Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Peace at home, peace on earth:Mustafa Kemal Ataturk

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peace at home, peace on earth:Mustafa Kemal Ataturk

I have read your posts. I came to this forum because I sometimes grow suspicious about official history. I thought I can perhaps learn the other side of the coin from you friends.

Yesterday I was listening to NTV-BBC radio, and a Greek refugee of 1973 from Istanbul was talking about the new movie he made about the forced deportations of (1) Turks from Greece to Turkey, and (2) Greeks from Turkey to Greece.

He was not aggressive, and I really was surprised at what I heard from him. I am 37 years old, and a farily educated person (MBA from USA), but nobody thought us much in Turkey about the details of why Greeks left in 1973 and Turks came back...

Turkey is a secular democracy, but words cannot speak louder than deeds, so I decided to read you ladies' and gentlemen's posts here...I just ask myself:

OK, I AM TURKISH AND I LOVE MY COUNTRY. I HOPE THE ARMENIAN PEOPLE ARE WRONG, BECAUSE IF IT IS TRUE, THEN WHAT A SHAMEFUL PART OF HISTORY ON MY COUNTRY...

BUT IF IT WERE SO WRONG, WHY WOULD ARMENIANS NON-STOP TALK ABOUT THIS? MAYBE IT IS TRUE, MAYBE WE OWE THEM A HUGE APOLOGY...Ü

I still have the same feeling,...for what it is worth.

not that long ago you started a war in Cyprus , you -Turkey, occupied half the island and killed innocent people, and resettled turks from turkey to cyrprus. then you call it Turkey.

where is the logic in that?

dont you talk about the armneina genoide, and what you THINK of it...

The armenian genocide was a long time ago...i dont care if you belive it or not. ´you should stop lying and start facing the truth.

the turks are not only at fault here, everyone and that goes for almost hole europe
    who blindly goes with the flow and chooses not to speak about abuse of human right, and turkish violence are equally to blame.

Comment

Tres Bien: I think you're being a bit too agressive. His post was mild-mannered and respectful. There's no need to be so harsh so hastily.

Comment

I get very sad when my Turkish and Armenian friends get into arguments about the genocide because the people living in Turkey these days did not do this. I am from Bulgaria so I have way too many friends from both nationalities.

I think Turkey should apologize to Armenia on the official international level but can that make up for so many lost lives? I am not sure.

Now without any of you getting offended, I think there are too many similar things between the two cultures for Armenia and Turkey to be so alienated. And I think that at least on the personal level we should be respectful to each other.

Comment

I think Turkey is scared of admitting the Genocide cause that would mean reperations need to be made and they don't want to loose money/land/or respect in this situation.
          "All I know is I'm not a Marxist." -Karl Marx

Comment

stark avade.

If they have thought of coming to an armenian forum and writing a comment about the armenian genociide, surely they most also know about other things and be intrested. they must know how their goverment and country for not very long ago started another war , and this time in cyrprus.

I ts dubbel-standars. Sure we have manythings in comon with turks

Espacially the backwardsness. Yes,sorry its common nowaadays in the armenian community, and families. thats about it.
            Last edited by Tres Bien; 08-13-2004, 12:17 PM.

Comment

The point is that your response was unrelated to his post and harsh for no reason.

Comment

It had to do with Ataturk, Ataturk was a genocidal maniac so xxxx him.

Comment

I saw your post. It was probably perceived as inappropriate by the administrator.

Comment

I read Hyejinx1984's comment in the tread "working with turks". He says that he worked with 4 turks in an office, they were nice to him, but somehow he felt uneasy and "WANTED TO KILL THEM"...

I think this is a problem, but nothing about "supposed" or "true" genocide. I simply think this is a "sick" comment to make, and this hyejinx forum guest shows criminal attitude.

Back to the topic: The more I think about the situation around 1915, the more I realize what could have happened: Armenians, thinking they finally had a chance to grasp the land of Turks (ottomans) while the Ottomans were "in their opinion" weakened by the war with Russians, attacked Turkish communities, murdering many Turks. Obviously the first murderers were Armenians, but not the general Armenian populus, just some sick-disgusting Armenian militia-men.

The Ottomans, after successfully subduing the stupid Russians, turned back to face the rebelling and treacherous militia...of the Armenians. While delivering the "justified" response to the Armenian militia-losers, the situation got out of hand, and TOTALLY UNNECESSARY AND HATE-DRIVEN ATTACKS ON INNOCENT ARMENIANS was committed by the Ottoman troops...

Disgustingly opportunistic Armenian militia-losers versus the frenzied Ottoman troops: the two true crime perpetrators of history that need to be remembered...

Who paid the price? The innocent folk of decent Turkish-Armenians and Turks...

This is my opinion.

Comment

Working...
                    X