Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

the new zo6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by winoman
    I agree that the new Corvette is a very awesome car - I'd love to have one but a 2 seater isn't in the cards for me right now and - for what I value if I was spending that kind of $$$ on a sports car it would probable be the Porsche Boxster S...though I imagine - for half the price I would be satisfied with a Honda S2000...understanding that neither of these latter two pull out into the triple digits the same way as the Corvette with its monster engine and gobs of torque does (in whichever engine guise....)...all would be great fun at the track...and while the new Corvette has excellent chassis dynamics and roadholding (so they say - haven't driven one) - its still on the bulky side for me (for a 2 seater) and I think I'd prefer tossing the smaller/lighter Boxster or S2000 around better in the twisties...
    I have owned a 2001 Z06 for a year and a half now. I originally bought the car because of its unreal performance numbers. I think now I have come to realize that great numbers do not necessarily make a great car. I love my car, but it lacks the telepathic connection between driver and car that you get in a car like the S2000. I have considered trading in the Z06 for something smaller and more playful (maybe the new Elise) but part of me still likes the brute force and torque. I guess there is no perfect car, at least not until you start spending 6 figures and up

Comment

Originally posted by bobz06
      I have owned a 2001 Z06 for a year and a half now. I originally bought the car because of its unreal performance numbers. I think now I have come to realize that great numbers do not necessarily make a great car. I love my car, but it lacks the telepathic connection between driver and car that you get in a car like the S2000. I have considered trading in the Z06 for something smaller and more playful (maybe the new Elise) but part of me still likes the brute force and torque. I guess there is no perfect car, at least not until you start spending 6 figures and up
      Yeah I hear ya - exactly. I feel this way with my Supercharged MR2 - it was telepathic - whatever I wanted to do on the road it could do...I imagine that the elise is all this and more - but the S2000 is no slouch either. And it is hard to get both - finese and the brute force torque. I have varying degrees of each with each of my cars - with my Audi being my real torque monster (at about 370 lb/ft) - and still nimble and communicative - but not like the MR2 was. Last summer I picked up an M tuned BMW 3 series in Germany - and it is an awsome car - peakier then the Audi - not nearly the torque - but roadfeel is superb and its quite nimble for a sedan - really the most balanced car I've ever driven. Probalby the wickedest car I've ever driven (that still was very nimble and great fun to drive) was a friends Supra Turbo that he had kicked up to about 550hp! - what an awesome car! I can remember flying around San Juan Puerto Rico a few years back in this thing doing 90 on city streets! But for a daily driver I think I'd find it a bit cramped inside - it was even tighter then my MR2. Thats one reason the 3 series is so nice - it does everything pretty well and its nimble and quick enough to still be a lot of fun! Hope they don't ruin this with the new model due out in a few months...anyway enjoy your zo6 - it is still an awesome car!

Comment

Originally posted by spoofy
        its is jsut a chevy a chevy thats faster then a lambo and ferrari and its 1/3 of their price
        ahhaa...are you kiding me? please specify the "Ferrari" and "lambo"...

hahah

Comment

Originally posted by bobz06
          If you want the ultimate telepathic connection get a BMW, nothing else like it. And if you want perfromance also and along with a 4 seater just get the M3 or M5, case closed.

Comment

Originally posted by omniscient
            If you want the ultimate telepathic connection get a BMW, nothing else like it. And if you want perfromance also and along with a 4 seater just get the M3 or M5, case closed.

I've driven the 3 seies and the 7 series. They are nice cars but nothing special. Care to explain what you mean by "ultimate telepathic connection"?

the m3 and m5 ara amazing cars, but I wouldnt say there is nothing else like it

Comment

Originally posted by Harut82
              I've driven the 3 seies and the 7 series. They are nice cars but nothing special. Care to explain what you mean by "ultimate telepathic connection"?

the m3 and m5 ara amazing cars, but I wouldnt say there is nothing else like it
              Ever driven the current (2004/5) 330 ZHP (performance package [M tuned])? It has verylittle body roll, tracks great - very tight all around - decently quick - near perfection - really (certainly for a 4 dr sedan). Where BMW suceeds is bal;ance. They might not do anything best - but they do it all very very good. Its a comprimise car - but one that has made most of the right choices. And I am mostly talking 3 series. I don't go for big luxocruisers in general...still 6 series are very nice and any M car is pretty special IMO....

Comment

Working...
              X