Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!


2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.


- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.


8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Armenian Genocide Commemoration in Beirut

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Armenian Genocide Commemoration in Beirut




















  • #2
    Re: Armenian Genocide Commemoration in Beirut



















    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Armenian Genocide Commemoration in Beirut









      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Armenian Genocide Commemoration in Beirut

        Flag-burning is so passť.

        What do you imagine a less learned person would think after taking one look at these pictures (with its Beirut backdrop, flag-burning crowd and signs in Arabic and some other alien script)?

        And I wonder how many non-Armenian Lebanese or Palestinians actually attended this protest? I'm guessing not many.

        The one sign I like is the one that says Ես Մշեցի եմ (I'm from Mush). Oh, and also the sign that transliterates Արարատ as Ararad.
        Last edited by TomServo; 04-26-2013, 02:25 AM.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Armenian Genocide Commemoration in Beirut

          Originally posted by TomServo View Post
          Flag-burning is so passť.

          What do you imagine a less learned person would think after taking one look at these pictures (with its Beirut backdrop, flag-burning crowd and signs in Arabic and some other alien script)?

          And I wonder how many non-Armenian Lebanese or Palestinians actually attended this protest? I'm guessing not many.

          The one sign I like is the one that says Ես Մշեցի եմ (I'm from Mush). Oh, and also the sign that transliterates Արարատ as Ararad.
          We are outdated people mate g neres...

          They would see angry Armenians, who lost 1.5 million of their great-grandparents because of a genocide demanding their rights and lands. English and Arabic signs for the odars.

          We were about 45-50K I'd guess 1000 were only odars if not less.

          About the Արարատ, it's actually spelled as Ararad in Western Armenian and Ararat in Eastern. So, I don't get what your fuss is all about.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Armenian Genocide Commemoration in Beirut

            Originally posted by Sevag View Post
            We were about 45-50K I'd guess 1000 were only odars if not less.
            Not surprising. The community is so insular, closed-off and ghettoized and it's the same thing here in the U.S. This is slowly changing (at least in Los Angeles) as the influx of other Armenian immigrants is leading to some kind of convergence.

            Originally posted by Sevag
            About the Արարատ, it's actually spelled as Ararad in Western Armenian and Ararat in Eastern. So, I don't get what your fuss is all about.
            Գիտեմ։ It's just that nobody pronounces it that way except for Western Armenian speakers (it's pronounced Ararat in English), so my fuss is that it'll just confuse the non-Western Armenian-speaking individual.

            And I'm a WA speaker, by the way (father is from Aleppo; mother is from Beirut by way of Tripoli). Parev.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Armenian Genocide Commemoration in Beirut

              Originally posted by TomServo View Post
              Not surprising. The community is so insular, closed-off and ghettoized and it's the same thing here in the U.S. This is slowly changing (at least in Los Angeles) as the influx of other Armenian immigrants is leading to some kind of convergence.
              It's not about being insular in the case of Middle-Eastern Armenians, since Arabs don't want to cause problems with their muslim brothers (The turks) by going on a march with us.


              Originally posted by TomServo View Post
              Գիտեմ։ It's just that nobody pronounces it that way except for Western Armenian speakers (it's pronounced Ararat in English), so my fuss is that it'll just confuse the non-Western Armenian-speaking individual.

              And I'm a WA speaker, by the way (father is from Aleppo; mother is from Beirut by way of Tripoli). Parev.
              Ah well, garevore nbadagne :P
              Parevner! Halebtsinere khosh martig en, Tripoli krete hay chi mnats.

              Comment

              Working...
              X