Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Pakistani newspaper covers the Armenian genocide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pakistani newspaper covers the Armenian genocide

Pakistan is one of the most anti-Armenian countries out there. They don't even recognise Armenia as an independent state (even Turkey recognises us). They can go to hell, I hope India takes care of them...
    Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
    ---
    "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

If you go on this website (some Pakistani news source) at the bottom there is readers comments area.

KARACHI: Sindh Governor Mohammad Zubair has said that poverty and unemployment are the main causes of terrorism.Without eliminating them, he said, it is not possible to bring durable peace and...

There is also option to “select country” ( origin of commenter).

What amazed me there is no Armenia.
      What a bunch of morons.

I did not check, but it may apply to all Pakistani websites.

The Azerbaboons must love them.
      Politics is not about the pursuit of morality nor what's right or wrong
      Its about self interest at personal and national level often at odds with the above.
      Great politicians pursue the National interest and small politicians personal interests

Comment

Originally posted by Zartonq View Post
        Pakistan as an entity should have never existed in the first place.
        A mistake that one day will likely be corrected.

Pakistan is a corrupt feudal society and in many repects it is falling behind Bangladesh. However it's intresting to note that their is a drive towards secularism in the wider region. As the intensity and duration, war in Afghanistan/Pakistan. Has sufficiently unnerved their Asian neighbours for them to seek to crub, the rise of extremism.

Comment

Saudi Arabia is also rather pro-Azeri, and Jordan also to my knowledge.

The Azerbaijani president has received ambassadors and heads of mission of Muslim countries in Baku on the occasion of the holy month of Ramadan.
          Addressing the diplomats, Ilham Alilyev stressed the importance of cooperation among Muslim countries and mutual support in international organizations.
          The president's speeches and the response of the ambassadors are published below, taken from reports on the presidential website.
          "Dear ambassadors, I congratulate you heartily. Our meetings on the holy month of Ramadan have become a tradition. I am glad to be meeting you once again. I ask you to extend my sincere wishes and congratulations on occasion of the holiday to the heads of states and governments of the countries you represent.

"Our country cooperates closely with the countries you represent. I am happy that this cooperation and friendly ties are strengthening day by day. We want to widen and deepen our ties with all Muslim countries in political, economic and all other spheres.

"I am very pleased that the number of embassies of Muslim countries in Azerbaijan is growing. From year to year the number of ambassadors at this table increases. God willing, in a few years we will have to sit at a bigger table. At the same time, Azerbaijan is increasing the number of its embassies in Muslim countries. This is a sign of our attitude towards each other and, at the same time, it is a need. We very much want the relationship among all Muslim countries to develop more rapidly.

"At the same time our cooperation in international organizations is continuing successfully. We work closely and always support each other in the United Nations, the Organization of Islamic Cooperation, and other organizations. During the discussion of the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict in the UN General Assembly a few years ago, we received a great deal of support from Muslim countries. We are grateful for this support and we feel it today.

"Azerbaijan, in turn, has always defended the interests of Muslim countries in all international organizations, and this policy will continue in the future. I am sure that strengthening Islamic solidarity is a need, especially nowadays. The unity among us should be even closer. Economic ties must widen. Of course, mutual support should be high. In any case, Azerbaijan, for its part, takes important steps to achieve these goals.

"Several high profile events have been held in our country through the Organization of Islamic Cooperation. As you know, we have very close ties with ISESCO [Islamic Education, Scientific and Cultural Organization]. Our country has made very great efforts to promote Islamic culture in the world. We are proud that in 2009 Baku was declared the capital of Islamic culture. In 2018, the honorary title will granted to another ancient city of our country - Nakhchivan.
          Support on Karabakh

"Dear friends, I cordially welcome you again. I wish you, your families and the countries you represent success. I am sure that you feel at home in Baku. I hope that your work here will be very successful as usual. So you are really at home here."

Congratulating President Ilham Aliyev and the Azerbaijani people on behalf of the ambassadors and heads of diplomatic missions of Muslim countries in Azerbaijan, on the occasion of the holy month of Ramadan, Uzbek Ambassador Ismatilla Ergashev said:

"Today Azerbaijan is an important factors that has a direct impact not only on regional, but also international developments and trends. We watch with sincere interest and sympathy the dynamic pace of reforms and the successful transformation of the economy and social sphere of Azerbaijan. Vivid and compelling evidence of this is that, despite the current global financial crisis, Azerbaijan continues to show good results in the growth of the national economy. The country has successfully implemented large-scale infrastructure projects. Of course, all this is ensured by correct and sound economic reforms.

"Mr President, you are successfully continuing the economic reforms, founded by national leader Heydar Aliyev. The Azerbaijani people does not only see but also benefits from these reforms. The achievements of Azerbaijan in the humanitarian sphere also look impressive. In this context it should be noted that the victory of Azerbaijan in Eurovision-2011 is a remarkable event for all Muslim countries. At the same time, we welcome the efforts of Azerbaijan, aimed at reviving and increasing the rich Muslim heritage.
          "A bright example of this is the annual International Festival of Mugam held in Azerbaijan. Of course, we, as representatives of Muslim countries, will support the people of Azerbaijan in the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict. We are confident that this problem will be solved on the basis of the norms and principles of international law within the territorial integrity of Azerbaijan. Azerbaijani internally displaced persons will return to their native land, Nagorno-Karabakh.”
          Muslim solidarity
          Thanking the Uzbek ambassador for his kind words, Ilham Aliyev said:

“Indeed, our country is developing in all spheres, as you said, in the in economic, humanitarian and cultural fields. We are making efforts to achieve the overall development of our country, to improve the well-being of the people and solve all problems facing the country. As you know, there are different programs. These programs are being implemented.

"The appearance of our cities is changing and landscaping work is under way everywhere. Seeing that our friends, brothers, are happy at our success, we are, of course, also very happy. Representatives of your countries have indeed always sincerely supported positive processes going on in Azerbaijan. We have always felt that support.

"We will be celebrating the 20th anniversary of our independence this year. Over these years Azerbaijan has demonstrated that it can live and develop as an independent country and live well. Of course, much work still remains to be done. We are trying to make our country one of the developed countries. We have the capacity to do this. We have political will and have financial resources, sound policies and strategic direction. Of course, to achieve what we desire, it is necessary to step up communication at the international level based on mutual trust.

"I want to reiterate that we have seen the greatest support in the international arena from Muslim countries at all times and we see this today. Muslim countries have supported us from the early years of our independence to this day.

"Turkey, a Muslim country, was the first to recognize us. After that, other countries recognized us as an independent nation. We became a member of the Organization of Islamic Cooperation - at that time it was called the Organization of the Islamic Conference - and have always seen support within the organization. In particular, there are numerous statutes and resolutions by the Organization of Islamic Cooperation related to the Armenian-Azerbaijani conflict over Nagorno-Karabakh which strengthen our position.

"As you noted, Azerbaijan has become a candidate for non-permanent membership of the UN Security Council. In this regard, I haye sent letters to my counterparts. I am very pleased that there is already a positive response from several of my counterparts. I am very grateful for that.

"I want to emphasize that all Muslim countries should always stand by each other, support each other in both the political and economic spheres. Unity, solidarity and cooperation among Muslim countries should reach an even higher level, especially at the present time when we are confronted with an abnormal attitude towards our religion in some cases.

"Unfortunately, the trend of Islamophobia is growing. Different views related to multiculturalism are put forward as if multiculturalism has failed. However, our experience and the experience of countries you represent show that multiculturalism is alive and developing. There are good examples of this. This experience should be studied.

"That is, all these questions, of course, must be in the spotlight. We continually raise these issues on international platforms. Azerbaijan is a member of both the Organization of Islamic Cooperation and the Council of Europe. That is, we have enough opportunities to express our position, in particular, on these issues, and we take these opportunities.

"We must promote our national and religious values. The Islamic religion is a religion of brotherhood and friendship. Islam promotes peace-loving trends in the world. Therefore, we must increasingly promote the true essence of our religion in the world.

"Unfortunately, some circles have an inappropriate, abnormal and very negative attitude towards Islam. We must struggle, and this struggle can be successful only if there is unity. We have our own stance on all international issues, and we must defend our stance. Calls for unity are not just beautiful slogans. This is really a necessity, it is necessary for our peoples and countries. We want very much the entire Muslim world to rally even closer. There is a great need for this. We are also very concerned about the difficulties and problems being experienced in some Muslim countries. We want this crisis to be eliminated as quickly as possible and peace, cooperation and tranquility to be established in the Muslim world.

"We have bilateral trade commissions with the Muslim countries. The work of these committees is effective, and we should try to achieve success in all areas.

"It is very good that political relations are at a high level. Young people must maintain ties in the economic and cultural fields. The Youth Forum of the Organization of Islamic Cooperation is also very active. We must unite young people so that they communicate with each other. They will run our countries in future. They need to be in close relations already now so that our interests will be secured.

"You know that every country has its own problems. Of course, internal resources play a major role in solving problems in each country. But support from outside, foreign aid and moral support also play a significant role. I want to say once again that we have always seen this attention and support from Islamic countries in the 20 years of our independence. In turn, we tried to render our support, too. I am confident that our success and successful development will depend on this mutual support even more in the coming years.

"I once again congratulate you on the upcoming holiday. Once again I ask you to convey my sincere greetings to the leaders of the countries you represent and my best wishes to the public of your countries. Thank you."

1news.az
          Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
          ---
          "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

As we know, the British thought that creating Pakistan would solve a challenge. It did not.

It is interesting to read the India Today Newspaper from time to time in regards to this situation, and the
            tense relations between Pakistan and India. Especially their strong desire for Kashmir. I liken it to
            Nagorno-Karabagh in some ways.

Comment

pakistan is a close ally and a follower of turkey. the hindus and christians in pak are treated in the same way as christians in turkey. the severe fighting and economic downturn will lead to its collapse.

Comment

Originally posted by UrMistake View Post
                +1 Well someone should point the obvious ....
                The other evening I got that depressed about things that I phoned a suicide-helpline....................I got put through to a call centre in Pakistan. The guy there got really excited and asked me if I could drive a truck.

Comment

Working...
                X