Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

2006 BMW 325i

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2006 BMW 325i

What y'all think about it? I'm not really into cars, to the point I know every single thing about it, like some people- but those who are like that, would you say it's a good car?

I'm thinking about this car, for when it's time. Drop knowledge kids

I don't know alot about cars too... But it looks like a sweet car. Pretty good specs for the money.

You thinking of getting the sedan or the convertible?

Comment

KonArtist - thse pics are of the 2005 (or prior) coupe - the entire model is changed for 2006 (sales beginning next month BTW)

This is the new (2006) 3 series:

ANd yes - looks like a great car (not cheap) - an upgrade from the prior model for the most part - larger & more powerful (215hp vs 180-190ish I think) - likley handles better as well - and many more gizmo features. I do know for a fact that the prior model has a nicer interior/dash. I bought a 3 series last year (picked it up in Germany - which is really the way to do it - you save $ and get essentally a largely paid for trip to Europe - we picked the car up in Munich - and spent a month touring through Austria, germany and France - dropped off in Paris - awesome trip). Now I got the Performance package (called M sport of such in some parts of the world) - and what a car it is - can't recommend it highly wnough - drives fantastic - and its smaller and sportier then the new 3 series comming out (so I'm glad I got the one I did). Now one-way - I can recommend the car - I do think BMWs are worth the extra $$ - if and its a big if - you are a real driver. If your just a poser or like cushyness and such then I would suggest that your money might be better spent elsewhere. And there are lots of fine autos out there now - it depends on what you are looking for as to what I might recommend. You obviously don;t need/want a large car or an SUV (good) - and if you are thinking a 3 series you probably can afford a nice car - so what are your needs/desires in a car? Handling, power, good stereo, curb apeal/status, reliability - etc etc - and I would recommend test drives - more then once and for as long as you can get the car - i test drove about a dozen 3 series several different times (the same one sometimes 2-3 times) and under different weather conditions and with traction control off and on - etc etc - to really get the feel for the car...remmember - seats and seating position need to be comfortable - visibility and controls need to meet yoour needs - etc - also check trunk space and other extras. I also looked at and test drove many other cars - and I mena many - Volkswagon Jetta & Passat, Mazda 3, 6 and RX-8, Infinity G35, Acura TSX and TL, Volvo 60R, 40ts, Audi A4/S4 (though I already have an older S4!), Subaru WRX, and a few others...anyway lots of good cars out there...so why are you interested in a 325?

Comment

I dont like the 2006 model. the older bodies looked alot nicer.

If i'm spending 30-40k I would expect more than 215 hp.
        Have you looked @ the new IS250/350?
        Last edited by Harut82; 04-15-2005, 11:05 AM.

Comment

The big news.
          1. The next IS is made to not meet but destroy the 3-series, the benchmark.
          2. The IS is made to to beat the 2 not just here in the USA, but also overseas.
          3. 3 engine choices, a new 2.5 V-6 and the new 3.5 liter V-6 and in Europe a diesal model
          4. Power is said to be in the low 200s for the 2.5 and over 300 for the 3.5
          5. A 6 speed manual or automatic for the IS250. A 6 speed auto for the 350 (the new generation Lexus transmission from the LS 430 and now used in the GS)
          6. More than 1 bodystyle (sedan first followed by Sportcross, and coupe, which maybe a hardtop convertible ala LF-C)
          7. Direct Injection and dual VVTi in the new engines.
          8. The IS shape will follow the new L-finesse style ala the 2006 GS.
          9. Top of the line technology ala from the LS and GS.
          10. All new sport interior (this maybe the biggest surprise, it will be hot!!)
          11. AWD, not sure if it will be available at initial launch
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Harut82
            I dont like the 2006 model. the older bodies looked alot nicer.

If i'm spending 30-40k I would expect more than 215 hp.
            Have you looked @ the new IS250/350?
            I agree - I like the e46 (99-04) look much better - it looks perfectly balanced (as it is) - a really fine car - glad i got one. HP isn't everything. BMWs seem to get the most out of their HP. I have 235 with my 330 and about 225 lb/ft of torque - and believe me it is plenty. My 0-60 is 5.6 sec according to Car & Driver - and I can pretty much take any of the Japanese sedans that supposedly have more horsepower - and in fact I've beaten more then one WRX recently - its really quite quick - the inline 6 is very sweet and willing to rev -and power over 4K rpm is fantastic! Besides its not just straight line acceleration that makes a car fun & rewarding to drive - its handling, roadfeel, breaking - overall balanced performance - and few can match BMW in this (though i must say my Audi - with gobs of hp & torque & AWD is more out and out fun - but it is a monster...) I've read something a month or so back on the new (lexus) IS but I don't recall the details (positve review though). The current one is nice but perhaps a bit underpowered. I'm sure the new one will keep the sportiness and add some ooomph. Again, lots of nice cars/sedans out there...even the new Subaru Legacy is very nice. For me though - I am not so enamoured with FWD...give me RWD or a decent (not overly front biased) AWD and I can be very happy!

Comment

looks nice (like a bit of a sported up Volvo S40 - which is a very nice auto BTW) - whats the power of the 3.5 V6? Ah - just saw - auto only for the 350 eh - big mistake. Can;t ever "beat" BMW with just an auto......nope nope...
              Last edited by winoman; 04-15-2005, 11:22 AM.

Comment

Whoa, nice feedback. Alrite, I heard the new 325 cost about $33..? Anyway, after I graduate (this summer), I'm supposed to get a car from my parents. When my sister graduated, they got her a car, and now I guess I'll be getting one. My price range is something lower than $33, I don't wanna go overboard. For around that price, what do you guys think is best? What I like in a car, is something that looks good on the outside, but also performs well. I don't want my car dying on the streets, I need it to drive. If the stereo it comes with is decent, I won't bother putting my own system in. I'll also be changing the rims, to something good, nothing flashy. I'll get hooked up on systems and rims so that's no deal. I just need a good car, that's all I know. I wanted a G35, but that's getting played out quick. Then I saw this car, and I was like, it looks pretty good. I just need to know what to do. The Lexus you guys mentioned, I wanted to buy the old body, but this new body, looks kinda weird. The old body looked nice, this one looks sort of too futuristic, lol.

A lot of people buy cars because they're fast, and blah blah. I don't need that kinda stuff. People keep saying, "Oh, this car is weak, that car is slow.. Get a stick!" I'm not into that kinda stuff, just so you get an idea. And yeah, my car would be auto.

Also, how you said I don't like big cars/SUV's. Actually, I perfer one, but since it costs more, I'll probably get a compact car. If I had the money, I'd be buying a Range, heh. Anyway, I think the Tahoe's look crazy, my cousin has one and the way he put it together- it just looks wowwww. So what's the deal with my car, what do you guys suggest?

Comment

BTW, I guess the reason I'm not feeling the new IS is because they took away the look I liked. The old body just looked nice, this one just ruined it for me

Comment

one-way -

OK I hear you. (and nice deal BTW - parents forking over $30K for a new car!). My advice would be to not get something fancy or big (no old persons car) - get something fun. In fact a nice little 2 seater - like a Mazda Miata may be the thing - think about it. Or if you feel you need more hauling space consider a small hatch - the Mazda 3 is very nice...(and you could almost buy 2 for $30K!) - or if you wanted sportier perhaps an RX-8 (not much trunk though - but a great drive). Also in the hatch category perhaps a golf or the new GTI - new (upcomming) GTI should be really nice and great fun (and affordable). Subaru WRX is also a very nice (& quick) car - and the hatchback version is very practicle as well. Acura RSX or TSX might be nice options too. Again - all depnds on your wants/needs and you should check them out for yourself.

Oh & forget the SUVs - most drive like crap and you probably wouldn't use them off road - so get a car - really - much more driving enjoyment and much more practical and better value for the $$$$$

Comment

Working...
                    X