Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

All things related to Hryastan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Originally posted by Mher View Post
    Similarly Israel, and it's American interest AIPAC/ADL promoting anti-Armenian positions doesn't mean there's a global ideological jewish anti-Armeinan agenda.
    you are correct there is no global Jewish anti-Armenian agenda. Neither there is any global Armenian anti-Jewish agenda. Certain Jews like to use Armenia as a disposable country to serve their interest and few Armenians are pointing it out. What a disaster to point it out.

Comment

I've leave it to the moderators in the future to deal with emotional attacks and ad hominems accusing me of "antisemitic nonsense," being a "charlatan," "Nazi white supremacistism," or "foolish racism." But for the benefit of any curious readers here (like Argin) who may have just been misinformed, let me make a few things clear:

History is never black and white. But I am hardly a "Nazi" as I have always condemned Hitler's genocidal aggression against Russia, and celebrated the Soviet victory in the Great Patriotic War as a victory that was paid for by hundreds of thousands of Armenian casualties. Anyone accusing me of being a "charlatan" can read my posts and point out if I have said anything non-factual. And I have strongly condemned "Nazis" in Ukraine and Russia as traitors to their countries; I'm not even sure that the people calling me a Nazi understand what they are talking about, but that is not really my problem.

It should be most disturbing for the audience, however, that some people are more interested in defending Jews than defending Armenia, even when the Jews are directly attacking Armenia in full public view. It takes a special kind of twisted mentality to describe as "anti-Semitism" or "foolish racism" the mere act of pointing out the countless examples of Jews who have attacked Armenia, and pointing out the fact that Jews are second only to Turks and Azeris in attacking Armenia, no other group even comes close. It is funny that these same people never accuse the anti-Armenian Jews authoring these piece of hate propaganda on behalf of Turkey and Azerbaijan as "anti-Armenian racists, but I suppose that wouldn't be politically correct. "Armenia needs patriots and nationalists, not ideological apologists making excuses for Armenia's enemies. As a whole, apart from a few decent ones, only influential Turks and influential Jews openly deny the Armenian Genocide; other nations generally say things like "now's not the time" or "leave it to historians", but Turks and Jews are pretty much guaranteed to say "the Armenian Genocide is a lie." That is much deeper than just "geopolitical interests," even if the Zionist racists among us want to pretend otherwise. There is no point in priding ourselves as a nation over how great the Armenian Armed Forces are if we lack the courage to even name those who are attacking us and forcing us to defend outselfes - might as well just disband the military and border service in that case and declare that Armenia is open to anyone who wants a piece of it.

I have spent over fifteen years studying Armenian history and geopolitics, and I am not a cowardly or dishonorable person to force myself to keep silent in the misguided aim of "political correctness" as I witness a clear pattern of attacks against Armenia by clearly identified groups, namely Turks, Azeris, Jews.

Anyway, I have said what I needed to say to set the record straight for the benefit of whatever audience this thread might get. I have no desire to waste any more time responding to personal attacks from people that I don't care about.

PS anyone interested in studying geopolitics and history should check out the latest entry on this blog regarding the Battle of Sarikamish, and the last time Russia and Armenia fought and decisively defeated Turkey. Round 2 might not be too far off, so it is best to educate yourself:

A blog about the rise of Russia, Russian-Armenian relations and Eurasian geopolitics

ps the thread Joseph linked to seems interesting, thanks.
      Last edited by Sarkis86; 02-29-2016, 02:34 PM.

Comment

• Re: All things related to Hryastan

"From Peace to Hit-Piece: Turkey’s New Lobbying Strategy Against Armenian Americans

By Taniel Koushakjian
        Armenian Agenda Editor

Hit Piece
        On February 22, the Turkish Institute of Progress retained Mercury Public Affairs, LLC to lobby on its behalf in Washington, D.C. According to the filing, Mercury will lobby specifically on “Turkish-US relations.” Two days later, Mercury’s Vice Chairman, Adam Ereli, a former U.S. Ambassador and Deputy Spokesperson at the State Department, penned a hit-piece on Armenia entitled “Putin’s Newest Satellite State,” on Forbes’ opinion page. However, Forbes neglects to mention the fact that Ereli’s firm is under contract with the anti-Armenian lobby group. It is not yet clear whether or not Ereli disclosed to Forbes his business relationship behind the story.

It appears that either the Turkish lobby planted this story with the full knowledge and support of Forbes , or that Mercury’s connection with Forbes was used as a pawn in the Turkish lobby’s anti-Armenian campaign.

This is not the first time a high-priced Washington lobbyist has used the stroke of the pen to attack Armenian Americans. In 2014, Brenda Shaffer wrote a piece in the New York Times opinion page entitled “Russia’s next land grab.” The title sounds familiar. The story’s byline for Shaffer states that she “is a professor of political science at the University of Haifa and a visiting researcher at Georgetown.” However, Shaffer did not disclose her role as a paid consultant to Azerbaijan’s state-run oil company SOCAR. After the Times realized they had been duped, the editor’s rightly appended the story with the following statement: “This Op-Ed, about tensions between Armenia and Azerbaijan, did not disclose that the writer has been an adviser to Azerbaijan’s state-run oil company. Like other Op-Ed contributors, the writer, Brenda Shaffer, signed a contract obliging her to disclose conflicts of interest, actual or potential. Had editors been aware of her ties to the company, they would have insisted on disclosure.”

Peace?
        The Turkish Institute of Progress (TIP), a New York based Turkish lobby group is the latest player trying to prop up Turkey by putting down Armenian Americans. The group was established months prior the centennial anniversary of the Armenian Genocide to “provide a forum for dialogue in pursuit of peace and cooperation between Turkey and the international community,” according to its website.

Instead of outright opposing Armenian Genocide recognition efforts by American human rights activists, the Turkish lobby’s genocide denial strategy shifted its approach to the issue on the centennial anniversary. TIP’s other hired public relations firm, Levick, tried to get a counter genocide resolution introduced that “focused on the next 100 years” by Rep. Curt Clawson (R-FL) who had been recruited to introduce the bill by Clawson’s predecessor, Congressman Connie Mack (R-FL), now a lobbyist for Levick.

A pushback from Clawson’s own constituency thwarted the TIP’s efforts, and the resolution, H. Res. 226, was instead introduced by Rep. Jeff Sessions (R-TX). The bill currently has two cosponsors.

I am personally aware of the Turkish government’s coordinated anti-Armenian effort with TIP, Levick, and now Mercury, as I was in Clawson’s district on April 12, 2015. I was invited to give a presentation on the Armenian Genocide at the Holocaust Museum and Education Center of Southwest Florida in Naples. Upon my arrival to the Holocaust Museum, I was shown an intimidating letter by Ozgur Kivanc Altan, Consul General of the Republic of Turkey in Miami addressed to the Holocaust Museum demanding that they cancel my presentation.

From Peace to Hit-Piece
        The Turkish lobby’s strategy of genocide denial cloaked as peace has now turned to attacking the Republic of Armenia itself in order to mask Azerbaijan’s $4 billion dollar arms purchase from Russia, not to mention Azerbaijan’s gross abuse of human rights, corruption scandals, jailing of journalists, and drift away from democracy and towards authoritarian rule.

Mr. Ereli’s anti-Armenian hit-piece in Forbes should be appended, as the New York Times did, so that its readership is fully aware of his firm’s financial benefit from the published story. Their readers deserve no less.

*UPDATE: As of 4:00 PM on 2/26/16, Forbes corrected Ereli’s byline, stating he is “the vice chairman of Mercury, a public affairs and strategy firm whose clients include the Turkish Institute for Progress.”"

By Taniel Koushakjian Armenian Agenda Editor Hit Piece On February 22, the Turkish Institute of Progress retained Mercury Public Affairs, LLC to lobby on

Comment

The propaganda machine is on.

"U.S. Jewish Groups Back Azerbaijan Despite Rights Concerns

WASHINGTON -- Azerbaijan has long lauded its relations with pro-Israeli groups that advocate on its behalf in Washington, a bond rooted in Tel Aviv’s rapport with the former Soviet republic that touts itself as a haven for the Jewish people in the Muslim world.

And amid mounting international criticism of Azerbaijan’s human rights record, U.S.-based Jewish organizations are standing firm in their support of Baku, which they see as a linchpin of stability in a region replete with governments hostile to Israel.

"Our message is clear and consistent: Azerbaijan is an important strategic partner for the United States and the West, as well as a valued friend of Israel and the Jewish people," American Jewish Committee (AJC) executive director David Harris said in a statement last week following a meeting in Baku with Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev.

Fresh off the press in Europe - Tuesday, March 01, 2016. The West's Jewish propaganda machine is on big time.

"In an increasingly turbulent world, Azerbaijan's contributions to regional stability, energy security, counterterrorism operations, and religious tolerance are all things to be valued," Harris added.

In 2000, then-Azerbaijani President Heydar Aliyev praised leading American Jewish groups "for acting in our favor" by trying to persuade U.S. lawmakers to repeal a 1992 ban on direct aid to Baku due to its conflict with Armenia over the disputed region of Nagorno-Karabakh."

Amid international criticism of Azerbaijan’s human rights record, U.S.-based Jewish organizations are firm in their support of Baku.

Comment

Originally posted by Mher View Post
            Five years ago when I started using this forum, I hardly knew anything about Armenian politics or economics. Now I can say I know more than almost anyone I have met in Armenia and the Diaspora in the past two or three years, and I can call myself a repat to my homeland, and its mainly thanks to the start I got from this forum.

A bit arrogant no?

You still have a lot of bread and cheese to eat before you can sit at the table with the big boys.
            For the first time in more than 600 years, Armenia is free and independent, and we are therefore obligated
            to place our national interests ahead of our personal gains or aspirations.

http://www.armenianhighland.com/main.html

Comment

Originally posted by Sarkis86 View Post
              I've leave it to the moderators in the future to deal with emotional attacks and ad hominems accusing me of "antisemitic nonsense," being a "charlatan," "Nazi white supremacistism," or "foolish racism." But for the benefit of any curious readers here (like Argin) who may have just been misinformed, let me make a few things clear:

History is never black and white. But I am hardly a "Nazi" as I have always condemned Hitler's genocidal aggression against Russia, and celebrated the Soviet victory in the Great Patriotic War as a victory that was paid for by hundreds of thousands of Armenian casualties. Anyone accusing me of being a "charlatan" can read my posts and point out if I have said anything non-factual. And I have strongly condemned "Nazis" in Ukraine and Russia as traitors to their countries; I'm not even sure that the people calling me a Nazi understand what they are talking about, but that is not really my problem.

It should be most disturbing for the audience, however, that some people are more interested in defending Jews than defending Armenia, even when the Jews are directly attacking Armenia in full public view. It takes a special kind of twisted mentality to describe as "anti-Semitism" or "foolish racism" the mere act of pointing out the countless examples of Jews who have attacked Armenia, and pointing out the fact that Jews are second only to Turks and Azeris in attacking Armenia, no other group even comes close. It is funny that these same people never accuse the anti-Armenian Jews authoring these piece of hate propaganda on behalf of Turkey and Azerbaijan as "anti-Armenian racists, but I suppose that wouldn't be politically correct. "Armenia needs patriots and nationalists, not ideological apologists making excuses for Armenia's enemies. As a whole, apart from a few decent ones, only influential Turks and influential Jews openly deny the Armenian Genocide; other nations generally say things like "now's not the time" or "leave it to historians", but Turks and Jews are pretty much guaranteed to say "the Armenian Genocide is a lie." That is much deeper than just "geopolitical interests," even if the Zionist racists among us want to pretend otherwise. There is no point in priding ourselves as a nation over how great the Armenian Armed Forces are if we lack the courage to even name those who are attacking us and forcing us to defend outselfes - might as well just disband the military and border service in that case and declare that Armenia is open to anyone who wants a piece of it.

I have spent over fifteen years studying Armenian history and geopolitics, and I am not a cowardly or dishonorable person to force myself to keep silent in the misguided aim of "political correctness" as I witness a clear pattern of attacks against Armenia by clearly identified groups, namely Turks, Azeris, Jews.

Anyway, I have said what I needed to say to set the record straight for the benefit of whatever audience this thread might get. I have no desire to waste any more time responding to personal attacks from people that I don't care about.

PS anyone interested in studying geopolitics and history should check out the latest entry on this blog regarding the Battle of Sarikamish, and the last time Russia and Armenia fought and decisively defeated Turkey. Round 2 might not be too far off, so it is best to educate yourself:

A blog about the rise of Russia, Russian-Armenian relations and Eurasian geopolitics

ps the thread Joseph linked to seems interesting, thanks.
              agreed.who said if you protect you country from a few jews who work hand to hand to isolate armenia is anti semitic,i mean the ideology that if you dont agree with jews,then your a natzi,or if you dont like obama,then your racist is trending.its a tool used to keep people silent and have them refrain from freedom of speech.the fact remains that there are jewish politicians against the armenian cause,and having informed about them wouldn't be a crime,thanks for the info sarkiss,keep up the great work

Comment

Originally posted by Azad View Post
                you are correct there is no global Jewish anti-Armenian agenda. Neither there is any global Armenian anti-Jewish agenda. Certain Jews like to use Armenia as a disposable country to serve their interest and few Armenians are pointing it out. What a disaster to point it out.

Originally posted by argin View Post
                agreed.who said if you protect you country from a few jews who work hand to hand to isolate armenia is anti semitic,i mean the ideology that if you dont agree with jews,then your a natzi,or if you dont like obama,then your racist is trending.its a tool used to keep people silent and have them refrain from freedom of speech.the fact remains that there are jewish politicians against the armenian cause,and having informed about them wouldn't be a crime,thanks for the info sarkiss,keep up the great work
                http://forum.hyeclub.com/showthread....l=1#post339190

Thank you for playing

Comment

I always find my opinions in line with Mher and while I understand his position, I fundamentally disagree. Sarkis's analysis is spot on..after turkey/azeri, israel is our secondary enemy. They have historically ALWAYS been anti-armenian, before, during, and post genocide. They go out of their way to bring us down and despise the fact that we exist.

Comment

Originally posted by argin View Post
                    Thank you Argin, but I don't plan on keeping active on this forum. I am very active on the blog theriseofrussia.blogspot.com under the same username if you are interested. But it is good knowing that there are Armenians like you that are on here and put defending Armenia above all else. To be honest, the only reason I decided to log back on here was when I saw you state - accurately - that Jews were behind the recent anti-Armenia articles. I wanted to provide my list, and ask that you use the facts from that list in future debates. Mission accomplished.

Originally posted by Shant03 View Post
                    I always find my opinions in line with Mher and while I understand his position, I fundamentally disagree. Sarkis's analysis is spot on..after turkey/azeri, israel is our secondary enemy. They have historically ALWAYS been anti-armenian, before, during, and post genocide. They go out of their way to bring us down and despise the fact that we exist.
                    The reason you find yourself agreeing with me is because I have drawn a logical conclusion based solely on verifiable facts. No opinions, no conjecture, no excuses, no twisting things in order to pass a lie that I happen to favor off as the truth. Armenian patriots may disagree on various issues (economy, society, liberalism, etc.) but no Armenian patriot should ever deny or try to excuse the long list of organized Jewish attacks against Armenia. You sound like you already know the score between Armenians and Jews, so you probably had an easier time accepting the inconvenient truth than some people. Of course some people find that the truth hurts their delicate feelings and contradicts with the "Jews are always innocent victims" programming that dominates every aspect of American culture, therefore such people attack the truth by attacking facts and by ad hominems against the presenter of facts. But since they don't have any actual facts to stand on, they can only resort to insults and excuses while avoiding the completely and utterly avoiding the core of the discussion. It's not too hard to imagine that these people one day trip up over their own "everything Jewish is sacred" ideology and find themselves unable to counter Azeri claims of a "Khojali Genocide" under the theory that "only a Nazi Turk would deny genocide/holocaust/etc." At the very least, we can agree that this is not helpful in political discussions among mature people (the Big Boys as Armanen stated).

Here is a comment from another blog that covers this topic:

As you can see, Jews have also succeeded in convincing our sheeple that it is a great sin to criticize Jews. Idiots like this wouldn't think twice about criticizing "Muslims", "Russians", "Georgians", "Arabs", "Hungarians" or even "Americans"... but God forbid anyone criticizes "Jews". Just think: Why can we criticize other ethnic or religious groups but not Jews?!?!?! Why do these people even care about Jews? What have Jews ever done for us other than consistently align themselves with our enemies? What have Jews ever done for us other than encouraging the genocide of Armenians a century ago? What have Jews ever done for us other than blocking genocide recognition efforts around the world? Very, very weird that we have Armenians making excuses for these people.

I remain convinced that this attitude (and there are many in the American-Armenian community like this) is a result of "social conditioning" that comes from growing up in a Western nation. Through things like school curriculum, cinema, television and the news media, Jews have succeeded in brainwashing the masses. That's how they subvert nations. They use cultural levers to brainwash or distract the masses, they use financial levers to buy officials and subvert governments. That's how they ruined Russia; that's how they ruined Germany; that's how they are currently ruining the US.

When I talk about Russians or Americans, I am not talking about the average Russian or American. Similarly, when I talk about Jews, I am not talking about the average Shlomo in the street. When I talk about Jews I talk about their collective body. In other words: Not the cell but the organ.

There are many, many very decent, very wonderful Jews. I have great admiration for people like NYU's Stephen Cohen, Mordechai Vanunu, Noam Chomsky, Israel Shahak, Norman Finkelstein, Seymour Hersh, Ralph Schoenman and many, many others like them. I believe Jews are a very intelligent people, just like us Armenians. But unlike us Armenians, Jews are instinctually drawn to ideological conviction and politics. Jews are instinctually proactive when it comes to sociopolitical activism. It's in their blood, and it's something I admire them for. That said, what I despise and fear is organized Jewry. I particularly dislike and fear Ashkenazi Zionists who tend to be rabid racists not to mention very anti-Christian. We Armenians have suffered greatly because of them.
                    ps

Check out this comment I left on this article from a while back. The author completely ignored every valid criticism I posted to his argument, and instead left me a message saying "I won't discuss things with mental retard Nazi Russia-worshippers". He deleted this original comment with the insults, but for the time being my response to it still stands.

Anyway, a man much wiser than myself taught me that insults from idiots are actually badges of honor, so it's all good.
                    Last edited by Sarkis86; 02-29-2016, 07:56 PM.

Comment

AIPAC, the biggest foreign lobby in Washington is against AG recognition and will do anything to stop it from passing the bill.
                      If one day the Turks and Jews loose their old friendship then AIPAC may not block the bill and a president that will stand behind his words may pass it. They will pass it to hurt Turkey not because of humanity.

Regardless makes no difference to some of us.....long live Artsakh.
                      B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Working...
                      X