Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Opinions of a Turk, or two (hi from Turkey)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinions of a Turk, or two (hi from Turkey)

I'm muslim Turk living in Istanbul. Everyday i see armenia people living here with a smile in his/her face, working in their business, going church and living in harmony and peace. But nowadays i can't see smiling faces because of you misguided, misunderstood people who try to judge Ottoman Empire with nothing but genocide statement.

Armenian people lived in Anatolia more than 600 years. Ottoman Empire respect Armenian people. Then what happened? We all know that what happened... It was armenian people's treachery against Ottoman Empire in WWI . Russians and Frenchs seed corruption between nations and then you revolted. When the war finished Ottoman Empire punished Armenian people and send them to another lands (of course these lands not wealthy because it's exile!).

We all know poor Armenian people living in Armenia today. But in US and other countries Armenians are living wealthy life and they think they are doing right thing for Armenian people. But they are doing worst. Relations between two nations becoming bad day by day.

It's not fair you know. You are not taking side with your neighbor Turks, you are taking side with countries against Turkey. Don't be stupid and read what happened .
    Last edited by thinktwice; 05-04-2005, 01:22 AM.
    Question to brainless diaspora freak: where are your archives?

The Armenians lived in Anatolia for more than 5000 years and not 600 you clown.Then the barbarian Turks came from Mongolia and took our holy lands.It doesnt matter what you deluded Turks think.No Armenian ever lived happy under the Ottoman tyrany.I know that you are afraid of us.You are afraid because your end is coming.Your fake nation will be cut in pieces and there is nothing you can do about it this time.Because we are not going to die unarmed like sheeps this time.No Turk will be forgiven for being a Turk.

I hope all the Armenians who think that ,''its not the fault of the present Turk about what happened to us '' read what this clown said.This is how the Turks think.They are the same with their grandparents.I am sure if they had the chance to make another Genocide against us ,just to shut our voices which speak the truth, they would definately do that again.It is self evident that we cant live peacefully with those guys , they just provoke us and they will never admit their actions.After all they are a bunch of Neo Nazis nobody likes them.We all know what needs to be done with the Turkish issue, for the sake of humanity.

Comment

Sorry - this treachery thesis holds no water. Much like deniers of the Holocaust - who claim the very same things concerning the Jews - your is racist propoganda that was used to justify taking unwarrented and impossible to justify extreme measures to wipe out Armenains of Anatolia. You really know nothing. McCarthy, Atoc, Fein - give me a break. All of these "so-called" historians and their accounts have been countered and shown to be full of lies. At best the Turkish (and Turkish bought) counter charges are extreme exagerations - that even if they were true - cannot ever jusitify what was done to the Armenian people. Ottoman allies - Germans and Austrians - were in Anatolia at the time and reported no uprising - no rebellion - and no significant violence perpetrated by Armenians - but the opposite. The Germans were so chagrined by what they witnessed thatt they formally attempted to wipe their hands of it. Are you aware of this? Are you aware of the overwhelming verified documentation of the crimes? Do you at all understand what happened (well obviously you don't). If the Armenians were militarized and terrorizing Turks as you say - there would be no Turkey today - it would be Armenia - but its not - because these charges are largely ficticious. They were propoganda used by the CUP at the time to justify their actions and hide what was really occuring -a deliberate mass slaughter and extermination of Armenains in their midsts - and for what - Pan-Turkist/Turanist xenophobic racism (that Turks like you perpetuate to this day!), scapegoating and and attempt to Turkify and remove "foriegn" influences (anything non-Turk). Your Ataturk continued this policy with further massacre, and population expulsion (through represive policies) that continued (against Jews, Armenians and Greeks) into the 1950s - and attempted Turkification of the Kurds that only very recently has been repudiated - though racist attitudes and policies continue. Anyway the evidence for all of this is widely available and you should be able to see some of it for yourself if you weren't so brainwashed and howling at the moon (as you Grey Wolves do...)...yeah be a proud Turk - continue to deny and believe myths and lies instead of thinking a bit for yourself and attempting to understand. So does Thinktwice refer to looking both ways before crossing the road - I assume you do this - otherwise someone with your obvious lack of intelligence wouldn't have survived to age 14 - and there is certainly no evidence of any brain usage beyond the most base and elemental. Oh and yeah - welcome to our forum - I would hope that perhaps you might show some social graces and good spirit to actually make an attempt at civility and understanding (I know I am just a dreamer and hope for what is perhaps impossible) - if you truly believe yourself to be a just and moral person. We don't hate you - just your programming. A rebot is in order - make that a reformat - from the ground up....

Comment

Originally posted by thinktwice
        You are not taking side with your neighbor Turks, you are taking side with countries against Turkey.
        Oh and I just love this one! The very typical Turkish response. Yeah - and the threat to take it out on the defensless (and obvioulsy terrified) local Armenian population that remains...yeah some neighbor you are...no wonder they are no longer smiling...they have seen your type before...

Comment

eh barab gleer.

Comment

I was waiting this senseless thoughts. Ottomans Empire was consist of many ethnic people from a lot of nations. And you telling me that Great Ottoman Empire afraid of a bunch of armenian people and killed them. It is just your big lie. You know your parents were guilty and you don't want to remember that. You just want to hear so called genocide lie. You telling each other it happened like this and like that without proof. How can you say that you didn't backstab Ottoman Empire. Archives all over the world writing it. We all know you take side with enemies...

It's history and you can't deny your treachery.

Do you want a few proof to investigate? Hincak, Tasnak...

Comment

Yes i am sure unarmed women and children were realy ferocious traitors.Turks are brave against women and childern.
              So brave that 4 days ago in the May 1st demonstrations they beat women again.

Comment

I didn't mention all armenians were traitors. But we know from history some of you take part with enemies. And you know war times becomes very sensitive for nations. What were you expecting when backstabbing Turks? Better life, better country for you people? Don't come up with innocent people. And you see it isn't so-called genocide it's your hatred of dead people during exile. So quit bothering with Turks...

Comment

I was waiting this senseless thoughts. Ottomans Empire was consist of many ethnic people from a lot of nations. And you telling me that Great Ottoman Empire afraid of a bunch of armenian people and killed them. It is just your big lie. You know your parents were guilty and you don't want to remember that. You just want to hear so called genocide lie. You telling each other it happened like this and like that without proof. How can you say that you didn't backstab Ottoman Empire. Archives all over the world writing it. We all know you take side with enemies...

It's history and you can't deny your treachery.

Do you want a few proof to investigate? Hincak, Tasnak...
                  If it was an issue of trechory, why did the Armenians voluntarily give up any arms they had to the Turkish Army in their time of "dier needs to stand up against the Russian charge"? Why didn't we start shooting them instead when they said the Russians were proving to be a challenge, instead of giving away the only hope we would have had for revolting (our weapons)? Why were there Armenian soldiers still in the Turkish army, unfortunately shooting fellow Armenians in the Russian army?

And lets just say for the sake of argument that it WAS for trechory. The handfull of pockets of revolutionists some how justifys the murder of 1.5 million people? How exactly does this justify sending olderly men, women and children into the desert? Were they afraid the 5 year olds were going to behead Turkish soldiers when they started beheading the 5 year olds? Were they protecting their country when they raped women? Was sending the 70 year olds on an EXTREMELY long "walk" in the scorching sun, with no food or water a form of punishment because those 70 year olds were leading a revolution? You're saying that Armenians deserved what they got because of a handfull of rebels??? This is pretty much what the Turkish defense boils down to, isn't it? "The 1.5 million Armenians killed should not be considered part of a genocide, since they deserved it". I highly doubt you're going to get too many people on your side with that one.

Not to mention, you just contridicted yourself. You said we were "exiled" because we revolted, yet you said the Ottoman Empire wasn't afraid of Armenians. Well? Which one is it? Did they exile us because they were afraid of us revolting, or were they not afraid of us, so the deportations didn't happen?

And let's not get into a debate of evidence. Remember, we have Turkish witnesses, who aren't afraid to speak up about what they saw/how they helped many Armenian friends escape, we have many German witnesses (remember? The Germans? The guys that helped lead this sharade for you?) who were witnesses of what happened, and spoke up, etc. Hell, Armin Wagner (German army medic) even took PHOTOS of what happened, while writing a diary of it. He later went to jail for taking and exposing these photos (traitor). He also went to Hitler, and pleaded with him not to go through with his plan, after seeing what he saw happen to the Armenians. There are COUTNLESS accounts like this. And one other major thing Turks keep seeming to forget. This was ALL OVER the PAPERS in 1915/16. Daily reports of one massacre after another. How can something so well documented be questioned? Christ almighty!

You know what the funniest part is? Even the government immediately succeeding the Young Turks admitted a genocide happened. But after several decades of silence on the subject, it was only then that the policy of denial began. How come your current government doesn't tell you about that part? How come they don't say "well....at first we admitted to the genocide....but now we change our minds, it didn't happen"?

There's much more to review, but I have this thing called work to go to...

Comment

Armenian people lived in Anatolia more than 600 years. Ottoman Empire respect Armenian people. Then what happened? .
                    Why don't we let the people who were there and witnessed the happenings tell us what happened then?

Comment

Working...
                    X