-2014, 09:34 AM.
        Plenipotentiary meow!

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Turkey and the Armenian Ghost published in Turkish

          I am contemplating writing a book actually. Not about the genocide for it is not my specialty. There are however many books written by Armenians on the genocide but i guess you consider them all trash and you conclude that only a nonarmenian can write such a book and have that book be deemed legitimate. I hope your racist views die with you Bell.

          Originally posted by bell-the-cat View Post
          When will Armenians like you write such a book - never.
          Hayastan or Bust.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Turkey and the Armenian Ghost published in Turkish

            Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
            I am contemplating writing a book actually. Not about the genocide for it is not my specialty. There are however many books written by Armenians on the genocide but i guess you consider them all trash and you conclude that only a nonarmenian can write such a book and have that book be deemed legitimate. I hope your racist views die with you Bell.
            Few books are worse than the typical "By Armenians for Armenians" books about general Armenian history - and (academic books and articles aside) Armenians don't seem interested in writing for a wider audience (even when they appear to be, they are really still writing it just for Armenians) and are, at the same time, scared that non-Armenians might do it successfully and thus expose Armenian failings, petty jealosies, and national myths. So of course I conclude that only a nonArmenian could write such a book as "Turkey and the Armenian Ghost".

            When some Armenians start calling you a Turk, you can be almost certain that you are right - but when they get to the stage of issuing death threats, that is the conclusive proof you are right. So - thanks Haykakan
            Last edited by bell-the-cat; 04-14-2014, 06:38 AM.
            Plenipotentiary meow!

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Turkey and the Armenian Ghost published in Turkish

              Originally posted by bell-the-cat View Post
              Few books are worse than the typical "By Armenians for Armenians" books about general Armenian history - and (academic books and articles aside) Armenians don't seem interested in writing for a wider audience (even when they appear to be, they are really still writing it just for Armenians) and are, at the same time, scared that non-Armenians might do it successfully and thus expose Armenian failings, petty jealosies, and national myths. So of course I conclude that only a nonArmenian could write such a book as "Turkey and the Armenian Ghost".

              When some Armenians start calling you a Turk, you can be almost certain that you are right - but when they get to the stage of issuing death threats, that is the conclusive proof you are right. So - thanks Haykakan
              Threat? What threat? No threats were issued nor implied. Nor have i called you a Turk from what i recall. You seem to think that people care enough about you to issue threats against you-as usual you are delusional and full of yourself.
              Hayastan or Bust.

              Comment

              Working...
              X