Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

How to help Turks listen to you and try to understand your issues?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to help Turks listen to you and try to understand your issues?!

1. I am 38 years old, an engineer, plus an MBA in the USA. I post this, because I try to show you that I was lucky enough to have a good education, however, HONESTLY, I sincerely do not know too much about 1915 and before, despite supposedly good education.

2. All we Turks hear and read about Armenian issue is a) How much you Armenians hate us b) How innocent our Ottoman ancestors actually were.

You know very well that the education level in Turkey in general is not overly superior to Armenia. Thus, if lucky people like me with better than average education cannot get enough DETAILS on the Ottoman-Armenian issue, how much do you think general Turkish population knows???

You should also try to understand my point: I live in Turkey, and I never hear anything negative (actually not too much news on Armenians) about Armenians, but the only time we hear the word "Armenian" in Turkey is when Armenian lobbies are conjuring some new stuff again

I REALLY REALLY WOULD PREFER AND WANT TO KNOW THE "TRUTH". But your aggressive and hatred filled prejudice makes it impossible for me (also almost all Turks) to find any reason or opportunity to listen to you.

Think about it....

I feel ashamed of the prejudice shown here, as you are clearly innocent of these crimes, and you sound like a decent man who's just using the information he's been given like he should.

And yes, you should pride your education. One of the reasons my grand parents left Istanbul was to provide a better education for their children.

Comment

Originally posted by loveataturk
      I REALLY REALLY WOULD PREFER AND WANT TO KNOW THE "TRUTH". But your aggressive and hatred filled prejudice makes it impossible for me (also almost all Turks) to find any reason or opportunity to listen to you.
      Did you ever consider the possibility that maybe the "hatred filled prejudice" is somehow justified? Maybe if you want the truth, you can start by typing "armenian genocide" in google and taking a look at the first link that popps up in google ... then the second ... then the third ... then the fourth ... then the fifth ... then the sixth ... ... ... maybe by the 20th link you'll get a small sense of what this whole thing is about.

Amazingly enough, a lot of Turks that show up around here trying to discuss the Truth turn out to be complete Trolls looking to get their Jollies by getting atttention (any sort of attention). So the "prejudice" is not that unjustified where a forum like this is concerned.
      Last edited by Sip; 09-23-2005, 11:37 AM.
      this post = teh win.

Comment

Originally posted by Sip
        Amazingly enough, a lot of Turks that show up around here trying to discuss the Truth turn out to be complete Trolls looking to get their Jollies by getting atttention (any sort of attention). So the "prejudice" is not that unjustified where a forum like this is concerned.
        Precisely.
        Achkerov kute.

Comment

Turkish person - if what yousay is true (and the part about not knowing your histoyr is at the very least true) - then there is plenty of information available on the web - and even some in past threads in this forum - for you to educate yourself a bit. And there are individuals on both sides who are both without a clue and overly nationalistic and aggressive - this has nothing to do with the facts and with Turks such as yourself accepting such and understanding why Armenians were killed en mass by Turks.

Comment

Sincerely, no "jollies" and no enjoyment of getting "any attention" as some forumites claim here. It is absolutely irrefutable that Talat Pasha government had to do "SOMETHING" about the non-quenchable thirst of Armenians to break loose of the Ottoman sovereignty, following in the footsteps of the Greeks, Bulgarians, Romanians....but this time (at least for once) the Ottoman did not succumb to the treachery of Britain and Russia, neither crumble to the reellion of the Armenian militia.

It is irrefutable, for many Turkish people, that Talat's government had no alternative to RELOCATION of Armenians away form their strongholds in anatolia to Syria and Iraq...What else could they do, after having eliminated the armed Armenian militia? Wait for the remaining Armenians to rebel again and again?

Comment

Sincerely, no "jollies" and no enjoyment of getting "any attention" as some forumites claim here. It is absolutely irrefutable that Talat Pasha government had to do "SOMETHING" about the non-quenchable thirst of Armenians to break loose of the Ottoman sovereignty, following in the footsteps of the Greeks, Bulgarians, Romanians....but this time (at least for once) the Ottoman did not succumb to the treachery of Britain and Russia, neither crumble to the reellion of the Armenian militia.

It is irrefutable, for many Turkish people, that Talat's government had no alternative to RELOCATION of Armenians away form their strongholds in anatolia to Syria and Iraq...What else could they do, after having eliminated the armed Armenian militia? Wait for the remaining Armenians to rebel again and again?
              You will continue to believe in these non-exsistant events and circumstances if you shelter yourself from exposure to true facs and history. Should we likewise assume that you believe that the "final solution" was Hitler's only sensible alternative for taking care of those pesky J ews who were actively scheming against the interests of Germany and had already cost it the laast war? Until you can show that you have the ability to comprehend truth from fiction you are not worth talking or listening too or should we in any way take you seriously.

Comment

yeah besides why do you ignore the eyewitness accounts that I posted.

Comment

You want the TRUTH???? At least as far as my own personel opnion? Here it is:

It is very very very possible that the Ottoman regime took out its frustration of strings of land-territory losses to consecutive revolts (greek, bulgarian, egyptian, romanian) on the Armenians of anatolia. The Armenian populus and thus their military resistance capacity was lower than that of greeks, bulgarians and the Armenians were cut off from Europe, their "supposed" good friends (France, England etc), thus it was easier to exact vengeance on Armenians than on the greeks or bulgarians.

What should Ottomans have done? They should have gathered together the armenian militia leaders, armed rebels and EXECUTED them, but that would be only the criminals. Why Ottomans decided to punish (and thus inflict absolutely unacceptable and in-human pain on innocent Armneian civllis) a whole populus is IN-EXCUSABLE...

YOU UNDERSTAND???? WE TURKS ARE NOT IDIOTS...WE DO SMELL THE ROTTEN ODODR THAT COMES OUT OF OUR GOVERNMENT'S OFFICIAL LINE...

Comment

You want the TRUTH???? At least as far as my own personel opnion? Here it is:

It is very very very possible that the Ottoman regime took out its frustration of strings of land-territory losses to consecutive revolts (greek, bulgarian, egyptian, romanian) on the Armenians of anatolia. The Armenian populus and thus their military resistance capacity was lower than that of greeks, bulgarians and the Armenians were cut off from Europe, their "supposed" good friends (France, England etc), thus it was easier to exact vengeance on Armenians than on the greeks or bulgarians.

What should Ottomans have done? They should have gathered together the armenian militia leaders, armed rebels and EXECUTED them, but that would be only the criminals. Why Ottomans decided to punish (and thus inflict absolutely unacceptable and in-human pain on innocent Armneian civllis) a whole populus is IN-EXCUSABLE...

YOU UNDERSTAND???? WE TURKS ARE NOT IDIOTS...WE DO SMELL THE ROTTEN ODODR THAT COMES OUT OF OUR GOVERNMENT'S OFFICIAL LINE...
                    OK - that is better - so what is all your other bullxxxx about then - accusing us etc?

And to characterize the Armenian position of 1914/15 as any kind of armed resistance (or in rebellion or seeking independence) is innacurate - this assertion is just entirely untrue. The number of Armenian militia operating within Anatolia was in fact quite small (certainly less then the number of Azeri and Kurdish militia operating in the Caucuses against the Russians and even the number of Kurdish bandits rampaging through the Anatolian countryside killing both Armenians and Turks). So - bottom line is that any military justification is entirely contrived. The extermination of the Armenians was part of a political plan on the part of the CUP to further their Pan-Turkic aims - and was part of a paranoid racist ;ashing out from a group of very nasty men much like the Nazis in WWII. In both cases the falling fortunes of empire and the dire economic and social conditions of the people led to the comming to power of a party with radical "final solutions" to percieved ethnic issues involving "other" types - religeous-ethnic minorities who were prospering and comming into their own at a time when the rest of the nation was suffering -thus the policy of annhilation of these elements and the appropriation of their wealth. This is the reality - so you can just stuff it with your supposed rationalizations.

Comment

Working...
                    X